Pepsi Bottling Group

Pepsi Bottling Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
hard work but fun
Route Sales Driver (Former Employee), Rolla, MONovember 28, 2014
long days, good management, great coworkers, low pay for as hard as you work, great not working in an office and staring at the same four walls
Great Job
Delivery Route Driver (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 28, 2014
It was a very good job, I enjoyed coming to work everyday, there was always something new to expect throughout the day. My managers were cool and as long as I got my job done they were fine with everything that I did. The hardest part of the job was never knowing what to expect at a delivery. I most enjoyed driving and going to different places seeing – more... new things and helping out the customers the most. – less
Fun place to work employees are fun to be around it reminds me of a frat house
Forklift Operator/Night Loading (Former Employee), Munster, INNovember 25, 2014
Pros: great pay$$$, free pop or water on holidays to take home, they always give us free meals for doing good work
Cons: management pretends like they care but they don't only care about the company not the employees, gets stressful at times
Easy work once you get use to it didn't have a set time off tho so my schedule was 4pm till finish. Could be 12:30am 8 hours or the latest I got out was 8:30am just depending on the work load & how many people picking in that day. Also you gotta account if anybody called off or leave work early that adds more work time I know it sounds like a lot but – more... if you about making money this is the job. My first year I made $60,000 no lie a lot of overtime to get that but it was worth it I rather make money then sit at home doing nothing. Your job title is Forklift Operator but you start off as a picker which is hard at first cause you don't know where everything is in the warehouse. You riding on a walkie rider which can be scary at first if you never rode one. You have to pick a certain amount of cases per hour, which is easy for some but the job not for everyone. The employees I work with was the best worked with all guys in the nightloading department we was like brothers, we all went out together bars, clubs, and the strip club. Worked out every night after work, took turns driving out for lunch. Thats the type of guys you wanna work with. But its not gonna be a lot of family time like that so if you married or have a girlfriend get use to her not believing you always at work. But since you at work all the time you won't have time to spend money like that so you will have money in the bank thats the bright side but bids come up all the time so you won't have to be in the nightloading position long. – less
It has its good days and bad days
Large Format Sales Representative (Current Employee), Youngwood, PANovember 24, 2014
Pros: freedom to get your job done in timely manner, decent work enviroment
Cons: advancement not fullfilled
My immediate manager is awesome and would work with you to get the job done. Typical day is getting up by 5 am and doing my stores by getting product out inventory and write and order for next day.

Conversing with Co-workers on ideas and strategies. Really hardest part of the job is the long term physical strain it places on someone's body. Other than – more... that the job is full filling and you get to meet interesting people. – less
Great co workers
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Portland, MeNovember 20, 2014
Good Management and atmosphere to get things accomplished
Be ready for long days and hard work if you are a delivery driver.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 20, 2014
Pros: day 1 benefits, free drinks. working on your own.
Cons: pay, long work hours, training. no advancement opportunity
Being a delivery driver isn't a job for everyone. The job requires long hours an being at work between 4 am to 6 am everyday. Working for Pepsi, most of there routes are setup for 12 to 14 hour days because they are so short handed.

For my time there, I heard of roughly 15 quitting. Most because of the long hours and the pay. Pepsi pays there delivery – more... drivers like they are sales reps. After training, you are paid $570 a week base and .10 1/2 per case you deliver. During training you will ride with an experienced driver for maybe 5 days then you will work what they call a Geo route which is mainly 7/11's and On Que's. You will be on these routes until they have all of your access for the handheld ready to run on your own. I felt sorry for one the delivery driver managers Chris because he was always having to deal with people calling in or not showing up.

Pepsi has a lot of product they deliver so be ready. They deliver Sobe, Lipton, Starbucks. Rockstar Energy and Gatorade outside of the regular Pepsi products. The invoices for products are abbreviated so it will be rough figuring out what is what. Also you have to check your truck before noon daily and call in any shortages. If you do not, Pepsi will charge you for the missing product.

Advancement opportunities will not happen until you have been there for at least 6 months. At that point you can apply for anything within Pepsico. Locally, there isn't room to advance unless someone quits are gets fired and hope that management doesn't have someone else lined up for that position.

Most of the complaints I heard from customers was about the Pepsi sales reps. The biggest complaint was that no one ever saw a sales rep and when they got there deliveries they always got product that they didn't need and most of the time, it would get refused. So remember, if you don't deliver product, you are missing out on $$$.

The complaints from drivers besides long hours is that certain places you deliver to do not stock product and wait on the delivery driver to do it. Here in Oklahoma, that was mainly 7 eleven's. 90% of these stops, you would be there for at least 2 hrs stocking because none of there employees would stock and if it was one of the newer 7 eleven's, you would be there longer. I now that 2 drivers quit because they didn't want to have to deal with 7 elevens again.

The benefits are decent and the fact that they are active day 1 is a plus. You do get free water and Gatorade daily. As long as you gave managers notice, they would work with you on getting time off. At least once a month, Pepsi will have food delivered for the drivers, which was nice. You do get paid weekly which is a plus.

