PepsiCo Employee Reviews

It all depends on you.
Packaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB7 July 2016
Pay was alright for the position and the work, but the job was tedious and rarely satisfying. Management strongly focuses on results; ergonomics, safety, and positive workplace culture slipped significantly during my tenure, with minor achievements along the way. Retiring employees were given little or no fanfare. Numerous lifetime employees were forced out of the company or given little consideration during a so-called 'Kaizen' meant to reduce operating costs. Employee recognition heavily favors specific positions in the plant. Management occasionally catered meals and bbq lunches if employees met specific production, cost, and safety goals. If you're okay picking up a mercenary paycheck, you could do much much worse for less.
Pros
Decent pay, ok benefits
Cons
Long hours, frequent unscheduled overtime, poor management
Excellent company to start your professional selling career
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 September 2016
Spent my days building relationships with our customer base through many different selling techniques, allowing me to sell in a wide assortment of beverages from the Pepsi brand portfolio. Excellent training offered to all reps, opportunity for advancement through hard work and ability to relocate. Management was very supportive and was always looking to grow you as an employee. Colleagues were for the most part just as supportive which made for a wonderful team environment. Hardest part of the job was the long days at times Pepsi asks a lot out of their employees but for the right reasons. Really enjoyed the overall opportunity and their core values. Would recommend Pepsi to any young professional looking to start in sales.
Pros
Great training, endless opportunity, promotes hard work
Cons
Lower pay than many other companies, made up for by unlimited growth potential.
Don't go to the Vancouver Annacis Island location!!!!
Operator/supervisor/manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC (Annacis island)20 April 2016
The epitome of a dysfunctional group. There is absolutely no sense of team; as a matter of fact, they purposefully create a culture of silos and disregard for the human element. One nameless cretin serves in a management (very difficult to state this) capacity in the warehouse, with an unparalleled desire to create conflict amongst the group. Given that he has no issue with serving countless hours on site, he remains employed. Bigotry, inept business acumen steer this facility in a pointless direction. Very unfortunate as I'm certain this is not the core values of the PepsiCo organization. Take note and right the low hanging wrongs.
Pros
Market rate salaries
Cons
no work life balance. no intentions of fixing the imminent issues
Productive and fun place, lot of scope to learn and achieve
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 November 2016
Great place to work, fantastic supervisors, freedom to grow with encouragement from management, friendly co workers, hardest part of the job is nil, the most enjoyable part of the job is to see immediate results after investing time and energy on that exercise.
Pros
Nil
Cons
good
Account Merchandiser/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 November 2016
Good experience at Pepsico.Good benefits.Overall i would say it was nice year i spent at pepsico.Lot of opportunities if you work hard,Sometime you are ignored by bosses though:)
Pros
na
Cons
na
Stepping stone.
Operations - Front Line Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON3 August 2016
A typical day at work I managed the front line employees on the given shift to ensure all customer orders were loaded properly on company vehicles for delivery the following day.

I learned how to use different coaching and managing techniques based on the individual (approach, tone, body language, etc.)

Management above myself was very good at the beginning and slowly went downhill, leading to my departure.

I have no complaints about any of my co workers, we worked together to get the job done and solved problems efficiently when necessary.

The hardest part of my job was having to do terminations.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being a positive influence on the people who I managed.
warehouse employee
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 April 2016
pay is great and the guys on the floor are amazing. But the management and most supervisors are clueless. They have children running the warehouse floor who don't know nothing about warehousing. They talk down to employees and treat them with no respect. They fired me the day I was suppose to get hired, I had 5 hours left on my probation. Real classy bunch of people. They work you like no tmrw. Its a unionized place but the union here is useless also no one care about the employees. Prob one of the worst places I have ever worked.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
great
Process Improvement Engineer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON23 September 2016
Lead appropriate testing, gathered, analyzed process data to improve product quality and reduce costs through line throughput. Worked synergistically with Plant Management, Line Operators, Vendors & Contractors, to develop best solutions to address production challenges, reduce waste and enhance profitability.
good benefits and flexible breaks, management wasn't the greatest
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 February 2016
advancement wasn't really clear in this company as I was very eager to move up after my 1 yr contact, overall great people however management wasn't the greatest in supporting my career. Great benefits.
Pros
long breaks, work envirornment
Cons
advancement
Good pay but very repetitive work. Hard on body.
Warehouse Labourer (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB12 September 2016
Good pay but physical work. High expectations for employees with number system, very unreliable system. Good benefits. Picking and loading cases into trailers or accumulation. Lots of standing up forklift driving around warehouse for grabbing pallets with boxes of chips.
My thoughts
Pepsico Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 October 2015
Pros

Surrounded by talented and motivated people. I've worked several jobs in my life and PepsiCo is by far the best. They really care about their employees and the opportunities are there for the taking. You will have to be dedicated and work hard to achieve what you want in this company, but that is what makes success at PepsiCo feel so good. I have never been more excited to go to work or felt more at home in any other…

Cons

The company is so big that it is sometimes easy to get lost in the maze of businesses, divisions, brands, and their various levels of management, but this is common in any large organization.
Advice to Management
Continue to focus on the development of lower level employees. I have seen many move on to become phenomenon managers because of the coaching and development they were given early in their career at PepsiCo.
Great pay, great co workers
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON27 September 2016
I loved working here. I was on a contact and they didn't need me at the end (end of summer/busy season). Pay is phenomenal for the amount of work you do. If you do Route Sales you're making at least 50 grand a year. Drivers make a flat rate of 200/day, my typical day as a driver - I started at 3AM to load my truck, normally finished around 11AM. Some days were 10 hours (which they base your pay on. 4 days a week working, 10/hours a day flat rate). I had maybe 3 11/12 hour days because of long wait times for other trucks to deliver and get out of the bay. I had about 5 days where I was done my delivers and back in shop heading back home and I only worked a total of 5-6 hours (still getting that full days pay feels great!).

