Peoples Jewellers

Peoples Jewellers Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Awesome place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Abbotsford, BCFebruary 12, 2014
Great company to work for. Best boss Ive ever had. Wonderful customers
Sales Associate/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), SaskatoonJanuary 22, 2014
Productive place to work and many opportunities to advance as a customer service representative. Sales quotas to meet every shift which encouraged a person to strive harder. I ended up going from sales rep to assistant manager then to managing my own store. I loved this job. I guess if I was to say what was hard about it, is the fact you need to be – more... competitive and be focused on you and the customer. You can be nice about it but it is all about looking after yourself and selling the product. Overall, this was the best job I ever had. The product sold itself so with desire to be the best you can you had it made. – less
Professional Environment
Administrator (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioSeptember 30, 2013
Excellent place to work at if its your first job. Gets very repetitive selling customers jewelry. Not a lot room for growth
Great working experience for team building
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tillsonburg, ONOctober 23, 2012
Pros: working breakfasts once a month, being rewarded in contests for employees- sometimes with free merchandise or an extra discount
Cons: did not have any
After arriving we checked for security breeches after finding none we proceeded to get ready for the day - opening the vault and filling floor cases and windows.
I learned about team building and helping each other with sales by complementing the guest on their choices and that working on commission made everyday a challenge and fun, I also found that – more... one does not need to be pushy to make sales but rather a compliment goes a very long way as well as being sincere.
Management was good to discuss how one could become better at sales
Coworkers were competitive at times which is good and keeps you on your toes!!
I really did not find any part of the job hard
I found it really enjoyable to be a member of a winning team! – less
not a good work place
administrator/Sales person (Former Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 12, 2012
in a typical day just try to help customers to the best and make great sales. i learned to be extremely patient. management was not good at all. the store had a new manager about every 4 months. head office nor the manager were respectful and listened to complaints. co-workers were competitive just the type to smile in your face and steal sales from – more... you. the hardest part is you have to smile with all your staff when their really selfish people. the most enjoyable part was making sales meeting targets and just being the best sales person i can be. – less
opportunities to climb the ladder
Cart Supervisor and Store Manager (Current Employee), Hamilton, ONAugust 7, 2012
Pros: discount on diamonds!
Cons: long hours, no back up from upper management
in a very hard area, guests are few and far between. quotas are high and expectations are unrealistic. upper management will not accept "environment" as a reason.
our long term guests are great. they are loyal and love coming in and shopping with us.
Very understanding Management
Administrator/ Key holder/sales representative (Current Employee), mississauga/ONJuly 10, 2012
I have worked with this company for seven years. it was enjoyable and fun working here. Now I want a full time position but at my workplace they do not have vacancy and not as good of a salary.I also want to change my profession to call center or Customer Service at the Pearson Airport.
Productive workplace.
Jewellery Consultant (Current Employee), Brantford,OnApril 23, 2012
Typical dat at work consists of, reviewing store numbers, individual quota, merchandising, daily inventory, interacting with customers about Sales, upcoming Special Events, and what Peoples Jewellers offers wether its credit, jewellery repairs and cleaning,opening/closing store,and Point of Sale computer system.
Productive and a fun work place working with customers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Saskatoon, Saskatchewan CanadaMarch 2, 2012
Pros: having repeat customers come back only to you.
Cons: credit expectations are always hard.
It's always exciting to sale a Canadian Diamond engagement rings to newly engaged couples.
HORRIBLE IN SWIFT CURRENT
JCP (Former Employee), Swift currentJuly 13, 2012
The Swift current management is a joke. The manager is lazy! She's in the back room 1/2 the time or her annoying family members are in the store being a problem. And the manager also leaves early on a regular basis. It was a game amoungst staff betting how early she will leave.