PepsiCo
1,780 reviews

PepsiCo Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good pay and benefits, bad work / life balance
Packaging machine operator (Former Employee), Lethbridge ABJune 9, 2015
Pros: Good pay and benefits, BBQ's
Cons: There is a lot of favouritism, not much of a work / life balance when your on nights.
With the 12 hr shifts on nights and the rotation there's not much of a work / life balance. There is a lot of favouritism and it brings down team moral. The pay is good but your personal life suffers for it.

They start you with 2 - 3 weeks vacation each year which is nice but when it's slow and they cut your shifts you will need to use the days to make up a full paycheck. As with any big company their bottom line is profit and you're just a number to them.

Equipment breaks frequently and they still expect you to meet the shifts produced case numbers regardless. Some of their expectations are ridiculously high for the number of people working in the time allotted to do them.
Challenging and wonderful oppurtunity
Production Worker/ Machine Operator (Former Employee), Winnipeg, MBApril 24, 2015
Pros: Discounted Drinks
Cons: Long hours
A very challenging and fun moment in this company. Seeing and fulfill duties make my day worth working in this company. Teamwork is very important for this job. My co-workers are very cooperative.
Work environment
Maintenance Electrician (Former Employee), Calgary, ABApril 2, 2015
Pros: Lots of corporate functions.
Cons: low pay for what you do.
The work environment is not the greatest to work in, there seems to be a constant cloud of pop mist which makes it hard to breath at times. The management expects you to be available to produce 100% all of the time, no mistakes. There are some good point however , low turn over rate, great pension, experienced trades men to work with.
Great money, great people, bad hours.
Sales Route Specialist (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 18, 2015
Typical work day starts at 5am.

Before I left for my route I would do a pre-trip inspection. This includes checking all main points on the cube truck to ensure a safe drive for the day, as well as checking to ensure my product was properly and safely secured in the back.

Once on the road I would head to my first stop, bring all assigned product off the truck and check it off with the receiver of that specific store. once everything was checked off and signed I would then proceed to the sales floor and merchandise the product. This includes rotation of stock ie- oldest at the front and newest at the back, set-up/take down of displays, facing all the product to ensure a visually appealing set-up, and finally ordering product for next delivery date.

Once all the stores were done for the day I would then head back to the warehouse, park in my designated spot, and then upload the new purchase orders from my hand held to the main computer for next shipping date. Paperwork was put in order, handed in, and then the day is complete.
Amazing Job
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMarch 2, 2015
Pros: everything
Cons: none.
I Loved working for Pepsi in Calgary.
By far the best job that i have ever had!. It was a lot of work, Always running and giving it 110%. It kept me in shape, i felt great when i was there and everyone was really close. The other drivers were my friends, and the management and help that they offered was absolutely amazing.
Best Job Ever..
job no longer there
Cash Applications Analyst (Former Employee), mississaugaMarch 1, 2015
Things I learnt were:
to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
effectively collaborate with cross function teams
great workplace
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABFebruary 9, 2015
I have nothing negative to say except for I learned a lot and became a more experienced worker overall, one can learn a lot about PepsiCo and how it was founded. A lot to learn a lot to do multitasking, condensing pallets and organizing the backroom as well as the shelves
Nice place
Warehouse/production (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioFebruary 9, 2015
Very good working environment, Got laid off due to shortage of work. Was hired as a temporary employee, then hired full time after 3 months..
Great place to work.
Account Merchandiser (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 6, 2015
Great place to work, management really listens to your needs. Hardest part is all the driving and wear and tear on your car. I enjoy meeting different people.
Don't Get Too Comfortable
Packaging Machine Operator (Current Employee), Lethbridge, ABFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: shifts, management, machines, work/life balance
You're boss doesn't care about you, your family, or your life. You may give them your all day and night for years, but that doesn't matter one bit to them. They will change your shift with no real choice to you and screw up everything you had going in life.

Machines you work with are unreliable and ill maintained but it's still your fault if targets are missed. Managers don't know how to do your job and yet they tell you how to.
Don't Get Too Comfortable
Packaging Machine Operator (Current Employee), Lethbridge, ABFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: good pay and benefits
Cons: shifts, management, machines, work/life balance

A positive work environment with opportunity for advancement
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 27, 2015
its a busy job - heavy lifting and long days. Great management that always tells you where you stand. Work independently with most co-worker contact via email and cell.
forklift
forklift operator (Former Employee), Stoney creek, OntarioDecember 15, 2014
Pros: barbacues
Cons: night shifts
Preparing Orders for various stores in the hamilton and surrounding area.

Operation of stand up and sit down forklift

learned how to load trucks pick orders as well as stock warehouse
Great Place to work for
SALES/MARKETING TERRITORY REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), North of London TerritoryDecember 2, 2014
Pros: great lifestyle, fortune 500 company
Cons: no room for advancement
One of the best companies I've been a part of in my entire life. There is just no room for advancement. I want to work for a company where I can grow. With Pepsi I just feel that if I stayed with them I would be an Territory Rep for the rest of my life. I want to move up within a company.
work hard
Merchandiser (Current Employee), North Battleford, SKNovember 5, 2014
working hard for the company because of the benefits and high salary.
The day goes by quickly when you have lots to do
Production Supervisor, Operations Division (Current Employee), Calgary, ABAugust 17, 2014
Pros: free soda, bbqs, same overall goals for everyone
Cons: union environment, machines can breakdown holding up production
The goals from day to day may be the same but the challenges are always different. You always have to be there to support your team and people are always encouraged to learn more.

On a typical day you're putting out fires such as fixing and figuring out something that causes the operations line to stop.

What I've learned is how to deal with very high level management above and employees below.

My coworkers are either in management or in a union environment. We all have the same goals in the end and I like that.

The hardest part of the job is fixing some of the down times on the machinery that we have.

The most enjoyable part of work is when the lines have been running non stop for a long time.
Great Co to work for, a lot of opportunity and challenges
PCE Senior Projects Manager (Current Employee), HOJuly 25, 2014
Pros: career growth models
Cons: work life balance
learned a lot about snacks, capital planning, strategic planning
created plans and implemented them into actions
Great company to work with
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Kindersley, SKJuly 2, 2014
Pros: no customer service provided
Cons: less hours
My job is to go in different stores for merchandising as soon as i enter in the store, i first talk with store manger to make sure everything is fine . I also ask if she or he has any plan for me like sometimes i get new end caps and four ways . After that i start merchandising .Displaying and rotation of the product is the important part of my job.Management is always there to answer my job queriers and customer complaints.Pulling the heavy skids with the normal pallet jack from the back room to product sales floor is the hardest part of my job.No one bossing around me when i work.
Good Company
Product Availability Supervisor (Current Employee), Calgary, ABJune 10, 2014
Pepsico is a good company to work for. There are many positions within the company and several departments that comes together to accomplish there daily goals.
there good
Packer 1 (Former Employee), Lethbridge, ABMarch 26, 2014
every move they make is accurate and they know what they doing

1 2 3

About PepsiCo

PepsiCo Inc. is an American multinational food and beverage corporation headquartered in Purchase, New York, United States, with – Read more