PepsiCo Employee Reviews

Good pay but very repetitive work. Hard on body.
Warehouse Labourer (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB12 September 2016
Good pay but physical work. High expectations for employees with number system, very unreliable system. Good benefits. Picking and loading cases into trailers or accumulation. Lots of standing up forklift driving around warehouse for grabbing pallets with boxes of chips.
Great pay, great co workers
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON27 September 2016
I loved working here. I was on a contact and they didn't need me at the end (end of summer/busy season). Pay is phenomenal for the amount of work you do. If you do Route Sales you're making at least 50 grand a year. Drivers make a flat rate of 200/day, my typical day as a driver - I started at 3AM to load my truck, normally finished around 11AM. Some days were 10 hours (which they base your pay on. 4 days a week working, 10/hours a day flat rate). I had maybe 3 11/12 hour days because of long wait times for other trucks to deliver and get out of the bay. I had about 5 days where I was done my delivers and back in shop heading back home and I only worked a total of 5-6 hours (still getting that full days pay feels great!).

As a Route Sales Rep you load your truck, drive to your stores, drop off the chips and merchandise them on to the shelves. Place your order, and go to the next store. You get a flat 8.5% commission on the product you deliver to the store. Typically I was taking home about 850/week on average. Working 8-11 hours a day, 5 days a week. When busy season really started, I got moved to delivery driver. If I was able to stay on as Route Sales Rep during the summer I would have been pulling in about 1400/week after taxes. Some Route Sales Rep guys make 75k a year... to deliver and merchandise chips... not bad. Some days you have to haul but, it's not heavy work, but you have to move fast if you don't want your day to be 14 hours long.

Co workers are awesome, friendly, helpful. You really only see them in the warehouse when you're loading your
  more... truck or at the end of your shift. Management are mostly bright, friendly and helpful. Most of them have been through the ropes so they know what you're dealing with and can empathize.

Hardest part of the job: I'd have to say dealing with your hand held and printer... it can be frustrating when you have to reboot your handheld and waste 15 minutes of your time. As a delivery driver, you have to download your trip - and that normally only takes 25 minutes, so you do that while your loading your truck - no time wasted. But when there's an issue and it takes 2-3 hours to download and you're sitting there for 2 hours or longer waiting for it to finish, and you're not making any more money for your longer day... well... it's frustrating. You don't know if it will finish in 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 3 hours... so you just wait there for it... you don't even want to leave to grab a coffee because 10 seconds after you leave it could finish.

Perks: Pay is great! Easiest money I ever made. I've had jobs working 10 times more physical and made 1/2 as much. I've had jobs in IT using my brain 5X as much and made just a little less than working here. If you get on full time - you have a company pension, flex benefits and RRSP matching.
Pros
Full time get company pension, flex benefits and RRSP matching. Co Coworkers and management are great. Pay is great.
Cons
The occassional long day. Occassional computer programs are frustrating.
great highschool job
Warehouse Worker tech 1 (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 January 2017
love the people
always worked hard and stayed longer to help out the team.
day starts of with a meeting to know what needs to get done
then you go straight to work, and catch up with some of the team members.
Leads didn't mind if we talked, as long as the work was done on time and ACCURATELY .
Pros
flexible, felt like family
Cons
Not enough hours sometimes
My thoughts
Pepsico Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 October 2015
Pros

Surrounded by talented and motivated people. I've worked several jobs in my life and PepsiCo is by far the best. They really care about their employees and the opportunities are there for the taking. You will have to be dedicated and work hard to achieve what you want in this company, but that is what makes success at PepsiCo feel so good. I have never been more excited to go to work or felt more at home in any other…

