People's United Bank

People's United Bank Employee Reviews

Senior management poor decision makers
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYJuly 17, 2015
When you start with this company, a very good impression the first couple of weeks and then you start realizing how disorganized and backward this bank is. Although they provide very good training in each job family but no resources to practice your skills. You are basically a teller all day no matter what the job title because staffing is a big issue. Employees are moved to other branches against their will. It could be tellers, personal bankers or managers. By the time you build a good team, it is broken again. Customers are always seeing new faces and they feel that branches are more like training centers where no one stays to build relationships. Upper management feels like People's United bank is a franchise that they own. They can hire and fire as they please. Complete disregard for the suffering those employees may go through. You will get the impression that you are a valuable employee as long as you "Yes" them to death. If you start giving your suggestions and voicing your opinion, your days will be limited. They will find anything to terminate you. Job security with this bank is ZERO, you are just another number. Once they have used you and abused you, you will be out of this bank or you would want to leave. Training is the best part of this bank.
Pros
you learn a lot in all areas of banking
Cons
super micro managment constantly interfering with productivity
assisting client at teller window, opening business accounts, making phone calles.
Senior Financial (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 15, 2015
building pipe lines for monthly sales, ATM audit, branch Audit monthle basis. was responsible for creating cash flow chart, responsible for having proper disclousers and speaking to clients with products benefits. creating business analysis and working closely with the IT team.
Excellent place to work!
Senior Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Ansonia, CTJuly 7, 2015
Excellent environment, great leadership, and fantastic benefits. There are plenty of opportunities available if you work your timing right, you can achieve all of your goals.
Pros
Management, benefits, growth, products, people.
Cons
wages are a little low, hours are a little long.
Great Coworkers, upper management was the issue
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Wells, MEJune 16, 2015
I work with wonderful coworkers daily but the upper management needs work. They don't understand what it is like to work face to face with customers so they make awful decisions based on assumption of day to day work. They don't treat you like individuals. It is also all about numbers without even considering the factors involved. They do offer a lot of training, but no pay raise for any of it.
Busy atmosphere with something new to learn everyday
Financial Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJune 16, 2015
Working at my job is a very good learning environment. It is a very fast pace environment with a lot of learning opportunities. One of the main things learned is customer service, hence having great customer service skills. Management helps to make the day go by faster and clears up any questions or issues that come up throughout the day. Coworkers also help to get to the ultimate goal and we all work great together. The hardest part of the job is not being able to answer certain questions myself. This is where learning oportunities come from. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the satisfaction on the customer's face when their problem has been resolved and they have accomplished what they came to do.
Productive place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJune 4, 2015
People's Bank was an enjoyable place to work, with it's family oriented atmosphere. Most people who work there have been employed a long time witht he company. The history of the Bank is impressive and I learned a lot about myself and working with people.
Banking / Sells
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTMay 14, 2015
A fast paced focused driven job. Very exciting and room to grow! Attended workshops to adhere to new policies and procedures. Important to keep a well balanced drawer and maintain great customer service. Overall a great experience!
Pros
Incentives
Productive and professional
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Torrington, CTMay 2, 2015
Love this job, love customers, love banking. I wait on customers, cash checks, deposits and withdrawls, also I can open accounts.
Overall a great life/work balance
Analyst - Branch Productivity (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTApril 30, 2015
People's United Bank has an overall great life / work balance, however they lack in motivating their employees to achieve more than what is in their job description. The corporate culture is very inviting and generally tends to be a very nice place to work.
Andy's review
Financial Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Worcester maApril 21, 2015
The co-workers that i currently work are professional and knowlegable, very friendly and outgoing crew.
The best part of the job is helping everyday people that are in need of help regarding their accounts and putting a smile on their face when they leave the bank.
champainge taste on a beer budget
Lead Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  New Haven,CTApril 18, 2015
The experience that you get working at Peoples United is great. You can get ample training within the company if the tight scheduling will allow it. Working at a traditional branch is ideal, the Stop and Shop branch hours are very convenient for the customers, not so much for the employees. The day to day daily tasks that are asked of the employees are more than what you are compensated for. Employees are often asked to work long 10 hour day, open and maintain personal and business accounts, open and close the branches, audit boxes and ATM. You are often expected to perform management tasks only being compensated for teller pay. It’s very hard to balance work and home life with PUB. It’s a great place to start and take advantage of the training; however it is not a career for most by any means.
Not great....
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHApril 17, 2015
This bank has turned into such a corporate bank that all of it's employees despise working there. The pressure to sell banking products placed upon the tellers is deplorable and embarassing.
Extraordinary place to work
Temporary Help in Portfolio Management Branch (Former Employee) –  Hauppauge, NYApril 10, 2015
Management was fantastic. Absolute blessing working there. Everyone was very caring and genuine. Had a blast working with the managers.
Pros
Management was dleightful
Cons
no cons
Joseph Lidge
Sr. Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Mt. vernonMarch 31, 2015
I am currently a banker for Peoples United Bank I have been here for about a year. Previously I was employed at Capital One, close to a year as well. I enjoy talking to people, and finding new ways to solve problems. I like to challenge myself, I’ve heard my weakness is taking on too many problems at a time but I believe that’s where my success drives from. I am a very confident and hardworking individual. I believe that great organization is the key to great development, without organization there is no real structure.
too much politics within the organization
Wealth Management Account Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTMarch 30, 2015
I learned a lot while I worked there for 3 1/2 years. The most enjoyable part of my job was communicating with various administrators across New England.
Long days
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYMarch 29, 2015
Don't feel valued as an employee. The pay is ok. Upper management is heavily involved in your day to day activities. Micro managers
Respect in all positions
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Commack, NYMarch 20, 2015
Set individual goals for large staff. Get daily focus for the day interact with all types of clients. Assist them with banking transactions such as lending & consumer & business deposits. Solve issues with accounts. Enjoyed the clients every day!
Pros
work life balance
Cons
no support
Growing pains but great learning opportunities
Customer Service Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  New YorkMarch 16, 2015
Prior to the acquisition of ~60 branches of Citizens Bank, the company was run a certain way. Since then many things have changed in terms of management, goals, and overall focus.

The system of two managers, one operational and one sales, has intertwined their overall assignments without maintaining purpose for both roles.

In a Branch management role you are afforded many new items to learn/leverage/required thresholds such as; Mortgage lending, consumer lending, business lending, life insurance sales, investment sales, and Notary. While the trainings and licensing are great growth potentials, each new license/topic requires individual thresholds or goals to be met.
Pros
many certifications/trainings to be had
Cons
get pulled in many different and changing directions
Friendly work environment
Senior Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Avon, CTMarch 12, 2015
It was a great learning experience and the people I worked with were extremely friendly. I really enjoyed my time there.
great learning experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CtJanuary 27, 2015
I would learn how different facets of the bank worked. As a intern I had to do a lot of the dirty work but enjoyed it. A typical day would be filing papers, or putting numbers on spreadsheets. Many of my co-workers were older then me so it was hard to relate but as a sports fan I was able to bond with many of the males about sports. The hardest part of the job was the monotonous day.