PepsiCo Employee Reviews

Held hostage
Rather not say (Current Employee) –  Rather not say18 February 2013
Work begins early and often requires over-time that goes unpaid for certain positions.
They have a policy that pays for courses related to the company, but numerous requests to participate in the program have been ignored.
Some managers can be alienating and won't bother to understand the positions and responsibilities of those who work beneath them.
Co-workers are very pleasant and hard working for the most part.
Most difficult part of the job is to continue to stay motivated when you aren't compensated adequately and prevented from bettering yourself and the company.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the wide range of friendly people that you get to know through work.
Pros
family events, staff appreciation day
Cons
long hours, poorly managed departments
Great pay, great co workers
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON27 September 2016
I loved working here. I was on a contact and they didn't need me at the end (end of summer/busy season). Pay is phenomenal for the amount of work you do. If you do Route Sales you're making at least 50 grand a year. Drivers make a flat rate of 200/day, my typical day as a driver - I started at 3AM to load my truck, normally finished around 11AM. Some days were 10 hours (which they base your pay on. 4 days a week working, 10/hours a day flat rate). I had maybe 3 11/12 hour days because of long wait times for other trucks to deliver and get out of the bay. I had about 5 days where I was done my delivers and back in shop heading back home and I only worked a total of 5-6 hours (still getting that full days pay feels great!).

As a Route Sales Rep you load your truck, drive to your stores, drop off the chips and merchandise them on to the shelves. Place your order, and go to the next store. You get a flat 8.5% commission on the product you deliver to the store. Typically I was taking home about 850/week on average. Working 8-11 hours a day, 5 days a week. When busy season really started, I got moved to delivery driver. If I was able to stay on as Route Sales Rep during the summer I would have been pulling in about 1400/week after taxes. Some Route Sales Rep guys make 75k a year... to deliver and merchandise chips... not bad. Some days you have to haul but, it's not heavy work, but you have to move fast if you don't want your day to be 14 hours long.

Co workers are awesome, friendly, helpful. You really only see them in the warehouse when you're loading your
  more... truck or at the end of your shift. Management are mostly bright, friendly and helpful. Most of them have been through the ropes so they know what you're dealing with and can empathize.

Hardest part of the job: I'd have to say dealing with your hand held and printer... it can be frustrating when you have to reboot your handheld and waste 15 minutes of your time. As a delivery driver, you have to download your trip - and that normally only takes 25 minutes, so you do that while your loading your truck - no time wasted. But when there's an issue and it takes 2-3 hours to download and you're sitting there for 2 hours or longer waiting for it to finish, and you're not making any more money for your longer day... well... it's frustrating. You don't know if it will finish in 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 3 hours... so you just wait there for it... you don't even want to leave to grab a coffee because 10 seconds after you leave it could finish.

