PepsiCo Employee Reviews

Decent job, but under terrible management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 August 2015
While I was working there I put my best into the job as I do everything in life, but due to management it made the job harder to enjoy, as well as messing with all the employees hours so management could make the management look "good". As for the job its self i loved being in control of my day once it was given, although the days could be stretched out to 13 hours depending on what needed to be done, but as I mentioned above the hour cut backs made that only a 1-2 day occurrence. I've learnt that I definitely need a job where everyone works together instead of a massive chaotic jumble of employees with an incompetent boss.
Pros
Responsibilities, and using my own car with paid milage
Cons
really long hours
Great Experience
Warehouse Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 January 2016
Great Company to work for. Great benefits and focus on safety in the warehouse. Pay was quite decent and good incentive to stay with company.
Pros
Benefits and Pay
Cons
Manual Labour
Warehouse Employee (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON5 November 2015
The other employees is what makes it a fun but productive place. I have worked here for a long time because of what the company does extra for us and the ability to advance up through the business. Hard work does pay off here.
Pros
consistant shifts
Cons
the way to get fulltime
accounting clerk
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  SE , Calgary, AB19 June 2015
My typical day at work involved coding and stamping invoices to be paid and also checking on the day to day maintenance of the fleet department and warehouse division. There was many duties to multi-task during the day which I enjoyed to learn more about tasks required from the company. My co-workers were very organized and helpful in every way needed. My management was overall supportive and based my daily activities on priority duties. There was no actual "hardest" part of the job as everyone worked as a team and the most enjoyable part of the job was learning new tasks and the team that I interacted with on a daily basis.
Pros
flexibility
Great Company with Lots of Opportunity
Bilingual Credit Analyst - Deductions Management (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 August 2015
A typical day involved AR and AP work. There is consistent turn over is all related roles so constant need to cover and shift tasks. A strong ability to multi-task was a must. I enjoyed being part of many work groups and volunteer opportunities.
Pros
Variety of Tasks
Cons
Constant Turn Over
I enjoyed working with all the staff in different departments and greeting clients and suppliers.
Receptionist/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 May 2015
I worked a 9 hour day. I answered phones and forwarded the calls, greeted customers and suppliers. I would do some filing and keep the reception area welcoming and well stocked.
I learned I could handle a very busy switchboard and enjoyed being the first point of contact for a large company.
Management was very hands off and I was able to work independently.
Co- workers were friendly and helpful.
The hardest part of the job was looking for ways to challenge myself and there was no real way to move up.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was able to be helpful to others.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
no room for advancement at the time
Good pay and benefits, bad work / life balance
Packaging machine operator (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge AB9 June 2015
With the 12 hr shifts on nights and the rotation there's not much of a work / life balance. There is a lot of favouritism and it brings down team moral. The pay is good but your personal life suffers for it.

They start you with 2 - 3 weeks vacation each year which is nice but when it's slow and they cut your shifts you will need to use the days to make up a full paycheck. As with any big company their bottom line is profit and you're just a number to them.

Equipment breaks frequently and they still expect you to meet the shifts produced case numbers regardless. Some of their expectations are ridiculously high for the number of people working in the time allotted to do them.
Pros
Good pay and benefits, BBQ's
Cons
There is a lot of favouritism, not much of a work / life balance when your on nights.
Awesome company to work for
Merchandiser (weekend) (Current Employee) –  Barrie area11 December 2015
The pay is great for such an easy job. The manager is a good person to work with, and is willing to help when needed. I highly recommend working for Pepsico.
Pros
great pay, great manager
Cons
part time
Great People and place to work
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK17 February 2015
Your co workers are awesome and the job was good as well. Management team was full of respectable leaders that conducted themselves professionally at all times. Fair pay but lots of travel. I was a Pre Seller (Sales Rep) in the Saskatchewan area. Customers are the the only "cons" in this job, they can make the job difficult if you are not used to handling this type of thing. Over all I liked working at Pepsico, I left to peruse other avenues.
Pros
Perks
Cons
customers
Don't Get Too Comfortable
Packaging Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB2 February 2015
You're boss doesn't care about you, your family, or your life. You may give them your all day and night for years, but that doesn't matter one bit to them. They will change your shift with no real choice to you and screw up everything you had going in life.

