PepsiCo Employee Reviews

Productive and fun place, lot of scope to learn and achieve
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 November 2016
Great place to work, fantastic supervisors, freedom to grow with encouragement from management, friendly co workers, hardest part of the job is nil, the most enjoyable part of the job is to see immediate results after investing time and energy on that exercise.
Pros
Nil
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Canada2 October 2016
Expectations are high but we are growing volume & share while reducing costs....fun place to work and great experience. There are plenty of opportunities to advance and with a company this size the only limitation is your availability to relocate.
Great pay, great co workers
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON27 September 2016
I loved working here. I was on a contact and they didn't need me at the end (end of summer/busy season). Pay is phenomenal for the amount of work you do. If you do Route Sales you're making at least 50 grand a year. Drivers make a flat rate of 200/day, my typical day as a driver - I started at 3AM to load my truck, normally finished around 11AM. Some days were 10 hours (which they base your pay on. 4 days a week working, 10/hours a day flat rate). I had maybe 3 11/12 hour days because of long wait times for other trucks to deliver and get out of the bay. I had about 5 days where I was done my delivers and back in shop heading back home and I only worked a total of 5-6 hours (still getting that full days pay feels great!).

As a Route Sales Rep you load your truck, drive to your stores, drop off the chips and merchandise them on to the shelves. Place your order, and go to the next store. You get a flat 8.5% commission on the product you deliver to the store. Typically I was taking home about 850/week on average. Working 8-11 hours a day, 5 days a week. When busy season really started, I got moved to delivery driver. If I was able to stay on as Route Sales Rep during the summer I would have been pulling in about 1400/week after taxes. Some Route Sales Rep guys make 75k a year... to deliver and merchandise chips... not bad. Some days you have to haul but, it's not heavy work, but you have to move fast if you don't want your day to be 14 hours long.

Co workers are awesome, friendly, helpful. You really only see them in the warehouse when you're loading your
  more... truck or at the end of your shift. Management are mostly bright, friendly and helpful. Most of them have been through the ropes so they know what you're dealing with and can empathize.

Hardest part of the job: I'd have to say dealing with your hand held and printer... it can be frustrating when you have to reboot your handheld and waste 15 minutes of your time. As a delivery driver, you have to download your trip - and that normally only takes 25 minutes, so you do that while your loading your truck - no time wasted. But when there's an issue and it takes 2-3 hours to download and you're sitting there for 2 hours or longer waiting for it to finish, and you're not making any more money for your longer day... well... it's frustrating. You don't know if it will finish in 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 3 hours... so you just wait there for it... you don't even want to leave to grab a coffee because 10 seconds after you leave it could finish.

Perks: Pay is great! Easiest money I ever made. I've had jobs working 10 times more physical and made 1/2 as much. I've had jobs in IT using my brain 5X as much and made just a little less than working here. If you get on full time - you have a company pension, flex benefits and RRSP matching.
Pros
Full time get company pension, flex benefits and RRSP matching. Co Coworkers and management are great. Pay is great.
Cons
The occassional long day. Occassional computer programs are frustrating.
Phenomenal Position and Place to Advance Career
Manufacturing Business Unit Leader (Former Employee) –  Kentville, NS25 September 2016
A structured and fast-paced environment that provides an introduction to strategic planning with a strong emphasis on operational execution. "People skills" and cultural sensitivity are at the pinnacle of success in this position.
great
Process Improvement Engineer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON23 September 2016
Lead appropriate testing, gathered, analyzed process data to improve product quality and reduce costs through line throughput. Worked synergistically with Plant Management, Line Operators, Vendors & Contractors, to develop best solutions to address production challenges, reduce waste and enhance profitability.
Excellent company to start your professional selling career
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB14 September 2016
Spent my days building relationships with our customer base through many different selling techniques, allowing me to sell in a wide assortment of beverages from the Pepsi brand portfolio. Excellent training offered to all reps, opportunity for advancement through hard work and ability to relocate. Management was very supportive and was always looking to grow you as an employee. Colleagues were for the most part just as supportive which made for a wonderful team environment. Hardest part of the job was the long days at times Pepsi asks a lot out of their employees but for the right reasons. Really enjoyed the overall opportunity and their core values. Would recommend Pepsi to any young professional looking to start in sales.
Pros
Great training, endless opportunity, promotes hard work
Cons
Lower pay than many other companies, made up for by unlimited growth potential.
Good pay but very repetitive work. Hard on body.
Warehouse Labourer (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB12 September 2016
Good pay but physical work. High expectations for employees with number system, very unreliable system. Good benefits. Picking and loading cases into trailers or accumulation. Lots of standing up forklift driving around warehouse for grabbing pallets with boxes of chips.
Good job when you get the hours.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  St. Stephen, NB8 September 2016
I'm a full time employee getting part time hours. Some days I don't think I get treated fairly. I'm finding it hard to get by on these hours. Being a single parent and working pay cheque to pay cheque is beyond difficult.
Pros
Make my own hours
Cons
Not getting enough hours
Hard to get full time work
Sales Representative (Pre-Sell) for Multi Channel (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 August 2016
Meet drivers at stores set up displays clear out back room get shelves filled, hit 6 to 8 stores a day, self motivated, work alone most days, during sales very long hours,
Excellent
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  London, ON17 August 2016
Nice staff and workers, A day at work is good not rushed take your time, my co worker trained me very well and fun to work with.
Office staff very polite and outgoing, the supervisor are excellent and very polite and nice, they understand you when you have a bad day or not feeling well. The best thing I like to do is throw away expired pop and repack the pop. Getting experience on the forklift and other job opportunity when I can learn much as I can in the warehouse
Stepping stone.
Operations - Front Line Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ancaster, ON3 August 2016
A typical day at work I managed the front line employees on the given shift to ensure all customer orders were loaded properly on company vehicles for delivery the following day.

