PepsiCo Employee Reviews in Canada

Poor Management. Horrible leadership.
Warehouse technician (Former Employee) –  Brampton, OntarioAugust 19, 2015
Management was poor and did not balance jobs accordingly.
part timers were given full time hours with no benefits.
schedules were changed without knowledge and you would be written up for it.
you would be made to stay past close, everyone; including managers, would go home while you would be made to stay until the job was done.
management was changed frequently to the point of no understanding between workers , leaders and management.
Leadership was terrible.
full timers would leave all their work to part timers and would never be spoken to.
They use and abuse their workers rights. simply because they do not have a union.
Over all Pepsico Brampton is a horrible place to work until someone can properly balance management.
Driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  HamiltonAugust 15, 2015
Lack of communication between management and employees.
The drive to Hamilton everyday got to me after a while. Especially having to come back to Niagara to deliver product.
DONOT EVER WORK THERE ON CONTRACT!!!!!!!!
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONAugust 12, 2015
People will dis you every time they see you.
if you learn quickly or show them that you want to become full-timer they will hate you.
Just show to full timers that this is so hard and tough.
Productive very fun
warehouse supervisor (Former Employee) –  MississaugaAugust 11, 2015
Very great place to work very professional environment all of the people whom I worked with were very professional and entertaining
People are great, Management is lacking
Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, ABAugust 5, 2015
For the first couple months I couldn't say enough about how much i enjoyed this company and my job. The people here are great but there is no communication between management and other staff. Everything is last minute and disorganized. The admins get dumped with everything regardless of whether or not they actually have the time or the advanced knowledge of systems and programs to perform these tasks. There is no follow up or follow through on anything. Definite lack of leadership. They advance people that are under qualified with little to no work ethic just so that someone else has to deal with them. Very mundane job once you get the hang of it. Salary is average and vacation is good. Benefits are mediocre at best. They do put on some really nice team builders and other activities for their employees. This would be a great company if they could get some management that actually manages and not hire mediocre sales staff just to fill the gap because they were in a hurry.
Pros
great vacation and pension plans. Great people, fun team activities
Cons
mismanagement, disorganized, lack of communication
Decent job, but under terrible management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONAugust 2, 2015
While I was working there I put my best into the job as I do everything in life, but due to management it made the job harder to enjoy, as well as messing with all the employees hours so management could make the management look "good". As for the job its self i loved being in control of my day once it was given, although the days could be stretched out to 13 hours depending on what needed to be done, but as I mentioned above the hour cut backs made that only a 1-2 day occurrence. I've learnt that I definitely need a job where everyone works together instead of a massive chaotic jumble of employees with an incompetent boss.
Pros
Responsibilities, and using my own car with paid milage
Cons
really long hours
Growth
Ops Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MississaugaJuly 20, 2015
Excellent opportunities to grow with the company both internally and worldwide..
Team building with employees and management to resolve issues.
Pros
Team building
Cons
Long Hours
Good people to work with, flex Fridays and employees appreciation week.
Credit & Collection Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga,Ont.June 30, 2015
A typical day at work would be to do credit reviews and collection calls on delinquent accounts, analyzing new accounts for credit approvals, generating reports for upper management and solving any urgent issues.
What I have learned was how to manage and work closely with high caliber of individuals within the department and communicate openly with inside and outside partners.
I supported management in daily task, updated them on any issues or changes and kept open communications.
Working with co-workers hand in hand as one team, help each other and seek advice when necessary.
The most hardest part of the job was loosing a co-worker or an employee within the department for whatever reason being promotion or restructuring.
The most enjoyable part of the job was period end results for the hard work everyone did during the month.
Pros
Quarterly peoples award for Finance team including free lunch.
Good place to work but a lot of politics lately
Territory Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ONJune 22, 2015
great place with good people but a lot of org change lately and lowered morale. They hire for personality and culture and abilitly. all my coworkers and direct manager are great. upper level management is changing. very flexible days
accounting clerk
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  SE , Calgary, ABJune 19, 2015
My typical day at work involved coding and stamping invoices to be paid and also checking on the day to day maintenance of the fleet department and warehouse division. There was many duties to multi-task during the day which I enjoyed to learn more about tasks required from the company. My co-workers were very organized and helpful in every way needed. My management was overall supportive and based my daily activities on priority duties. There was no actual "hardest" part of the job as everyone worked as a team and the most enjoyable part of the job was learning new tasks and the team that I interacted with on a daily basis.
Pros
flexibility
Very fast paced environment
Manufacturing Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONJune 9, 2015
Fast paced environment. Imperative to stay on-top of all production and processing lines. Need to deliver shift reports to all members of the company (HR, Maintenance, Engineering and Planning).
Pros
occasional BBQs
Cons
Good pay and benefits, bad work / life balance
Packaging machine operator (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge ABJune 9, 2015
With the 12 hr shifts on nights and the rotation there's not much of a work / life balance. There is a lot of favouritism and it brings down team moral. The pay is good but your personal life suffers for it.

