PepsiCo

2.2K reviews

PepsiCo Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good place to make money, better get in to a different department as packing is going out the door.
packing (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONDecember 15, 2015
Pros: Great Salary, Benefits, Pension, vacation, employee chip sales
Cons: Advancement in to full time, Replacement positions
PepsiCo really takes care of their employees (full time) with a good salary, benefits, pension and bonuses through out each year. The only thing that hurts job security here is Packing is going out the door in the next 10 years so it is highly recommended to cross train in different departments. The people, like everywhere, you have your nice, helping hand people and some that just don't care. Also, be prepared to be on nights for a good year or two. You won't get days as you need like 10 years of senority. OT is available, it is done in 4 hour increments. Start out with 2 weeks vacation plus stats. Uniforms, work boots will all be refunded to you after probation. Employee chip sales saves you alot.
great place to work
industrial electrician (Current Employee), Moncton, NBDecember 7, 2015
Pros: great place
loved going to work enjoy the team i worked with, the work place was great from the top down and they looked after their workers
Warehouse Employee (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONNovember 5, 2015
Pros: consistant shifts
Cons: the way to get fulltime
The other employees is what makes it a fun but productive place. I have worked here for a long time because of what the company does extra for us and the ability to advance up through the business. Hard work does pay off here.
great work envirment very helpful co worker support
Laborer/ Driver (Current Employee), Greater Sudbury, ONOctober 30, 2015
Pros: hot days free water breakes when needed
usual day clock in find your rout sheet,handheld,printer sign in understand your delivery rout for the day find your loaded truck grab pallet jack and wheeler and pillions. lock up trailer continue with check out do truck trailer inspection basics pre trip sign off on pretrip hand in scan out hit the road getting to customer has dock, then dock if not drop tail gate wheel in product merchandise coolers proceed with customer transaction cash cheque charge, load pallet jack wheeler pillons on to next customer so on so forth back to the yard, dock trailer post trip check returns scan out handheld tally cash cheques bag it vault it returne handheld and printer to charging dock clock out go home
Hiring process is terrible
Applicant (Former Employee), LethbridgeOctober 9, 2015
They will give you your schedule after you passed the interview and makes you think that you already had the job. Though you still have to make it through the physical they and if you fail..... Everything will be gone. GONE. Without any considerations
Good Pay, Bad Work
Sales Account Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 7, 2015
- Good Start for Entry Level
- Competitive Pay
- Must work hard for Hours
- Good Management
- Must have new car, lots of driving !
Opportunities
Delivery Supervisor (Current Employee), Winnipeg, MBAugust 24, 2015
Lots of opportunities for advancement.Rewarding career. Great people that are willing to help you advance. Great pay.
Poor Management. Horrible leadership.
Warehouse technician (Former Employee), Brampton, OntarioAugust 19, 2015
Management was poor and did not balance jobs accordingly.
part timers were given full time hours with no benefits.
schedules were changed without knowledge and you would be written up for it.
you would be made to stay past close, everyone; including managers, would go home while you would be made to stay until the job was done.
management was changed frequently to the point of no understanding between workers , leaders and management.
Leadership was terrible.
full timers would leave all their work to part timers and would never be spoken to.
They use and abuse their workers rights. simply because they do not have a union.
Over all Pepsico Brampton is a horrible place to work until someone can properly balance management.
Driver
Truck Driver (Former Employee), HamiltonAugust 15, 2015
Lack of communication between management and employees.
The drive to Hamilton everyday got to me after a while. Especially having to come back to Niagara to deliver product.
Productive very fun
warehouse supervisor (Former Employee), MississaugaAugust 11, 2015
Very great place to work very professional environment all of the people whom I worked with were very professional and entertaining
Decent job, but under terrible management
Customer Service (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Responsibilities, and using my own car with paid milage
Cons: really long hours
While I was working there I put my best into the job as I do everything in life, but due to management it made the job harder to enjoy, as well as messing with all the employees hours so management could make the management look "good". As for the job its self i loved being in control of my day once it was given, although the days could be stretched out to 13 hours depending on what needed to be done, but as I mentioned above the hour cut backs made that only a 1-2 day occurrence. I've learnt that I definitely need a job where everyone works together instead of a massive chaotic jumble of employees with an incompetent boss.
Good pay and benefits, bad work / life balance
Packaging machine operator (Former Employee), Lethbridge ABJune 9, 2015
Pros: Good pay and benefits, BBQ's
Cons: There is a lot of favouritism, not much of a work / life balance when your on nights.
With the 12 hr shifts on nights and the rotation there's not much of a work / life balance. There is a lot of favouritism and it brings down team moral. The pay is good but your personal life suffers for it.

They start you with 2 - 3 weeks vacation each year which is nice but when it's slow and they cut your shifts you will need to use the days to make up a full paycheck. As with any big company their bottom line is profit and you're just a number to them.

Equipment breaks frequently and they still expect you to meet the shifts produced case numbers regardless. Some of their expectations are ridiculously high for the number of people working in the time allotted to do them.
Challenging and wonderful oppurtunity
Production Worker/ Machine Operator (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 24, 2015
Pros: Discounted Drinks
Cons: Long hours
A very challenging and fun moment in this company. Seeing and fulfill duties make my day worth working in this company. Teamwork is very important for this job. My co-workers are very cooperative.
Work environment
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 2, 2015
Pros: Lots of corporate functions.
Cons: low pay for what you do.
The work environment is not the greatest to work in, there seems to be a constant cloud of pop mist which makes it hard to breath at times. The management expects you to be available to produce 100% all of the time, no mistakes. There are some good point however , low turn over rate, great pension, experienced trades men to work with.
Great money, great people, bad hours.
Sales Route Specialist (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 18, 2015
Typical work day starts at 5am.

Before I left for my route I would do a pre-trip inspection. This includes checking all main points on the cube truck to ensure a safe drive for the day, as well as checking to ensure my product was properly and safely secured in the back.

Once on the road I would head to my first stop, bring all assigned product off the truck and check it off with the receiver of that specific store. once everything was checked off and signed I would then proceed to the sales floor and merchandise the product. This includes rotation of stock ie- oldest at the front and newest at the back, set-up/take down of displays, facing all the product to ensure a visually appealing set-up, and finally ordering product for next delivery date.

Once all the stores were done for the day I would then head back to the warehouse, park in my designated spot, and then upload the new purchase orders from my hand held to the main computer for next shipping date. Paperwork was put in order, handed in, and then the day is complete.
Amazing Job
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 2, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: none.
I Loved working for Pepsi in Calgary.
By far the best job that i have ever had!. It was a lot of work, Always running and giving it 110%. It kept me in shape, i felt great when i was there and everyone was really close. The other drivers were my friends, and the management and help that they offered was absolutely amazing.
Best Job Ever..
job no longer there
Cash Applications Analyst (Former Employee), mississaugaMarch 1, 2015
Things I learnt were:
to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
effectively collaborate with cross function teams
great workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 9, 2015
I have nothing negative to say except for I learned a lot and became a more experienced worker overall, one can learn a lot about PepsiCo and how it was founded. A lot to learn a lot to do multitasking, condensing pallets and organizing the backroom as well as the shelves
Nice place
Warehouse/production (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioFebruary 9, 2015
Very good working environment, Got laid off due to shortage of work. Was hired as a temporary employee, then hired full time after 3 months..
Great place to work.
Account Merchandiser (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 6, 2015
Great place to work, management really listens to your needs. Hardest part is all the driving and wear and tear on your car. I enjoy meeting different people.
Headquarters