Pepsi Bottling Group

Pepsi Bottling Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
High Energy, Lots of Great People
DISTRIBUTION AND MERCHANDISING MANAGER (Former Employee), LondonJuly 22, 2012
Having worked through many areas of the company I can truthfully say it was an amazing experience to learn the operation from the ground up. Advancement opportunities are readily available to employees who want to be successful and put the effort in to their job.

Fast paced and innovative it was very difficult to grow bored. A culture that is very – more... passionate about results and driving growth in a competitive market, Pepsi was a great place to learn and develop, Really a sales culture that thrives on healthy competition in and out of the office in a very ethical and responsible manner. Work/Home life balance is what you make of it in any job, but Pepsi can definitely be a challenging environment in that aspect if you let it. The culture while exciting and friendly, can be exhausting and overwhelming if you let it.

Great place to work! – less
Office work
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Trenton, ONJuly 4, 2012
Pros: i was trusted
Cons: it was only a co-op placement
I was a CO-OP student and I was an office assistant. I faxed,photocopied and filed items. Everyone was amazing and I loved coming to work everyday. My boss was sweet and taught me a lot.
good job
merchandiser&driver (Former Employee), Nanaimo, BCJune 12, 2012
was a good job but a car accident put me out of work for 3 yrs and they didnt have anything they could put me to work at until i could return back to regular duites
Dream Workplace
Marketing Equipment Management System Assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 17, 2012
This is the dream place that I want to work for. Everything is terrific.
Good company to work for with lots of work in the summer.
Pepsi Merchandiser (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 26, 2012
Pros: work is done when you are done you work.
Cons: lots of driving with personal vehicle.
This job is great if you are focused and can work alone but in team if it comes up. Organisation is important and self motivation as well. If you are looking for a fast paced job but most of your experience is in retail, stocking shelves then this is a good step up. If you prove yourself they are willing to help you move up in the company to higher – more... positions. The pay is good, just be prepared to work weekends and travel around to the different stores in your own vehicle. – less
Fun driving around meeting new people, serving them, making them happy
Driver class A CDL (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXOctober 21, 2014
start at 5 am, pick up your manifest hand held and printer. pre trip your truck start it up and proceed to gate check out. follow your manifest with every store you have to hit and go do your job.
Great job, horrible company
Fountain Install (Current Employee), Little Rock, ArOctober 21, 2014
Pros: pay is ok, some skills can be used outside the company for better employment
Cons: communication- accountability- overall moral
This company is very poorly managed. Internal communication is poor and there is no accountability. The pay is good, but not a long term career choice.
RaceTrac
Utility Line Driver (Former Employee), Red Oak TexasOctober 17, 2014
Pros: helping customers
Cons: compensation
I liked Racetrac, I enjoyed assisting customers. I worked hard to maintain a neat work environment. I also helped in keeping up with the inventory and ordering of product.
Good money poor management
Bulk Sales Representative (Former Employee), Augusta, GAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: good money
Cons: poor management
the job was good money up until last year when i took a $40,000 paycut. Instead of the ceo who makes 16,000,000 a year taking a pay cut you have to take from the working man who makes this company who it is today!!
Productive work place with catered meals.
Bulk Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Auburn, MEOctober 16, 2014
Multiple stops at supermarket chains. Building a repore with customers. Friendly interaction with other vendors and companys.
OK Job.... Work is hard on your body
Merchandiser (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAOctober 15, 2014
Pros: dont see bosses everyday, work by yourself
Cons: hard work, store managers
Decent job, as a merchandiser my day consists of going to about 7 large format stores and placing pepsi products on the shelves. Not a bad job because you can practically work as long as want but it is hard work. ITs easy to get stuck at this job because they pay you just enough to keep you but advancement is a longshot unless your a female.
Awesome Company
Small Format Relief Representative (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 14, 2014
Great place to network and intern! CoWorkers are nice. Typical day is face paced. Hardest part is waking up early.