Perks: Pay is great! Easiest money I ever made. I've had jobs working 10 times more physical and made 1/2 as much. I've had jobs in IT using my brain 5X as much and made just a little less than working here. If you get on full time - you have a company pension, flex benefits and RRSP matching.
Pros
Full time get company pension, flex benefits and RRSP matching. Co Coworkers and management are great. Pay is great.
Cons
The occassional long day. Occassional computer programs are frustrating.
Great place to work with great comunicatoin, & family always inclueded
Sale Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON7 January 2013
Worked fom home, early start route was planed loved my customers.
serviced large & small.account.With diverse clients.
To let customer talk, so you here what their needs where.
My manager was great, let me do my thing, worked from home my
sales numbers top 3. always asked if i needed any thing.
Co-workers always in each other corner, and if needed help just asked. Even while being competative with each others route.
Driving conditions large area, finding enough time to spend with customer.
The most enjoyable part was the victories over the competator. All the great people i met will i worked for pepsi.
Pros
plant barbeques for period resaults. insentive for selling proritys attenting goals.
Cons
long hours. being so far from plant.
Challenging and wonderful oppurtunity
Production Worker/ Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 April 2015
A very challenging and fun moment in this company. Seeing and fulfill duties make my day worth working in this company. Teamwork is very important for this job. My co-workers are very cooperative.
Pros
Discounted Drinks
Cons
People are great, but little room for advancement
Credit Associate - Major Accounts (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON18 November 2014
All of the people, managers included, are great to work with however with the recent partnership with IBM, there leaves little room for advancement.
I enjoy my job and the challenges however can not grow with the company since I am "needed" in my current position.
Pros
People
Cons
Advancement Opportunities
Supply Chain - Distribution and Production worker
Distribution and Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario30 March 2014
Use RF technology and Vocollect headset system on a daily basis to perform any combination of following tasks: receive, store, and distribute material, tools, equipment, and products within the establishment. Also certified with a "Power Pallet Rider" license and able to operate various wrapping and printing machinery.
Great/Fun place to work
Senior Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  May, ON18 September 2015
PepsiCo was very innovative and had a clear sense of direction. The culture of the company was very young and open minded.
Hard working
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver28 September 2015
A typical day included checking inventories, checking historical sales levels and deciding how much product to order.
Fast pace working environment
Forklift Operator/Order Picker (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 August 2012
Working at Pepsi, has been a tremendous experience learning to work in a fast pace environment, where you are required to reach certain numerical goals has taught me a lot and allowed me to develop many transferable skills. Management team is great allowing you to work freely as long as your responsible and you are making the quota.
Pros
overtime
Cons
very productive and great place to work
Accounts Receivable Clerk, Driver check in (Former Employee) –  London, ON4 September 2013
I loved my job and would still be their if my job had not been moved to toronto, I was give the chance to move but just had a baby at that time and didn not want to move to toronto. I loved it! great professional people and an over all team place. I also was the head of the social club that was awesome! loved it
Pros
great people
Cons
company cuts
The company is very result driven, so work / life balance is low.
FINANCIAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON9 July 2013
The work day at PepsiCo can be stressful, but I did learn a lot in a short period of time. The learning curve for any position is expected to be less than 6 months, so try to be impressive in the first few months. The hardest part of the job is the constant changes, such as people, business structures, and etc. in the organization.
Great place to learn
Resource (Current Employee) –  Toronto16 September 2015
A great place to work that offers lots of development opportunities. Fast paced manufacturing environment with a lot of great people.
Driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Hamilton15 August 2015
Lack of communication between management and employees.
The drive to Hamilton everyday got to me after a while. Especially having to come back to Niagara to deliver product.
fun place to work
Quality (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON15 October 2013
very busy, signing documents, directing floor people, audits, analyzing data, updating Quality manuals, HACCP manuals, trace-ability plans, etc.
hardest part of job - dealing with union employees when they told me that It wasn't there job.
Enjoyed the people and the close knit family feel and theh willingness to get things done
Pros
great learning environment
Cons
union
The day goes by quickly when you have lots to do
Production Supervisor, Operations Division (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 August 2014
The goals from day to day may be the same but the challenges are always different. You always have to be there to support your team and people are always encouraged to learn more.

On a typical day you're putting out fires such as fixing and figuring out something that causes the operations line to stop.

What I've learned is how to deal with very high level management above and employees below.

My coworkers are either in management or in a union environment. We all have the same goals in the end and I like that.

The hardest part of the job is fixing some of the down times on the machinery that we have.

The most enjoyable part of work is when the lines have been running non stop for a long time.
Pros
Free soda, BBQs, same overall goals for everyone
Cons
Union environment, machines can breakdown holding up production
Would be happy to discuss in detail in person.
Manager, Instant Quaker Oatmeal, Labour Relations (Former Employee) –  Peterborough27 August 2012
Quaker Oats
- 34 years within supple chain in many roles. Great group of people that drive results and balance with work/home life.

Restructured in 2012 - Would be happy to discuss in detail in person.
Pros
people
Cons
different value's coming in now and not working. its a food plant, not a chip plant.
A Successful Company
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 September 2015
PepsiCo is very good at maintaining the bottom line. They are very business focused and successful in meeting consumers needs.
27 years at the whig
wearhouse work at pepsi (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON9 December 2012
typical day at the whig is great because everyone on our shift gets along we can all communicate and we all help eachother out . Everyone has theyre own strenths and weaknesses so you know who to ask to do certain tasks. working at the whig has taught be how to work hard count fast and dont get envolved with any gossip. During the 27 years at the whig Iv had some great co workers some crazy coworkers and some very mean and toxic co workers. The best group has been the group Im with now. Its like a family. The hardest part of my job is wednesday night . We have 5 different papers to put out that night . At x-mas time the bundles of paper are huge and heavy. Thats when I love it best I love the challenge . The bigger and heavier the more interest I have in going and going ............
Pros
good health care plan
Cons
i knew the paper would shut down someday. it was stressful worrying about that year after year
High Energy, Lots of Great People
DISTRIBUTION AND MERCHANDISING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  London22 July 2012
Having worked through many areas of the company I can truthfully say it was an amazing experience to learn the operation from the ground up. Advancement opportunities are readily available to employees who want to be successful and put the effort in to their job.

Fast paced and innovative it was very difficult to grow bored. A culture that is very passionate about results and driving growth in a competitive market, Pepsi was a great place to learn and develop, Really a sales culture that thrives on healthy competition in and out of the office in a very ethical and responsible manner. Work/Home life balance is what you make of it in any job, but Pepsi can definitely be a challenging environment in that aspect if you let it. The culture while exciting and friendly, can be exhausting and overwhelming if you let it.

Great place to work!
Productive very fun
warehouse supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga11 August 2015
Very great place to work very professional environment all of the people whom I worked with were very professional and entertaining