PepsiCo Employee Reviews in Canada

Physically demanding job with long hours.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBApril 15, 2015
Although things may be different now, but during my time at Pepsico., I felt like they were almost under-employed when it came to merchandisers. An average day for me would be: I'd have around 7-8 stores maybe even more and usually you spend between 45min - 2 hours per store. So as you can see, having a life away from this job isn't easy at all. Hours are usually 7 am to 5 pm but don't be surprised if you work all the way to 9 pm sometimes.

Even if this job is very time/life consuming, the job pays very well and Pepsico. is a very good company to work for. They have great management with great people working there. If the hours we're better (maybe having two merchandisers working together), then I would come back to Pepsico. in a heartbeat. But for me, the hours were to time consuming for my life schedule/plans and I'd end up being physically and mentally tired very often.

PS: Usually work weekends as well
Pros
Nice breaks between stores (the drive from store to store), good pay and great company/management.
Cons
Very time consuming, 10+ plus hours per day (your lucky if you only work for 10)
Work environment
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 2, 2015
The work environment is not the greatest to work in, there seems to be a constant cloud of pop mist which makes it hard to breath at times. The management expects you to be available to produce 100% all of the time, no mistakes. There are some good point however , low turn over rate, great pension, experienced trades men to work with.
Pros
Lots of corporate functions.
Cons
low pay for what you do.
Great money, great people, bad hours.
Sales Route Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 18, 2015
Typical work day starts at 5am.

Before I left for my route I would do a pre-trip inspection. This includes checking all main points on the cube truck to ensure a safe drive for the day, as well as checking to ensure my product was properly and safely secured in the back.

Once on the road I would head to my first stop, bring all assigned product off the truck and check it off with the receiver of that specific store. once everything was checked off and signed I would then proceed to the sales floor and merchandise the product. This includes rotation of stock ie- oldest at the front and newest at the back, set-up/take down of displays, facing all the product to ensure a visually appealing set-up, and finally ordering product for next delivery date.

Once all the stores were done for the day I would then head back to the warehouse, park in my designated spot, and then upload the new purchase orders from my hand held to the main computer for next shipping date. Paperwork was put in order, handed in, and then the day is complete.
Amazing Job
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 2, 2015
I Loved working for Pepsi in Calgary.
By far the best job that i have ever had!. It was a lot of work, Always running and giving it 110%. It kept me in shape, i felt great when i was there and everyone was really close. The other drivers were my friends, and the management and help that they offered was absolutely amazing.
Best Job Ever..
Pros
everything
Cons
none.
great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 1, 2015
was my starter job, loved the job and learn a lot
ppl were great , family orientated
felt like being with family not co workers
job no longer there
Cash Applications Analyst (Former Employee) –  mississaugaMarch 1, 2015
Things I learnt were:
to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
effectively collaborate with cross function teams
Company provide me best training and support to learn the businnes
Lead Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  GTA , OnFebruary 26, 2015
Excellent company to work, Mangers are so supportive and provide you best tools and technoligy to learn business.Pepsico food Canada treat employee as a family.
Typical large corporation struggling with where to get margins back due to deep discounting of product.
LASR Driver (contract) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Same routine day in day out.
Management hesitant to address key issues of concern.
Clear divide between workers and management.
Great place to work.
Account Merchandiser/Relief Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 24, 2015
Great place to work, although advancement is poor and hours are not guaranteed. Good experience gained through covering sales reps.
Pros
good hours
Cons
no advancement
Great People and place to work
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKFebruary 17, 2015
Your co workers are awesome and the job was good as well. Management team was full of respectable leaders that conducted themselves professionally at all times. Fair pay but lots of travel. I was a Pre Seller (Sales Rep) in the Saskatchewan area. Customers are the the only "cons" in this job, they can make the job difficult if you are not used to handling this type of thing. Over all I liked working at Pepsico, I left to peruse other avenues.
Pros
perks
Cons
customers
great workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, ABFebruary 9, 2015
I have nothing negative to say except for I learned a lot and became a more experienced worker overall, one can learn a lot about PepsiCo and how it was founded. A lot to learn a lot to do multitasking, condensing pallets and organizing the backroom as well as the shelves
Nice place
Warehouse/production (Former Employee) –  Toronto, OntarioFebruary 9, 2015
Very good working environment, Got laid off due to shortage of work. Was hired as a temporary employee, then hired full time after 3 months..
Great place to work.
Account Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 6, 2015
Great place to work, management really listens to your needs. Hardest part is all the driving and wear and tear on your car. I enjoy meeting different people.
Don't Get Too Comfortable
Packaging Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABFebruary 2, 2015
You're boss doesn't care about you, your family, or your life. You may give them your all day and night for years, but that doesn't matter one bit to them. They will change your shift with no real choice to you and screw up everything you had going in life.

Machines you work with are unreliable and ill maintained but it's still your fault if targets are missed. Managers don't know how to do your job and yet they tell you how to.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
shifts, management, machines, work/life balance
Great Place to work
Finance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 29, 2015
Good job, benefits and supportive management. Co-workers are extremely friendly and supportive of your learning.
Pros
pay
Cons
finance department being outsourced
A positive work environment with opportunity for advancement
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 27, 2015
its a busy job - heavy lifting and long days. Great management that always tells you where you stand. Work independently with most co-worker contact via email and cell.
forklift
forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Stoney creek, OntarioDecember 15, 2014
Preparing Orders for various stores in the hamilton and surrounding area.

Operation of stand up and sit down forklift

learned how to load trucks pick orders as well as stock warehouse
Pros
barbacues
Cons
night shifts
No two days are the same and finding a way to win is every day's focus
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BCDecember 10, 2014
Working in an agency provides a rich collage of new challenges and opportunities every day. Accounts are always different, client needs are varied and it's my job to ensure we deliver on them 100% without compromise.

During my six years with SDI Marketing I have worked with many great clients and accounts from Rogers Communications to Pepsi Co food and beverages to the Canadian Cancer Society and Tim Hortons. This wide range of exposure to client needs and programs has benefited me in many ways from learning different methods of company operations, being very flexible and adaptable with ideas, timelines and expectations, as well as how to quickly learn and absorb new information to best delivery for the clients needs.

Overcoming obstacles and challenges from technical to resources to weather conditions and more has shown me it's all about finding a way to win and deliver with excellence.

I am looking to bring this rich and varied experience to my next role and strive to new levels!
Pros
working on new and different accounts
Cons
working on new and different account
Great Place to work for
SALES/MARKETING TERRITORY REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  North of London TerritoryDecember 2, 2014
One of the best companies I've been a part of in my entire life. There is just no room for advancement. I want to work for a company where I can grow. With Pepsi I just feel that if I stayed with them I would be an Territory Rep for the rest of my life. I want to move up within a company.
Pros
great lifestyle, fortune 500 company
Cons
no room for advancement
People are great, but little room for advancement
Credit Associate - Major Accounts (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONNovember 18, 2014
All of the people, managers included, are great to work with however with the recent partnership with IBM, there leaves little room for advancement.
I enjoy my job and the challenges however can not grow with the company since I am "needed" in my current position.
Pros
people
Cons
advancement opportunities