PepsiCo Employee Reviews

accounting clerk
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  SE , Calgary, AB19 June 2015
My typical day at work involved coding and stamping invoices to be paid and also checking on the day to day maintenance of the fleet department and warehouse division. There was many duties to multi-task during the day which I enjoyed to learn more about tasks required from the company. My co-workers were very organized and helpful in every way needed. My management was overall supportive and based my daily activities on priority duties. There was no actual "hardest" part of the job as everyone worked as a team and the most enjoyable part of the job was learning new tasks and the team that I interacted with on a daily basis.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
Great company to work for, fantastic employees to work with.
Support Center Senior Bilingual Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 May 2015
A typical day would be taking calls, replying to emails and instant messages from employees that have both technical and non technical issues.
Every day something new was learned as there are upgrades-new applications or I just learned something new in current applications, networking etc. (when you learn something new it is a good day).
Management always listens and ready to back you on new ideas/suggestions.
All co-workers were absolutely great to work with, always cooperative and ready to help when needed.
There really was no hard part of the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job are the people calling in and resolving their issues and adding value to the calls by trying to show them something new to make there lives easier.
Pros
To many to list.
Cons
Slow days
treat there worker unfairly
former employee (Former Employee) –  florida21 August 2015
It was a good company in the beginning but as management changes they lose track of people and only care about the profits. what I learned in that job was to trust no one. I got put down every chance they could. Even told that I didn't need extra money cause I didn't have a family to support. If they have there favorites then u will be out of the job. Hard working and friendly employees are not appreciated. The only thing nice about the job was the customers.
Pros
good pay
Cons
alot of harassment and bullying
productive, exciting, upbeat
Warehouse order picker & team trainer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 August 2013
punch in, grab random headset and battery, pick cases and build pallet orders all day. Management was fantastic very supportive and motivational, co-workers were amazing they knew when to have fun and when to work hard, hardest part of the job was probably the long hours, very persistent days of 12 hour shifts. the most enjoyable part of the job is being around the people that make your job more easy.
Pros
lots of breaks
Cons
Great place to work with great comunicatoin, & family always inclueded
Sale Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON7 January 2013
Worked fom home, early start route was planed loved my customers.
serviced large & small.account.With diverse clients.
To let customer talk, so you here what their needs where.
My manager was great, let me do my thing, worked from home my
sales numbers top 3. always asked if i needed any thing.
Co-workers always in each other corner, and if needed help just asked. Even while being competative with each others route.
Driving conditions large area, finding enough time to spend with customer.
The most enjoyable part was the victories over the competator. All the great people i met will i worked for pepsi.
Pros
plant barbeques for period resaults. insentive for selling proritys attenting goals.
Cons
long hours. being so far from plant.
27 years at the whig
wearhouse work at pepsi (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON9 December 2012
typical day at the whig is great because everyone on our shift gets along we can all communicate and we all help eachother out . Everyone has theyre own strenths and weaknesses so you know who to ask to do certain tasks. working at the whig has taught be how to work hard count fast and dont get envolved with any gossip. During the 27 years at the whig Iv had some great co workers some crazy coworkers and some very mean and toxic co workers. The best group has been the group Im with now. Its like a family. The hardest part of my job is wednesday night . We have 5 different papers to put out that night . At x-mas time the bundles of paper are huge and heavy. Thats when I love it best I love the challenge . The bigger and heavier the more interest I have in going and going ............
Pros
good health care plan
Cons
i knew the paper would shut down someday. it was stressful worrying about that year after year
Held hostage
Rather not say (Current Employee) –  Rather not say18 February 2013
Work begins early and often requires over-time that goes unpaid for certain positions.
They have a policy that pays for courses related to the company, but numerous requests to participate in the program have been ignored.
Some managers can be alienating and won't bother to understand the positions and responsibilities of those who work beneath them.
Co-workers are very pleasant and hard working for the most part.
Most difficult part of the job is to continue to stay motivated when you aren't compensated adequately and prevented from bettering yourself and the company.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the wide range of friendly people that you get to know through work.
Pros
family events, staff appreciation day
Cons
long hours, poorly managed departments
Physically demanding job with long hours.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB15 April 2015
Although things may be different now, but during my time at Pepsico., I felt like they were almost under-employed when it came to merchandisers. An average day for me would be: I'd have around 7-8 stores maybe even more and usually you spend between 45min - 2 hours per store. So as you can see, having a life away from this job isn't easy at all. Hours are usually 7 am to 5 pm but don't be surprised if you work all the way to 9 pm sometimes.

Even if this job is very time/life consuming, the job pays very well and Pepsico. is a very good company to work for. They have great management with great people working there. If the hours we're better (maybe having two merchandisers working together), then I would come back to Pepsico. in a heartbeat. But for me, the hours were to time consuming for my life schedule/plans and I'd end up being physically and mentally tired very often.

