Pepsi Bottling Group

Pepsi Bottling Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Weekend and Holiday Job
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Logansport, INNovember 7, 2014
Pros: the management made sure to train you correctly and treat you good.
Cons: only worked weekends and holidays
This job required you to only work weekends and holidays. Usually worked Friday nights all day Saturday and a couple of hours Sunday. You also worked all holidays. Not great hours. The management was very nice and easy to work for. They took the time to train you properly on all aspects of the job. Good place for a first job.
Terrible Management
MEM field technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 5, 2014
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: work/life balance, bad mgt
For one I was lied to in the interview about how many hours I was required to work and was told it would work in a 30 mile radius from my home.......complete BS. Compensation was good but I left a higher paying job because I was told my work load would be a 40 hr work week with 2 days off and turned out to be a lie. Unrealistic expectations did not allow you the time to diagnose and properly fix equip so you were constantly going behind somone on a call back because everyone was putting band aids on it to meet company requirements. I was being sent on jobs without a fully stocked truck even with my inventory was correct they would not replenish parts on my truck. You get sent to a call than have to go back and it puts you behind because they are to cheap to stock your truck correctly. They don't have a parts room so your at the mercy of there parts dept located in another state mail them to you . If your not a family man and want a ton of hours than this is your job but beware of the BS you have to put up with
Great People great opportunities
Merchandiser (Current Employee), bakersfield,caNovember 5, 2014
Hardest part of the job is most likely the consistent 8-12 hours of lifting and pulling product. Other than the borderline over exertion I seriously love my job. People are great, with exception to grouchy managers every now and then, and overall great work environment.
Solid place to work but very chaotic
Route Driver (Former Employee), Columbia, SCNovember 4, 2014
Controlled chaos was the term used by plant manager. Totally agree. It could be overwhelming if you are afraid of hard intense work. Easily worked 60 hours a week.
Good workplace
Express Merchandiser (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 3, 2014
Pros: got to meet good people on the route
Cons: lots of driving
Typical work day, loading and unloading trucks. Learned how to drive forklift. Management was good with the people. Co-workers where team players. The hardest part was driving to the stores at 3am in the morning. the most enjoyable was learning the product.
Love the Culture
Administrative Assistant/ Marketing Manager (Current Employee), Taunton, MAOctober 29, 2014
The culture is what I love most about working here. The people are good and a lot of time is spent working within our communities. The work is challenging but enjoyable. The work life balance is important and flexible.
fun and productive work place, love the promotion give aways
hi - lo warehouse (Former Employee), Howell, MIOctober 28, 2014
Pros: assigned hi-lo
Cons: healthcare
Great place too work lovely people working together as one to get the job in a timely fashion. always run things the correct way no short cuts have to make sure are customers are very satisfied
able to work without close supervision
Driver /Salesman (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDOctober 27, 2014
Pros: able to purchase products at a discount
Fun to drive tractor trailer, long days in the summer, mgmt. drove employees hard - all about the numbers
Divisional Sales Manager
Divisional Sales Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 27, 2014
Key account calls, grocery calls and route delivery. Placed in all sales contests. Entertained buyers.
I am very productive, I just need work to keep me busy.
Secretary, receptionist (Current Employee), Safford AzOctober 27, 2014
Pros: its family owned.
Cons: its my family that ownes it.
I love to work, its what makes me happy. I just need to stay busy and have something to do.
Okay pay but too many hours
DRIVER CDL Class B (Former Employee), Havre de Grace, MDOctober 26, 2014
Pros: nice coworkers and customers (some customers are rude though)
Cons: some days have way too much work for the time given to complete it
I loved this job at first but it seemed that the longer I worked there things got worse.They pay you by how many cases you deliver so your pay changes with the seasons. Most days I would deliver 400 cases with around 12 stops. A typical work day is 5am to 5pm but its hard work. You have to hustle the whole time or you will be out all day. Newly hired drivers get the worst routes because they get last pic for routes in the morning. They fired a long time employee without a warning for a something petty. Not recommended for someone older with a family.
Good place to work , pay was ok management was a little difficult to work for .
Delivery Route Driver (Former Employee), Sedalia, MOOctober 24, 2014
Pros: pay and benifits were good.
Cons: company management was hard to work for.
Good equipment to operate, good pay , they had several parties a year for the employees.
close to home and my first real job
Blender Operator (Former Employee), Reserve, LAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: free drinks
Cons: the pay
It was a hot envoriment,I got a chance to get introduce to teem work, my co-workers were very helpful in leading me in the right direction, the hardest part of my job was the maintance repair,what Ienjoy most of the job was the knowledge I consume as a young man
Fun driving around meeting new people, serving them, making them happy
Driver class A CDL (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 21, 2014
start at 5 am, pick up your manifest hand held and printer. pre trip your truck start it up and proceed to gate check out. follow your manifest with every store you have to hit and go do your job.
Great job, horrible company
Fountain Install (Current Employee), Little Rock, ArOctober 21, 2014
Pros: pay is ok, some skills can be used outside the company for better employment
Cons: communication- accountability- overall moral
This company is very poorly managed. Internal communication is poor and there is no accountability. The pay is good, but not a long term career choice.
RaceTrac
Utility Line Driver (Former Employee), Red Oak TexasOctober 17, 2014
Pros: helping customers
Cons: compensation
I liked Racetrac, I enjoyed assisting customers. I worked hard to maintain a neat work environment. I also helped in keeping up with the inventory and ordering of product.
Good money poor management
Bulk Sales Representative (Former Employee), Augusta, GAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: poor management
the job was good money up until last year when i took a $40,000 paycut. Instead of the ceo who makes 16,000,000 a year taking a pay cut you have to take from the working man who makes this company who it is today!!
Productive work place with catered meals.
Bulk Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Auburn, MEOctober 16, 2014
Multiple stops at supermarket chains. Building a repore with customers. Friendly interaction with other vendors and companys.
OK Job.... Work is hard on your body
Merchandiser (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: dont see bosses everyday, work by yourself
Cons: hard work, store managers
Decent job, as a merchandiser my day consists of going to about 7 large format stores and placing pepsi products on the shelves. Not a bad job because you can practically work as long as want but it is hard work. ITs easy to get stuck at this job because they pay you just enough to keep you but advancement is a longshot unless your a female.
Awesome Company
Small Format Relief Representative (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 14, 2014
Great place to network and intern! CoWorkers are nice. Typical day is face paced. Hardest part is waking up early.

About Pepsi Bottling Group

The Pepsi Bottling Group, Inc. (PBG) is a wholly owned subsidiary of PepsiCo, Inc. PBG operates carbonated soft drinks and other – Read more

Pepsi Bottling Group Photos