Good work place, excellent benefits
Transport Assurance Technician (TAT) (Current Employee), Wytheville, VAOctober 12, 2014
Pros: uniforms provided with safety shoes
I checked in/out tractor trailer loads of product and supplies. Worked rotating 12-hour shifts with a 30-minute lunch break, (unpaid). Drivers would sign their paperwork and I would check their trailers for loaded product/dunnage. Sometimes a very fast-pace work place and then other time a slower pace.
Long hours for minimal pay and have to deal with annoying store managers.
bay delivery (Former Employee), Orlando flOctober 7, 2014
Pros: decent benefits
Cons: long hrs low pay and annoying store managers.
I worked as a bay delivery driver out of the Orlando branch.The hours was long and the pay was very minimal(usually you can average 650.00 a week after taxes)working 60 hrs per week.On top of that you have to pull orders from the bay truck in pouring down rain and then go inside to deal with annoying store managers.I would not recommend anyone here.
A place that needs alot of change
Account Sales Manager (Former Employee), Beloit, WIOctober 7, 2014
Pros: competition
Cons: no home time
Pepsi was purchased as I was advancing. They decided my position was not needed. After I left, they re-created the position when they realized how important it was.
1st job out of high school
Merchandise Coordinator (Former Employee), Moonachie, NJOctober 5, 2014
Pros: free merchandise
Cons: nothing
driving around
how to become a salesperson
knowledgeable
friendly
nothing
working with my friend
A good paying job with little chance for advancement.
Lab Technician (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOOctober 1, 2014
Pros: great co-workers, plenty of work, good pay
Cons: negative treatment of the employees, caustic environment that promoted bare minimum performance to avoid trouble.
I worked in the quality control department. It was my job to ensure everything from air quality to final product met or exceeded company standards.
I learned that sometimes management does not really want to hear about what is wrong.
This company does not like to promote from with in. They like to hire people in the higher ranks with a college degree – more... and no experience. When I first started working there independent thinking and team work were encouraged. It was important to find a problem and solve that problem to prevent it from happening again, however, in the later years of my employ finger pointing became much more important. Management took the form of more of a policing agency as opposed to team captains. This treatment caused most employees to do the bare minimum just to keep from sticking their neck out and getting in trouble. Co-workers constantly feared for their jobs.
I worked with some really great, smart, wonderful, hard working people who will be life long friends.
The hardest part of the job were the long hours and the treatment of the employees from management. Your opinions are not important, your ideas for improvement are not considered, and your concerns are not valid.
The most enjoyable part of the job was my co-workers, the work itself, and the pay with ample opportunities for overtime and very little down time (always something to do). – less
Fun workplace.
Production Associate (Former Employee), Fresno, CASeptember 21, 2014
Pros: free drinks
Cons: n/a
Other than having to do repetitive work everything was to my liking.
Hard work
Merchandiser, Warehouse, Route Truck Loader (Former Employee), Moundsville, WVSeptember 19, 2014
It was OK. Was way underpaid for what I was in charge of. Did three peoples jobs but got paid for one.
Just an ok kind of job. Could be better!
Merchandiser (Former Employee), South Bend, INSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: being on your own with little supervision.
Cons: no benefits for part-time employees that work over 30 hours a week, there is a pay difference if your part-time compared to full-time employees.
A typical day at work was starting out around 6 A.M. and finishing up around 2 or 3 P.M. getting Pepsi Products and stocking the shelves, coolers, and displays until filled also maintaining the backroom where the Pepsi Products are. The hardest part of the job was having to pull the full skids of Pepsi Products onto the store floor. They can get heavy. – more... What makes it even more horrible was using a bad jack then your working twice as hard. Co-Workers weren't that bad. They were always willing to help. Management was just ok, they could have been better. Receivers and Grocery Store Managers are terrible. They are very cranky and rude to you. There really wasn't anything enjoyable about the job. It's just a job and that's it. – less

About Pepsi Bottling Group

The Pepsi Bottling Group, Inc. (PBG) is a wholly owned subsidiary of PepsiCo, Inc. PBG operates carbonated soft drinks and other – Read more

Pepsi Bottling Group Photos