People's United Bank

People's United Bank Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Work Culture Could use Some Fine Tuning
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), MassachussetsNovember 20, 2014
Pros: pto, training, work life balance
Cons: unprofessionalism at management level, uneven pay
Lot's of opportunities and training to advance your career.Great PTO and work-life balance.

Unrealistic sales goals paired with archaic technology and support systems.

Operational inconsistencies.

The only way to get anywhere is channeling your inner teenager. Work culture displayed at the retail level is juvenile and not endearing to anyone seeking – more... to develop as a consummate professional.

The opening of a 25 dollar checking account often elicits a storm of poorly drafted, albeit colorful, E-mails in the market. – less
NA
Lead Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Hyde Park, NYNovember 18, 2014
Coaching, supervising, training, operations, sales, daily, weekly, monthly reports, business development, community involvement.
Productive but limited
Financial Service Associate/ Personal Banker (Current Employee), East Hills, NYNovember 11, 2014
• This position is the first line of sales and service contact for customers, contributing to branch profitability.
• Provide customers with all aspects of product openings, servicing, and problem resolution.
• Proactively seek needs based sales/referral opportunities of the organization’s financial products through relationship building with the branches – more... customer base.
• Partnered with Market Manager and Small Business Relationship Manager to cultivate new commercial lending opportunities
• Assigned existing book of business and expected to increase both deposit and lending relationships
• Experienced in making outbound sales calls both in person and via telephone – less
A day in the life of a PUB Employee
Sr. Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Saugus, MANovember 7, 2014
Pros: great customers, friendly coworkers, great location
Cons: healthcare, short lunches, sales goals
I start the day off by coming in and getting my drawer from the vault to begin my teller duties. I then check to see if I have any calls I need to make to customers regarding sales or services.

After I finish my calls I check to make sure that everything that we faxed over the day before have reached the proper departments and have been imaged accordingly. – more... If they have not I refax and check again the next day.

Throughout the day I handle customer transactions as well as balancing the ATM, Vault and TAU (Cash Dispenser)

My coworkers and I get along wonderfully. I am a very positive person that can get along with anyone. I have been told by many coworkers that I bring a sense of positivity to the office.

The hardest part of my jobs is the sales. We are constantly being pushed to sell this and sell that and although I am able to succeed, I still find it personally difficult and it takes me out of my comfort zone.

I enjoy the customer interaction of my job the most. Being able to help people from day to day makes my entire job worth while. I love when a customer comes in with a problem or complaint and I can have them smiling by the time they leave. – less
The politics are unbelievable & lots of micro managers
High level staff professional (Current Employee), Bridgeport CTNovember 1, 2014
Pros: i work with some nice and talented people
Cons: many managers do not have the skills needed to lead and develop high level professionals
Over worked and under paid
Very low merit budget (why bother low)
Lots of back-stabbing at higher levels
The politics are unbelievable
Reward for good/great work is more work (no recognition or reward to go with that)
The consequence for low performers is usually less work (the better performers take that on) and they slide by for years
A great finance company.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CTOctober 27, 2014
Workplace environment was suitable for those interested in finances.
Training made understanding of position easy to learn.
Untraditional, boisterous and striving environment
Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee), Dix Hills, NYOctober 23, 2014
As an Assistant Branch Manager you have a great level of visibility in the community; Attending functions as well as serving in community organizations is vital. Responsible for developing new retail and commercial member relationships, expanding, and maintaining existing relationships utilizing professional sales techniques to prospect, identify, and – more... meet member needs. A Lending Representative with comprehension of consumer loans, mortgages, and commercial lending products. Prospect local businesses and organizations; develop relationships and workplace banking opportunities.

Observe branch traffic and workflow to ensure client service goals are met. Perform annual, semi-annual appraisals and audits. Develop, recommend, and implement processes of enhancements. Communicates and supports the mission of the company. Responsible to develop, manage and utilize various sales techniques to achieve aggressive individual and team branch sales objectives. Determine and attain deposit, loan, investment and fee income growth in cooperation and coordination with branch staff in an assumed marketplace. Ensure exceptional customer service to all clients to foster and inspire longevity.

