6 month Contract located in Markham
MUST HAVE CLASSIC ASP EXPERIENCE
Our client is one of the fastest growing health care software companies in North America, ranking 10th on the Profit100 – Fasting Growing Companies. They are recognized as an industry leader of ASP based electronic medical records (EMR) serving the needs of small primary care practices, multi-physician outpatient clinics, and large scale regional health organizations and networks in Canada and the US. They are continuously innovating and enhancing our services to meet the needs of our growing and diverse customer base
Summary of Position
Responsible for developing, trouble shooting and resolving software application issues and defects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop an early understanding of the product to be able to effectively determine the root cause of client concerns.
- Address client concerns by modifying existing code to correct defects or enhance functionality consistent with user needs and approved business rules.
- Collaborate with Help Desk, Business Analysts, Database Administrators, R&D developers and Quality Assurance to ensure proposed changes will address client concerns and company interests.
- Ensure Software is developed according to company standards and performs according to user and operational needs.
- Write maintainable and testable code as a member of a professional software development team.
- Execute unit tests for all code changes and additions to ensure defects are fixed, functional requirements are met and associated modules continue to function correctly.
- Support Help Desk to troubleshoot problems and provide feedback as needed
- Update the ticketing tool (NetSuite) with the status, problem resolution and change description of assigned issues.
- Look for opportunities to improve the overall performance, function and reliability of the
application and suggest these to management.
- Occasionally develop new software modules as enhancements to core product offerings.
- Process client requests such as data exports and ad hoc reports.
- Work with Analysts to keep static lists up to date.
- Monitor daily and weekly processes
Qualifications Required for Position
- BA/BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related areas of study from an Accredited College or University, or equivalent work experience required.
- Knowledge of Web Server management, specifically IIS and COM+ Services would be an asset.
- Exposure to .NET Technology, C#, ASP.NET, Windows and Web Services, XML and XSLT.
- Must be professional, articulate and able to achieve goals with moderate supervision.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Proven ability to manage challenges that are complex, conceptual and long term in nature
Indeed - 23 months ago
People Store provides a continuous partnership with its clients and associates through a unique tiered approach to staffing: Diagnosis and...