PepsiCo

2.1K reviews

PepsiCo Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great money, great people, bad hours.
Sales Route Specialist (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 18, 2015
Typical work day starts at 5am.

Before I left for my route I would do a pre-trip inspection. This includes checking all main points on the cube truck to ensure a safe drive for the day, as well as checking to ensure my product was properly and safely secured in the back.

Once on the road I would head to my first stop, bring all assigned product off the truck and check it off with the receiver of that specific store. once everything was checked off and signed I would then proceed to the sales floor and merchandise the product. This includes rotation of stock ie- oldest at the front and newest at the back, set-up/take down of displays, facing all the product to ensure a visually appealing set-up, and finally ordering product for next delivery date.

Once all the stores were done for the day I would then head back to the warehouse, park in my designated spot, and then upload the new purchase orders from my hand held to the main computer for next shipping date. Paperwork was put in order, handed in, and then the day is complete.
High Energy, Lots of Great People
DISTRIBUTION AND MERCHANDISING MANAGER (Former Employee), LondonJuly 22, 2012
Having worked through many areas of the company I can truthfully say it was an amazing experience to learn the operation from the ground up. Advancement opportunities are readily available to employees who want to be successful and put the effort in to their job.

Fast paced and innovative it was very difficult to grow bored. A culture that is very passionate about results and driving growth in a competitive market, Pepsi was a great place to learn and develop, Really a sales culture that thrives on healthy competition in and out of the office in a very ethical and responsible manner. Work/Home life balance is what you make of it in any job, but Pepsi can definitely be a challenging environment in that aspect if you let it. The culture while exciting and friendly, can be exhausting and overwhelming if you let it.

Great place to work!
Good place to make money, better get in to a different department as packing is going out the door.
packing (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONDecember 15, 2015
Pros: Great Salary, Benefits, Pension, vacation, employee chip sales
Cons: Advancement in to full time, Replacement positions
PepsiCo really takes care of their employees (full time) with a good salary, benefits, pension and bonuses through out each year. The only thing that hurts job security here is Packing is going out the door in the next 10 years so it is highly recommended to cross train in different departments. The people, like everywhere, you have your nice, helping hand people and some that just don't care. Also, be prepared to be on nights for a good year or two. You won't get days as you need like 10 years of senority. OT is available, it is done in 4 hour increments. Start out with 2 weeks vacation plus stats. Uniforms, work boots will all be refunded to you after probation. Employee chip sales saves you alot.
The day goes by quickly when you have lots to do
Production Supervisor, Operations Division (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 17, 2014
Pros: free soda, bbqs, same overall goals for everyone
Cons: union environment, machines can breakdown holding up production
The goals from day to day may be the same but the challenges are always different. You always have to be there to support your team and people are always encouraged to learn more.

On a typical day you're putting out fires such as fixing and figuring out something that causes the operations line to stop.

What I've learned is how to deal with very high level management above and employees below.

My coworkers are either in management or in a union environment. We all have the same goals in the end and I like that.

The hardest part of the job is fixing some of the down times on the machinery that we have.

The most enjoyable part of work is when the lines have been running non stop for a long time.
Good pay and benefits, bad work / life balance
Packaging machine operator (Former Employee), Lethbridge ABJune 9, 2015
Pros: Good pay and benefits, BBQ's
Cons: There is a lot of favouritism, not much of a work / life balance when your on nights.
With the 12 hr shifts on nights and the rotation there's not much of a work / life balance. There is a lot of favouritism and it brings down team moral. The pay is good but your personal life suffers for it.

They start you with 2 - 3 weeks vacation each year which is nice but when it's slow and they cut your shifts you will need to use the days to make up a full paycheck. As with any big company their bottom line is profit and you're just a number to them.

Equipment breaks frequently and they still expect you to meet the shifts produced case numbers regardless. Some of their expectations are ridiculously high for the number of people working in the time allotted to do them.
great work envirment very helpful co worker support
Laborer/ Driver (Current Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONOctober 30, 2015
Pros: hot days free water breakes when needed
usual day clock in find your rout sheet,handheld,printer sign in understand your delivery rout for the day find your loaded truck grab pallet jack and wheeler and pillions. lock up trailer continue with check out do truck trailer inspection basics pre trip sign off on pretrip hand in scan out hit the road getting to customer has dock, then dock if not drop tail gate wheel in product merchandise coolers proceed with customer transaction cash cheque charge, load pallet jack wheeler pillons on to next customer so on so forth back to the yard, dock trailer post trip check returns scan out handheld tally cash cheques bag it vault it returne handheld and printer to charging dock clock out go home
Poor Management. Horrible leadership.
Warehouse technician (Former Employee), Brampton, OntarioAugust 19, 2015
Management was poor and did not balance jobs accordingly.
part timers were given full time hours with no benefits.
schedules were changed without knowledge and you would be written up for it.
you would be made to stay past close, everyone; including managers, would go home while you would be made to stay until the job was done.
management was changed frequently to the point of no understanding between workers , leaders and management.
Leadership was terrible.
full timers would leave all their work to part timers and would never be spoken to.
They use and abuse their workers rights. simply because they do not have a union.
Over all Pepsico Brampton is a horrible place to work until someone can properly balance management.
Decent job, but under terrible management
Customer Service (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Responsibilities, and using my own car with paid milage
Cons: really long hours
While I was working there I put my best into the job as I do everything in life, but due to management it made the job harder to enjoy, as well as messing with all the employees hours so management could make the management look "good". As for the job its self i loved being in control of my day once it was given, although the days could be stretched out to 13 hours depending on what needed to be done, but as I mentioned above the hour cut backs made that only a 1-2 day occurrence. I've learnt that I definitely need a job where everyone works together instead of a massive chaotic jumble of employees with an incompetent boss.
A Very Physical job with heavy lifting, and outdoor conditions
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 23, 2012
Pros: working alone, hourly wage
Cons: work conditions with high volume, heavy wieght 80-250 lbs per cart load.
Arrive at work at 5:15 am. Grab computer & paperwork. Circle check the truck, then drive the truck through verification building & head to first call on the daily route. Go over customers order & payment before delivering product via a hand cart, from the single axel A-Z vehicle. Complete order, print bill, and proceed to next customer as per the manifest. We generally work alone which is well siuted to me. The job can involve taking large orders down or up stairs, in various conditions.

