Peoples Jewellers Employee Reviews

High costumer service
Diamond certified (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 July 2017
They always provide high costumer service , high quality Diamonds, and with 10 or 14 k gold, it's been 7 years working with this company and I always enjoyed and loved working with.
Educational
Jewellery Consultant (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK21 April 2017
While working at Peoples Jewellers I received excellent education about the jewellery world. It was very diverse and intriguing.
Thank you for the fun experiences. However, full time jobs were not an option at my location and time.
fun plae to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 April 2017
my first job out of high school learned all about fashion jewellery gold and diamonds, watches china and other fine things. made many friends loved working in the office
Pros
friends
Great Management
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB5 April 2017
Loved learning knew things everyday about diamonds and all other stones. Realising there is a lot of people don't know about what they are buying and how they are actually made.
Sucks
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  nonye;r business14 March 2017
When the company was Canadian owned it was great. Zales bought them out and it was pretty bad and now Signet bought it and is killing it slowly by cutting commissions, raising targets, no raises and tripling work load while short staffed. Worse everyday. Run like a true American company in Canada!!!!!!!
Hate it now!
Pros
Going home at the end of the day
Cons
low wages, retail hours, high targets low commisions
Interesting place to work.
OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 February 2017
I had many different duties which kept me busy all day long.
The people are friendly and cooperative.
I enjoyed working Monday to Friday.
I enjoyed staying busy all the time.
Fun workplace
Jewellery Consultant (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK5 January 2017
I loved working for Peoples Jewellers for two years. It was just time to advance to a company that was going to allow for further opportunities. The one downfall for working for the company was they allowed for very little family-work balance.
Cons
No family-life work balance
Productive and can work with less supervision
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  Millwoods Town Centre Edmonton Alberta19 December 2016
Having a good work experience in this kind of industry makes you to be knowledgeable and professional person to everyone..
A lot of modals learning different Jewellry.
Jewellry consultant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 September 2016
Like to enjoy working and people I work with. Had that at People's for the most part. Many things changed when signet took over, and not for the better. I still enjoy meeting up with the staff.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
No longer enjoying going to work.
Overall a good place to work
Store Administrator/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 August 2016
A lot of KPIs, policies, structures - try not to worry about the commission aspect and focus on customer service.
Consistent training, however not too many options for advancement.
Pros
Helping clients create memories
Cons
Retail hours
great place
Store Administrator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 July 2016
Loved my job. The staff was awesome and I enjoyed doing the admin duties and receiving stock. I liked that I was able to work alone as well as with others.
Pros
was a day job
Cons
some cranky customers
was great
Jewellery Consultant (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK27 June 2016
it was seasonal i gained a lot of experience while working at peoples jewellers. the management was really friendly and helpful with anything but coworkers made this job a bit difficult because of competition with commision.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
other employees would hate you if u get big sales = more commission
jewelery consultant
Jewellery Consultant (Current Employee) –  Timmins, ON11 June 2016
I have great coworkers and our guest are amazing. I love hearing there stories. I am always looking to improve my customer service.
Good place to grow
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON1 June 2016
I had an excellent experience with Peoples, I worked there for four years and I grow from sales to store manager. At the store we created a good atmosphere and humor, staff was happy and pleasant.
Pros
Possibilities of advancement
Cons
Job Work/Life Balance, normal of retail stores
Productive, informative and fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 April 2016
I absolutely love going to work at the Peoples Jewellers| Canada no.1 Diamond Store at Shoppers World Brampton.

The atmosphere is so professional, encouraging and I am learning a lot about diamonds, styles and designers collections. The people are great. Management very wise, confident, knowledgeable in everything, including the daily operation of running and managing the company.

My most enjoyable part of the job is working with the guests and my team workers
Pros
Hourly rate + commission and growth
Cons
non
Great People to work with
Jewelry Consultant (Current Employee) –  London, ON10 March 2016
On a morning shift we enter the store 30 mins before opening, there is always two employees in the store at all times for saftey. We get the computers on, open the safe,take jewels out and replace to their cases. when the jewels are in cases, and in windows are set we open the doors. Once the store is open we then count all the jewels in the cases. ( we count every day, input in computer to have balanced cases) We receive new product, repairs daily. My manager is great, she's a great leader, and we work as a team. My co workers are helpful, and very professional. Our day is always busy, we do not ever have nothing to do. The hardest part of the job is getting everything done in the short amount of time. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the clients, it is very rewarding to help some one buy the special gifts for their loved ones
Pros
Love the clients
People were fantastic to work with
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON19 February 2016
I loved the fellow employees personalities. We almost all got along and meshed really well so it was really great going to work with them.

Even though we weren't that busy all the time I liked having the opportunity to connect and help the customers without having to rush or juggle multiple people.

It was a very open learning environment and overall it was great even if it didn't last as long as hoped.
Daily Person-to-Person Interaction in an Upbeat Environment.
Jewellery Consultant (Former Employee) –  Welland, ON12 November 2015
The store I worked at was always upbeat. We had a fantastic team that worked together in a competitive environment. Guests came into the store looking for special occasions, and I was able to be part of that journey with them. That made the connections between the guest and the jewellery consultants worth while. Although the pay was not great, the hours were flexible and my manager always made sure I was getting the hours that I wanted. Every 6 months we are supposed to get a raise but I was there for two years and never saw one, the other consultants made note of that as well.
Pros
Commission, Work for what you earn.
Cons
Never increase in base pay.
Bad company to work for..
Jewellry consultant (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON30 October 2015
They expect a lot from you for min wage, if you are a part time, you have no good benefits and only 1 week vacation, start up commission is 1% your sale, and doesn't go up until you reach a ridiculous total, then you are up to 1.5%- RIDICULOUS
Management is horrible, you can't rely on anyone, everybody talks about everybody, and the human resources personnel is even more ridiculous-
Oh! this company does not provide a reference letter when you leave, and it doesn't give an exist interview, so if you are intending on staying for 2 years or so, just know that they won't give an appreciation letter saying how productive you have been. Terrible - I don't recommend working at this company- cuz really you will be wasting your time- You are just a number!

the most enjoyable part was my co-workers, all the woman I worked with were incredible, beautiful inside out, fun to work with, competent, this company doesn't deserve them
Pros
helping people-
Cons
hard to advance
best team ever
Employee (Former Employee) –  Alberta21 October 2015
I enjoyed working with the team.
In my opinion and from what I experienced, this company micro manages too much. They need to simplify the training expectations of staff and management in order to have a more positive work atmosphere. I could see that the expectations were overwhelming, even to senior staff members. Too much information tends to overload the employees. I have never seen jewellery selling so complicated in all my years of experience.
Pros
Cons
too much information to learn.