Pioneer Distributors is one of the largest-volume distributors of materials to the Kitchen Cabinet, Millwork and Furniture manufacturers in Western Canada. For over 30 years Pioneer has earned the respect of customers and suppliers alike by creating long-term value through innovative and practical solutions.
People First Solutions are searching for a Director of Sales. The Director of Sales initial responsibility will be customer service, reestablishing old relationships and building new relationships. The goal over the next 3 – 5 years is to transition both new and old relations to the new Director of Sales.
- Responsible for building relationships with the existing Pioneer Distributor customers in British Columbia and Alberta
- Responsible for reestablishing relationships with companies in British Columbia and Alberta who have done business with Pioneer Distributors in the past.
- Responsible for taking the initiative to build new relationships.
- Over the first 30/60 days will begin to learn Pioneer Distributors’ history, culture and product line.
- Develop the “whatever it takes” Pioneer philosophy.
- During the first 2 years will meet the suppliers and begin to understand the buying strategy.
- Will begin to build a sales strategy and sales team to increase Pioneer visibility in the market
- Begin to understand the overall operation and administration over the 1st and 2nd year
- Attends trade shows as directed, participate in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Post-secondary education – business, sales and marketing an asset
- 7/10 years’ experience in sales and customer service
- Experience in maintaining existing relationships and building new ones
- Takes initiative and a proven self-starter
- Good team player and a good listener
- Technologically inclined; familiar with Microsoft Office Suite of products: i.e. MS Office and Excel
- Strong work ethic with an entrepreneurial spirit
People First Solutions is one of Vancouver’s leading professional recruitment firms, dedicated to recruiting top talent.
If you possess the fundamental skills, experience and education required to be successful in this role then we invite you to provide a cover letter and résumé in confidence to either Michael O’Brien or Bob Murray.
Michael O’Brien or Bob Murray t: 604.684.2288