As a Route Sales Rep you load your truck, drive to your stores, drop off the chips and merchandise them on to the shelves. Place your order, and go to the next store. You get a flat 8.5% commission on the product you deliver to the store. Typically I was taking home about 850/week on average. Working 8-11 hours a day, 5 days a week. When busy season really started, I got moved to delivery driver. If I was able to stay on as Route Sales Rep during the summer I would have been pulling in about 1400/week after taxes. Some Route Sales Rep guys make 75k a year... to deliver and merchandise chips... not bad. Some days you have to haul but, it's not heavy work, but you have to move fast if you don't want your day to be 14 hours long.

Co workers are awesome, friendly, helpful. You really only see them in the warehouse when you're loading your
  more... truck or at the end of your shift. Management are mostly bright, friendly and helpful. Most of them have been through the ropes so they know what you're dealing with and can empathize.

Hardest part of the job: I'd have to say dealing with your hand held and printer... it can be frustrating when you have to reboot your handheld and waste 15 minutes of your time. As a delivery driver, you have to download your trip - and that normally only takes 25 minutes, so you do that while your loading your truck - no time wasted. But when there's an issue and it takes 2-3 hours to download and you're sitting there for 2 hours or longer waiting for it to finish, and you're not making any more money for your longer day... well... it's frustrating. You don't know if it will finish in 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 3 hours... so you just wait there for it... you don't even want to leave to grab a coffee because 10 seconds after you leave it could finish.

Perks: Pay is great! Easiest money I ever made. I've had jobs working 10 times more physical and made 1/2 as much. I've had jobs in IT using my brain 5X as much and made just a little less than working here. If you get on full time - you have a company pension, flex benefits and RRSP matching.
Pros
Full time get company pension, flex benefits and RRSP matching. Co Coworkers and management are great. Pay is great.
Cons
The occassional long day. Occassional computer programs are frustrating.
Good place to make money, better get in to a different department as packing is going out the door.
packing (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON15 December 2015
PepsiCo really takes care of their employees (full time) with a good salary, benefits, pension and bonuses through out each year. The only thing that hurts job security here is Packing is going out the door in the next 10 years so it is highly recommended to cross train in different departments. The people, like everywhere, you have your nice, helping hand people and some that just don't care. Also, be prepared to be on nights for a good year or two. You won't get days as you need like 10 years of senority. OT is available, it is done in 4 hour increments. Start out with 2 weeks vacation plus stats. Uniforms, work boots will all be refunded to you after probation. Employee chip sales saves you alot.
Pros
Great Salary, Benefits, Pension, vacation, employee chip sales
Cons
Advancement in to full time, Replacement positions
Hard to get full time work
Sales Representative (Pre-Sell) for Multi Channel (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 August 2016
Meet drivers at stores set up displays clear out back room get shelves filled, hit 6 to 8 stores a day, self motivated, work alone most days, during sales very long hours,
average company to work for
Walkers Snacks, Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  bellshill,glasgow,uk12 June 2016
picking and packing orders, forklift truck driving
various roles
great man to man management
tgreat co-workers very approachable
tight deadlines
fun place to work due to co-workers and management
Pros
shift patterns, staff, management
Excellent
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  London, ON17 August 2016
Nice staff and workers, A day at work is good not rushed take your time, my co worker trained me very well and fun to work with.
Office staff very polite and outgoing, the supervisor are excellent and very polite and nice, they understand you when you have a bad day or not feeling well. The best thing I like to do is throw away expired pop and repack the pop. Getting experience on the forklift and other job opportunity when I can learn much as I can in the warehouse
Good job when you get the hours.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  St. Stephen, NB8 September 2016
I'm a full time employee getting part time hours. Some days I don't think I get treated fairly. I'm finding it hard to get by on these hours. Being a single parent and working pay cheque to pay cheque is beyond difficult.
Pros
Make my own hours
Cons
Not getting enough hours
Hard work for low pay
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC11 April 2016
Rude, un-coordinated supervisors
Very dangerous
Very physical
Unfair managers
has a contract system that makes absolutely no sense and short changes their workers.
managers don't always pay full amount on pay checks. They cut corners to save the company money.
Worst company i've ever worked for.
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Canada2 October 2016
Expectations are high but we are growing volume & share while reducing costs....fun place to work and great experience. There are plenty of opportunities to advance and with a company this size the only limitation is your availability to relocate.
Phenomenal Position and Place to Advance Career
Manufacturing Business Unit Leader (Former Employee) –  Kentville, NS25 September 2016
A structured and fast-paced environment that provides an introduction to strategic planning with a strong emphasis on operational execution. "People skills" and cultural sensitivity are at the pinnacle of success in this position.