I think that if Pepsi did there training differently and switched there drivers over to an hourly wage, more people would stay. I liked working there and I wasn't happy that I had to leave but I had to do what was best for me at the time. – less
Enjoyed it while it lasted
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Newport News, VANovember 19, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: no lunch break, managers, crazy hours, expected too much, no life
The money was great, however, I didn't have a life. Some days, I would work from 5AM in the morning until 7PM at night. My manager rode my back 24-7, he micromanaged like there was no tomorrow.
Bay Delivery (Current Employee), Oklahoma City, OKNovember 19, 2014
Pepsi as a company is a great place to work. But as far as local facilities go, problems arise that do not get solved for a long term solution.
Typical start time is 5am and you continue to work until your assigned day is completed. Typically that varies from 2pm to 8pm.
I have learned a balance between company happiness and customer happiness. I have – more... also learned the extreme difference between momentary fixed, band aids on problems, and long term solutions.
Co workers are very hard working people, but are limited by their circumstances.
The hardest part of the job is the long, unpredictable hours. – less
Fast paced and fun job
Merchandiser Manager / Sales and Reset (Former Employee), Cherryville, NCNovember 17, 2014
PPG is a fast paced and fun job. The management and supervisors are great people. It is a demanding job that is very labor intensive. You meet plenty of diverse people on a daily basis.
Tough job, descent pay
Salesman (Former Employee), Springdale, ARNovember 14, 2014
Can be a very stressful and physically taxing job, but salaries are comparatively good.
Decent experience, but the pay really could be improved
Dbay truck driver (Former Employee), Columbia, SCNovember 13, 2014
Pros: management communication, valuable experience, free gatorade buffet
Cons: underpaid for the word, mixed bag of customers
I worked at Pepsi and it was wasn't perfect, but then again, what is. The hours can be long, but once you get into a groove, you can definitely become more efficient and find ways to get home earlier while also making all of your deliveries. My pay was about 12.80 an hour and I definitely felt waaay underpaid for the amount of work. <y location was – more... especially understaffed due to the high turnover rate and that just made things especially more complicated. Management was not very organized, but they did a good job dealing with the understandably disgruntled customer accounts. I definitely would've stayed longer but, unfortunately, I was let go after an accident where one of my hand trucks on the back of the trailer damaged the back of a parked car in a cramped dollar general parking lot. I was within my probationary period at the time so it was an automatic termination. My supervisors really understood the situation and worked hard to keep me, but someone higher up at a desk a couple hundred miles away pushed the button and had me snuffed out.

All in all, it wasn't perfect by any means, but I kind of enjoyed learning the in's and out's of distributions and customer relations. Definitely valuable expirience for me as a 22 year old hoping to make my own way soon – less
Excellent Company to work with
Executive Assistant to Director of Human Resources (Former Employee), Manila, PhilippinesNovember 12, 2014
My first job out of college. I've learned a lot from this company. Started as a Secretary to the Manufacturing Manager and promoted as Executive Assistant to the Director of Human Resources. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to participate in sales campaign, movie stars commercials/ads and travel. Great management team.
part time job
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Nampa, IDNovember 11, 2014
Pros: good hours, decent pay for the job
Cons: not enough hours available
I was only here for about 5 months. The people I worked with were great and so was the management.
great job stability
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Riverside, CANovember 11, 2014
Pros: great pay
liked starting early and finishing the day early
liked traveling to different stores
na
Quality Lab Technician (Current Employee), detroitNovember 10, 2014
good pay but no chance for advancement and I would look elsewhere for advancement.
Great selling experience
Account Sales Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, MONovember 9, 2014
An opportunity to utilize selling skills. A small company with a good culture
Weekend and Holiday Job
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Logansport, INNovember 7, 2014
Pros: the management made sure to train you correctly and treat you good.
Cons: only worked weekends and holidays
This job required you to only work weekends and holidays. Usually worked Friday nights all day Saturday and a couple of hours Sunday. You also worked all holidays. Not great hours. The management was very nice and easy to work for. They took the time to train you properly on all aspects of the job. Good place for a first job.
Terrible Management
MEM field technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 5, 2014
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: work/life balance, bad mgt
For one I was lied to in the interview about how many hours I was required to work and was told it would work in a 30 mile radius from my home.......complete BS. Compensation was good but I left a higher paying job because I was told my work load would be a 40 hr work week with 2 days off and turned out to be a lie. Unrealistic expectations did not – more... allow you the time to diagnose and properly fix equip so you were constantly going behind somone on a call back because everyone was putting band aids on it to meet company requirements. I was being sent on jobs without a fully stocked truck even with my inventory was correct they would not replenish parts on my truck. You get sent to a call than have to go back and it puts you behind because they are to cheap to stock your truck correctly. They don't have a parts room so your at the mercy of there parts dept located in another state mail them to you . If your not a family man and want a ton of hours than this is your job but beware of the BS you have to put up with – less
Great People great opportunities
Merchandiser (Current Employee), bakersfield,caNovember 5, 2014
Hardest part of the job is most likely the consistent 8-12 hours of lifting and pulling product. Other than the borderline over exertion I seriously love my job. People are great, with exception to grouchy managers every now and then, and overall great work environment.
Solid place to work but very chaotic
Route Driver (Former Employee), Columbia, SCNovember 4, 2014
Controlled chaos was the term used by plant manager. Totally agree. It could be overwhelming if you are afraid of hard intense work. Easily worked 60 hours a week.

About Pepsi Bottling Group

The Pepsi Bottling Group, Inc. (PBG) is a wholly owned subsidiary of PepsiCo, Inc. PBG operates carbonated soft drinks and other – Read more

Pepsi Bottling Group Photos