They start you with 2 - 3 weeks vacation each year which is nice but when it's slow and they cut your shifts you will need to use the days to make up a full paycheck. As with any big company their bottom line is profit and you're just a number to them.

Equipment breaks frequently and they still expect you to meet the shifts produced case numbers regardless. Some of their expectations are ridiculously high for the number of people working in the time allotted to do them.
Pros
Good pay and benefits, BBQ's
Cons
There is a lot of favouritism, not much of a work / life balance when your on nights.
I enjoyed working with all the staff in different departments and greeting clients and suppliers.
Receptionist/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMay 26, 2015
I worked a 9 hour day. I answered phones and forwarded the calls, greeted customers and suppliers. I would do some filing and keep the reception area welcoming and well stocked.
I learned I could handle a very busy switchboard and enjoyed being the first point of contact for a large company.
Management was very hands off and I was able to work independently.
Co- workers were friendly and helpful.
The hardest part of the job was looking for ways to challenge myself and there was no real way to move up.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was able to be helpful to others.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
no room for advancement at the time
Great company to work for, fantastic employees to work with.
Support Center Senior Bilingual Analyst (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 12, 2015
A typical day would be taking calls, replying to emails and instant messages from employees that have both technical and non technical issues.
Every day something new was learned as there are upgrades-new applications or I just learned something new in current applications, networking etc. (when you learn something new it is a good day).
Management always listens and ready to back you on new ideas/suggestions.
All co-workers were absolutely great to work with, always cooperative and ready to help when needed.
There really was no hard part of the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job are the people calling in and resolving their issues and adding value to the calls by trying to show them something new to make there lives easier.
Pros
To many to list.
Cons
Slow days
Very interesting job
General Labourer,Truck Driver,Merch (Current Employee) –  Essex, ONApril 30, 2015
A day at pepsi is never the same,always interesting in one way or another and you interact with so many different people.
Challenging and wonderful oppurtunity
Production Worker/ Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBApril 24, 2015
A very challenging and fun moment in this company. Seeing and fulfill duties make my day worth working in this company. Teamwork is very important for this job. My co-workers are very cooperative.
Pros
Discounted Drinks
Cons
Physically demanding job with long hours.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NBApril 15, 2015
Although things may be different now, but during my time at Pepsico., I felt like they were almost under-employed when it came to merchandisers. An average day for me would be: I'd have around 7-8 stores maybe even more and usually you spend between 45min - 2 hours per store. So as you can see, having a life away from this job isn't easy at all. Hours are usually 7 am to 5 pm but don't be surprised if you work all the way to 9 pm sometimes.

Even if this job is very time/life consuming, the job pays very well and Pepsico. is a very good company to work for. They have great management with great people working there. If the hours we're better (maybe having two merchandisers working together), then I would come back to Pepsico. in a heartbeat. But for me, the hours were to time consuming for my life schedule/plans and I'd end up being physically and mentally tired very often.

PS: Usually work weekends as well
Pros
Nice breaks between stores (the drive from store to store), good pay and great company/management.
Cons
Very time consuming, 10+ plus hours per day (your lucky if you only work for 10)
Work environment
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 2, 2015
The work environment is not the greatest to work in, there seems to be a constant cloud of pop mist which makes it hard to breath at times. The management expects you to be available to produce 100% all of the time, no mistakes. There are some good point however , low turn over rate, great pension, experienced trades men to work with.
Pros
Lots of corporate functions.
Cons
low pay for what you do.
Great money, great people, bad hours.
Sales Route Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ONMarch 18, 2015
Typical work day starts at 5am.

Before I left for my route I would do a pre-trip inspection. This includes checking all main points on the cube truck to ensure a safe drive for the day, as well as checking to ensure my product was properly and safely secured in the back.

Once on the road I would head to my first stop, bring all assigned product off the truck and check it off with the receiver of that specific store. once everything was checked off and signed I would then proceed to the sales floor and merchandise the product. This includes rotation of stock ie- oldest at the front and newest at the back, set-up/take down of displays, facing all the product to ensure a visually appealing set-up, and finally ordering product for next delivery date.

Once all the stores were done for the day I would then head back to the warehouse, park in my designated spot, and then upload the new purchase orders from my hand held to the main computer for next shipping date. Paperwork was put in order, handed in, and then the day is complete.
Amazing Job
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 2, 2015
I Loved working for Pepsi in Calgary.
By far the best job that i have ever had!. It was a lot of work, Always running and giving it 110%. It kept me in shape, i felt great when i was there and everyone was really close. The other drivers were my friends, and the management and help that they offered was absolutely amazing.
Best Job Ever..
Pros
everything
Cons
none.