Our client, a mid-level civil construction firm, is seeking an experienced construction site superintendent to assist in the supervision of a river relocation project in the Redwood Meadows, Alberta area. This opportunity is a 2-phase, temporary contract.
The first part of the contract will commence on April 28 and run for approximately 4 weeks. The final stage of the contract will commence in late June / early July and run through to project completion (roughly 4 months)
The ideal candidate will posses the following skills
- Experience in civil construction, ideally in a water resources and land development capacity.
- The ability to oversee contractors and other construction staff, observing for safe working conditions, reviewing drawings and schematics, making corrective suggestions when needed.
- Coordinate and supervise crews. Ensure that all PPE and HSE guidelines are followed.
- Site grading, surveying, dealing with governing agencies as needed.
- Ability to operate manual and power tools, perform manual labour and lift objects up to 45lbs.
- Superior project and time management skill. Strict adherence to deadlines.
- A minimum of 6 years of civil construction experience (proven site management ability)
- A minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience
- A college diploma in construction technology or project management
This is NOT a camp position, successful candidates must live within reasonable distance to Redwood Meadow.
Interested applicants should submit their resume and salary expectations to Karen Elsdon via this ad!