PERI Formwork Systems Inc. Employee Reviews

was good for the time i was there
Carpenter (Apprentice) (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON3 June 2017
Had a pleasant work environment while I was there, every interaction with my team members and co workers all had a healthy level of respect in the workplace. I was always in a position to learn and used my initiative to advance the team to improve productivity.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
physically demanding
Every day is different. Some can be poisonous and negative, others can be productive and enjoyable.
Account Receivable - Bilingual (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON7 March 2016
My experience is great, I am a huge fan of the company. Management often nitpick little things in order to hound you and stay on top of you. They have preference and if you are not one of them you will not be chosen for any promotion. As a bilingual, the manager can be very rude about french peoples. Some Co-workers have no diploma, they just learn from the company and they didn't care if you have a diploma much higher then others. You will still be doing the same job and others will be promoted. Beside all that, The people that worked for Peri, where mostly very friendly and reasonable with the work life balance. If the manager like you, you are in good hand, if not..start looking for another job...you will lose.
If I had the chance to prove my acknowledge, thin will be different. 90% of management are great to work with. I do recommend anyone to join Peri. Beside I had a lot of fun.
Pros
job advancement is good, though some managers love to nitpick and find reasons for them to claim you're not yet ready, benefits are good.
Cons
As a bilingual, Speaking, writing everyday, they dint acknowledge and you wont get paid as a bilingual.
Not a nice place to work ...
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bolton Ontario28 February 2016
A typical day is being spied on by the bosses parrots. 6 guys at this yard report everything you do to the boss.
Yard management has a vindictive approach to the day.
Do something wrong once and you will be treated bad the rest of your time.
Co workers are good except for the spies in the yard.
Don't trust anybody
I was a Supervisor there so i know all the games.
Pros
3 bbq's per summer
Cons
Terrible Yard Management
Live environment
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON21 February 2016
Though I was working in labor job at Peri, I always like to work here. People are co-operative and always find something to enjoy.

Supervisor always come to greet everyone.

The hardest part of job is heavy lifting and dirty parts, weather as you have to work outside.

The most enjoyable part of the job is everyday they will ask you to stay late for an overtime.
Pros
Barbecue in summer (at-least 3 times in summer)
Excellent workplace and coworkers
Office Administration (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, On8 July 2014
All Office Administration to include timekeeping for over 70 Carpenter's on site.

Foreman very respectable of workspace - small trailers on site.

Excellent communication with all coworkers.

Liked to be on site in construction sector.
Motivating work environment, team oriented.
Outdoor Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Bolton, ON18 April 2013
The management was a pleasant experience as they were easy to get along with and this made work every day more enjoyable. All employees worked in teams of 2-3. This allowed for productive work and made the overall atmosphere in the workplace social and easy going. The owner of the plant would often walk around to see how employees were and make sure they kept hydrated on the hotter summer days. Overall it was definitely a positive work experience.
Pros
being outdoors, team work, and a positive environment.
Cons
tiring and repetitive work.
Leading Edge products for the construction industry.
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Bolton, Ontario3 April 2013
Strong systems in place.
Great information.
Good balance of work and family time
SAP environment.
Pros
financially strong parent company.
Cons
small specialty industry
Fast-paced work with organizing and communication highly required
Formwork Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Bolton, ON31 May 2012
-I learned to work in a fast paced work environment since this position requires day to day updates and feedback from the site.

-Constant communication with lead engineer, sale representative and site person required.

-Very quiet working environment

-Setting up priority and finishing the task on time is one of the challenges in this position
Pros
obtained detail oriented and fast paced work habit
Cons
constant change in work priority