Reporting to the Manager, Consolidations within the Corporate Finance team
- University degree in Accounting, Business or a related discipline is required.
- CA designation or equivalent
- 5+ years of previous related experience.
- Experience with financial statement note disclosures including financial instruments.
- Ability to interpret financial statements to evaluate profitability standards for investment activities.
- Proven experience with the co-ordination of the financial planning and budget process, and analyze and correct estimates.
- Strong knowledge and experience with Canadian GAAP, knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS would be an asset.
- Must be highly analytical with sound business judgment, proven documentation skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to evaluate financial reporting systems, accounting procedures and investment activities and make recommendations for changes to procedures and operating systems as needed.
- Ability to discuss observations of financial information with corporate management.
- Liaison with facilities to ensure accurate and timely accumulation of data for provision calculations and compliance and planning requirement.
- Ability to work in a fully computerized environment including advanced Excel and Word skills, knowledge of AS400, Cognos, Hyperion and IFS systems is an asset.
- Ability to research new accounting standards and present alternatives. Continuously maintain current knowledge of all organizational accounting practices through seminars, webinars and professional conferences as needed.
- Under general direction, responsible for conducting and documenting complex financial analysis projects.
The key functions of this role will be to:
- Research IFRS and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and advise management on any applicable changes.
- Review current Accounting policies and make recommendations to management.
This position will also assist with following:
- Responsible for assessing and understanding accruals, forecasts and budgets for the aligned Client Groups.
- Responsible for overall areas of consolidated financial statements.
- Perform monthly eliminating journal entries and account reconciliations.
- Prepare consolidated financial reporting and analysis for senior management.
- Support consolidation process through translation of foreign operations in respective group and reconcile foreign exchange translation impacts.
- Prepare financial statement note disclosures for interim and annual financial statements.
- Assist with the forecast and budget consolidation processes.
- Support the year end audit process from a consolidated perspective.
- Respond to inquiries in a positive and courteous manner.
- The Global Operating System Plays;
- OHSAS 18001:2007 Health and Safety management system standard;
- ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management system standard;
- TS 16949 Technical Specification Management and Client Quality Basics system standards.
- Support, Foster, Promote and Demonstrate Client’s Core Values and Leadership Behaviors.
- Maintain balance between customer, employee and financial satisfaction by maximizing facility/department Performance Indicators to align to Client’s Stepping Stool of Success Strategy.
- Support and maintain department lean initiatives as set out in LPS system requirements.
Indeed - 14 months ago