PepsiCo Employee Reviews

Fast Paced Environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 February 2014
Worked at high pace, had to hit deadlines and guidelines on work ethic. Learnt a lot about everything that comes with working in a Warehouse and a Production area. My co- workers were one of the best parts of working there. The Management wasn't that special but they did what they had to do to get by. There is no such thing was the hardest part of my job but if i had to choice one it would have to be putting up with some of the people that work there. The best part of my job at Pepsi would have to be the benefits and the wages.
Pros
Wages
Pretty good first job
Delivery Helper (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 March 2016
Typical day going around a part of Ontario making 12 plus drops, sometimes we would stop at some of the bigger stores like Shoppers and we were able to just drop it in the back sometimes because they would just do it for us or they were stocked up. Or we would have to stay and think of the best way to stock over 500 cases of pop with all the kinds of pop in the right area's within an hour so we could get to the next drop on time. The thing I most enjoyed from working at Pepsi was defiantly learning a bunch of different ways to do the job "the best way" from all the different drivers I got to work with, that was all so a bonus just because they all viewed the job differently and it was neat getting different views an different ways of thinking and just all around getting to know each driver.
Pros
Free pop, great people, eat whenever I was in the truck and had time, very laid back drivers if you keep up with them.
Cons
Seasonal, could go all the way to Sarina with 15 plus drops, sometimes work up too 14 hour days
pepsico
Driver/Merchandisor (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB17 June 2016
they care more about there numbers than the health and safety of there own employees expecting them to do more with less time.
Pros
great wage
Cons
long days
Great place!
Account Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  London, ON20 May 2016
Awesome place to work! Great staff and management! Would love to work here in an HR role in the future. Lots of potential with Pepsi!
Downhill Spiral
Sales (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 November 2013
Management needs to stop doing reorgs. The organization can no longer sustain itself and is seeing a quick downhill spiral due to inexperienced individuals being placed in the wrong positions.
Benefits
Cons
long hours, overworked, underpaid, bad communication
Decent job, but under terrible management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 August 2015
While I was working there I put my best into the job as I do everything in life, but due to management it made the job harder to enjoy, as well as messing with all the employees hours so management could make the management look "good". As for the job its self i loved being in control of my day once it was given, although the days could be stretched out to 13 hours depending on what needed to be done, but as I mentioned above the hour cut backs made that only a 1-2 day occurrence. I've learnt that I definitely need a job where everyone works together instead of a massive chaotic jumble of employees with an incompetent boss.
Pros
Responsibilities, and using my own car with paid milage
Cons
really long hours
amazing
Mechanic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 May 2016
amazing opportunity to get my hands dirty, everyday was something different to tackle. many challenges faced and overcame with the help and knowledge of theory of truck system
Sales Rep- Large Format
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB23 October 2013
Place orders for accounts.
Merchandise the orders you've placed.
Manage Inventory at accounts.
Hit sales volume/targets.
Merchandising
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Values
Cons
Limited advancement opportunities (depending on region).
Long days with little room for advancement if you are not in the graduate program
Route Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 November 2015
I joined PepsiCo nearly a decade ago and was promoted once during that time period. The company has changed significantly in the last several years where there is little to no room for advancement unless you have been hired in under the graduate program. Because of this, managers are out of touch with front line operations and cannot provide appropriate coaching to front line staff. When I took my promotion I was given a huge pay cut and told I was lucky to even get that despite working nearly 12 hours a day producing exceptional results (as judged by their score card).
Safe, energetic place to work
Order Picker and Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 May 2016
As a student Pepsi provided me the opportunity to work in a friendly, motivated atmosphere while making enough money to successfully pay my tuition.
Great Place to work
Finance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON29 January 2015
Good job, benefits and supportive management. Co-workers are extremely friendly and supportive of your learning.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Finance department being outsourced
Fun
Financial Analyst, Customer Finance (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 June 2016
Fun place to work in Canada. Great teams what work together. I reco anyone to work for them in Canada. PepsiCo Canada . . . . . . . . . . .
Good people to work with, flex Fridays and employees appreciation week.
Credit & Collection Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga,Ont.30 June 2015
A typical day at work would be to do credit reviews and collection calls on delinquent accounts, analyzing new accounts for credit approvals, generating reports for upper management and solving any urgent issues.
What I have learned was how to manage and work closely with high caliber of individuals within the department and communicate openly with inside and outside partners.
I supported management in daily task, updated them on any issues or changes and kept open communications.
Working with co-workers hand in hand as one team, help each other and seek advice when necessary.
The most hardest part of the job was loosing a co-worker or an employee within the department for whatever reason being promotion or restructuring.
The most enjoyable part of the job was period end results for the hard work everyone did during the month.
Pros
Quarterly peoples award for Finance team including free lunch.
Great management team that offers a lot of support.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 April 2012
Great entry level sales rep job. A big part of the job is merchandising rather than selling makes this job not as appealing. Commission very hard to exceed a certain amount. Low salary with no increase over time.
I enjoyed working with all the staff in different departments and greeting clients and suppliers.
Receptionist/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 May 2015
I worked a 9 hour day. I answered phones and forwarded the calls, greeted customers and suppliers. I would do some filing and keep the reception area welcoming and well stocked.
I learned I could handle a very busy switchboard and enjoyed being the first point of contact for a large company.
Management was very hands off and I was able to work independently.
Co- workers were friendly and helpful.
The hardest part of the job was looking for ways to challenge myself and there was no real way to move up.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was able to be helpful to others.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
no room for advancement at the time
Good Pay, Bad Work
Sales Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 October 2015
- Good Start for Entry Level
- Competitive Pay
- Must work hard for Hours
- Good Management
- Must have new car, lots of driving !
Independent work, easy-going.
Merchandising at Costco (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC and Burnaby, BC11 March 2016
It was a fairly straight-forward job, although the hours are lacking.
Management was always helpful, and Costco staff was as well.
Pros
Independence, trust
Cons
odd hours, payroll mistakes
Pepsi Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB28 April 2016
The team I work with is a great team. People, including the co-workers and supervisors are well connected, there is no communication gap. Requires heavy lifting.
sdi marketing
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 March 2016
That is a great job experience when you work at SDI marketing, I enjoyed the work environment and gained a lot of experience and knowledge towards the different company and their new products I promoted.
Hard work
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 March 2016
The days as a route sales rep with Pepsico Foods can be very long. If you are not motivated and organized it could seem endless. The training provided is good and ongoing. Overall a good company to work for