PepsiCo Employee Reviews

Poor Management. Horrible leadership.
Warehouse technician (Former Employee) –  Brampton, Ontario19 August 2015
Management was poor and did not balance jobs accordingly.
part timers were given full time hours with no benefits.
schedules were changed without knowledge and you would be written up for it.
you would be made to stay past close, everyone; including managers, would go home while you would be made to stay until the job was done.
management was changed frequently to the point of no understanding between workers , leaders and management.
Leadership was terrible.
full timers would leave all their work to part timers and would never be spoken to.
They use and abuse their workers rights. simply because they do not have a union.
Over all Pepsico Brampton is a horrible place to work until someone can properly balance management.
Decent job, but under terrible management
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 August 2015
While I was working there I put my best into the job as I do everything in life, but due to management it made the job harder to enjoy, as well as messing with all the employees hours so management could make the management look "good". As for the job its self i loved being in control of my day once it was given, although the days could be stretched out to 13 hours depending on what needed to be done, but as I mentioned above the hour cut backs made that only a 1-2 day occurrence. I've learnt that I definitely need a job where everyone works together instead of a massive chaotic jumble of employees with an incompetent boss.
Pros
Responsibilities, and using my own car with paid milage
Cons
really long hours
Pretty good first job
Delivery Helper (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 March 2016
Typical day going around a part of Ontario making 12 plus drops, sometimes we would stop at some of the bigger stores like Shoppers and we were able to just drop it in the back sometimes because they would just do it for us or they were stocked up. Or we would have to stay and think of the best way to stock over 500 cases of pop with all the kinds of pop in the right area's within an hour so we could get to the next drop on time. The thing I most enjoyed from working at Pepsi was defiantly learning a bunch of different ways to do the job "the best way" from all the different drivers I got to work with, that was all so a bonus just because they all viewed the job differently and it was neat getting different views an different ways of thinking and just all around getting to know each driver.
Pros
Free pop, great people, eat whenever I was in the truck and had time, very laid back drivers if you keep up with them.
Cons
Seasonal, could go all the way to Sarina with 15 plus drops, sometimes work up too 14 hour days
Good Pay, Bad Work
Sales Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON7 October 2015
- Good Start for Entry Level
- Competitive Pay
- Must work hard for Hours
- Good Management
- Must have new car, lots of driving !
Good people to work with, flex Fridays and employees appreciation week.
Credit & Collection Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga,Ont.30 June 2015
A typical day at work would be to do credit reviews and collection calls on delinquent accounts, analyzing new accounts for credit approvals, generating reports for upper management and solving any urgent issues.
What I have learned was how to manage and work closely with high caliber of individuals within the department and communicate openly with inside and outside partners.
I supported management in daily task, updated them on any issues or changes and kept open communications.
Working with co-workers hand in hand as one team, help each other and seek advice when necessary.
The most hardest part of the job was loosing a co-worker or an employee within the department for whatever reason being promotion or restructuring.
The most enjoyable part of the job was period end results for the hard work everyone did during the month.
Pros
Quarterly peoples award for Finance team including free lunch.
Long days with little room for advancement if you are not in the graduate program
Route Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 November 2015
I joined PepsiCo nearly a decade ago and was promoted once during that time period. The company has changed significantly in the last several years where there is little to no room for advancement unless you have been hired in under the graduate program. Because of this, managers are out of touch with front line operations and cannot provide appropriate coaching to front line staff. When I took my promotion I was given a huge pay cut and told I was lucky to even get that despite working nearly 12 hours a day producing exceptional results (as judged by their score card).
Independent work, easy-going.
Merchandising at Costco (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC and Burnaby, BC11 March 2016
It was a fairly straight-forward job, although the hours are lacking.
Management was always helpful, and Costco staff was as well.
Pros
Independence, trust
Cons
odd hours, payroll mistakes
People are great, Management is lacking
Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 August 2015
For the first couple months I couldn't say enough about how much i enjoyed this company and my job. The people here are great but there is no communication between management and other staff. Everything is last minute and disorganized. The admins get dumped with everything regardless of whether or not they actually have the time or the advanced knowledge of systems and programs to perform these tasks. There is no follow up or follow through on anything. Definite lack of leadership. They advance people that are under qualified with little to no work ethic just so that someone else has to deal with them. Very mundane job once you get the hang of it. Salary is average and vacation is good. Benefits are mediocre at best. They do put on some really nice team builders and other activities for their employees. This would be a great company if they could get some management that actually manages and not hire mediocre sales staff just to fill the gap because they were in a hurry.
Pros
great vacation and pension plans. Great people, fun team activities
Cons
mismanagement, disorganized, lack of communication
I enjoyed working with all the staff in different departments and greeting clients and suppliers.
Receptionist/Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 May 2015
I worked a 9 hour day. I answered phones and forwarded the calls, greeted customers and suppliers. I would do some filing and keep the reception area welcoming and well stocked.
I learned I could handle a very busy switchboard and enjoyed being the first point of contact for a large company.
Management was very hands off and I was able to work independently.
Co- workers were friendly and helpful.
The hardest part of the job was looking for ways to challenge myself and there was no real way to move up.
The most enjoyable part of the job was that I was able to be helpful to others.
Pros
friendly co-workers
Cons
no room for advancement at the time
pepsico
Driver/Merchandisor (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB17 June 2016
they care more about there numbers than the health and safety of there own employees expecting them to do more with less time.
Pros
great wage
Cons
long days
amazing
Mechanic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 May 2016
amazing opportunity to get my hands dirty, everyday was something different to tackle. many challenges faced and overcame with the help and knowledge of theory of truck system
Don't Get Too Comfortable
Packaging Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB2 February 2015
You're boss doesn't care about you, your family, or your life. You may give them your all day and night for years, but that doesn't matter one bit to them. They will change your shift with no real choice to you and screw up everything you had going in life.

