PepsiCo Employee Reviews in Canada

The team we had all was co-operative, insightful and, appreciative for job offerings of the rest of the team
Maintenance Mechanic / Production worker (Former Employee) –  Berry St. and Ellice St. WPG MBJune 4, 2013
-consistently engaged in preventative and predicative maintenance
-occaisionallyengaging in machinery components replacement / repairs
-adhering to scheduled readying procedures of machinery as needed / directed
Pros
the pay was very much better compared to other jobs i've had
Cons
the job was only a term position - this meant i couldn't really get ahead in life
Excellent Opportunities to Learn
Associate Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJune 7, 2013
PepsiCo has ongoing programs for marketing training. Each year they invest in a two day offsite to train marketers on a particular facet of marketing and work within teams on case studies of real companies!

Each year in early January for the past 10+ years they have a PepsiCo Marketing Conference that is so inspiring. It rejuvenates the marketers and allows connectivity between brand ambassadors across beverages and foods to meet and exchange ideas.
Good company to work for with lots of work in the summer.
Pepsi Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 26, 2012
This job is great if you are focused and can work alone but in team if it comes up. Organisation is important and self motivation as well. If you are looking for a fast paced job but most of your experience is in retail, stocking shelves then this is a good step up. If you prove yourself they are willing to help you move up in the company to higher positions. The pay is good, just be prepared to work weekends and travel around to the different stores in your own vehicle.
Pros
work is done when you are done you work.
Cons
lots of driving with personal vehicle.
Fun place to work
Settlement Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONSeptember 7, 2012
• Data Entry/Keypunching
• Reconciliation of truck route (Load out, Load in, Invoice entry and Balance)
• Perform daily downloads, uploads and settlement roll procedures for all Ontario branches
• Generate late generation routes for Delivery Dept
• Provide support to Cashier and Answer drivers hotline when required
• Process manual invoices for rush deliveries
• Set up drivers handheld computers for next day deliveries
• Notify customers when delaying deliveries occur
• Provide support to Sales Personnel and when needed in Mailroom
A Very Physical job with heavy lifting, and outdoor conditions
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONOctober 23, 2012
Arrive at work at 5:15 am. Grab computer & paperwork. Circle check the truck, then drive the truck through verification building & head to first call on the daily route. Go over customers order & payment before delivering product via a hand cart, from the single axel A-Z vehicle. Complete order, print bill, and proceed to next customer as per the manifest. We generally work alone which is well siuted to me. The job can involve taking large orders down or up stairs, in various conditions.

A general good feeling of satisfaction is given when a day is completed.
Pros
working alone, hourly wage
Cons
work conditions with high volume, heavy wieght 80-250 lbs per cart load.
very cross trained
fork truck driver (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ONSeptember 26, 2012
During my career at PepsiCo I performed most of the jobs that were hourly work. When I started it was Quaker Oats and was a great place to work. However after the acquisition by Pepsi many things changed in the way things were done at all levels and it was much less favourable from an employee point of view. Pepsi decided to close the plant in 2009 and trying to acquire another suitable job has been difficult. The people I worked with were always terrific and quick to help. The most enjoyable thing for me was the stability of knowing a solid job was there for me every day.
Pros
really good collective agreement
Cons
2009 plant closure
The day goes by quickly when you have lots to do
Production Supervisor, Operations Division (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABAugust 17, 2014
The goals from day to day may be the same but the challenges are always different. You always have to be there to support your team and people are always encouraged to learn more.

On a typical day you're putting out fires such as fixing and figuring out something that causes the operations line to stop.

What I've learned is how to deal with very high level management above and employees below.

My coworkers are either in management or in a union environment. We all have the same goals in the end and I like that.

The hardest part of the job is fixing some of the down times on the machinery that we have.