A general good feeling of satisfaction is given when a day is completed.
Great company to work with
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Kindersley, SKJuly 2, 2014
Pros: no customer service provided
Cons: less hours
My job is to go in different stores for merchandising as soon as i enter in the store, i first talk with store manger to make sure everything is fine . I also ask if she or he has any plan for me like sometimes i get new end caps and four ways . After that i start merchandising .Displaying and rotation of the product is the important part of my job.Management is always there to answer my job queriers and customer complaints.Pulling the heavy skids with the normal pallet jack from the back room to product sales floor is the hardest part of my job.No one bossing around me when i work.
Good company to work for with lots of work in the summer.
Pepsi Merchandiser (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 26, 2012
Pros: work is done when you are done you work.
Cons: lots of driving with personal vehicle.
This job is great if you are focused and can work alone but in team if it comes up. Organisation is important and self motivation as well. If you are looking for a fast paced job but most of your experience is in retail, stocking shelves then this is a good step up. If you prove yourself they are willing to help you move up in the company to higher positions. The pay is good, just be prepared to work weekends and travel around to the different stores in your own vehicle.
Fun Work Environment
Senior Clerk/Assistant/Settlement (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 21, 2013
Pros: wonderful colleagues
Cons: contract position due to covering maternity leave, long commute
A typical day at work was greeting and directing customers, payroll, answering calls, managing the branch managers calendar, meetings, screening phone calls, and organizing the branch. Ordering all supplies for the building as well as monitoring security of trucks coming in and out of the branch. Accounts payable and receivable. I was trusted with thousands of dollars per day in cash while reconciling cash revenue from customers.
Fun place to work
Settlement Clerk (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONSeptember 7, 2012
• Data Entry/Keypunching
• Reconciliation of truck route (Load out, Load in, Invoice entry and Balance)
• Perform daily downloads, uploads and settlement roll procedures for all Ontario branches
• Generate late generation routes for Delivery Dept
• Provide support to Cashier and Answer drivers hotline when required
• Process manual invoices for rush deliveries
• Set up drivers handheld computers for next day deliveries
• Notify customers when delaying deliveries occur
• Provide support to Sales Personnel and when needed in Mailroom
Fast Paced Environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: wages
Cons: management
Worked at high pace, had to hit deadlines and guidelines on work ethic. Learnt a lot about everything that comes with working in a Warehouse and a Production area. My co- workers were one of the best parts of working there. The Management wasn't that special but they did what they had to do to get by. There is no such thing was the hardest part of my job but if i had to choice one it would have to be putting up with some of the people that work there. The best part of my job at Pepsi would have to be the benefits and the wages.
Don't Get Too Comfortable
Packaging Machine Operator (Current Employee), Lethbridge, ABFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: shifts, management, machines, work/life balance
You're boss doesn't care about you, your family, or your life. You may give them your all day and night for years, but that doesn't matter one bit to them. They will change your shift with no real choice to you and screw up everything you had going in life.

Machines you work with are unreliable and ill maintained but it's still your fault if targets are missed. Managers don't know how to do your job and yet they tell you how to.
The team we had all was co-operative, insightful and, appreciative for job offerings of the rest of the team
Maintenance Mechanic / Production worker (Former Employee), Berry St. and Ellice St. WPG MBJune 4, 2013
Pros: the pay was very much better compared to other jobs i've had
Cons: the job was only a term position - this meant i couldn't really get ahead in life
-consistently engaged in preventative and predicative maintenance
-occaisionallyengaging in machinery components replacement / repairs
-adhering to scheduled readying procedures of machinery as needed / directed
Good pay lots of drugs management looks other way
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Edmonton albertaJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: never get on days management does not do thier job
I worked there for 6 years the pay is great management is terrible the workers run the place. You tell them about I people doing drugs at work and they do nothing about it . I liked working there but hard to move up never get in days .They have good things for employees like golf and family day but need to worry about safety ALOT more .
Work environment
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 2, 2015
Pros: Lots of corporate functions.
Cons: low pay for what you do.
The work environment is not the greatest to work in, there seems to be a constant cloud of pop mist which makes it hard to breath at times. The management expects you to be available to produce 100% all of the time, no mistakes. There are some good point however , low turn over rate, great pension, experienced trades men to work with.
Fast pace working environment
Forklift Operator/Order Picker (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 10, 2012
Pros: overtime
Cons: -
Working at Pepsi, has been a tremendous experience learning to work in a fast pace environment, where you are required to reach certain numerical goals has taught me a lot and allowed me to develop many transferable skills. Management team is great allowing you to work freely as long as your responsible and you are making the quota.
Great Place to work for
SALES/MARKETING TERRITORY REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), North of London TerritoryDecember 2, 2014
Pros: great lifestyle, fortune 500 company
Cons: no room for advancement
One of the best companies I've been a part of in my entire life. There is just no room for advancement. I want to work for a company where I can grow. With Pepsi I just feel that if I stayed with them I would be an Territory Rep for the rest of my life. I want to move up within a company.
Headquarters