Machines you work with are unreliable and ill maintained but it's still your fault if targets are missed. Managers don't know how to do your job and yet they tell you how to.
Pros
good pay and benefits
Cons
shifts, management, machines, work/life balance
Safe, energetic place to work
Order Picker and Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 May 2016
As a student Pepsi provided me the opportunity to work in a friendly, motivated atmosphere while making enough money to successfully pay my tuition.
Fun
Financial Analyst, Customer Finance (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 June 2016
Fun place to work in Canada. Great teams what work together. I reco anyone to work for them in Canada. PepsiCo Canada . . . . . . . . . . .
Great Experience
Warehouse Technician (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 January 2016
Great Company to work for. Great benefits and focus on safety in the warehouse. Pay was quite decent and good incentive to stay with company.
Pros
Benefits and Pay
Cons
Manual Labour
sdi marketing
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB30 March 2016
That is a great job experience when you work at SDI marketing, I enjoyed the work environment and gained a lot of experience and knowledge towards the different company and their new products I promoted.
High Energy, Lots of Great People
DISTRIBUTION AND MERCHANDISING MANAGER (Former Employee) –  London22 July 2012
Having worked through many areas of the company I can truthfully say it was an amazing experience to learn the operation from the ground up. Advancement opportunities are readily available to employees who want to be successful and put the effort in to their job.

Fast paced and innovative it was very difficult to grow bored. A culture that is very passionate about results and driving growth in a competitive market, Pepsi was a great place to learn and develop, Really a sales culture that thrives on healthy competition in and out of the office in a very ethical and responsible manner. Work/Home life balance is what you make of it in any job, but Pepsi can definitely be a challenging environment in that aspect if you let it. The culture while exciting and friendly, can be exhausting and overwhelming if you let it.

Great place to work!
management problem but have fun with my co-worker
technicien d'entrepot (Current Employee) –  Laval, QC2 November 2015
Great problem with management since they replace the guy before. I do what I need to do, what the boss ask me to do and that's it, I do not complain. I learned so much at this place but now I can't learned anything else. I love working with my co-worker because we have fun together and help each other if something goes wrong or the job isn't finish at the end of the day
Pepsi Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB28 April 2016
The team I work with is a great team. People, including the co-workers and supervisors are well connected, there is no communication gap. Requires heavy lifting.
Hard work
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 March 2016
The days as a route sales rep with Pepsico Foods can be very long. If you are not motivated and organized it could seem endless. The training provided is good and ongoing. Overall a good company to work for