People's United Bank

People's United Bank Employee Reviews

Friendly Environment
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 1, 2016
A typical work day is supporting management team with operational tasks and administrative duties. I learned a lot about the corporate office culture. The hardest part is being able to juggle many tasks at once. The most enjoyable part is there is almost never a dull moment.
Overall qualities
Senior Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MaineApril 18, 2016
I am a dedicated, self-motivating individual who can work well independently as well as with a team. I pay attention to detail, priorities, able to multi-task and meet deadline goals. I am familiar with Microsoft Office Word, Excel & Outlook. I am able to use office equipment and telephone switchboard. I possess excellent interpersonal and telephone skills and am always mindful of the importance of customer service.
Pros
Upbeat work environment
Cons
No benefits package
Productive and fun place to work
Customer Service Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  Manchester, NHApril 6, 2016
People's United Bank hired me with no prior banking knowledge. Management and my co-workers all work well as a team. We all learn from each other. I enjoy seeing and meeting new customers on a daily basis.
Pros
great benefits for part time employees
I enjoyed working here for the most part.
SR Loan Servicing Call Center Rep (Current Employee) –  Williston, VTMarch 31, 2016
My main job was to help branches with customers on issues with there loans. I would direct them how to get some thing fixed or who they would need to get in touch with. I learned a lot about loans and how to navigate different soft ware programs. The management on the most part is very good to work for. I just ended up with a manager who didn't respect me, I worked with a great group of people, there was 11 of us and it was a lot of fun and we all worked really good together.
Pros
Great pay, bonuses, and great people to work with
Cons
once you have an issue with a manager is in possible to move to another department.
Good start
Customer Service Associate/Teller (Former Employee) –  NYMarch 30, 2016
Good place to start, but not for long term. Lots of talk about advancement but you get a run around and ultimately stay in the same position your entire career there. Poor raises. Its a good place to learn about banking, but very high turn over rate. People are constantly quitting.
Pros
401k good learning experience
Cons
Management, long hours, not some place you want to be long term, talk about moving up in company but nothing ever comes of it.
na
na (Former Employee) –  CTMarch 20, 2016
The branch hours are in middle of the day so it is very hard to balance work life. 7 day banking if you have 2 days off during a weekday you must work open to close for rest of the working week
Loved working here
Clerk Typist (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTFebruary 27, 2016
You go in and you know what is expected of you and you do it. Learned to get along with different people and/or personalities. Co-workers were great once I got to know them and vice versa. There wasn't any difficult part of the job. You got along with management and they were very helpful when you needed time off or were ill.
Pros
Just a great place to work. 401K health insurance.
Always learning something new
People's United Bank (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, CTFebruary 17, 2016
Nice people working toward the same goal. I had great mentors that really understood the banking business and never hesitated to share their knowledge.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Good Middle market Bank. Nice complex in Downtown Bridgeport?
Senior Asset Liability Analyst, Treasury (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTFebruary 10, 2016
Relaxed environment. Standard medium sized bank. Not alot of opportunity to move up. Stable environment. A little cheap.
Pros
Nice building, friendly environment, Staple jobs
Cons
Hard to advance, salary
Cheap
Financial Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Trumbull, CTFebruary 9, 2016
The only problem with People's is the fact that they are cheap but preach superior customer service which becomes more and more difficult to achieve when procedures are made more difficult just to lower cost.
Happy emplyee
Trade Finance Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTFebruary 4, 2016
It is a great company to work for unfortunately, the pay is not great. Management is great to work with and there are some advancement opportunities.
Good to Start Career in Banking
Bank Teller/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJanuary 29, 2016
A Good Company to start career in banking and develop great customer service and financial skills. Nice Structure if you want to move up the ladder to become a FSA.
Great work/life balance, behind on technology
Online (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJanuary 28, 2016
Pros:
- great work/life balance
- my team is a great team to be a part of
- good benefits
- job security is good, retention rate is awesome, definitely not a revolving door

Cons:
- Advancement opportunities depend on which team you end up working for, sometimes there are no advancement opportunities for you and you have to move to a different team
- Behind on technology, never innovators, always catching up because they lag behind in features in comparison to other banks
awesome internship experience
Commercial Banking Intern (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 24, 2016
i interned with the company during summer 2015, and it was an awesome experience. i learned more than i ever thought possible, and I'd certainly recommend it to anyone looking for a strong resume experience.
strong customer service values
Financial Services Associate (Current Employee) –  Levittown, NYJanuary 24, 2016
Your title only means as much as you can do within the confines of the company but not how little you may do -although entitled for many to understand as a banker, still take on teller transactions, however am also licensed for residential lending and can generate business lines as well -giving the customer the full 360 effect of you being their personal banker

coworkers are energetic and always willing to help -not just the customer but the team

hardest part of the job is really delving in to a person's finances and reasons as to why and how they want their money handled -tend to get a greater story than expected and they
re not particularly present ones

best part- finding the perfect financial solution for your customer , very rewarding to watch people receive whaqt they never thought they could get, help people achieve their various financial goals in a multitude of ways

management- varies branch to branch, but ultimately , based on upper management -market and regional managers -that make the job a little more difficult -the promise of moving up "quickly" in the company sometimes leads to empty promises, some HR standards are simply double-edge swords of rules and penalties
Pros
promotional incentives
Cons
inadequate staffing, little work/life balance
great work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTJanuary 20, 2016
great place to work, great people and great enviroment busy call center set schedule and family oriented work place good benefits
Pros
supervisors are great
Cons
really busy call center
Fun workplace
Financial Service Associate (Former Employee) –  New Fairfield, CTDecember 21, 2015
Good start for the financial field if that you want to start a career. Plenty room for advancement. Management could be better and encouraging.
Too boring and you have to take too much from the callers
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTDecember 16, 2015
Drudgery is the best description of this job. Awful. Inflexible schedule. Horrible pay. Management doesn't do much more than train new people coming through the revolving door of this institution. Customers must bear with out of date technology and you are the one who gets to explain to them why the bank gets so much of their money in fees. (Even though it's the bank's fault.) Bad culture for customers.
If this is your first job you may not get how awful it is, so go for it. But if you've had other jobs that paid more with less aggravation from customers, then you should avoid it. Not a good place to work unless you want to be sworn at all day and get a fat rear end from sitting all day literally attached to a phone.
Pros
Nice office space with a view
Cons
Almost everything else
Manage client account, review weekly sales repoert, update projections for upcoming P&L numbers.
financial (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 24, 2015
I had a great experience working for this employer. The DM was very motivative and always theer for the employee. I have earned lots of experience managing high volume data, communicating with client with busienss and financial related matter. worked closely with the IT team and also the financial advisor for investement related products.
Pros
motivation
Cons
short employees
Very good company
Java/J2EE Developer (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTNovember 18, 2015
Good company to work.

I learned java Knowledge.

Good management.

Co-workers are good.

I love this company.

Every one can enjoy in this company.