PERI Formwork Systems Inc., Calgary, is seeking energetic, motivated and driven Yard Workers to join their dynamic team in the outdoor yard area.
PERI is a leading global company in formwork, scaffolding and related engineering with over 6,500 employees worldwide. Our comprehensive product range is the basis for the most cost-effective solutions in concrete construction. PERI offers excellent engineering expertise, efficient logistics operations, practical instruction and construction site support, hands on training and exceptional technical documentation.
PERI takes an avid interest in the growth and development of all employees as they are the driving force behind the company’s continued success.
As part of our exceptional Logistics and Distribution team, you will be expected to perform the following general duties and responsibilities:
- Actively participate in the shipping and receiving operations throughout the yard including duties such as loading and unloading trucks; checking for overages, damages and shortages; order picking; operating a forklift; and repackaging returned materials;
- Safely operate a heavy duty counterbalance forklift to move material and pick orders when required;
- Consistently execute safety inspections on forklift before and after operation;
- Consistently execute pedestrian safety while operating machinery;
- Follow proper lifting techniques and methods, and handle material as per instruction, at all times;
- Actively participate in year-end inventory-control process ;
- Participate in all group health and safety meetings;
- Maintain satisfactory attendance record with consistent emphasis on punctuality;
- Comply with all PERI policies and procedures, and provincial health and safety standards, at all times.
In order to join our team, we require the following:
- Must have a valid Forklift license from a recognized and accredited Canadian training program or school;
- Must have a valid Motor vehicle operators permit (driver’s license) issued by recognized Provincial Authority;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in the safe operation of a diesel-powered counterbalance forklift with capacities up to 15,000 Ibs/7,000 kgs
- Experience in an outdoor yard environment is strongly preferred
- Basic math aptitude - ability to perform basic addition, subtraction and multiplication, and to count parts manually
- Visual acuity - ability to differentiate between different colours, shapes, and sizes
- Physical aptitude - ability to lift up to 60 lbs., and handle large and small parts for material preparation and movement
As a PERI employee, you can expect the following work conditions in the yard area:
- All operations are performed outdoors, year round (except for extreme weather conditions as per PERI’s discretion)
- Regular exposure to dust, dirt and grime
- Regular exposure to a limited range of non-carcinogenic MSDS-controlled products (WHMIS certification will be issued by PERI)
- Constant exposure to forklift and transport truck traffic
- Regular exposure to moderate noise levels in the 85 db range
- Standing and walking for up to 8 hours per day
- Manual labour as required throughout the shift
- Availability to work overtime during week days and on select weekends
Qualified individuals are invited to submit their resumes to Human Resources by e-mail or by fax to 905-951-8851
Please Note: There is no public transit access available to the Calgary yard location.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in this position. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information and updates on PERI Formwork Systems Inc., please visit our company website: www.peri.ca
PERI is an Equal Opportunity Employer