People's United Bank

People's United Bank Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Respect in all positions
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Commack, NYMarch 20, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: no support
Set individual goals for large staff. Get daily focus for the day interact with all types of clients. Assist them with banking transactions such as lending & consumer & business deposits. Solve issues with accounts. Enjoyed the clients every day!
Growing pains but great learning opportunities
Customer Service Branch Manager (Current Employee), New YorkMarch 16, 2015
Pros: many certifications/trainings to be had
Cons: get pulled in many different and changing directions
Prior to the acquisition of ~60 branches of Citizens Bank, the company was run a certain way. Since then many things have changed in terms of management, goals, and overall focus.

The system of two managers, one operational and one sales, has intertwined their overall assignments without maintaining purpose for both roles.

In a Branch management role you are afforded many new items to learn/leverage/required thresholds such as; Mortgage lending, consumer lending, business lending, life insurance sales, investment sales, and Notary. While the trainings and licensing are great growth potentials, each new license/topic requires individual thresholds or goals to be met.
Friendly work environment
Senior Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Avon, CTMarch 12, 2015
It was a great learning experience and the people I worked with were extremely friendly. I really enjoyed my time there.
great learning experience
Intern (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CtJanuary 27, 2015
I would learn how different facets of the bank worked. As a intern I had to do a lot of the dirty work but enjoyed it. A typical day would be filing papers, or putting numbers on spreadsheets. Many of my co-workers were older then me so it was hard to relate but as a sports fan I was able to bond with many of the males about sports. The hardest part of the job was the monotonous day.
A little bank with a big bank attitude
Lead Customer Service Associate (Supervisor) (Current Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: nice hours
Cons: benefits suck, management has lost their way, you'll work hard but get 0 credit.
People's United Bank was a dream come true when I first started her 3 years ago. However; since starting here the culture has changed and everyone, especially the customers are suffering because of it.

The Boston market has focused a lot on hiring people from BOA so that they can bring that BOA attitude of selling and apply it here and while I believe change can be good, it has hurt this company. New managers are not trained on the culture or even how to process transactions or open accounts. No one is ever held accountable and customers are always given wrong information because people in management don't want to admit they're wrong.

There used to be a lot of opertunity to grow but the growth manager won't promote anyone internally because he thinks everyone is lazy and tries to bully you into working for free until he is basically out of options and has to promote people out of pure nessacity.

