Director of Human Resources – CancerCare Manitoba
As a Human Resources leader you are committed to the progressive development and success of an organization and its people. This position offers the opportunity to contribute your Human Resources knowledge and expertise, as a member of the senior management team, to an organization that is a well known and respected for leading the way to improve outcomes in cancer.
CancerCare Manitoba (CCMB) is a provincially mandated cancer agency tasked with providing a broad range of cancer services to the people of Manitoba. They employ over 800 staff members and over 50 physician specialists.
As the Director, you will be responsible for providing transformational Human Resources services, support and direction to the organization. You will play a critical role for a variety of strategic and operational issues within CCMB. The Director also advises on and participates in collaborative practice both provincially and nationally working with partners and other cancer agencies.
- Build, lead and manage a team of HR professionals to support operational efficiency and effectiveness;
- Partner with business managers across the organization offering advice, guidance and strategies regarding human resources;
- Build and develop structure and process within the organization as well as provide and encourage innovative and cutting-edge ideas as it relates to HR;
- Provide mentorship and coaching to the HR team, working side by side with them on HR projects and initiatives;
- Develop, maintain, and interpret HR policies and coordinate with HR team to ensure consistency & standardization across the organization;
- Develop and implement HR plan with analytical capacity to inform of recruitment and retention strategies;
- Develop HR reporting tools as it pertains to recruitment, staffing and turnover and apply analysis to determine trends and make recommendations;
- Provide guidance and oversight to the HR Team in the development and management of Labour Relations, Employee Relations, Disability Management, Recruitment and Retainment; and Work with management teams across North America to adopt and adapt best practices (travel may be required).
You and Your Experience:
- You have completed post secondary education in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or a related field;
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience as a leader.
- You have 7-10 years experience working in a human resources management capacity with experience in unionized environments;
- You believe that HR can make a difference in an organization and you have the transformational experience to support this;
- Your organizational skills are superior and you are able to manage multiple projects at the same time;
- You are an energetic, driven, and collaborative HR Leader who enjoys building strong and trusting relationships with others;
- You enjoy mentoring and coaching others and you believe strongly in empowering your team;
- You have a service oriented mentality and encourage the same quality and commitment to service in your HR team;
- You have strong and clear communication skills and encourage collaboration and innovation within HR and your team;
- You are experienced with assessing and implementing the appropriate tools and technology to support HR initiatives;
- Knowledgeable of current changes in human resources legislation and innovative best practices; and
- Having your Certified Human Resource Professional (CHRP) designation is an asset as would experience in Health Care.
About CancerCare Manitoba:
CancerCare Manitoba’s vision is to reduce the impact of cancer on all Manitobans.
Through early detection, care, research, education and public outreach, CancerCare Manitoba contributes to the prevention of cancer and works tirelessly towards improving the outcomes and quality of life for Manitobans with cancer and blood disorders.
They are responsible for providing care, treatment and support across the entire cancer service spectrum – from prevention, early detection, diagnosis, treatment and care, and palliation or end of life care.
Feel free to call Jenna Buckley if you need more information at (204) 940-3939.
WORD formatted resume preferred.