PepsiCo Employee Reviews

productive, exciting, upbeat
Warehouse order picker & team trainer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 August 2013
punch in, grab random headset and battery, pick cases and build pallet orders all day. Management was fantastic very supportive and motivational, co-workers were amazing they knew when to have fun and when to work hard, hardest part of the job was probably the long hours, very persistent days of 12 hour shifts. the most enjoyable part of the job is being around the people that make your job more easy.
Pros
lots of breaks
very cross trained
fork truck driver (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON26 September 2012
During my career at PepsiCo I performed most of the jobs that were hourly work. When I started it was Quaker Oats and was a great place to work. However after the acquisition by Pepsi many things changed in the way things were done at all levels and it was much less favourable from an employee point of view. Pepsi decided to close the plant in 2009 and trying to acquire another suitable job has been difficult. The people I worked with were always terrific and quick to help. The most enjoyable thing for me was the stability of knowing a solid job was there for me every day.
Pros
really good collective agreement
Cons
2009 plant closure
Good pay lots of drugs management looks other way
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton alberta30 January 2014
I worked there for 6 years the pay is great management is terrible the workers run the place. You tell them about I people doing drugs at work and they do nothing about it . I liked working there but hard to move up never get in days .They have good things for employees like golf and family day but need to worry about safety ALOT more .
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Never get on days management does not do thier job
Its a productive work environment with opportunity for growth.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 September 2014
A typical day at work consist of visiting 8-10 large grocery stores in the Brampton, Mississauga area, stores such as Walmart and Fortino's are visited on a daily basis. I write an order for the store and discuss possible opportunities for growth and added sales with the manager. The management does a good job training, and evaluating opportunities for growth. My co-workers do an excellent job sharing success stories, and other info. that may be helpful in doing the job.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with the unexpected problems that come up day to day in the beverage industry and dealing with the demands of a large chain grocery store. The most enjoyable part of my job is out selling my competitors(Coke).
Held hostage
Rather not say (Current Employee) –  Rather not say18 February 2013
Work begins early and often requires over-time that goes unpaid for certain positions.
They have a policy that pays for courses related to the company, but numerous requests to participate in the program have been ignored.
Some managers can be alienating and won't bother to understand the positions and responsibilities of those who work beneath them.
Co-workers are very pleasant and hard working for the most part.
Most difficult part of the job is to continue to stay motivated when you aren't compensated adequately and prevented from bettering yourself and the company.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the wide range of friendly people that you get to know through work.
Pros
family events, staff appreciation day
Cons
long hours, poorly managed departments
great place to work
industrial electrician (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB7 December 2015
loved going to work enjoy the team i worked with, the work place was great from the top down and they looked after their workers
Pros
great place
Great place to work with great comunicatoin, & family always inclueded
Sale Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON7 January 2013
Worked fom home, early start route was planed loved my customers.
serviced large & small.account.With diverse clients.
To let customer talk, so you here what their needs where.
My manager was great, let me do my thing, worked from home my
sales numbers top 3. always asked if i needed any thing.
Co-workers always in each other corner, and if needed help just asked. Even while being competative with each others route.
Driving conditions large area, finding enough time to spend with customer.
The most enjoyable part was the victories over the competator. All the great people i met will i worked for pepsi.
Pros
plant barbeques for period resaults. insentive for selling proritys attenting goals.
Cons
long hours. being so far from plant.
Great Place to work for
SALES/MARKETING TERRITORY REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  North of London Territory2 December 2014
One of the best companies I've been a part of in my entire life. There is just no room for advancement. I want to work for a company where I can grow. With Pepsi I just feel that if I stayed with them I would be an Territory Rep for the rest of my life. I want to move up within a company.
Pros
Great lifestyle, Fortune 500 company
Cons
No room for advancement
Supply Chain - Distribution and Production worker
Distribution and Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario30 March 2014
Use RF technology and Vocollect headset system on a daily basis to perform any combination of following tasks: receive, store, and distribute material, tools, equipment, and products within the establishment. Also certified with a "Power Pallet Rider" license and able to operate various wrapping and printing machinery.
Good place to work but a lot of politics lately
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON22 June 2015
great place with good people but a lot of org change lately and lowered morale. They hire for personality and culture and abilitly. all my coworkers and direct manager are great. upper level management is changing. very flexible days
Quick paced - fast shifts
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  hamilton15 September 2015
Shifts fly by, the work keeps you strong and motivated.
The endless nights however do not mix well with family.
A lot of pizza and bbq dinners makes employees felt appreciated.
Pros
get paid to work out
Cons
endless nights
Fast pace working environment
Forklift Operator/Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 August 2012
Working at Pepsi, has been a tremendous experience learning to work in a fast pace environment, where you are required to reach certain numerical goals has taught me a lot and allowed me to develop many transferable skills. Management team is great allowing you to work freely as long as your responsible and you are making the quota.
Pros
overtime
Cons
very productive and great place to work
Accounts Receivable Clerk, Driver check in (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 September 2013
I loved my job and would still be their if my job had not been moved to toronto, I was give the chance to move but just had a baby at that time and didn not want to move to toronto. I loved it! great professional people and an over all team place. I also was the head of the social club that was awesome! loved it
Pros
great people
Cons
company cuts
Amazing Job
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 March 2015
I Loved working for Pepsi in Calgary.
By far the best job that i have ever had!. It was a lot of work, Always running and giving it 110%. It kept me in shape, i felt great when i was there and everyone was really close. The other drivers were my friends, and the management and help that they offered was absolutely amazing.
Best Job Ever..
Pros
Cons
None.
The company is very result driven, so work / life balance is low.
FINANCIAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON9 July 2013
The work day at PepsiCo can be stressful, but I did learn a lot in a short period of time. The learning curve for any position is expected to be less than 6 months, so try to be impressive in the first few months. The hardest part of the job is the constant changes, such as people, business structures, and etc. in the organization.
People are great, but little room for advancement
Credit Associate - Major Accounts (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON18 November 2014
All of the people, managers included, are great to work with however with the recent partnership with IBM, there leaves little room for advancement.
I enjoy my job and the challenges however can not grow with the company since I am "needed" in my current position.
Pros
People
Cons
Advancement Opportunities
fun place to work
Quality (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON15 October 2013
very busy, signing documents, directing floor people, audits, analyzing data, updating Quality manuals, HACCP manuals, trace-ability plans, etc.
hardest part of job - dealing with union employees when they told me that It wasn't there job.
Enjoyed the people and the close knit family feel and theh willingness to get things done
Pros
great learning environment
Cons
union
Would be happy to discuss in detail in person.
Manager, Instant Quaker Oatmeal, Labour Relations (Former Employee) –  Peterborough27 August 2012
Quaker Oats
- 34 years within supple chain in many roles. Great group of people that drive results and balance with work/home life.