Cons

The company is so big that it is sometimes easy to get lost in the maze of businesses, divisions, brands, and their various levels of management, but this is common in any large organization.
Advice to Management
Continue to focus on the development of lower level employees. I have seen many move on to become phenomenon managers because of the coaching and development they were given early in their career at PepsiCo.
Face pace team-working environment
FORKLIFT DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 January 2017
My daily job would be to operate and maintain forklift, as well as completing various tasks with the assistance of the forklift. Many skills were necessary on any given day and I learned a lot of vital skills throughout my term here. Along with operation of the forklift I also maintained trucks and relocated them in the lot.
good benefits and flexible breaks, management wasn't the greatest
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 February 2016
advancement wasn't really clear in this company as I was very eager to move up after my 1 yr contact, overall great people however management wasn't the greatest in supporting my career. Great benefits.
Pros
long breaks, work envirornment
Cons
advancement
Hard to get full time work
Sales Representative (Pre-Sell) for Multi Channel (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 August 2016
Meet drivers at stores set up displays clear out back room get shelves filled, hit 6 to 8 stores a day, self motivated, work alone most days, during sales very long hours,
it was a great experience in the company. I learn so many lesson related to doing good job .
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 January 2017
work journey was great. I learn how we can perform a different task at the same time , how we can work fast and accurate ,how we behave with other and so on
Pros
proper safety
Cons
unfriendly people
An excellent place to work
Truck Helper/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON6 March 2017
Hours can vary durring the slow winter months, but you easily get as many hours as you want at all other months of the year, so you dont notice a difference durring the slow times.
Good place to make money, better get in to a different department as packing is going out the door.
packing (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON15 December 2015
PepsiCo really takes care of their employees (full time) with a good salary, benefits, pension and bonuses through out each year. The only thing that hurts job security here is Packing is going out the door in the next 10 years so it is highly recommended to cross train in different departments. The people, like everywhere, you have your nice, helping hand people and some that just don't care. Also, be prepared to be on nights for a good year or two. You won't get days as you need like 10 years of senority. OT is available, it is done in 4 hour increments. Start out with 2 weeks vacation plus stats. Uniforms, work boots will all be refunded to you after probation. Employee chip sales saves you alot.
Pros
Great Salary, Benefits, Pension, vacation, employee chip sales
Cons
Advancement in to full time, Replacement positions
Awesome
Weekend Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 February 2017
This is a great company to work for and it has a great work environment. I can work and still have to most of the day to my self and do things I enjoy outside of work.
High pace environment, always on your feet
Line work Packer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON30 January 2017
High speed environment that constantly had you working your hardest. Unexpected jobs and duties on a day to day (besides your hired work position)
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Awful work environment
Very labour intensive workplace.
Warehouse picker/selector (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON18 December 2016
Small warehouse with minimum space you need to maximize your work areas to do your job properly. Equipment was pretty old and could definitely use a overhaul.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Summer heat in warehouse.
autonomous work
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  montreal20 January 2017
Learn how to be responsible but average fun type of work. schedule does not fit and constantly under pressure because of the time
Excellent
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  London, ON17 August 2016
Nice staff and workers, A day at work is good not rushed take your time, my co worker trained me very well and fun to work with.
Office staff very polite and outgoing, the supervisor are excellent and very polite and nice, they understand you when you have a bad day or not feeling well. The best thing I like to do is throw away expired pop and repack the pop. Getting experience on the forklift and other job opportunity when I can learn much as I can in the warehouse
Good job when you get the hours.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  St. Stephen, NB8 September 2016
I'm a full time employee getting part time hours. Some days I don't think I get treated fairly. I'm finding it hard to get by on these hours. Being a single parent and working pay cheque to pay cheque is beyond difficult.
Pros
Make my own hours
Cons
Not getting enough hours
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Canada2 October 2016
Expectations are high but we are growing volume & share while reducing costs....fun place to work and great experience. There are plenty of opportunities to advance and with a company this size the only limitation is your availability to relocate.
average company to work for
Walkers Snacks, Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  bellshill,glasgow,uk12 June 2016
picking and packing orders, forklift truck driving
various roles
great man to man management
tgreat co-workers very approachable
tight deadlines
fun place to work due to co-workers and management
Pros
shift patterns, staff, management
Phenomenal Position and Place to Advance Career
Manufacturing Business Unit Leader (Former Employee) –  Kentville, NS25 September 2016
A structured and fast-paced environment that provides an introduction to strategic planning with a strong emphasis on operational execution. "People skills" and cultural sensitivity are at the pinnacle of success in this position.
Poor Management. Horrible leadership.
Warehouse technician (Former Employee) –  Brampton, Ontario19 August 2015
Management was poor and did not balance jobs accordingly.
part timers were given full time hours with no benefits.
schedules were changed without knowledge and you would be written up for it.
you would be made to stay past close, everyone; including managers, would go home while you would be made to stay until the job was done.
management was changed frequently to the point of no understanding between workers , leaders and management.
Leadership was terrible.
full timers would leave all their work to part timers and would never be spoken to.
They use and abuse their workers rights. simply because they do not have a union.
Over all Pepsico Brampton is a horrible place to work until someone can properly balance management.