PepsiCo Employee Reviews in Canada

Excellent
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  London, ONAugust 17, 2016
Nice staff and workers, A day at work is good not rushed take your time, my co worker trained me very well and fun to work with.
Office staff very polite and outgoing, the supervisor are excellent and very polite and nice, they understand you when you have a bad day or not feeling well. The best thing I like to do is throw away expired pop and repack the pop. Getting experience on the forklift and other job opportunity when I can learn much as I can in the warehouse
Stepping stone.
Operations - Front Line Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ONAugust 3, 2016
A typical day at work I managed the front line employees on the given shift to ensure all customer orders were loaded properly on company vehicles for delivery the following day.

I learned how to use different coaching and managing techniques based on the individual (approach, tone, body language, etc.)

Management above myself was very good at the beginning and slowly went downhill, leading to my departure.

I have no complaints about any of my co workers, we worked together to get the job done and solved problems efficiently when necessary.

The hardest part of my job was having to do terminations.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being a positive influence on the people who I managed.
It all depends on you.
Packaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, ABJuly 7, 2016
Pay was alright for the position and the work, but the job was tedious and rarely satisfying. Management strongly focuses on results; ergonomics, safety, and positive workplace culture slipped significantly during my tenure, with minor achievements along the way. Retiring employees were given little or no fanfare. Numerous lifetime employees were forced out of the company or given little consideration during a so-called 'Kaizen' meant to reduce operating costs. Employee recognition heavily favors specific positions in the plant. Management occasionally catered meals and bbq lunches if employees met specific production, cost, and safety goals. If you're okay picking up a mercenary paycheck, you could do much much worse for less.
Pros
Decent pay, ok benefits
Cons
Long hours, frequent unscheduled overtime, poor management
warehouse employee
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 26, 2016
pay is great and the guys on the floor are amazing. But the management and most supervisors are clueless. They have children running the warehouse floor who don't know nothing about warehousing. They talk down to employees and treat them with no respect. They fired me the day I was suppose to get hired, I had 5 hours left on my probation. Real classy bunch of people. They work you like no tmrw. Its a unionized place but the union here is useless also no one care about the employees. Prob one of the worst places I have ever worked.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
Don't go to the Vancouver Annacis Island location!!!!
Operator/supervisor/manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC (Annacis island)April 20, 2016
The epitome of a dysfunctional group. There is absolutely no sense of team; as a matter of fact, they purposefully create a culture of silos and disregard for the human element. One nameless cretin serves in a management (very difficult to state this) capacity in the warehouse, with an unparalleled desire to create conflict amongst the group. Given that he has no issue with serving countless hours on site, he remains employed. Bigotry, inept business acumen steer this facility in a pointless direction. Very unfortunate as I'm certain this is not the core values of the PepsiCo organization. Take note and right the low hanging wrongs.
Pros
Market rate salaries
Cons
no work life balance. no intentions of fixing the imminent issues
average company to work for
Walkers Snacks, Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  bellshill,glasgow,ukJune 12, 2016
picking and packing orders, forklift truck driving
various roles
great man to man management
tgreat co-workers very approachable
tight deadlines
fun place to work due to co-workers and management
Pros
shift patterns, staff, management
Hard work for low pay
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Delta, BCApril 11, 2016
Rude, un-coordinated supervisors
Very dangerous
Very physical
Unfair managers
has a contract system that makes absolutely no sense and short changes their workers.
managers don't always pay full amount on pay checks. They cut corners to save the company money.
Worst company i've ever worked for.
good benefits and flexible breaks, management wasn't the greatest
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 9, 2016
advancement wasn't really clear in this company as I was very eager to move up after my 1 yr contact, overall great people however management wasn't the greatest in supporting my career. Great benefits.
Pros
long breaks, work envirornment
Cons
advancement
Safe, energetic place to work
Order Picker and Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 26, 2016
As a student Pepsi provided me the opportunity to work in a friendly, motivated atmosphere while making enough money to successfully pay my tuition.
Pretty good first job
Delivery Helper (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 16, 2016
Typical day going around a part of Ontario making 12 plus drops, sometimes we would stop at some of the bigger stores like Shoppers and we were able to just drop it in the back sometimes because they would just do it for us or they were stocked up. Or we would have to stay and think of the best way to stock over 500 cases of pop with all the kinds of pop in the right area's within an hour so we could get to the next drop on time. The thing I most enjoyed from working at Pepsi was defiantly learning a bunch of different ways to do the job "the best way" from all the different drivers I got to work with, that was all so a bonus just because they all viewed the job differently and it was neat getting different views an different ways of thinking and just all around getting to know each driver.
Pros
Free pop, great people, eat whenever I was in the truck and had time, very laid back drivers if you keep up with them.
Cons
Seasonal, could go all the way to Sarina with 15 plus drops, sometimes work up too 14 hour days
amazing
Mechanic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ONMay 31, 2016
amazing opportunity to get my hands dirty, everyday was something different to tackle. many challenges faced and overcame with the help and knowledge of theory of truck system
sdi marketing
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 30, 2016
That is a great job experience when you work at SDI marketing, I enjoyed the work environment and gained a lot of experience and knowledge towards the different company and their new products I promoted.
Hard work
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCMarch 23, 2016
The days as a route sales rep with Pepsico Foods can be very long. If you are not motivated and organized it could seem endless. The training provided is good and ongoing. Overall a good company to work for
pepsico
Driver/Merchandisor (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MBJune 17, 2016
they care more about there numbers than the health and safety of there own employees expecting them to do more with less time.
Pros
great wage
Cons
long days
productive place to work
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Pepsico is a great place to work i would to anyone to work there.
A typical day at work is pick up your run sheet, inspect your truck before you go on the road.
The hardest part of the job is when u take the product off the truck and the customers don't have the money to pay you.
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
short breaks
Great company with flexible work schedule
Delivery Driver/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 4, 2016
Pepsico values their employees and works hard to accommodate their unique requirement and to provide support for their families.
Independent work, easy-going.
Merchandising at Costco (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC and Burnaby, BCMarch 11, 2016
It was a fairly straight-forward job, although the hours are lacking.
Management was always helpful, and Costco staff was as well.
Pros
Independence, trust
Cons
odd hours, payroll mistakes
Pepsi Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 28, 2016
The team I work with is a great team. People, including the co-workers and supervisors are well connected, there is no communication gap. Requires heavy lifting.
Great place!
Account Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  London, ONMay 20, 2016
Awesome place to work! Great staff and management! Would love to work here in an HR role in the future. Lots of potential with Pepsi!
Good place to make money, better get in to a different department as packing is going out the door.
packing (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONDecember 15, 2015
PepsiCo really takes care of their employees (full time) with a good salary, benefits, pension and bonuses through out each year. The only thing that hurts job security here is Packing is going out the door in the next 10 years so it is highly recommended to cross train in different departments. The people, like everywhere, you have your nice, helping hand people and some that just don't care. Also, be prepared to be on nights for a good year or two. You won't get days as you need like 10 years of senority. OT is available, it is done in 4 hour increments. Start out with 2 weeks vacation plus stats. Uniforms, work boots will all be refunded to you after probation. Employee chip sales saves you alot.
Pros
Great Salary, Benefits, Pension, vacation, employee chip sales
Cons
Advancement in to full time, Replacement positions