I learned how to use different coaching and managing techniques based on the individual (approach, tone, body language, etc.)

Management above myself was very good at the beginning and slowly went downhill, leading to my departure.

I have no complaints about any of my co workers, we worked together to get the job done and solved problems efficiently when necessary.

The hardest part of my job was having to do terminations.

The most enjoyable part of the job was being a positive influence on the people who I managed.
It all depends on you.
Packaging Technician (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB7 July 2016
Pay was alright for the position and the work, but the job was tedious and rarely satisfying. Management strongly focuses on results; ergonomics, safety, and positive workplace culture slipped significantly during my tenure, with minor achievements along the way. Retiring employees were given little or no fanfare. Numerous lifetime employees were forced out of the company or given little consideration during a so-called 'Kaizen' meant to reduce operating costs. Employee recognition heavily favors specific positions in the plant. Management occasionally catered meals and bbq lunches if employees met specific production, cost, and safety goals. If you're okay picking up a mercenary paycheck, you could do much much worse for less.
Pros
Decent pay, ok benefits
Cons
Long hours, frequent unscheduled overtime, poor management
pepsico
Driver/Merchandisor (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB17 June 2016
they care more about there numbers than the health and safety of there own employees expecting them to do more with less time.
Pros
great wage
Cons
long days
average company to work for
Walkers Snacks, Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  bellshill,glasgow,uk12 June 2016
picking and packing orders, forklift truck driving
various roles
great man to man management
tgreat co-workers very approachable
tight deadlines
fun place to work due to co-workers and management
Pros
shift patterns, staff, management
Fun
Financial Analyst, Customer Finance (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 June 2016
Fun place to work in Canada. Great teams what work together. I reco anyone to work for them in Canada. PepsiCo Canada . . . . . . . . . . .
amazing
Mechanic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 May 2016
amazing opportunity to get my hands dirty, everyday was something different to tackle. many challenges faced and overcame with the help and knowledge of theory of truck system
Safe, energetic place to work
Order Picker and Fork Lift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 May 2016
As a student Pepsi provided me the opportunity to work in a friendly, motivated atmosphere while making enough money to successfully pay my tuition.
Great place!
Account Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  London, ON20 May 2016
Awesome place to work! Great staff and management! Would love to work here in an HR role in the future. Lots of potential with Pepsi!
Pepsi Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB28 April 2016
The team I work with is a great team. People, including the co-workers and supervisors are well connected, there is no communication gap. Requires heavy lifting.
warehouse employee
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 April 2016
pay is great and the guys on the floor are amazing. But the management and most supervisors are clueless. They have children running the warehouse floor who don't know nothing about warehousing. They talk down to employees and treat them with no respect. They fired me the day I was suppose to get hired, I had 5 hours left on my probation. Real classy bunch of people. They work you like no tmrw. Its a unionized place but the union here is useless also no one care about the employees. Prob one of the worst places I have ever worked.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything else