PepsiCo Employee Reviews in Canada

productive and enjoyable due to overtime allowance being extended
Data Processing Operator (Former Employee) –  Union, ONFebruary 9, 2014
productive with overtime allowance
computer knowledge
filing
to work honestly with co-workers
to work overtime with pay
joining fun and games in the company
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hours/overtime
Could be better.
General Laborer (Summer Employee) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 26, 2014
Long 8-10 hour days, rotational shift work. Strict rules must be followed, which is understandable in the food industry. Depends on where you are working. Conditions could be better, pay could be better. Requires endurance and physical strength.
Pros
full time
Cons
long hours, low pay.
Great Place to work for
SALES/MARKETING TERRITORY REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  North of London TerritoryDecember 2, 2014
One of the best companies I've been a part of in my entire life. There is just no room for advancement. I want to work for a company where I can grow. With Pepsi I just feel that if I stayed with them I would be an Territory Rep for the rest of my life. I want to move up within a company.
Pros
great lifestyle, fortune 500 company
Cons
no room for advancement
very cross trained
fork truck driver (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ONSeptember 26, 2012
During my career at PepsiCo I performed most of the jobs that were hourly work. When I started it was Quaker Oats and was a great place to work. However after the acquisition by Pepsi many things changed in the way things were done at all levels and it was much less favourable from an employee point of view. Pepsi decided to close the plant in 2009 and trying to acquire another suitable job has been difficult. The people I worked with were always terrific and quick to help. The most enjoyable thing for me was the stability of knowing a solid job was there for me every day.
Pros
really good collective agreement
Cons
2009 plant closure
Amazing Job
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 2, 2015
I Loved working for Pepsi in Calgary.
By far the best job that i have ever had!. It was a lot of work, Always running and giving it 110%. It kept me in shape, i felt great when i was there and everyone was really close. The other drivers were my friends, and the management and help that they offered was absolutely amazing.
Best Job Ever..
Pros
everything
Cons
none.
Great company to work with
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Kindersley, SKJuly 2, 2014
My job is to go in different stores for merchandising as soon as i enter in the store, i first talk with store manger to make sure everything is fine . I also ask if she or he has any plan for me like sometimes i get new end caps and four ways . After that i start merchandising .Displaying and rotation of the product is the important part of my job.Management is always there to answer my job queriers and customer complaints.Pulling the heavy skids with the normal pallet jack from the back room to product sales floor is the hardest part of my job.No one bossing around me when i work.
Pros
no customer service provided
Cons
less hours
People are great, but little room for advancement
Credit Associate - Major Accounts (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONNovember 18, 2014
All of the people, managers included, are great to work with however with the recent partnership with IBM, there leaves little room for advancement.
I enjoy my job and the challenges however can not grow with the company since I am "needed" in my current position.
Pros
people
Cons
advancement opportunities
Great Co to work for, a lot of opportunity and challenges
PCE Senior Projects Manager (Current Employee) –  HOJuly 25, 2014
learned a lot about snacks, capital planning, strategic planning
created plans and implemented them into actions
Pros
career growth models
Cons
work life balance
Great place to work.
Account Merchandiser/Relief Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Great place to work, although advancement is poor and hours are not guaranteed. Good experience gained through covering sales reps.
Pros
good hours
Cons
no advancement
Save work place
Associate Admin Assistant, MEM (Former Employee) –  MississaugaJuly 29, 2013
• management is so friendly and supportive
• Co-workers cooperative
• the hardest part of the job is meeting dead line
• the most enjoyable part of the job is celebrate successes
Pros
a lot of fun during work
Cons
Typical large corporation struggling with where to get margins back due to deep discounting of product.
LASR Driver (contract) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Same routine day in day out.
Management hesitant to address key issues of concern.
Clear divide between workers and management.
productive and fun place to work
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  May, ONJanuary 27, 2014
great place to work - very understanding culture. Strong belief in balancing family and work.. opportunity for advancement... willing to help young and hungry professionals who are willing to move through the company
No two days are the same and finding a way to win is every day's focus
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCDecember 10, 2014
Working in an agency provides a rich collage of new challenges and opportunities every day. Accounts are always different, client needs are varied and it's my job to ensure we deliver on them 100% without compromise.

During my six years with SDI Marketing I have worked with many great clients and accounts from Rogers Communications to Pepsi Co food and beverages to the Canadian Cancer Society and Tim Hortons. This wide range of exposure to client needs and programs has benefited me in many ways from learning different methods of company operations, being very flexible and adaptable with ideas, timelines and expectations, as well as how to quickly learn and absorb new information to best delivery for the clients needs.

Overcoming obstacles and challenges from technical to resources to weather conditions and more has shown me it's all about finding a way to win and deliver with excellence.

I am looking to bring this rich and varied experience to my next role and strive to new levels!
Pros
working on new and different accounts
Cons
working on new and different account
Great company!
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaSeptember 17, 2012
My overall experience working for PepsiCo was rewarding. The role I worked in provided me with a wonderful platform to learn and perfect skills in sales, marketing, promotions, customer relationship management, business development, and leadership.
Engaging and open place to work
SSM Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Head Office Mississauga, ONOctober 28, 2014
6am-3pm and then at home for another 2+ hours
That cross functional approach definelty affects the outcome and success of any project, tempering that at times the lone ranger can appear to accomplish more.but without bringing everyone with you may not always succeed in the long run.
Co-workers were enjoyable and supportive
Learning to reign in my horses and not letting the lone ranger in me take over
Finding gaps in process and creating solutions to fill them.
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
heavy workloads
A Very Physical job with heavy lifting, and outdoor conditions
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 23, 2012
Arrive at work at 5:15 am. Grab computer & paperwork. Circle check the truck, then drive the truck through verification building & head to first call on the daily route. Go over customers order & payment before delivering product via a hand cart, from the single axel A-Z vehicle. Complete order, print bill, and proceed to next customer as per the manifest. We generally work alone which is well siuted to me. The job can involve taking large orders down or up stairs, in various conditions.

A general good feeling of satisfaction is given when a day is completed.
Pros
working alone, hourly wage
Cons
work conditions with high volume, heavy wieght 80-250 lbs per cart load.
A positive work environment with opportunity for advancement
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 27, 2015
its a busy job - heavy lifting and long days. Great management that always tells you where you stand. Work independently with most co-worker contact via email and cell.
Good pay lots of drugs management looks other way
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton albertaJanuary 30, 2014
I worked there for 6 years the pay is great management is terrible the workers run the place. You tell them about I people doing drugs at work and they do nothing about it . I liked working there but hard to move up never get in days .They have good things for employees like golf and family day but need to worry about safety ALOT more .
Pros
good pay
Cons
never get on days management does not do thier job
Great place to work.
Account Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 6, 2015
Great place to work, management really listens to your needs. Hardest part is all the driving and wear and tear on your car. I enjoy meeting different people.
Very interesting job
General Labourer,Truck Driver,Merch (Current Employee) –  Essex, ONApril 30, 2015
A day at pepsi is never the same,always interesting in one way or another and you interact with so many different people.