The most enjoyable part of work is when the lines have been running non stop for a long time.
Pros
free soda, bbqs, same overall goals for everyone
Cons
union environment, machines can breakdown holding up production
Held hostage
Rather not say (Current Employee) –  Rather not sayFebruary 18, 2013
Work begins early and often requires over-time that goes unpaid for certain positions.
They have a policy that pays for courses related to the company, but numerous requests to participate in the program have been ignored.
Some managers can be alienating and won't bother to understand the positions and responsibilities of those who work beneath them.
Co-workers are very pleasant and hard working for the most part.
Most difficult part of the job is to continue to stay motivated when you aren't compensated adequately and prevented from bettering yourself and the company.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the wide range of friendly people that you get to know through work.
Pros
family events, staff appreciation day
Cons
long hours, poorly managed departments
Supply Chain - Distribution and Production worker
Distribution and Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, OntarioMarch 30, 2014
Use RF technology and Vocollect headset system on a daily basis to perform any combination of following tasks: receive, store, and distribute material, tools, equipment, and products within the establishment. Also certified with a "Power Pallet Rider" license and able to operate various wrapping and printing machinery.
Great place to work with great comunicatoin, & family always inclueded
Sale Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ONJanuary 7, 2013
Worked fom home, early start route was planed loved my customers.
serviced large & small.account.With diverse clients.
To let customer talk, so you here what their needs where.
My manager was great, let me do my thing, worked from home my
sales numbers top 3. always asked if i needed any thing.
Co-workers always in each other corner, and if needed help just asked. Even while being competative with each others route.
Driving conditions large area, finding enough time to spend with customer.
The most enjoyable part was the victories over the competator. All the great people i met will i worked for pepsi.
Pros
plant barbeques for period resaults. insentive for selling proritys attenting goals.
Cons
long hours. being so far from plant.
A positive work environment with opportunity for advancement
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 27, 2015
its a busy job - heavy lifting and long days. Great management that always tells you where you stand. Work independently with most co-worker contact via email and cell.
very productive and great place to work
Accounts Receivable Clerk, Driver check in (Former Employee) –  London, ONSeptember 4, 2013
I loved my job and would still be their if my job had not been moved to toronto, I was give the chance to move but just had a baby at that time and didn not want to move to toronto. I loved it! great professional people and an over all team place. I also was the head of the social club that was awesome! loved it
Pros
great people
Cons
company cuts
Fast pace working environment
Forklift Operator/Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 10, 2012
Working at Pepsi, has been a tremendous experience learning to work in a fast pace environment, where you are required to reach certain numerical goals has taught me a lot and allowed me to develop many transferable skills. Management team is great allowing you to work freely as long as your responsible and you are making the quota.
Pros
overtime
Cons
The company is very result driven, so work / life balance is low.
FINANCIAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJuly 9, 2013
The work day at PepsiCo can be stressful, but I did learn a lot in a short period of time. The learning curve for any position is expected to be less than 6 months, so try to be impressive in the first few months. The hardest part of the job is the constant changes, such as people, business structures, and etc. in the organization.
fun place to work
Quality (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ONOctober 15, 2013
very busy, signing documents, directing floor people, audits, analyzing data, updating Quality manuals, HACCP manuals, trace-ability plans, etc.
hardest part of job - dealing with union employees when they told me that It wasn't there job.
Enjoyed the people and the close knit family feel and theh willingness to get things done
Pros
great learning environment
Cons
union
Would be happy to discuss in detail in person.
Manager, Instant Quaker Oatmeal, Labour Relations (Former Employee) –  PeterboroughAugust 27, 2012
Quaker Oats
- 34 years within supple chain in many roles. Great group of people that drive results and balance with work/home life.

Restructured in 2012 - Would be happy to discuss in detail in person.
Pros
people
Cons
different value's coming in now and not working. its a food plant, not a chip plant.
27 years at the whig
wearhouse work at pepsi (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ONDecember 9, 2012
typical day at the whig is great because everyone on our shift gets along we can all communicate and we all help eachother out . Everyone has theyre own strenths and weaknesses so you know who to ask to do certain tasks. working at the whig has taught be how to work hard count fast and dont get envolved with any gossip. During the 27 years at the whig Iv had some great co workers some crazy coworkers and some very mean and toxic co workers. The best group has been the group Im with now. Its like a family. The hardest part of my job is wednesday night . We have 5 different papers to put out that night . At x-mas time the bundles of paper are huge and heavy. Thats when I love it best I love the challenge . The bigger and heavier the more interest I have in going and going ............
Pros
good health care plan
Cons
i knew the paper would shut down someday. it was stressful worrying about that year after year
High Energy, Lots of Great People
DISTRIBUTION AND MERCHANDISING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  LondonJuly 22, 2012
Having worked through many areas of the company I can truthfully say it was an amazing experience to learn the operation from the ground up. Advancement opportunities are readily available to employees who want to be successful and put the effort in to their job.

Fast paced and innovative it was very difficult to grow bored. A culture that is very passionate about results and driving growth in a competitive market, Pepsi was a great place to learn and develop, Really a sales culture that thrives on healthy competition in and out of the office in a very ethical and responsible manner. Work/Home life balance is what you make of it in any job, but Pepsi can definitely be a challenging environment in that aspect if you let it. The culture while exciting and friendly, can be exhausting and overwhelming if you let it.

Great place to work!
job no longer there
Cash Applications Analyst (Former Employee) –  mississaugaMarch 1, 2015
Things I learnt were:
to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
effectively collaborate with cross function teams
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2015
was my starter job, loved the job and learn a lot
ppl were great , family orientated
felt like being with family not co workers