Pepsi Bottling Group
1,061 reviews

Pepsi Bottling Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
A good paying job with little chance for advancement.
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOOctober 1, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, plenty of work, good pay
Cons: negative treatment of the employees, caustic environment that promoted bare minimum performance to avoid trouble.
I worked in the quality control department. It was my job to ensure everything from air quality to final product met or exceeded company standards.
I learned that sometimes management does not really want to hear about what is wrong.
This company does not like to promote from with in. They like to hire people in the higher ranks with a college degree – more... and no experience. When I first started working there independent thinking and team work were encouraged. It was important to find a problem and solve that problem to prevent it from happening again, however, in the later years of my employ finger pointing became much more important. Management took the form of more of a policing agency as opposed to team captains. This treatment caused most employees to do the bare minimum just to keep from sticking their neck out and getting in trouble. Co-workers constantly feared for their jobs.
I worked with some really great, smart, wonderful, hard working people who will be life long friends.
The hardest part of the job were the long hours and the treatment of the employees from management. Your opinions are not important, your ideas for improvement are not considered, and your concerns are not valid.
The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers, the work itself, and the pay with ample opportunities for overtime and very little down time (always something to do). – less
Fun workplace.
Production Associate (Former Employee), Fresno, CASeptember 21, 2014
Pros: free drinks
Cons: n/a
Other than having to do repetitive work everything was to my liking.
Hard work
Merchandiser, Warehouse, Route Truck Loader (Former Employee), Moundsville, WVSeptember 19, 2014
It was OK. Was way underpaid for what I was in charge of. Did three peoples jobs but got paid for one.
Just an ok kind of job. Could be better!
Merchandiser (Former Employee), South Bend, INSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: being on your own with little supervision.
Cons: no benefits for part-time employees that work over 30 hours a week, there is a pay difference if your part-time compared to full-time employees.
A typical day at work was starting out around 6 A.M. and finishing up around 2 or 3 P.M. getting Pepsi Products and stocking the shelves, coolers, and displays until filled also maintaining the backroom where the Pepsi Products are. The hardest part of the job was having to pull the full skids of Pepsi Products onto the store floor. They can get heavy. – more... What makes it even more horrible was using a bad jack then your working twice as hard. Co-Workers weren't that bad. They were always willing to help. Management was just ok, they could have been better. Receivers and Grocery Store Managers are terrible. They are very cranky and rude to you. There really wasn't anything enjoyable about the job. It's just a job and that's it. – less
Tough Environment
Sales Zone Director (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: no work life balance and struggles to change the demand of the business from its managers.
Has great compensation, but little reward for success. Business is always changing whether employees want it or not.
Merchandiser
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Lawton, OKSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: got a lot of exercise
Cons: pay was low for the amount of work being done.
Go to multiple stores and bring stock forward to the floor. Load shelves and take excess back to warehouse.
fun enviorment to work in
Merchandiser / Sales Assistant (Current Employee), Burlington, VTSeptember 16, 2014
I enjoyed interacting with differeent managers and co-workers at each store I went to.
Property Management
Pricing Coordinator DVU (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PASeptember 11, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: limited job advancement
I enjoyed working everyday. I had a great boss - Director of Operations. My colleagues were fabulous. I had a baby during my time here and the benefits were great and I had plenty of support while pregnant.
Good company
Financial Planner (Former Employee), New YorkSeptember 10, 2014
Excellent people
Process efective
Great job cultutr
people resutl driving
Good company, good benefits
Data Entry (Former Employee), La Crosse, WISeptember 9, 2014
In a typical work day, I would process payments, take sales orders, and help customers with billing errors. The hardest part of the job was a lot of interruptions. The most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers.
Energetic and fun atmosphere
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Ocala, FLSeptember 4, 2014
Delivered and stocked shelves, rotated product, inventory, shipping/receiving. Getting to meet new people and converse with customers was very exciting.
Demanding to say the LEAST
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Seattle, WASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: overtime pay, benefits
Cons: overtime hours, management
It's expected that you work overtime hours. LOTS of them. Sure, they pay you for the overtime hours, but what good is it if you can't find time to spend it? And even though you dedicate your whole life to the company and pay in to disability and insurance etc... If you get hurt, they basically brush you aside until they can get rid of you all together – more... and leave you with nothing.

They're a horrible company who preferred to hire college grads to be managers as opposed to hiring from within, even if you had years of experience, a good record with all your customers and a degree.

The co-workers were good people for the most part, but after years of being treated so poorly, many of them would stop giving back/working more than the bare minimum and it was put down onto the people who filled in on their days off to clean up the mess they'd leave.

Its difficult to choose a hardest part of the job. There were very few good things in the regular day-to-day work. – less
Work load very heavy
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Riverside, CASeptember 3, 2014
Pros: days start super early
Cons: long hour days
I enjoyed my job but you have to be strong to do it. Pulling heavy pallets and building large displays. It gets easier over time but the days are long days because you don't go home until all of your stores are done. That could mean working 12 - 16 hr days
good place to start
front line (Former Employee), Latham, NYSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: management
great place to gain knowledge of different aspects of business
great people, great atmosphere, overall good place to be.
CDL driver (Current Employee), Knoxville, TNSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: good pay good hours
Cons: hard work
I love working at Pepsi. I the work is rewarding and I like the management.
Terrible management
Geo-Box delivery driver (Former Employee), Tyler, TXSeptember 1, 2014
Overall decent experience, after 4 years though I wouldn't recommend anyone to work there
Good luck
D bay driver (Current Employee), Bowling green kyAugust 30, 2014
Pros: union benefits, job security
Cons: no time for lunch breaks could pay more for the type of work put in
Be prepared to work your butt off average 15 stops a day,and 590 cases a day may not seem like a lot but your averaging 12hrs a day.the pay doesn't add up for the amount of work you will put average 600 ish a week on a good week.
careless management
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Youngstown, OHAugust 30, 2014
Pros: lots of free stuff
Cons: poor work atmosphere, terrible coworkers, noncompetitive wages, poor advancement opportunities
Coworkers (which are also union brothers) hold no sense of loyalty or privacy with one another. Every little thing that is wrong is reported to management which is not how a union is supposed to operate. The management will make you feel like everything is good and there are no problem then they will pull you into a stores parking lot and fire you. – more... I do not recommend this job to anyone. If one person doesnt like you, they will find ways to get you terminated.
insurance and benefits are WAY to expensive for the light wages. Other companies doing the same job get paid more money while doing less work. – less
LOVE THIS PALCE
Inventory Clerk/Warehouse Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Riviera Beach, FLAugust 28, 2014
Pros: people
THE BEST PLACE I HAVE EVER WORKED
I MISS IT THEY TREAT YOU GOOD THERE
Good company
Bay driver/Bulk Acct Rep (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXAugust 27, 2014
Great work environment for self paced self motivated individual.

About Pepsi Bottling Group

The Pepsi Bottling Group, Inc. (PBG) is a wholly owned subsidiary of PepsiCo, Inc. PBG operates carbonated soft drinks and other – Read more

Pepsi Bottling Group Photos