PepsiCo Employee Reviews

Good to employee's, lots of independance, difficult hours
Route Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON7 February 2017
Pepsico is a great company to work for management is great and so is the pay. Training was very helpful and well organized. Management listens to employee's and does a good job looking after their interests. The hours are difficult to adjust to however as they involve very early starts and are often very lengthy especially for new employees.
Pros
Great pay, Independance, Good managment
Cons
Hours can be difficult to get accustomed to
good job
Seasonal Warehouse person (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 February 2017
i had no complaints, great pay. good hours and very flexible. employers and training was top notch. flexible and great benefits. great environment to work out of
Pros
good pay
Cons
Productive place to enhance skills
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB1 February 2017
a very conducive environment to work
skill development
great management
everybody comes together once a month to talk about what to do to make the company grow
Pros
Cons
fair enough pay
High pace environment, always on your feet
Line work Packer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON30 January 2017
High speed environment that constantly had you working your hardest. Unexpected jobs and duties on a day to day (besides your hired work position)
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Awful work environment
it was a great experience in the company. I learn so many lesson related to doing good job .
Warehouse Technician (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 January 2017
work journey was great. I learn how we can perform a different task at the same time , how we can work fast and accurate ,how we behave with other and so on
Pros
proper safety
Cons
unfriendly people
Truck Driver - Class 5 (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 January 2017
People were great ! Supervisors were very polite and helpful. Coworkers were great and helpful. All experiences were very positive! Warehouse personnel were polite and always helpful.
Pros
Great job, great people. Great workout
Cons
Long hours. Work, eat, sleep. No time for family
autonomous work
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  montreal20 January 2017
Learn how to be responsible but average fun type of work. schedule does not fit and constantly under pressure because of the time
Don't do it
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 January 2017
worst training program ever. I got some experience with popular brands but honestly sold my soul to make it happen just not worth it. management is horrble
Didn't like working here
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 January 2017
It was a big company you were not treated very well by the management staff as well as the other employees long hours split shifts not a steady work schedule every week I was starting and ending at different times it was extremely difficult to plan things
Pros
Cons
Wasn't treated well
great highschool job
Warehouse Worker tech 1 (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 January 2017
love the people
always worked hard and stayed longer to help out the team.
day starts of with a meeting to know what needs to get done
then you go straight to work, and catch up with some of the team members.
Leads didn't mind if we talked, as long as the work was done on time and ACCURATELY .
Pros
flexible, felt like family
Cons
Not enough hours sometimes
Face pace team-working environment
FORKLIFT DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 January 2017
My daily job would be to operate and maintain forklift, as well as completing various tasks with the assistance of the forklift. Many skills were necessary on any given day and I learned a lot of vital skills throughout my term here. Along with operation of the forklift I also maintained trucks and relocated them in the lot.
Great position for post-secondary students looking for summer employment
Summer Student Internship Program - RSR (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB9 January 2017
Started working on the Frito Lay side of the business in the summer of 2013. Management aids in helping you develop and learning new skills that will come in handy for whatever career path you choose.
Pros
Great commission
Cons
Early mornings, weekends
Good Money
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 January 2017
Safe and secure place to work. Benefits were good. Lots of overtime. A type of High school drama/gossip was around though.
Pros
Money
Cons
Very labour intensive workplace.
Warehouse picker/selector (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON18 December 2016
Small warehouse with minimum space you need to maximize your work areas to do your job properly. Equipment was pretty old and could definitely use a overhaul.
Pros
Breaks
Cons
Summer heat in warehouse.
good
Account Merchandiser/Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 November 2016
Good experience at Pepsico.Good benefits.Overall i would say it was nice year i spent at pepsico.Lot of opportunities if you work hard,Sometime you are ignored by bosses though:)
Pros
na
Cons
na
Productive and fun place, lot of scope to learn and achieve
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 November 2016
Great place to work, fantastic supervisors, freedom to grow with encouragement from management, friendly co workers, hardest part of the job is nil, the most enjoyable part of the job is to see immediate results after investing time and energy on that exercise.
Pros
Nil
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Canada2 October 2016
Expectations are high but we are growing volume & share while reducing costs....fun place to work and great experience. There are plenty of opportunities to advance and with a company this size the only limitation is your availability to relocate.
Great pay, great co workers
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON27 September 2016
I loved working here. I was on a contact and they didn't need me at the end (end of summer/busy season). Pay is phenomenal for the amount of work you do. If you do Route Sales you're making at least 50 grand a year. Drivers make a flat rate of 200/day, my typical day as a driver - I started at 3AM to load my truck, normally finished around 11AM. Some days were 10 hours (which they base your pay on. 4 days a week working, 10/hours a day flat rate). I had maybe 3 11/12 hour days because of long wait times for other trucks to deliver and get out of the bay. I had about 5 days where I was done my delivers and back in shop heading back home and I only worked a total of 5-6 hours (still getting that full days pay feels great!).

As a Route Sales Rep you load your truck, drive to your stores, drop off the chips and merchandise them on to the shelves. Place your order, and go to the next store. You get a flat 8.5% commission on the product you deliver to the store. Typically I was taking home about 850/week on average. Working 8-11 hours a day, 5 days a week. When busy season really started, I got moved to delivery driver. If I was able to stay on as Route Sales Rep during the summer I would have been pulling in about 1400/week after taxes. Some Route Sales Rep guys make 75k a year... to deliver and merchandise chips... not bad. Some days you have to haul but, it's not heavy work, but you have to move fast if you don't want your day to be 14 hours long.

Co workers are awesome, friendly, helpful. You really only see them in the warehouse when you're loading your
  more... truck or at the end of your shift. Management are mostly bright, friendly and helpful. Most of them have been through the ropes so they know what you're dealing with and can empathize.

Hardest part of the job: I'd have to say dealing with your hand held and printer... it can be frustrating when you have to reboot your handheld and waste 15 minutes of your time. As a delivery driver, you have to download your trip - and that normally only takes 25 minutes, so you do that while your loading your truck - no time wasted. But when there's an issue and it takes 2-3 hours to download and you're sitting there for 2 hours or longer waiting for it to finish, and you're not making any more money for your longer day... well... it's frustrating. You don't know if it will finish in 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 3 hours... so you just wait there for it... you don't even want to leave to grab a coffee because 10 seconds after you leave it could finish.

Perks: Pay is great! Easiest money I ever made. I've had jobs working 10 times more physical and made 1/2 as much. I've had jobs in IT using my brain 5X as much and made just a little less than working here. If you get on full time - you have a company pension, flex benefits and RRSP matching.
Pros
Full time get company pension, flex benefits and RRSP matching. Co Coworkers and management are great. Pay is great.
Cons
The occassional long day. Occassional computer programs are frustrating.
Phenomenal Position and Place to Advance Career
Manufacturing Business Unit Leader (Former Employee) –  Kentville, NS25 September 2016
A structured and fast-paced environment that provides an introduction to strategic planning with a strong emphasis on operational execution. "People skills" and cultural sensitivity are at the pinnacle of success in this position.
great
Process Improvement Engineer (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON23 September 2016
Lead appropriate testing, gathered, analyzed process data to improve product quality and reduce costs through line throughput. Worked synergistically with Plant Management, Line Operators, Vendors & Contractors, to develop best solutions to address production challenges, reduce waste and enhance profitability.