Perkin Elmer Incorporated Employee Reviews

management is weak technically, scientifically, morally
Sr. Director (Current Employee) –  Waltham, MAMarch 2, 2016
Very high attrition, event the heads of HR could not take it... they went through 3 heads of HR in the past year, VP of sales left last June, VP of product development in October, VP R&D in December, another 20-30 people at various levels. The informatics leadership got rid of all the Asians from the management last year. Many inappropriate comments. Place is like the Russian aristocracy... Czarina and Rasputin... nasty swatzy politics...and Check out the linkedin profiles of management...Qualifications of top management: zero years technical experience (software or analytics), zero years domain (life science) experience and would have expected at least management training, none of them have it.
Most of the managers have no science or technical backgrounds so you will be stuck reporting to folks who have no clue and treat you poorly.
Pros
with such high attrition, they don't have layoffs
Cons
they have nothing that they have built internally, no expertise
People and practices
Distributon Associate (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTFebruary 5, 2016
Excellent company culture. Good procedure flow, many outside activites to help the community Hours are good, advantage for overtime.
Pros
free coffee!
Cons
slow to go from temp. to perm.
I am not happy with this co I have worked here for 12 years loved the co when it was Caliper life sciences.
Clean Room Inspector (Current Employee) –  Hopkinton, MAMay 23, 2016
I am not happy there, when the co was Caliper Life Sciences I was very happy, my work day is very hard I have learned to run some machines in cleanroom the management is not good they pick there fav!! my co-workers are nice and friendly, the hardest part of the job is the machines break down alot so there are some days you feel like you have not done much.
Pros
Cons
alot
Liked the company overall, but it was disjointed, unclear on its mission and managed solely on a quarterly basis.
Enterprise Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 20, 2015
PE constantly acquires companies and as a result, has layoff's every quarter. So....in effect, everyone is subject to layoff every quarter. Management also set unreasonable goals for sales people, while also providing no RND, no application scientists and zero marketing.
Pros
One can work fairly independently.
Cons
Company is very short sited and does not plan and consider for the long term needs of their business, customers and employees.
Quality Control of wide samples
Quality Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, IndiaApril 15, 2015
A day when I need to run a typical sample on HPLC. Validation of method really took the deal.
The very sophisticated Multi-national company with good benefits.I barely worked for 65 days.
Not involved much in management activities.Good support and encouragement from team lead and higher superiors.
Pros
Free gifts
Excellent Employer
ONESOURCE ONSITE ADMINISTRATOR (Exelixis and Merck (Current Employee) –  South San Francisco, CASeptember 18, 2015
I highly recommend PerkinElmer to anyone. It a very good company, community and working environment. They are very supportive in personal growth. Managers are very flexible to an empoyees needs.
Close to home with a friendly group to work with.
Engineering Electronic Technician (Current Employee) –  Branford, CTMay 30, 2015
I work closely with engineers and scientists daily with PCB board repairs and modifications, wiring, and testing of instruments.

Since the instruments I work on are subject to high voltage I was sent for IPC-7711/IPC-7721 certification.

The site where I work has had between 30 to 50 employees and are close nit and friendly. The managers, scientists, engineers and machine shop work well with each other.

The hardest time I have is towards the end of a project stage when everyone has priority jobs at the same time and I have to decide priorty.
Pros
Free coffee. located in a shaded area for lunch time walks.
Cons
Many extended meetings where people are not avaiable.
Perkin Elmer fast paced environment
Medical Billing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYJuly 14, 2015
My typical day at Perkin Elmer is fast paced workplace, as soon as i come in I read emails and faxes of information requested from the previous day to process claims and approve denials. information that I dont receive, I have to follow up with health insurance companies so we can meet our deadline.
Pros
friendly coworkers that help get the job done
Cons
short breaks
Lots of knowledge gained
Management Accountant (Former Employee) –  Singapore, S00April 23, 2015
A good place to learn on how to be a Management Accountant and working directly with directors to provide them the monthly financial results.
Lively innovative company with good reputation in its field.
Account Co-Ordinator / Invoice Review Co-Ordinator (Former Employee) –  Seer Green Near BeaconsfieldNovember 10, 2014
A good overall company with a good ethos. The company has been making a few changes and restructuring over the time of my employment. A good interation between offices and always something new being introduced to move in line with these changes.
Sadly a few management issues locally within our department but overall a well managed company.
Pros
generally very pleasant people to work with. this is very important to me.
Cons
management of team could be improved.
Analytical Equipement Manufacturing
Senior Technician / Medical Equipment Mfg (Current Employee) –  Singapore-BounavistaJune 22, 2013
• Perform Mechanical Assembly of Sensors and associated equipment wire and solder PCB onto mechanical chassis.
• Perform Electrical Testing and Calibration of products according to defined test procedures and product specifications.
• Complete work orders timely in line with customer requirements.
• Fault finding and root cause analysis of products as needed.
• Perform simple trouble shooting if required.
• Maintain good housekeeping (5S) in the working area, ensuring good Safety practice and also safe custody of tools, equipment and other properties belonging to the Module.

My co-workers are Singaporeans,Philippines,Chinese,Indians.

I didn't feel anything hard in my job, Because I am a hard worker.

Exactly good management, Its a US management.
Good work enviorment.
Animal Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Hanover, MDMarch 10, 2014
1) Staff was courteous, very professional, always open to employee's concerns.
2) Management was good at problem solving.
3) Coworkers were flexible and willing to assist when needed.
Pros
good benefits and a well organized staff.
Dead end with no chance for advancement
Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rahway, NJJanuary 20, 2014
They have no clear path or temporary employees to become full time.
The company if full of "perma-temps", who are under paid with no benefits and have no chance for advancement to full time
peoplesoft database administrator
peoplesoftdatabase admin (Current Employee) –  HyderabadDecember 10, 2013
I was started my career with north gate technologies as a PEOPLE SOFT DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR in the year of 2010.
I have the good knowledge on ORACLEDBA also.because i am working with that team some time.My work experience is very good with my colleagues. My working timings is second shift. I had learn lot from that company.But my career growth and for better pro spates i want change from this company mainly i want to change my location to Coimbatore or Chennai. so i am looking for PEOPLESOFT DBA or ORACLEDBA positions in Coimbatore.
An amazing job where I mix work with the pleasure of working with my friends
Technician III (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTMay 18, 2012
I go every day to work happy, not only because I know many people from the company, also because I do something I do like. I have been working with my present company for over 15 years, and I was able to grow in my career, having a nice environment with excellent managers, who always motivated me to do be better person and to apply all the skills I have been learning day by day.
I can not complaint or see anything negative or hard from work.
ok
GROUP LEADER FOR CELL BASED ASSAYS (Former Employee) –  Hanover mdAugust 13, 2013
corporate culture
coworkers most enjoyable part of the job
management was swell
Pros
free coffee
Contract introduction course to the pharmaceutical world
QA Auditor / Inspector (Former Employee) –  Lansdale, PANovember 5, 2013
Management was the most understanding and productive group of people. They took fresh graduates and introduced them to the giant world of manufacturing.

Daily physical inventory of laboratory equipment into a standardized database though out multiple buildings.
Pros
free lunches outside of the plant
Cons
contract position, wish it could have lasted longer.
great working environment and interesting work
Group Leader (Former Employee) –  710 bridgeport ave shelton ctJuly 11, 2013
I enjoyed having the ability to be creative and finding alternative solutions, always had great coworkers, many friends to this day
the most difficult part of work was not being able to meet a time line, and my favorite part of working at Perkin Elmer was interfacing with different departments
Pros
good benefits, clean environment, overtime
Cons
work outsourcing
Year-long position so role terminated prior to entering University.
Engineering Education Scheme Wales (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, WLSOctober 21, 2014
Main achievements:
Task objective was achieved by introducing an automated conveyor-belt system into the design after a result of extensive evaluation leading to 3 more spectrometry units being produced per day, so the Supervisor at the plant was going to propose the idea to senior management and board members and try and implement the idea devised by me and my team.

Due to an optimal manufacturing process, two fewer workers were required for the manual jobs that they had been conducting and therefore the company made an indirect saving of £40,000 in wages. However, to preserve work contracts, the company ensured job-rotation so the workers did not need to be made redundant and were shifted to another part of the manufacturing plant or tended to the operation of the conveyor belt.

At the presentation at the Celtic Manor, as a result of the joint effort of the entire team and the sublime co-ordination of myself, the project manager, as well as the confidence in the delivery of the presentation, my team was awarded with the 'Best Overall Team' awarded and paid a £500 incentive for the outstanding efforts.

Finally, I exceeded my task role by brainstorming modernisation throughout the plant in terms of lighting, flooring and opening up the manufacturing room to create a more work-friendly environment and this was also met with great commendation by the company.
na
One Source Business Operations Analyst (Former Employee) –  New JerseySeptember 17, 2014
Wonderful place to work. Management is all about mentorship and teaching so that everyone can become better at what they do. Great work environment.