Restructured in 2012 - Would be happy to discuss in detail in person.
Pros
people
Cons
different value's coming in now and not working. its a food plant, not a chip plant.
The day goes by quickly when you have lots to do
Production Supervisor, Operations Division (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 August 2014
The goals from day to day may be the same but the challenges are always different. You always have to be there to support your team and people are always encouraged to learn more.

On a typical day you're putting out fires such as fixing and figuring out something that causes the operations line to stop.

What I've learned is how to deal with very high level management above and employees below.

My coworkers are either in management or in a union environment. We all have the same goals in the end and I like that.

The hardest part of the job is fixing some of the down times on the machinery that we have.

The most enjoyable part of work is when the lines have been running non stop for a long time.
Pros
Free soda, BBQs, same overall goals for everyone
Cons
Union environment, machines can breakdown holding up production
Good people to work with, flex Fridays and employees appreciation week.
Credit & Collection Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga,Ont.30 June 2015
A typical day at work would be to do credit reviews and collection calls on delinquent accounts, analyzing new accounts for credit approvals, generating reports for upper management and solving any urgent issues.
What I have learned was how to manage and work closely with high caliber of individuals within the department and communicate openly with inside and outside partners.
I supported management in daily task, updated them on any issues or changes and kept open communications.
Working with co-workers hand in hand as one team, help each other and seek advice when necessary.
The most hardest part of the job was loosing a co-worker or an employee within the department for whatever reason being promotion or restructuring.
The most enjoyable part of the job was period end results for the hard work everyone did during the month.
Pros
Quarterly peoples award for Finance team including free lunch.