People's United Bank

People's United Bank Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CTJune 4, 2015
People's Bank was an enjoyable place to work, with it's family oriented atmosphere. Most people who work there have been employed a long time witht he company. The history of the Bank is impressive and I learned a lot about myself and working with people.
Banking / Sells
Financial Representative (Former Employee), Milford, CTMay 14, 2015
Pros: Incentives
A fast paced focused driven job. Very exciting and room to grow! Attended workshops to adhere to new policies and procedures. Important to keep a well balanced drawer and maintain great customer service. Overall a great experience!
Productive and professional
Customer Service (Current Employee), Torrington, CTMay 2, 2015
Love this job, love customers, love banking. I wait on customers, cash checks, deposits and withdrawls, also I can open accounts.
Overall a great life/work balance
Analyst - Branch Productivity (Current Employee), Bridgeport, CTApril 30, 2015
People's United Bank has an overall great life / work balance, however they lack in motivating their employees to achieve more than what is in their job description. The corporate culture is very inviting and generally tends to be a very nice place to work.
Andy's review
Financial Service Associate (Current Employee), Worcester maApril 21, 2015
The co-workers that i currently work are professional and knowlegable, very friendly and outgoing crew.
The best part of the job is helping everyday people that are in need of help regarding their accounts and putting a smile on their face when they leave the bank.
champainge taste on a beer budget
Lead Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), New Haven,CTApril 18, 2015
The experience that you get working at Peoples United is great. You can get ample training within the company if the tight scheduling will allow it. Working at a traditional branch is ideal, the Stop and Shop branch hours are very convenient for the customers, not so much for the employees. The day to day daily tasks that are asked of the employees are more than what you are compensated for. Employees are often asked to work long 10 hour day, open and maintain personal and business accounts, open and close the branches, audit boxes and ATM. You are often expected to perform management tasks only being compensated for teller pay. It’s very hard to balance work and home life with PUB. It’s a great place to start and take advantage of the training; however it is not a career for most by any means.
Not great....
Customer Service (Former Employee), Nashua, NHApril 17, 2015
This bank has turned into such a corporate bank that all of it's employees despise working there. The pressure to sell banking products placed upon the tellers is deplorable and embarassing.
Extraordinary place to work
Temporary Help in Portfolio Management Branch (Former Employee), Hauppauge, NYApril 10, 2015
Pros: Management was dleightful
Cons: no cons
Management was fantastic. Absolute blessing working there. Everyone was very caring and genuine. Had a blast working with the managers.
Joseph Lidge
Sr. Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Mt. vernonMarch 31, 2015
I am currently a banker for Peoples United Bank I have been here for about a year. Previously I was employed at Capital One, close to a year as well. I enjoy talking to people, and finding new ways to solve problems. I like to challenge myself, I’ve heard my weakness is taking on too many problems at a time but I believe that’s where my success drives from. I am a very confident and hardworking individual. I believe that great organization is the key to great development, without organization there is no real structure.
too much politics within the organization
Wealth Management Account Service Rep (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CTMarch 30, 2015
I learned a lot while I worked there for 3 1/2 years. The most enjoyable part of my job was communicating with various administrators across New England.
Long days
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Tarrytown, NYMarch 29, 2015
Don't feel valued as an employee. The pay is ok. Upper management is heavily involved in your day to day activities. Micro managers
Respect in all positions
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Commack, NYMarch 20, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: no support
Set individual goals for large staff. Get daily focus for the day interact with all types of clients. Assist them with banking transactions such as lending & consumer & business deposits. Solve issues with accounts. Enjoyed the clients every day!
Growing pains but great learning opportunities
Customer Service Branch Manager (Current Employee), New YorkMarch 16, 2015
Pros: many certifications/trainings to be had
Cons: get pulled in many different and changing directions
Prior to the acquisition of ~60 branches of Citizens Bank, the company was run a certain way. Since then many things have changed in terms of management, goals, and overall focus.

The system of two managers, one operational and one sales, has intertwined their overall assignments without maintaining purpose for both roles.

In a Branch management role you are afforded many new items to learn/leverage/required thresholds such as; Mortgage lending, consumer lending, business lending, life insurance sales, investment sales, and Notary. While the trainings and licensing are great growth potentials, each new license/topic requires individual thresholds or goals to be met.
Friendly work environment
Senior Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Avon, CTMarch 12, 2015
It was a great learning experience and the people I worked with were extremely friendly. I really enjoyed my time there.
great learning experience
Intern (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CtJanuary 27, 2015
I would learn how different facets of the bank worked. As a intern I had to do a lot of the dirty work but enjoyed it. A typical day would be filing papers, or putting numbers on spreadsheets. Many of my co-workers were older then me so it was hard to relate but as a sports fan I was able to bond with many of the males about sports. The hardest part of the job was the monotonous day.
productive work environment
Customer service associate (Current Employee), amityville , new yorkJanuary 26, 2015
daily activities include opening accounts, reviewing paperwork from the shift prior to ensure accuracy to reduce risk
helping my Customres
Bank Teller (Current Employee), Staten Island, NYJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: helpng customers
Cons: short lunch breaks & long hours
Able to make my Customers happy
learn that I am handling my customers money & making their day.
management are great
enjoy working with my co-workers
long hours 7 days a week.
being here for my customers & workers.
Bank Teller
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Bellows Falls, VTJanuary 23, 2015
Pros: starting vacation, benefits (no waiting)
Cons: unrealistic goals, hard to move up, minimal raises.
Typically when we get to work, we open everything up, make sure everything is secure. get out our cash, open branch. make deposits, cash checks, answer phones, open/close accounts.
A little bank with a big bank attitude
Lead Customer Service Associate (Supervisor) (Current Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: nice hours
Cons: benefits suck, management has lost their way, you'll work hard but get 0 credit.
People's United Bank was a dream come true when I first started her 3 years ago. However; since starting here the culture has changed and everyone, especially the customers are suffering because of it.

The Boston market has focused a lot on hiring people from BOA so that they can bring that BOA attitude of selling and apply it here and while I believe change can be good, it has hurt this company. New managers are not trained on the culture or even how to process transactions or open accounts. No one is ever held accountable and customers are always given wrong information because people in management don't want to admit they're wrong.

There used to be a lot of opertunity to grow but the growth manager won't promote anyone internally because he thinks everyone is lazy and tries to bully you into working for free until he is basically out of options and has to promote people out of pure nessacity.

If you're looking for a job this place will help to pay your bills but if you're looking for a career you might want to consider looking elsewhere.
Decent place to work
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), ConnecticutJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: easy to learn to job, decent hours, pleasent co-workers.
Cons: short breaks, understaffed, low wages.
The staff are generally all very friendly and willing to help each other. The corporate culture is good and they are always trying to promote the interaction of staff from different branches. Only real complaints is that the wages are low for the state and some branches are understaffed.