PepsiCo Employee Reviews

It all depends on you.
Packaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB7 July 2016
Pay was alright for the position and the work, but the job was tedious and rarely satisfying. Management strongly focuses on results; ergonomics, safety, and positive workplace culture slipped significantly during my tenure, with minor achievements along the way. Retiring employees were given little or no fanfare. Numerous lifetime employees were forced out of the company or given little consideration during a so-called 'Kaizen' meant to reduce operating costs. Employee recognition heavily favors specific positions in the plant. Management occasionally catered meals and bbq lunches if employees met specific production, cost, and safety goals. If you're okay picking up a mercenary paycheck, you could do much much worse for less.
Pros
Decent pay, ok benefits
Cons
Long hours, frequent unscheduled overtime, poor management
Rewarding place to learn selling skills
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON27 February 2017
A typical day required visiting your list of customers that was populated for you on your iPad for the day, usually about 12 accounts to visit. Take inventory, place orders, upsell racking and displays. Management micromanaged, workplace culture was a team environment. The hardest part of the day was trying to complete all tasks and the most enjoyable part pleasing customers.
Excellent company to start your professional selling career
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 September 2016
Spent my days building relationships with our customer base through many different selling techniques, allowing me to sell in a wide assortment of beverages from the Pepsi brand portfolio. Excellent training offered to all reps, opportunity for advancement through hard work and ability to relocate. Management was very supportive and was always looking to grow you as an employee. Colleagues were for the most part just as supportive which made for a wonderful team environment. Hardest part of the job was the long days at times Pepsi asks a lot out of their employees but for the right reasons. Really enjoyed the overall opportunity and their core values. Would recommend Pepsi to any young professional looking to start in sales.
Pros
Great training, endless opportunity, promotes hard work
Cons
Lower pay than many other companies, made up for by unlimited growth potential.
Great position for post-secondary students looking for summer employment
Summer Student Internship Program - RSR (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 January 2017
Started working on the Frito Lay side of the business in the summer of 2013. Management aids in helping you develop and learning new skills that will come in handy for whatever career path you choose.
Pros
Great commission
Cons
Early mornings, weekends
Didn't like working here
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 January 2017
It was a big company you were not treated very well by the management staff as well as the other employees long hours split shifts not a steady work schedule every week I was starting and ending at different times it was extremely difficult to plan things
Pros
Cons
Wasn't treated well
Productive place to enhance skills
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB1 February 2017
a very conducive environment to work
skill development
great management
everybody comes together once a month to talk about what to do to make the company grow
Pros
Cons
fair enough pay
Productive, friendly,peaceful,happy supportive warehouse,shift was perfect
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 March 2017
I work at night shift which was perfect on my schedule.I've learned to operate forklift, and the management were willing to train us into other fields in the warehouse which i loved and appreciated it,i always wanted to learn new stuff.Everyone in the warehouse help each other and everyone are friendly.Management were strict but very supportive to their subordinates.They make sure everyone is happy and enjoys the job.I don't have anything bad to tell since it was a a very good place to work.
Pros
great company to work with
Cons
Productive and fun place, lot of scope to learn and achieve
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 November 2016
Great place to work, fantastic supervisors, freedom to grow with encouragement from management, friendly co workers, hardest part of the job is nil, the most enjoyable part of the job is to see immediate results after investing time and energy on that exercise.
Pros
Nil
good job
Seasonal Warehouse person (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 February 2017
i had no complaints, great pay. good hours and very flexible. employers and training was top notch. flexible and great benefits. great environment to work out of
Pros
good pay
Cons
good
Account Merchandiser/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 November 2016
Good experience at Pepsico.Good benefits.Overall i would say it was nice year i spent at pepsico.Lot of opportunities if you work hard,Sometime you are ignored by bosses though:)
Pros
na
Cons
na
Good Money
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 January 2017
Safe and secure place to work. Benefits were good. Lots of overtime. A type of High school drama/gossip was around though.
Pros
Money
Cons
Don't go to the Vancouver Annacis Island location!!!!
Operator/supervisor/manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC (Annacis island)20 April 2016
The epitome of a dysfunctional group. There is absolutely no sense of team; as a matter of fact, they purposefully create a culture of silos and disregard for the human element. One nameless cretin serves in a management (very difficult to state this) capacity in the warehouse, with an unparalleled desire to create conflict amongst the group. Given that he has no issue with serving countless hours on site, he remains employed. Bigotry, inept business acumen steer this facility in a pointless direction. Very unfortunate as I'm certain this is not the core values of the PepsiCo organization. Take note and right the low hanging wrongs.
Pros
Market rate salaries
Cons
no work life balance. no intentions of fixing the imminent issues
Good to employee's, lots of independance, difficult hours
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 February 2017
Pepsico is a great company to work for management is great and so is the pay. Training was very helpful and well organized. Management listens to employee's and does a good job looking after their interests. The hours are difficult to adjust to however as they involve very early starts and are often very lengthy especially for new employees.
Pros
Great pay, Independance, Good managment
Cons
Hours can be difficult to get accustomed to
Great pay and teamwork
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 March 2017
I worked hard and i was appreciated for it. TJ was a great boss. I had a great time with the other seasonals. We would all hang out in the lunch room before shift started. Once the shift started we had a healthy competition for fastest picker. Some full timers need to work harder. They don't realize people are doing the same work for way less money at other places. Others are great people and workers.
Pros
Teamwork, boss, pay
Cons
Whiny full timers
Truck Driver - Class 5 (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 January 2017
People were great ! Supervisors were very polite and helpful. Coworkers were great and helpful. All experiences were very positive! Warehouse personnel were polite and always helpful.
Pros
Great job, great people. Great workout
Cons
Long hours. Work, eat, sleep. No time for family
Stepping stone.
Operations - Front Line Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON3 August 2016
A typical day at work I managed the front line employees on the given shift to ensure all customer orders were loaded properly on company vehicles for delivery the following day.

I learned how to use different coaching and managing techniques based on the individual (approach, tone, body language, etc.)

Management above myself was very good at the beginning and slowly went downhill, leading to my departure.

I have no complaints about any of my co workers, we worked together to get the job done and solved problems efficiently when necessary.

The hardest part of my job was having to do terminations.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being a positive influence on the people who I managed.
It's ok
Electrician (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 February 2017
PEPSICo Is an ok place to work. It is a very fast paced and demanding company to work for. Pay is ok but advancement is very limited for hourly employees.
warehouse employee
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 April 2016
pay is great and the guys on the floor are amazing. But the management and most supervisors are clueless. They have children running the warehouse floor who don't know nothing about warehousing. They talk down to employees and treat them with no respect. They fired me the day I was suppose to get hired, I had 5 hours left on my probation. Real classy bunch of people. They work you like no tmrw. Its a unionized place but the union here is useless also no one care about the employees. Prob one of the worst places I have ever worked.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else
Don't do it
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 January 2017
worst training program ever. I got some experience with popular brands but honestly sold my soul to make it happen just not worth it. management is horrble
great
Process Improvement Engineer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON23 September 2016
Lead appropriate testing, gathered, analyzed process data to improve product quality and reduce costs through line throughput. Worked synergistically with Plant Management, Line Operators, Vendors & Contractors, to develop best solutions to address production challenges, reduce waste and enhance profitability.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PepsiCo. Our community is ready to answer.