We are currently looking for a highly motivated User Interface Designer to join our Research & Development Team as a 3 month Contractor. They offer a fast-paced, innovative environment that will challenge your technical aptitude. The successful candidate will contribute to our clients business initiatives by supporting team members with the following activities:
- Create intuitive and attractive user interfaces for a professional web application.
- Design and code interactive prototypes in Flash and Actionscript.
- Collaborate in the definition of user interface design standards for applications, to optimize ease-of-use and achieve an integrated and consistent look and feel.
- Work closely with usability team members, product managers, development teams and other internal stakeholders to build proof-of-concept mockups, demos and prototypes of proposed and planned applications and features.
- Convert complex functional and certification requirements into friendly, ‘no manual required’ interfaces.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated User Interface Designer, with a minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role, preferably in the healthcare field, and will possess the following skills and attributes:
- MUST HAVE ONLINE PORTFOLIO TO BE CONSIDERED
- BA/BS or MS degree in a related field.
- Minimum 3 years working experience as a User Interaction Designer.
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography & limitations of the web.
- Must understand Flash and have the ability to translate user stories into practical designs and innovative motion graphics solutions.
- Strong web graphics production knowledge and ability to use Flash as the primary design tool, from conception to final production.
- Ability to organize own work and maintain a high level of performance in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision.
- Vision and initiative to start things from scratch.
- Strong attention to detail, and a commitment to delivering highly-polished web-based prototypes under tight time constraints
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must possess a thorough understanding of interactive communications and delivery systems, processes, and user interface design as well as industry best practices.
- Experience with Agile development.
- Experience with graphics software like Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Knowledge of HTML, DHTML and CSS