PepsiCo Employee Reviews in Canada

Lots of Opportunity
Accounts Payable and Capital Expenditures (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONOctober 9, 2014
Large corporation with plenty of opportunities for advancement. Major drawback is constant update of systems and testing.
Its a productive work environment with opportunity for growth.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 30, 2014
A typical day at work consist of visiting 8-10 large grocery stores in the Brampton, Mississauga area, stores such as Walmart and Fortino's are visited on a daily basis. I write an order for the store and discuss possible opportunities for growth and added sales with the manager. The management does a good job training, and evaluating opportunities for growth. My co-workers do an excellent job sharing success stories, and other info. that may be helpful in doing the job.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with the unexpected problems that come up day to day in the beverage industry and dealing with the demands of a large chain grocery store. The most enjoyable part of my job is out selling my competitors(Coke).
Friendly and fun workplace, caring about the employees
A/R Data entry and Filing clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 17, 2014
started with receiving the invoices ,contracts and receipts from all over the Canada
sorted, coded and keyed the data entry according to received documents
Filed all the documents according to guidelines

in PepsiCo we had a very friendly atmosphere with a lot of fun time which the company provided for the employees
Pros
some times free lunches or different avtivity for example bowling
Success-driven, challenging, rewarding
Warehouse Resource Co-op (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABSeptember 13, 2014
Had been a great learning experience where I developed leadership skills, problem solving skills, and communication skills. The management is very supportive and the team I worked with had been phenomenal.
Great company to work for
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  CanadaSeptember 10, 2014
Management is demanding but rewards those who succeed. They look to develop and invest in their employees but must be willing to relocate at any time.
Pepsico is a good place to work
Accounts Receivable Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 22, 2014
Working with PepsiCo is the best time I ever had. People are very loving and helpful
Pros
free cbeverages
The day goes by quickly when you have lots to do
Production Supervisor, Operations Division (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 17, 2014
The goals from day to day may be the same but the challenges are always different. You always have to be there to support your team and people are always encouraged to learn more.

On a typical day you're putting out fires such as fixing and figuring out something that causes the operations line to stop.

What I've learned is how to deal with very high level management above and employees below.

My coworkers are either in management or in a union environment. We all have the same goals in the end and I like that.

The hardest part of the job is fixing some of the down times on the machinery that we have.

The most enjoyable part of work is when the lines have been running non stop for a long time.
Pros
free soda, bbqs, same overall goals for everyone
Cons
union environment, machines can breakdown holding up production
Great Co to work for, a lot of opportunity and challenges
PCE Senior Projects Manager (Current Employee) –  HOJuly 25, 2014
learned a lot about snacks, capital planning, strategic planning
created plans and implemented them into actions
Pros
career growth models
Cons
work life balance
Working at Frito Lay
Seasoning Operator (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJuly 14, 2014
Pepsico a nice place to work. Good pay. simple work - make ships. the management is nice. Personally, I had a good experience working there.
Pros
good money, good location
Cons
poor shifts, short relief breaks
Great company to work with
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Kindersley, SKJuly 2, 2014
My job is to go in different stores for merchandising as soon as i enter in the store, i first talk with store manger to make sure everything is fine . I also ask if she or he has any plan for me like sometimes i get new end caps and four ways . After that i start merchandising .Displaying and rotation of the product is the important part of my job.Management is always there to answer my job queriers and customer complaints.Pulling the heavy skids with the normal pallet jack from the back room to product sales floor is the hardest part of my job.No one bossing around me when i work.
Pros
no customer service provided
Cons
less hours
Good Company
Product Availability Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJune 10, 2014
Pepsico is a good company to work for. There are many positions within the company and several departments that comes together to accomplish there daily goals.
Supply Chain - Distribution and Production worker
Distribution and Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, OntarioMarch 30, 2014
Use RF technology and Vocollect headset system on a daily basis to perform any combination of following tasks: receive, store, and distribute material, tools, equipment, and products within the establishment. Also certified with a "Power Pallet Rider" license and able to operate various wrapping and printing machinery.
there good
Packer 1 (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABMarch 26, 2014
every move they make is accurate and they know what they doing
FORKLIFT OPERATOR
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 23, 2014
Pick orders in a fast paced environment by using automated headset system and also hardcopy orders. Build skids precisely as per order instructions. I loaded and unloaded trucks by using a forklift and pallet jack.
Productive Fun Workplace
Customer Finance Rep./Credit Analyst (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONMarch 6, 2014
Great place to work. People are excellent! PepsiCo offers flex hours and 3 weeks vacation to start with the option to purchase a fourth week.
Pros
flex hours
Cons
outsouring jobs
Could be better.
General Laborer (Summer Employee) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 26, 2014
Long 8-10 hour days, rotational shift work. Strict rules must be followed, which is understandable in the food industry. Depends on where you are working. Conditions could be better, pay could be better. Requires endurance and physical strength.
Pros
full time
Cons
long hours, low pay.
Enjoyable workplace
Merchandiser/Pre-seller (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBFebruary 25, 2014
Good workout with great co-workers. I enjoyed every day of work.
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ONFebruary 21, 2014
I enjoyed working at PepsiCo very much. I met a lot of great people. We had a secret santa every year as I was in charge of diversity and inclusion. We always got amazing gifts from everyone that participated. In dec. 2013 we thought it would be a lot of fun to have some party games. We played twister which was absolutely hilarious, people were toppling down on others, it was a grand time, we even played pin the red dot on the bears nose, we blind folded everyone. All the games were enjoyed by all. We also dressed up for Halloween at work for morale, that was a hoot, no pun intended. Its always busy at work and it is non stop all day long. We rode the BIG bike a few years ago to raise money for the heart and stroke foundation, that was a ton of fun until torrential rain starting pouring down on us. Anyways I enjoyed PepsiCo as a whole and enjoyed everything that I did there. There were a few people that left the company and I missed them very much. Thank you for your time and also for reading my story, Have a wonderful day and I hope to hear from you real soon.
Pros
awesome benefits and great people
Masterfile Analyst (Current Employee) –  mississauga, onFebruary 19, 2014
Worked there for 7 years. It was a pretty decent large company to work for.
Difficult Culture
Director Customer Finance (Current Employee) –  MISSISSAUGA, ONTARIOFebruary 14, 2014
Very challenging work environment. Not welcoming for new employees. Finance inidividuals are not seen as partners just data pull resources.