PepsiCo Employee Reviews in Canada

warehouse employee
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONApril 26, 2016
pay is great and the guys on the floor are amazing. But the management and most supervisors are clueless. They have children running the warehouse floor who don't know nothing about warehousing. They talk down to employees and treat them with no respect. They fired me the day I was suppose to get hired, I had 5 hours left on my probation. Real classy bunch of people. They work you like no tmrw. Its a unionized place but the union here is useless also no one care about the employees. Prob one of the worst places I have ever worked.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
Don't go to the Vancouver Annacis Island location!!!!
Operator/supervisor/manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC (Annacis island)April 20, 2016
The epitome of a dysfunctional group. There is absolutely no sense of team; as a matter of fact, they purposefully create a culture of silos and disregard for the human element. One nameless cretin serves in a management (very difficult to state this) capacity in the warehouse, with an unparalleled desire to create conflict amongst the group. Given that he has no issue with serving countless hours on site, he remains employed. Bigotry, inept business acumen steer this facility in a pointless direction. Very unfortunate as I'm certain this is not the core values of the PepsiCo organization. Take note and right the low hanging wrongs.
Pros
Market rate salaries
Cons
no work life balance. no intentions of fixing the imminent issues
Hard work for low pay
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Delta, BCApril 11, 2016
Rude, un-coordinated supervisors
Very dangerous
Very physical
Unfair managers
has a contract system that makes absolutely no sense and short changes their workers.
managers don't always pay full amount on pay checks. They cut corners to save the company money.
Worst company i've ever worked for.
good benefits and flexible breaks, management wasn't the greatest
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONFebruary 9, 2016
advancement wasn't really clear in this company as I was very eager to move up after my 1 yr contact, overall great people however management wasn't the greatest in supporting my career. Great benefits.
Pros
long breaks, work envirornment
Cons
advancement
productive place to work
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ONJanuary 14, 2016
Pepsico is a great place to work i would to anyone to work there.
A typical day at work is pick up your run sheet, inspect your truck before you go on the road.
The hardest part of the job is when u take the product off the truck and the customers don't have the money to pay you.
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
short breaks
Long days with little room for advancement if you are not in the graduate program
Route Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABNovember 19, 2015
I joined PepsiCo nearly a decade ago and was promoted once during that time period. The company has changed significantly in the last several years where there is little to no room for advancement unless you have been hired in under the graduate program. Because of this, managers are out of touch with front line operations and cannot provide appropriate coaching to front line staff. When I took my promotion I was given a huge pay cut and told I was lucky to even get that despite working nearly 12 hours a day producing exceptional results (as judged by their score card).
Pretty good first job
Delivery Helper (Former Employee) –  London, ONMarch 16, 2016
Typical day going around a part of Ontario making 12 plus drops, sometimes we would stop at some of the bigger stores like Shoppers and we were able to just drop it in the back sometimes because they would just do it for us or they were stocked up. Or we would have to stay and think of the best way to stock over 500 cases of pop with all the kinds of pop in the right area's within an hour so we could get to the next drop on time. The thing I most enjoyed from working at Pepsi was defiantly learning a bunch of different ways to do the job "the best way" from all the different drivers I got to work with, that was all so a bonus just because they all viewed the job differently and it was neat getting different views an different ways of thinking and just all around getting to know each driver.
Pros
Free pop, great people, eat whenever I was in the truck and had time, very laid back drivers if you keep up with them.
Cons
Seasonal, could go all the way to Sarina with 15 plus drops, sometimes work up too 14 hour days
Good place to make money, better get in to a different department as packing is going out the door.
packing (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ONDecember 15, 2015
PepsiCo really takes care of their employees (full time) with a good salary, benefits, pension and bonuses through out each year. The only thing that hurts job security here is Packing is going out the door in the next 10 years so it is highly recommended to cross train in different departments. The people, like everywhere, you have your nice, helping hand people and some that just don't care. Also, be prepared to be on nights for a good year or two. You won't get days as you need like 10 years of senority. OT is available, it is done in 4 hour increments. Start out with 2 weeks vacation plus stats. Uniforms, work boots will all be refunded to you after probation. Employee chip sales saves you alot.
Pros
Great Salary, Benefits, Pension, vacation, employee chip sales
Cons
Advancement in to full time, Replacement positions
management problem but have fun with my co-worker
technicien d'entrepot (Current Employee) –  Laval, QCNovember 2, 2015
Great problem with management since they replace the guy before. I do what I need to do, what the boss ask me to do and that's it, I do not complain. I learned so much at this place but now I can't learned anything else. I love working with my co-worker because we have fun together and help each other if something goes wrong or the job isn't finish at the end of the day
Hard work
Route Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BCMarch 23, 2016
The days as a route sales rep with Pepsico Foods can be very long. If you are not motivated and organized it could seem endless. The training provided is good and ongoing. Overall a good company to work for
great work envirment very helpful co worker support
Laborer/ Driver (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ONOctober 30, 2015
usual day clock in find your rout sheet,handheld,printer sign in understand your delivery rout for the day find your loaded truck grab pallet jack and wheeler and pillions. lock up trailer continue with check out do truck trailer inspection basics pre trip sign off on pretrip hand in scan out hit the road getting to customer has dock, then dock if not drop tail gate wheel in product merchandise coolers proceed with customer transaction cash cheque charge, load pallet jack wheeler pillons on to next customer so on so forth back to the yard, dock trailer post trip check returns scan out handheld tally cash cheques bag it vault it returne handheld and printer to charging dock clock out go home
Pros
hot days free water breakes when needed
sdi marketing
Brand Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 30, 2016
That is a great job experience when you work at SDI marketing, I enjoyed the work environment and gained a lot of experience and knowledge towards the different company and their new products I promoted.
Independent work, easy-going.
Merchandising at Costco (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC and Burnaby, BCMarch 11, 2016
It was a fairly straight-forward job, although the hours are lacking.
Management was always helpful, and Costco staff was as well.
Pros
Independence, trust
Cons
odd hours, payroll mistakes
Safe, energetic place to work
Order Picker and Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ONMay 26, 2016
As a student Pepsi provided me the opportunity to work in a friendly, motivated atmosphere while making enough money to successfully pay my tuition.
Great company with flexible work schedule
Delivery Driver/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABApril 4, 2016
Pepsico values their employees and works hard to accommodate their unique requirement and to provide support for their families.
My thoughts
Pepsico Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 21, 2015
Pros

