Peopleready Employee Reviews

meh
Assembly line packer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 May 2017
good for same day cash, you get paid at the end of every day. However the jobs aren't very gratifying although they can give you potential opportunity to land a real career.
fun productive workplace
TEMPORARY LABORER (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 April 2017
this company was a great place to put in hours when cash needed, i learned alot of new skills i use in everyday life and the management were amazing helpful hardest part of this type of work as a laborer was if you want the job you need to be up for all the tiring physical jobs
Pros
long lunch hrs
Cons
night shifts
One of the better daily paid temp. agencies in Edmonton.
Bottem of the barrel scum sucking labourer. (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 February 2017
Labour ready Argyle plaza is one of the better temp agencies for “daily” payers in Edmonton. This winter has been tough, more people less work. Staff is good, the ladies are darlings. There is no green grass anywhere right now, I know I tried the other agencies out of desperation, turns out was better off staying here. Its tough sledding right now no matter what positive spin our current government is trying to put on it. But when there is work you get a huge variety never get bored, the only job I ever had that was fun while being this broke. Good luck.
Pros
Staff, deliver on what they say. Get paid same day.
Cons
Times are bad, other wise most of us wouldn't be going here.
Its a job for someone with trouble finding one
General laborer (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON6 February 2017
I'd get a new call everyday usually to work somewhere different at a different time , i learned new things everyday really long to put into words but to sum it up it was a great learning experience , it was very unpleasant not knowing if you were gonna get work or not , being that worried if your not gonna be able to provide . it paid daily if needed the cash that day for something , but it was also very hard to manage my money , another dislike .
Pros
it paid .
Cons
very low paid and distance having to travel get to jobs daily in gas alone .
Great management and staff
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 February 2017
Low wages but the experience gained working at such a temp agency is well worth getting. The only thing I didn't enjoy was not knowing what type of job you would be sent to daily so it was hard to be prepared completely. PPE equipment supplied by employer so that was good.
hard work
Laborer (Current Employee) –  west palm beach29 January 2017
the hardest part of the job was getting a a job. However when they did find me a position I worked hard. All in all, when I need extra work they help as much as possible.
Secure job but slow moving
Multi-Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC23 January 2017
A good reputable company, a secured job for sure. Culture is great and they are very supportive. A good reputation as well. Pay is much lower than average, benefits are good, bonuses can be good. Flexible hours for management.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
little room for advancement
inconsistent
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 January 2017
ok for people that cant seem to find a job atm, but for longterm employment and /or getting you a permanent job in the future
Labour Ready is a good place to strut you stuff and meet some people.
Laborer, Casual (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 December 2016
Working for Labour Ready, now People Ready, is not a career, but you can start one here, and that is if you work fair and safe, and treat every job as the next. You get out of management what you put into it, the people who often complain about management, are usually the ones who aren't giving enough information to get what they require. Patience goes a long way.
Cons
You don't always get work, unless you are first in line, at 5:30 AM when the doors open.
long waiting hours
Construction Labourer/Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK1 June 2016
i would have to wake up at 4 am to be at labor ready waiting in line till it opens for a job since there's only a limited amount of jobs. I didn't mind it when i had a friend who was also waiting for a job.
Pros
Paid the same day
Cons
More difficult to apply
Not Dependable or reasonable
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 April 2016
You arrive, Have to pay your own way to job site.
You work for the 8 hours necessary, then pay your way back to Labour Ready via taxi, bus or over priced "car" they offer ( 10- 15$ off your cheque)
receive cheque that generally has anything they can deduct off of it they can. Had an incident where they promised an 8 hour shift, to show up at one point and only work for 4. upon returning to labor ready, Was told that I had to pay for a vest I did not need nor use.
- 11.98 off of my already low pay check.
They refused to take it off or take back the vest.
Hardest part of employment would be consistency, They never have consecutive shifts so it is unreliable when it comes to dedicating weeks to working with them.
best part would only be that sometimes it is convenient when you need emergency money or a little extra spending cash.
overall decent
Labor worker (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON9 February 2016
good work needed more hours and more hourly wage but most of the time they had constant work when you needed it and also would give u time off if you needed it.
Its a fine place to work
Laborer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 December 2015
Starts at 5:30am, goes to office to get job tickets!
I have learnt a lot of stuff because the demands are varied eg. landscaping, construction cleaning etc.
Typical management of formal business!
Some co-workers are friendly and easy to get along with! Others appear difficult!
Hardest part is ensuring that the client is satisfied at the end of the task given!
Most enjoyable part is being told that the job was well done!
flexible, low paying, paid daily
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 October 2015
If you are a solid worker, they can keep you busy. Work can be difficult and dirty, often pays much less than market rate. Workers are often unmotivated.
Bulk Store Worker (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON17 August 2015
I worked at many different places from painting homes to working in a Bulk Sale Store. I also worked at a Cinema installing seats.
flexible
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON6 July 2015
great place to find work. great staff and fast at finding you work. recommend to others if they're looking for immediate work
Great Job
Stage material for pressman (Current Employee) –  Different locations28 June 2015
Great company to work for. Its great how you get paid daily. The only I dont like is driving around to different locations.
Pros
Get paid daily
Cons
Driving to different locations
incompetent should be banned
labourer (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, On10 June 2015
from the beginning I felt they were extremely rude.
they were incompetent of the most basic office tasks that I have done for many years
very agressive and antagonistic perhaps to use the "provocation" technique I've come to see happen in many places in which people push and attempt to pick fights with others and then claim those people are hot tempered. fortunately I've seen it and that didn't work.
basically they are here to bring in their own workers and locals who try to go through them get screwed.
shows what having incompetents as middle men can destroy a lot of people who want to work but are forced to go through an agency that lies and in my case were and are actually a barrier.
to the fools who can't operate a company properly and need to use a group like this because they are incapable of leadership and training and want incompetence in the form of untrained desparate labourers - your loss.
Pros
Cons
middle men can not respond to requests regarding your paperwork, and then blame you, doesn't matter if you have proof once you've lost an opportunity to show on the job what you can do, its too late
Fun
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON16 April 2015
Not very much to say about labor ready never really knew where you would end up everyday, worked at least 20 different jobs through labor ready
Labor Ready
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 March 2015
Working on a temporary basis was too hard to support my family. There was no guarantee for work each day which became stressful due to bills adding up.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Peopleready. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8