Perfit Computer Systems Group Inc.
Is looking to fill the role of: IT System Administrator
Since 1996, Perfit has been designing, developing and supporting customers on the EMDECS software platform, providing complete IT and software solutions for the heavy-duty truck and trailer maintenance industry. Simplicity is the key to our success, which is just one of the many reasons why our customers love our focused and analytical approach to designing business management software. We also think it’s pretty darn good too!
Job Details: Together, with our team of developers and other IT professionals, you will be a contributing to member of Perfit’s success by managing the planning, execution and ongoing review of enhancement to our network, infrastructure and cloud systems.
You will also be responsible for ensuring optimal day-to-day IT performance, reliability, availability and security of Perfit’s client data.
However, this is not your typical IT role. If you are an Oracle expert and a solutions-driven techie who looks forward to architecting solutions for the future, while solving the problems of today, then keep reading!
Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Mastermind, tune and ensure optimal performance of our server and storage environments, development and QA platforms, networks, phone systems, desktops and related technologies and services
- Manage the performance and security of Perfit’s co-located Data Centre to ensure databases and application servers are monitored and functioning at an indefectible level
- Sustain and enforce Perfit’s Information Security policy as per ISO and PCI self-audit documents
- Maintain a responsive presence as internal support for all software/hardware updates, version installs, upgrades, configurations and troubleshooting queries and requests; all while ensuring a continuous and committed service level
- Outstanding troubleshooting and problem solving skills and abilities
- Assist our Customer Experience team with rectifying client-facing technical issues exemplifying Perfit’s standard of care
- Collaborate with the development and support teams on various integrated third party applications such as: back up systems, SSL certificates, general software licensing, telecommunications providers, etc.
- Advocate for technology trends such as progressive and emerging standards when facilitating procurement and installation opportunities
- Be accountable for functionality, security, sound operational management, and advancement of Perfit’s technologies
- Identify and implement agile process improvements to innovate, consolidate and develop services
- Foster a collaborative and team-oriented environment; provide employee coaching, mentoring and development opportunities
- Provide on-call support outside of normal working hours in the event of severe system outages or support ticket escalations
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, IT or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years of experience within a progressive IT start-up environment
- Working knowledge and experience with Windows, OSX and Linux environments
- Has a of wide range IT and business experience in a software start-up environment
- Enjoys trouble-shooting in collaborative and dynamic environment
- Is not afraid to bring innovative solutions to the table – believe in doing what’s best for the greater good, not just complying with the status quo
- Takes initiative to create efficient and effective solutions to complex problems, with forethought of how this could further positively impact the business landscape elsewhere
- Able to manage unintended consequences
- Able to demonstrate stand-up leadership, initiative and integrity in all facets of their work
- Demonstrated leadership in IT systems management and policies as per ISO and PCI compliance
- Excellent familiarity with Linux server management (Hardening), automation (Scripting) and database software (Oracle, MySQL)
- Good understanding of core web technologies, both client and server side (Apache, WebLogic)
- Expert level knowledge of networking technologies
- Experience managing a co-location provider
- Experience with Oracle/Dell Hardware bare metal setup and virtualization with VMware or Oracle VM
- Experience and knowledge of moving and relocating an IT department is an asset
Since we're an Oracle shop, a strong Oracle knowledge base is very important to us…and when we say strong, we mean ‘sumo wrestler’ strong. Here’s what you need to have:
- Oracle Database Installation and Administration; RAC experience
- Oracle WebLogic Suite Installation and Administration, Oracle Forms; Reports and Discoverer configuration
- Cisco ASA Configuration and RSA Configuration knowledge and experience
- Operating Systems: Oracle Enterprise Linux, CentOS, Windows Server, Windows Desktop, OSX Installation and Administration
- Experience in Configuration Management and Change Control from Development to Testing and Production environments
- Superior ability to troubleshoot, investigate and fix system failures and overall performance issues
Do you think you’ve got what it takes to join an exceptional team and make a difference?
Applicants who believe they have relevant and relatable experience as well the skill set and desire to take on a challenge are encouraged to reply directly to this job posting, referencing the job title in the subject line.
Due to the ever-changing environment of our customers and the Perfit organization, responsibilities may change as a result of the business needs, and are not limited to this job description. Perfit is an equal opportunity employer – and all qualified candidates are invited to apply; however only those resumes selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 7 months ago
Since 1996, Perfit has been designing, developing and supporting customers on the EMDECS software platform, providing complete IT and...