If you're looking for a job this place will help to pay your bills but if you're looking for a career you might want to consider looking elsewhere.
It's really what you make of the experience.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), MassachusettsJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: pto, worklife balance, numerous opportunities for growth
Cons: prevalent petty politics
Great work life balance and benefits. Largely sales oriented. You will do fine if you are not overwhelmed by the politics.
Know what you want to specialize in and know the right people and you'll gain great experience.
productive workplace
LEAD CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), TorringtonJanuary 7, 2015
work day is filled with sales, good co-workers, driven team members
Love it
Customer Service Rep (CSA) (Current Employee), Danbury, CTJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
i love what i do at the bank. i learn everyday something new. i love working with my co-workers. its all about team work, there is always someone there to help with problems. i enjoy working with coworkers and customers. manager is always there to help and teach new things. i dont think i call hardest part of my job when i dont know how to help customer because i learn and use for next time.
An excellent company focused on the community.
ONLINE CONTENT MANAGER (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CTJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: management
People's United has a professional, community-or, it was oriented management staff. Each department, with whom I developed web content, had management with a forward focus. At every level ways to enable a positive customer experience was a priority.
Good Place to Work
Flood Insurance Monitoring Representative (Current Employee), Essex Junction, VTDecember 30, 2014
Great working environment and great people.
Worked with FIS and other banking software.
Management are friendly and constantly encouraging.
Best part of job is the relaxed and friendly environment.
Excellent training and preparation for success, but erronious business model
Branch Manager & Licensed Investment Advisor (Former Employee), Hamden, CTDecember 27, 2014
Pros: great experience in many areas of banking
Cons: poor management, micromanagement
Great management and retail training program, where great direction and hands on training is performed through stages.
Business model flawed, dual management creates one sided enviroment where many inconsistencies and discrepencies are constant.
Small Bank
Commercial Credit Analyst (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 15, 2014
Pros: good location
Small Bank with a low key team. Very nice and small office.
Typical day at work involves taking in real estate deals and analyzing financials for different borrowers. Work also includes going to real estate properties and doing a site inspection.
Sr. Customer Service Associate
Sr. Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Hartford, CTDecember 4, 2014
Working for People's is ok. They tend to promote and give you new responsibilities relatively quickly with out compensating you well for it.
Professional and Cultivating Environment
Supervisor, Collateral Monitoring & Release (Former Employee), Burlington, VTDecember 1, 2014
People's United Bank offers a professional and cultivating environment for any professional. They truly value their employees and offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
NA
Lead Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Hyde Park, NYNovember 18, 2014
Coaching, supervising, training, operations, sales, daily, weekly, monthly reports, business development, community involvement.
Productive but limited
Financial Service Associate/ Personal Banker (Current Employee), East Hills, NYNovember 11, 2014
• This position is the first line of sales and service contact for customers, contributing to branch profitability.
• Provide customers with all aspects of product openings, servicing, and problem resolution.
• Proactively seek needs based sales/referral opportunities of the organization’s financial products through relationship building with the branches customer base.
• Partnered with Market Manager and Small Business Relationship Manager to cultivate new commercial lending opportunities
• Assigned existing book of business and expected to increase both deposit and lending relationships
• Experienced in making outbound sales calls both in person and via telephone
A day in the life of a PUB Employee
Sr. Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Saugus, MANovember 7, 2014
Pros: great customers, friendly coworkers, great location
Cons: healthcare, short lunches, sales goals
I start the day off by coming in and getting my drawer from the vault to begin my teller duties. I then check to see if I have any calls I need to make to customers regarding sales or services.

After I finish my calls I check to make sure that everything that we faxed over the day before have reached the proper departments and have been imaged accordingly. If they have not I refax and check again the next day.

Throughout the day I handle customer transactions as well as balancing the ATM, Vault and TAU (Cash Dispenser)

My coworkers and I get along wonderfully. I am a very positive person that can get along with anyone. I have been told by many coworkers that I bring a sense of positivity to the office.

The hardest part of my jobs is the sales. We are constantly being pushed to sell this and sell that and although I am able to succeed, I still find it personally difficult and it takes me out of my comfort zone.

I enjoy the customer interaction of my job the most. Being able to help people from day to day makes my entire job worth while. I love when a customer comes in with a problem or complaint and I can have them smiling by the time they leave.
The politics are unbelievable & lots of micro managers
High level staff professional (Current Employee), Bridgeport CTNovember 1, 2014
Pros: i work with some nice and talented people
Cons: many managers do not have the skills needed to lead and develop high level professionals
Over worked and under paid
Very low merit budget (why bother low)
Lots of back-stabbing at higher levels
The politics are unbelievable
Reward for good/great work is more work (no recognition or reward to go with that)
The consequence for low performers is usually less work (the better performers take that on) and they slide by for years
A great finance company.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CTOctober 27, 2014
Workplace environment was suitable for those interested in finances.
Training made understanding of position easy to learn.
Excellent working environment -
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Rutland, VTOctober 15, 2014
Pros: gained useful knowlege of the banking environment
Cons: department was disolved.
Enjoyed learning merchant services and helping customers on a daily basis. Strong support staff and enjoyable working environment. Sad that this department as part of a joint venture and all aspects were moved to new company out of state.
I am a quick learner and excelled with this favorable team working environment.

1 2 3 4 5

About People's United Bank

People's United Financial is the holding company for People's United Bank (formerly People's Bank), which was founded in 1842. – Read more

People's United Bank Photos