PS: Usually work weekends as well
Pros
Nice breaks between stores (the drive from store to store), good pay and great company/management.
Cons
Very time consuming, 10+ plus hours per day (your lucky if you only work for 10)
Warehouse Employee (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON5 November 2015
The other employees is what makes it a fun but productive place. I have worked here for a long time because of what the company does extra for us and the ability to advance up through the business. Hard work does pay off here.
Pros
consistant shifts
Cons
the way to get fulltime
Tough industry to work in
Customer Service Rep/Merchandiser/Sales (Former Employee) –  Wainwright, AB23 July 2012
Be prepared for really short shifts or really long or last minute hour cuts because it all depends on retails selling product.
Pros
good benefit package
Cons
long hours, no sense of teamwork with management
Growth
Ops Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga20 July 2015
Excellent opportunities to grow with the company both internally and worldwide..
Team building with employees and management to resolve issues.
Pros
Team building
Cons
Long Hours
Could be better.
General Laborer (Summer Employee) (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB26 February 2014
Long 8-10 hour days, rotational shift work. Strict rules must be followed, which is understandable in the food industry. Depends on where you are working. Conditions could be better, pay could be better. Requires endurance and physical strength.
Pros
Full time
Cons
Long hours, low pay.
The day goes by quickly when you have lots to do
Production Supervisor, Operations Division (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 August 2014
The goals from day to day may be the same but the challenges are always different. You always have to be there to support your team and people are always encouraged to learn more.

On a typical day you're putting out fires such as fixing and figuring out something that causes the operations line to stop.

What I've learned is how to deal with very high level management above and employees below.

My coworkers are either in management or in a union environment. We all have the same goals in the end and I like that.

The hardest part of the job is fixing some of the down times on the machinery that we have.

The most enjoyable part of work is when the lines have been running non stop for a long time.
Pros
Free soda, BBQs, same overall goals for everyone
Cons
Union environment, machines can breakdown holding up production
productive and enjoyable due to overtime allowance being extended
Data Processing Operator (Former Employee) –  Union, ON9 February 2014
productive with overtime allowance
computer knowledge
filing
to work honestly with co-workers
to work overtime with pay
joining fun and games in the company
Pros
free lunch
Cons
long hours/overtime
Its a productive work environment with opportunity for growth.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 September 2014
A typical day at work consist of visiting 8-10 large grocery stores in the Brampton, Mississauga area, stores such as Walmart and Fortino's are visited on a daily basis. I write an order for the store and discuss possible opportunities for growth and added sales with the manager. The management does a good job training, and evaluating opportunities for growth. My co-workers do an excellent job sharing success stories, and other info. that may be helpful in doing the job.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with the unexpected problems that come up day to day in the beverage industry and dealing with the demands of a large chain grocery store. The most enjoyable part of my job is out selling my competitors(Coke).
very cross trained
fork truck driver (Former Employee) –  Trenton, ON26 September 2012
During my career at PepsiCo I performed most of the jobs that were hourly work. When I started it was Quaker Oats and was a great place to work. However after the acquisition by Pepsi many things changed in the way things were done at all levels and it was much less favourable from an employee point of view. Pepsi decided to close the plant in 2009 and trying to acquire another suitable job has been difficult. The people I worked with were always terrific and quick to help. The most enjoyable thing for me was the stability of knowing a solid job was there for me every day.
Pros
really good collective agreement
Cons
2009 plant closure
Awesome company to work for
Merchandiser (weekend) (Current Employee) –  Barrie area11 December 2015
The pay is great for such an easy job. The manager is a good person to work with, and is willing to help when needed. I highly recommend working for Pepsico.
Pros
great pay, great manager
Cons
part time
Good place to work but a lot of politics lately
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON22 June 2015
great place with good people but a lot of org change lately and lowered morale. They hire for personality and culture and abilitly. all my coworkers and direct manager are great. upper level management is changing. very flexible days
Great company to work with
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Kindersley, SK2 July 2014
My job is to go in different stores for merchandising as soon as i enter in the store, i first talk with store manger to make sure everything is fine . I also ask if she or he has any plan for me like sometimes i get new end caps and four ways . After that i start merchandising .Displaying and rotation of the product is the important part of my job.Management is always there to answer my job queriers and customer complaints.Pulling the heavy skids with the normal pallet jack from the back room to product sales floor is the hardest part of my job.No one bossing around me when i work.
Pros
No customer service provided
Cons
less hours
great place to work
industrial electrician (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB7 December 2015
loved going to work enjoy the team i worked with, the work place was great from the top down and they looked after their workers
Pros
great place