Surrounded by talented and motivated people. I've worked several jobs in my life and PepsiCo is by far the best. They really care about their employees and the opportunities are there for the taking. You will have to be dedicated and work hard to achieve what you want in this company, but that is what makes success at PepsiCo feel so good. I have never been more excited to go to work or felt more at home in any other…

Cons

The company is so big that it is sometimes easy to get lost in the maze of businesses, divisions, brands, and their various levels of management, but this is common in any large organization.
Advice to Management
Continue to focus on the development of lower level employees. I have seen many move on to become phenomenon managers because of the coaching and development they were given early in their career at PepsiCo.
Informative place to work
Seasonal - Credit Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ONFebruary 9, 2016
I learned a lot while working for PepsiCo. The employees I worked with were highly knowledgeable in their jobs, were very helpful, and created a positive work-space.
I both worked and attended school full-time.
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Regina, SKMarch 15, 2016
I both worked and attended school full-time, it would be difficult to describe any joy or spite I obtained from this experience.
Pepsi Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABApril 28, 2016
The team I work with is a great team. People, including the co-workers and supervisors are well connected, there is no communication gap. Requires heavy lifting.
sdi marketing
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MBMarch 30, 2016
That is nice company, and great environment to work while you having fun.

It is also a great paid job for promoting different brand and their products.