Machines you work with are unreliable and ill maintained but it's still your fault if targets are missed. Managers don't know how to do your job and yet they tell you how to.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
shifts, management, machines, work/life balance
Hiring process is terrible
Applicant (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge9 October 2015
They will give you your schedule after you passed the interview and makes you think that you already had the job. Though you still have to make it through the physical they and if you fail..... Everything will be gone. GONE. Without any considerations
Work environment
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 April 2015
The work environment is not the greatest to work in, there seems to be a constant cloud of pop mist which makes it hard to breath at times. The management expects you to be available to produce 100% all of the time, no mistakes. There are some good point however , low turn over rate, great pension, experienced trades men to work with.
Pros
Lots of corporate functions.
Cons
low pay for what you do.
Great company to work for, fantastic employees to work with.
Support Center Senior Bilingual Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 May 2015
A typical day would be taking calls, replying to emails and instant messages from employees that have both technical and non technical issues.
Every day something new was learned as there are upgrades-new applications or I just learned something new in current applications, networking etc. (when you learn something new it is a good day).
Management always listens and ready to back you on new ideas/suggestions.
All co-workers were absolutely great to work with, always cooperative and ready to help when needed.
There really was no hard part of the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job are the people calling in and resolving their issues and adding value to the calls by trying to show them something new to make there lives easier.
Pros
To many to list.
Cons
Slow days
Engaging and open place to work
SSM Senior Associate (Current Employee) –  Head Office Mississauga, ON28 October 2014
6am-3pm and then at home for another 2+ hours
That cross functional approach definelty affects the outcome and success of any project, tempering that at times the lone ranger can appear to accomplish more.but without bringing everyone with you may not always succeed in the long run.
Co-workers were enjoyable and supportive
Learning to reign in my horses and not letting the lone ranger in me take over
Finding gaps in process and creating solutions to fill them.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
Heavy workloads
Friendly and fun workplace, caring about the employees
A/R Data entry and Filing clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 September 2014
started with receiving the invoices ,contracts and receipts from all over the Canada
sorted, coded and keyed the data entry according to received documents
Filed all the documents according to guidelines

in PepsiCo we had a very friendly atmosphere with a lot of fun time which the company provided for the employees
Pros
some times free lunches or different avtivity for example Bowling
Great company to work with
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Kindersley, SK2 July 2014
My job is to go in different stores for merchandising as soon as i enter in the store, i first talk with store manger to make sure everything is fine . I also ask if she or he has any plan for me like sometimes i get new end caps and four ways . After that i start merchandising .Displaying and rotation of the product is the important part of my job.Management is always there to answer my job queriers and customer complaints.Pulling the heavy skids with the normal pallet jack from the back room to product sales floor is the hardest part of my job.No one bossing around me when i work.
Pros
No customer service provided
Cons
less hours
Great Company, Great People
Sales Rep Costco/Driver Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 October 2015
Great people, changeling work, loving seeing the customers, never doing the same thing over and over something different everyday, great customers
Pros
Work Independently
Cons
Did not have my own route
Fast Paced Environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 February 2014
Worked at high pace, had to hit deadlines and guidelines on work ethic. Learnt a lot about everything that comes with working in a Warehouse and a Production area. My co- workers were one of the best parts of working there. The Management wasn't that special but they did what they had to do to get by. There is no such thing was the hardest part of my job but if i had to choice one it would have to be putting up with some of the people that work there. The best part of my job at Pepsi would have to be the benefits and the wages.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Good company to work for with lots of work in the summer.
Pepsi Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 March 2012
This job is great if you are focused and can work alone but in team if it comes up. Organisation is important and self motivation as well. If you are looking for a fast paced job but most of your experience is in retail, stocking shelves then this is a good step up. If you prove yourself they are willing to help you move up in the company to higher positions. The pay is good, just be prepared to work weekends and travel around to the different stores in your own vehicle.
Pros
work is done when you are done you work.
Cons
lots of driving with personal vehicle.
Fun place to work
Settlement Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 September 2012
• Data Entry/Keypunching
• Reconciliation of truck route (Load out, Load in, Invoice entry and Balance)
• Perform daily downloads, uploads and settlement roll procedures for all Ontario branches
• Generate late generation routes for Delivery Dept
• Provide support to Cashier and Answer drivers hotline when required
• Process manual invoices for rush deliveries
• Set up drivers handheld computers for next day deliveries
• Notify customers when delaying deliveries occur
• Provide support to Sales Personnel and when needed in Mailroom

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PepsiCo. Our community is ready to answer.