PepsiCo Employee Reviews

It all depends on you.
Packaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB7 July 2016
Pay was alright for the position and the work, but the job was tedious and rarely satisfying. Management strongly focuses on results; ergonomics, safety, and positive workplace culture slipped significantly during my tenure, with minor achievements along the way. Retiring employees were given little or no fanfare. Numerous lifetime employees were forced out of the company or given little consideration during a so-called 'Kaizen' meant to reduce operating costs. Employee recognition heavily favors specific positions in the plant. Management occasionally catered meals and bbq lunches if employees met specific production, cost, and safety goals. If you're okay picking up a mercenary paycheck, you could do much much worse for less.
Pros
Decent pay, ok benefits
Cons
Long hours, frequent unscheduled overtime, poor management
good job
Seasonal Warehouse person (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 February 2017
i had no complaints, great pay. good hours and very flexible. employers and training was top notch. flexible and great benefits. great environment to work out of
Pros
good pay
Cons
good
Account Merchandiser/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 November 2016
Good experience at Pepsico.Good benefits.Overall i would say it was nice year i spent at pepsico.Lot of opportunities if you work hard,Sometime you are ignored by bosses though:)
Pros
na
Cons
na
Good Money
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 January 2017
Safe and secure place to work. Benefits were good. Lots of overtime. A type of High school drama/gossip was around though.
Pros
Money
Cons
Good pay but very repetitive work. Hard on body.
Warehouse Labourer (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB12 September 2016
Good pay but physical work. High expectations for employees with number system, very unreliable system. Good benefits. Picking and loading cases into trailers or accumulation. Lots of standing up forklift driving around warehouse for grabbing pallets with boxes of chips.
Excellent company to start your professional selling career
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 September 2016
Spent my days building relationships with our customer base through many different selling techniques, allowing me to sell in a wide assortment of beverages from the Pepsi brand portfolio. Excellent training offered to all reps, opportunity for advancement through hard work and ability to relocate. Management was very supportive and was always looking to grow you as an employee. Colleagues were for the most part just as supportive which made for a wonderful team environment. Hardest part of the job was the long days at times Pepsi asks a lot out of their employees but for the right reasons. Really enjoyed the overall opportunity and their core values. Would recommend Pepsi to any young professional looking to start in sales.
Pros
Great training, endless opportunity, promotes hard work
Cons
Lower pay than many other companies, made up for by unlimited growth potential.
Didn't like working here
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 January 2017
It was a big company you were not treated very well by the management staff as well as the other employees long hours split shifts not a steady work schedule every week I was starting and ending at different times it was extremely difficult to plan things
Pros
Cons
Wasn't treated well
Great position for post-secondary students looking for summer employment
Summer Student Internship Program - RSR (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 January 2017
Started working on the Frito Lay side of the business in the summer of 2013. Management aids in helping you develop and learning new skills that will come in handy for whatever career path you choose.
Pros
Great commission
Cons
Early mornings, weekends
Productive and fun place, lot of scope to learn and achieve
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 November 2016
Great place to work, fantastic supervisors, freedom to grow with encouragement from management, friendly co workers, hardest part of the job is nil, the most enjoyable part of the job is to see immediate results after investing time and energy on that exercise.
Pros
Nil
Cons
Great pay, great co workers
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON27 September 2016
I loved working here. I was on a contact and they didn't need me at the end (end of summer/busy season). Pay is phenomenal for the amount of work you do. If you do Route Sales you're making at least 50 grand a year. Drivers make a flat rate of 200/day, my typical day as a driver - I started at 3AM to load my truck, normally finished around 11AM. Some days were 10 hours (which they base your pay on. 4 days a week working, 10/hours a day flat rate). I had maybe 3 11/12 hour days because of long wait times for other trucks to deliver and get out of the bay. I had about 5 days where I was done my delivers and back in shop heading back home and I only worked a total of 5-6 hours (still getting that full days pay feels great!).

As a Route Sales Rep you load your truck, drive to your stores, drop off the chips and merchandise them on to the shelves. Place your order, and go to the next store. You get a flat 8.5% commission on the product you deliver to the store. Typically I was taking home about 850/week on average. Working 8-11 hours a day, 5 days a week. When busy season really started, I got moved to delivery driver. If I was able to stay on as Route Sales Rep during the summer I would have been pulling in about 1400/week after taxes. Some Route Sales Rep guys make 75k a year... to deliver and merchandise chips... not bad. Some days you have to haul but, it's not heavy work, but you have to move fast if you don't want your day to be 14 hours long.

Co workers are awesome, friendly, helpful. You really only see them in the warehouse when you're loading your
  more... truck or at the end of your shift. Management are mostly bright, friendly and helpful. Most of them have been through the ropes so they know what you're dealing with and can empathize.

