PepsiCo Employee Reviews

productive and enjoyable due to overtime allowance being extended
Data Processing Operator (Former Employee) –  Union, ONFebruary 9, 2014
productive with overtime allowance
computer knowledge
filing
to work honestly with co-workers
to work overtime with pay
joining fun and games in the company
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hours/overtime
Could be better.
General Laborer (Summer Employee) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBFebruary 26, 2014
Long 8-10 hour days, rotational shift work. Strict rules must be followed, which is understandable in the food industry. Depends on where you are working. Conditions could be better, pay could be better. Requires endurance and physical strength.
Pros
full time
Cons
long hours, low pay.
Hard working
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  VancouverSeptember 28, 2015
A typical day included checking inventories, checking historical sales levels and deciding how much product to order.
Challenging and wonderful oppurtunity
Production Worker/ Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 24, 2015
A very challenging and fun moment in this company. Seeing and fulfill duties make my day worth working in this company. Teamwork is very important for this job. My co-workers are very cooperative.
Pros
Discounted Drinks
Cons
Great People and place to work
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKFebruary 17, 2015
Your co workers are awesome and the job was good as well. Management team was full of respectable leaders that conducted themselves professionally at all times. Fair pay but lots of travel. I was a Pre Seller (Sales Rep) in the Saskatchewan area. Customers are the the only "cons" in this job, they can make the job difficult if you are not used to handling this type of thing. Over all I liked working at Pepsico, I left to peruse other avenues.
Pros
perks
Cons
customers
Work environment
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 2, 2015
The work environment is not the greatest to work in, there seems to be a constant cloud of pop mist which makes it hard to breath at times. The management expects you to be available to produce 100% all of the time, no mistakes. There are some good point however , low turn over rate, great pension, experienced trades men to work with.
Pros
Lots of corporate functions.
Cons
low pay for what you do.
very cross trained
fork truck driver (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ONSeptember 26, 2012
During my career at PepsiCo I performed most of the jobs that were hourly work. When I started it was Quaker Oats and was a great place to work. However after the acquisition by Pepsi many things changed in the way things were done at all levels and it was much less favourable from an employee point of view. Pepsi decided to close the plant in 2009 and trying to acquire another suitable job has been difficult. The people I worked with were always terrific and quick to help. The most enjoyable thing for me was the stability of knowing a solid job was there for me every day.
Pros
really good collective agreement
Cons
2009 plant closure
Great place to learn
Resource (Current Employee) –  TorontoSeptember 16, 2015
A great place to work that offers lots of development opportunities. Fast paced manufacturing environment with a lot of great people.
Great money, great people, bad hours.
Sales Route Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 18, 2015
Typical work day starts at 5am.

Before I left for my route I would do a pre-trip inspection. This includes checking all main points on the cube truck to ensure a safe drive for the day, as well as checking to ensure my product was properly and safely secured in the back.

Once on the road I would head to my first stop, bring all assigned product off the truck and check it off with the receiver of that specific store. once everything was checked off and signed I would then proceed to the sales floor and merchandise the product. This includes rotation of stock ie- oldest at the front and newest at the back, set-up/take down of displays, facing all the product to ensure a visually appealing set-up, and finally ordering product for next delivery date.

Once all the stores were done for the day I would then head back to the warehouse, park in my designated spot, and then upload the new purchase orders from my hand held to the main computer for next shipping date. Paperwork was put in order, handed in, and then the day is complete.
DONOT EVER WORK THERE ON CONTRACT!!!!!!!!
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 12, 2015
People will dis you every time they see you.
if you learn quickly or show them that you want to become full-timer they will hate you.
Just show to full timers that this is so hard and tough.
Great company to work with
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Kindersley, SKJuly 2, 2014
My job is to go in different stores for merchandising as soon as i enter in the store, i first talk with store manger to make sure everything is fine . I also ask if she or he has any plan for me like sometimes i get new end caps and four ways . After that i start merchandising .Displaying and rotation of the product is the important part of my job.Management is always there to answer my job queriers and customer complaints.Pulling the heavy skids with the normal pallet jack from the back room to product sales floor is the hardest part of my job.No one bossing around me when i work.
Pros
no customer service provided
Cons
less hours
A Successful Company
Sales Person (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 8, 2015
PepsiCo is very good at maintaining the bottom line. They are very business focused and successful in meeting consumers needs.
Great Place to work for
SALES/MARKETING TERRITORY REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  North of London TerritoryDecember 2, 2014
One of the best companies I've been a part of in my entire life. There is just no room for advancement. I want to work for a company where I can grow. With Pepsi I just feel that if I stayed with them I would be an Territory Rep for the rest of my life. I want to move up within a company.
Pros
great lifestyle, fortune 500 company
Cons
no room for advancement
Great Co to work for, a lot of opportunity and challenges
PCE Senior Projects Manager (Current Employee) –  HOJuly 25, 2014
learned a lot about snacks, capital planning, strategic planning
created plans and implemented them into actions
Pros
career growth models
Cons
work life balance
Productive very fun
warehouse supervisor (Former Employee) –  MississaugaAugust 11, 2015
Very great place to work very professional environment all of the people whom I worked with were very professional and entertaining
Save work place
Associate Admin Assistant, MEM (Former Employee) –  MississaugaJuly 29, 2013
• management is so friendly and supportive
• Co-workers cooperative
• the hardest part of the job is meeting dead line
• the most enjoyable part of the job is celebrate successes
Pros
a lot of fun during work
Cons
People are great, but little room for advancement
Credit Associate - Major Accounts (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONNovember 18, 2014
All of the people, managers included, are great to work with however with the recent partnership with IBM, there leaves little room for advancement.
I enjoy my job and the challenges however can not grow with the company since I am "needed" in my current position.
Pros
people
Cons
advancement opportunities
Amazing Job
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 2, 2015
I Loved working for Pepsi in Calgary.
By far the best job that i have ever had!. It was a lot of work, Always running and giving it 110%. It kept me in shape, i felt great when i was there and everyone was really close. The other drivers were my friends, and the management and help that they offered was absolutely amazing.
Best Job Ever..
Pros
everything
Cons
none.
productive and fun place to work
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  May, ONJanuary 27, 2014
great place to work - very understanding culture. Strong belief in balancing family and work.. opportunity for advancement... willing to help young and hungry professionals who are willing to move through the company
Great company!
Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AlbertaSeptember 17, 2012
My overall experience working for PepsiCo was rewarding. The role I worked in provided me with a wonderful platform to learn and perfect skills in sales, marketing, promotions, customer relationship management, business development, and leadership.