Pepsi Bottling Group

Pepsi Bottling Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Divisional Sales Manager
Divisional Sales Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 27, 2014
Key account calls, grocery calls and route delivery. Placed in all sales contests. Entertained buyers.
I am very productive, I just need work to keep me busy.
Secretary, receptionist (Current Employee), Safford AzOctober 27, 2014
Pros: its family owned.
Cons: its my family that ownes it.
I love to work, its what makes me happy. I just need to stay busy and have something to do.
Okay pay but too many hours
DRIVER CDL Class B (Former Employee), Havre de Grace, MDOctober 26, 2014
Pros: nice coworkers and customers (some customers are rude though)
Cons: some days have way too much work for the time given to complete it
I loved this job at first but it seemed that the longer I worked there things got worse.They pay you by how many cases you deliver so your pay changes with the seasons. Most days I would deliver 400 cases with around 12 stops. A typical work day is 5am to 5pm but its hard work. You have to hustle the whole time or you will be out all day. Newly hired – more... drivers get the worst routes because they get last pic for routes in the morning. They fired a long time employee without a warning for a something petty. Not recommended for someone older with a family. – less
Good place to work , pay was ok management was a little difficult to work for .
Delivery Route Driver (Former Employee), Sedalia, MOOctober 24, 2014
Pros: pay and benifits were good.
Cons: company management was hard to work for.
Good equipment to operate, good pay , they had several parties a year for the employees.
close to home and my first real job
Blender Operator (Former Employee), Reserve, LAOctober 22, 2014
Pros: free drinks
Cons: the pay
It was a hot envoriment,I got a chance to get introduce to teem work, my co-workers were very helpful in leading me in the right direction, the hardest part of my job was the maintance repair,what Ienjoy most of the job was the knowledge I consume as a young man
Fun driving around meeting new people, serving them, making them happy
Driver class A CDL (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 21, 2014
start at 5 am, pick up your manifest hand held and printer. pre trip your truck start it up and proceed to gate check out. follow your manifest with every store you have to hit and go do your job.
Great job, horrible company
Fountain Install (Current Employee), Little Rock, ArOctober 21, 2014
Pros: pay is ok, some skills can be used outside the company for better employment
Cons: communication- accountability- overall moral
This company is very poorly managed. Internal communication is poor and there is no accountability. The pay is good, but not a long term career choice.
RaceTrac
Utility Line Driver (Former Employee), Red Oak TexasOctober 17, 2014
Pros: helping customers
Cons: compensation
I liked Racetrac, I enjoyed assisting customers. I worked hard to maintain a neat work environment. I also helped in keeping up with the inventory and ordering of product.
Good money poor management
Bulk Sales Representative (Former Employee), Augusta, GAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: poor management
the job was good money up until last year when i took a $40,000 paycut. Instead of the ceo who makes 16,000,000 a year taking a pay cut you have to take from the working man who makes this company who it is today!!
Productive work place with catered meals.
Bulk Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Auburn, MEOctober 16, 2014
Multiple stops at supermarket chains. Building a repore with customers. Friendly interaction with other vendors and companys.
OK Job.... Work is hard on your body
Merchandiser (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: dont see bosses everyday, work by yourself
Cons: hard work, store managers
Decent job, as a merchandiser my day consists of going to about 7 large format stores and placing pepsi products on the shelves. Not a bad job because you can practically work as long as want but it is hard work. ITs easy to get stuck at this job because they pay you just enough to keep you but advancement is a longshot unless your a female.
Awesome Company
Small Format Relief Representative (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 14, 2014
Great place to network and intern! CoWorkers are nice. Typical day is face paced. Hardest part is waking up early.
Good work place, excellent benefits
Transport Assurance Technician (TAT) (Current Employee), Wytheville, VAOctober 12, 2014
Pros: uniforms provided with safety shoes
I checked in/out tractor trailer loads of product and supplies. Worked rotating 12-hour shifts with a 30-minute lunch break, (unpaid). Drivers would sign their paperwork and I would check their trailers for loaded product/dunnage. Sometimes a very fast-pace work place and then other time a slower pace.
Long hours for minimal pay and have to deal with annoying store managers.
bay delivery (Former Employee), Orlando flOctober 7, 2014
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: long hrs low pay and annoying store managers.
I worked as a bay delivery driver out of the Orlando branch.The hours was long and the pay was very minimal(usually you can average 650.00 a week after taxes)working 60 hrs per week.On top of that you have to pull orders from the bay truck in pouring down rain and then go inside to deal with annoying store managers.I would not recommend anyone here.
A place that needs alot of change
Account Sales Manager (Former Employee), Beloit, WIOctober 7, 2014
Pros: competition
Cons: no home time
Pepsi was purchased as I was advancing. They decided my position was not needed. After I left, they re-created the position when they realized how important it was.
1st job out of high school
Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee), Moonachie, NJOctober 5, 2014
Pros: free merchandise
Cons: nothing
driving around
how to become a salesperson
knowledgeable
friendly
nothing
working with my friend
A good paying job with little chance for advancement.
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOOctober 1, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, plenty of work, good pay
Cons: negative treatment of the employees, caustic environment that promoted bare minimum performance to avoid trouble.
I worked in the quality control department. It was my job to ensure everything from air quality to final product met or exceeded company standards.
I learned that sometimes management does not really want to hear about what is wrong.
This company does not like to promote from with in. They like to hire people in the higher ranks with a college degree – more... and no experience. When I first started working there independent thinking and team work were encouraged. It was important to find a problem and solve that problem to prevent it from happening again, however, in the later years of my employ finger pointing became much more important. Management took the form of more of a policing agency as opposed to team captains. This treatment caused most employees to do the bare minimum just to keep from sticking their neck out and getting in trouble. Co-workers constantly feared for their jobs.
I worked with some really great, smart, wonderful, hard working people who will be life long friends.
The hardest part of the job were the long hours and the treatment of the employees from management. Your opinions are not important, your ideas for improvement are not considered, and your concerns are not valid.
The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers, the work itself, and the pay with ample opportunities for overtime and very little down time (always something to do). – less
Fun workplace.
Production Associate (Former Employee), Fresno, CASeptember 21, 2014
Pros: free drinks
Cons: n/a
Other than having to do repetitive work everything was to my liking.
Hard work
Merchandiser, Warehouse, Route Truck Loader (Former Employee), Moundsville, WVSeptember 19, 2014
It was OK. Was way underpaid for what I was in charge of. Did three peoples jobs but got paid for one.
Just an ok kind of job. Could be better!
Merchandiser (Former Employee), South Bend, INSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: being on your own with little supervision.
Cons: no benefits for part-time employees that work over 30 hours a week, there is a pay difference if your part-time compared to full-time employees.
A typical day at work was starting out around 6 A.M. and finishing up around 2 or 3 P.M. getting Pepsi Products and stocking the shelves, coolers, and displays until filled also maintaining the backroom where the Pepsi Products are. The hardest part of the job was having to pull the full skids of Pepsi Products onto the store floor. They can get heavy. – more... What makes it even more horrible was using a bad jack then your working twice as hard. Co-Workers weren't that bad. They were always willing to help. Management was just ok, they could have been better. Receivers and Grocery Store Managers are terrible. They are very cranky and rude to you. There really wasn't anything enjoyable about the job. It's just a job and that's it. – less

About Pepsi Bottling Group

The Pepsi Bottling Group, Inc. (PBG) is a wholly owned subsidiary of PepsiCo, Inc. PBG operates carbonated soft drinks and other – Read more

Pepsi Bottling Group Photos