Hardest part of the job: I'd have to say dealing with your hand held and printer... it can be frustrating when you have to reboot your handheld and waste 15 minutes of your time. As a delivery driver, you have to download your trip - and that normally only takes 25 minutes, so you do that while your loading your truck - no time wasted. But when there's an issue and it takes 2-3 hours to download and you're sitting there for 2 hours or longer waiting for it to finish, and you're not making any more money for your longer day... well... it's frustrating. You don't know if it will finish in 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 3 hours... so you just wait there for it... you don't even want to leave to grab a coffee because 10 seconds after you leave it could finish.

Perks: Pay is great! Easiest money I ever made. I've had jobs working 10 times more physical and made 1/2 as much. I've had jobs in IT using my brain 5X as much and made just a little less than working here. If you get on full time - you have a company pension, flex benefits and RRSP matching.
Pros
Full time get company pension, flex benefits and RRSP matching. Co Coworkers and management are great. Pay is great.
Cons
The occassional long day. Occassional computer programs are frustrating.
Productive place to enhance skills
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB1 February 2017
a very conducive environment to work
skill development
great management
everybody comes together once a month to talk about what to do to make the company grow
Pros
Cons
fair enough pay
Good to employee's, lots of independance, difficult hours
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 February 2017
Pepsico is a great company to work for management is great and so is the pay. Training was very helpful and well organized. Management listens to employee's and does a good job looking after their interests. The hours are difficult to adjust to however as they involve very early starts and are often very lengthy especially for new employees.
Pros
Great pay, Independance, Good managment
Cons
Hours can be difficult to get accustomed to
Good place to make money, better get in to a different department as packing is going out the door.
packing (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON15 December 2015
PepsiCo really takes care of their employees (full time) with a good salary, benefits, pension and bonuses through out each year. The only thing that hurts job security here is Packing is going out the door in the next 10 years so it is highly recommended to cross train in different departments. The people, like everywhere, you have your nice, helping hand people and some that just don't care. Also, be prepared to be on nights for a good year or two. You won't get days as you need like 10 years of senority. OT is available, it is done in 4 hour increments. Start out with 2 weeks vacation plus stats. Uniforms, work boots will all be refunded to you after probation. Employee chip sales saves you alot.
Pros
Great Salary, Benefits, Pension, vacation, employee chip sales
Cons
Advancement in to full time, Replacement positions
Don't go to the Vancouver Annacis Island location!!!!
Operator/supervisor/manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC (Annacis island)20 April 2016
The epitome of a dysfunctional group. There is absolutely no sense of team; as a matter of fact, they purposefully create a culture of silos and disregard for the human element. One nameless cretin serves in a management (very difficult to state this) capacity in the warehouse, with an unparalleled desire to create conflict amongst the group. Given that he has no issue with serving countless hours on site, he remains employed. Bigotry, inept business acumen steer this facility in a pointless direction. Very unfortunate as I'm certain this is not the core values of the PepsiCo organization. Take note and right the low hanging wrongs.
Pros
Market rate salaries
Cons
no work life balance. no intentions of fixing the imminent issues
Truck Driver - Class 5 (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 January 2017
People were great ! Supervisors were very polite and helpful. Coworkers were great and helpful. All experiences were very positive! Warehouse personnel were polite and always helpful.
Pros
Great job, great people. Great workout
Cons
Long hours. Work, eat, sleep. No time for family
Stepping stone.
Operations - Front Line Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON3 August 2016
A typical day at work I managed the front line employees on the given shift to ensure all customer orders were loaded properly on company vehicles for delivery the following day.

I learned how to use different coaching and managing techniques based on the individual (approach, tone, body language, etc.)

Management above myself was very good at the beginning and slowly went downhill, leading to my departure.

I have no complaints about any of my co workers, we worked together to get the job done and solved problems efficiently when necessary.

The hardest part of my job was having to do terminations.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being a positive influence on the people who I managed.
good benefits and flexible breaks, management wasn't the greatest
Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 February 2016
advancement wasn't really clear in this company as I was very eager to move up after my 1 yr contact, overall great people however management wasn't the greatest in supporting my career. Great benefits.
Pros
long breaks, work envirornment
Cons
advancement
Good job when you get the hours.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  St. Stephen, NB8 September 2016
I'm a full time employee getting part time hours. Some days I don't think I get treated fairly. I'm finding it hard to get by on these hours. Being a single parent and working pay cheque to pay cheque is beyond difficult.
Pros
Make my own hours
Cons
Not getting enough hours
great highschool job
Warehouse Worker tech 1 (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 January 2017
love the people
always worked hard and stayed longer to help out the team.
day starts of with a meeting to know what needs to get done
then you go straight to work, and catch up with some of the team members.
Leads didn't mind if we talked, as long as the work was done on time and ACCURATELY .
Pros
flexible, felt like family
Cons
Not enough hours sometimes
It's ok
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 February 2017
PEPSICo Is an ok place to work. It is a very fast paced and demanding company to work for. Pay is ok but advancement is very limited for hourly employees.