Make certain branch adheres to operational policies, compliance requirements and security measures. Operate branch within a given budget. Develop, guide and train staff in multiple facets; including performance reviews, giving constructive feedback, and administering corrective action processes. Management of daily operations of a branch including managing clients; ensuring branch is in proof daily as well as maintaining branch controls. Create a dynamic environment for sales and service by assisting with ongoing training, sales analysis, and appraising branch goals. – less
Excellent working environment -
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Rutland, VTOctober 15, 2014
Pros: gained useful knowlege of the banking environment
Cons: department was disolved.
Enjoyed learning merchant services and helping customers on a daily basis. Strong support staff and enjoyable working environment. Sad that this department as part of a joint venture and all aspects were moved to new company out of state.
I am a quick learner and excelled with this favorable team working environment.
Shrinking benefits/no raises
Credit Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 14, 2014
Pros: if you don't work hard you probably won't be fired
Cons: talented people are leaving
Management is actively trying to cut expenses and is leveraging employee compensation and benefits. There is a true lack of leadership at the top and it shows in the stock price.
Productive Learning Environment
Lead Call Center Representative (Current Employee), Burlington, VTOctober 14, 2014
Pros: co-workers made it such a enjoyable and friendly environment
Cons: difficult to relay thoughts to management
* A Typical day at work is to come in at 8am, log into the phones and take calls until 5pm. We would have a 1hr lunch break during the day.
* I learned a lot about customer service, I feel this job helped me to aquire knowledge about how to handle escalated situations, and as a supervisor that is what I spent my day doing.
* The hardest part of the – more... job was figuring out certain customer issues. Some issues just take time to research and figure out. However this was also the most rewarding part of the job. Figuring out a complicated customer issue and being able to contact the customer and tell them that we have found a resolution was enjoyable. – less
Environment not conducive to conducting financial transactions
Senior Customer Service Associate/Teller (Current Employee), Staten Island, New YorkOctober 10, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: long hours. long drive from somerset, nj to staten island, ny.
People's United Bank is an in store bank. People's is open 7 days a week. As a Senior Customer Service Associate I am able to open and close the branch with another associate. The hardest part of the jobs is working at least three days a week open to close - 9AM to 7:30PM. I enjoy working and helping my customer have a great relationship with my bank.
To be provided
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Williston, VTSeptember 30, 2014
The job was not the opportunity it was made out to be during the interview process
Management does not work well with employees
Loan Library Representative (Former Employee), Williston, VTSeptember 29, 2014
Cons: benefits, pay and they do not promote within.
The management sucks they do not treat their employee's equally, They only promote within their little circle. There is no room for advancement. The company does not look at you as an individual they look at you as a number.
Its ok
Senior Customer Service Associate/Bank Teller (Current Employee), Mamaroneck, NYSeptember 19, 2014
Coworkers are great.
Company can be disorganized.
Upper management is out of touch
Good work environment
CSA Bank Teller (Current Employee), Lawrence, MASeptember 15, 2014
At People's United I have learned how to be comfortable in selling products. A typical work day for me is helping customers out in their need, making deposits and withdrawals. I enjoy helping out a customer and being able to see them leaving the branch satisfied and happy.
Lots of training and quick career advancement
Manager- Compliance/Operations (Current Employee), Mount Vernon, NYSeptember 5, 2014
Great place to begin your career. They provide tons of opportunity for growth and managers really want you to succeed. The bonus plans are structured poorly and the benefits are average but available.
Lots of advancement opportunities
Lead Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), York, MESeptember 3, 2014
Company is always encouraging growth and offers many opportunities for advancement within the company by taking classes. Great work hours and flexibility.
Productive Workplace
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Middleton, MAAugust 30, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: short breaks
Provide customer service by greeting and assisting customers, and responding to customer inquiries
and complaints.
Plan and coordinate sales promotions, and prepare displays and advertising.
Focusing on customers and listening to personal stories about their everyday lives.
Following all customer privacy protection laws making sure no customer information – more... is exposed.
Make customers feel safe and comfortable with sharing personal information requiring their money and banking needs. – less
Merchant Services was a great place to work. I felt blessed to have spent many years there.
Senior New Account Specialist (Former Employee), Rutland, VTJuly 31, 2014
Pros: enjoyed the work, worked with really special people, department managers & staff were very supportive when i was out on disability.
Cons: people's united bank corporate shows no loyalty, 25 years banking experience of which 19 years was with pub, i also had 7 years teller experience, they wouldn't even grant me an interview for a teller position
I would set up New Accounts-Did maintenance on existing accounts.

Provided Customer Service. Trained Merchant's on credit card processing.

I thoroughly enjoyed my job and the people I worked with.
great place, great people
Senior Financial Service Associate (Current Employee), Hempstead, NYJuly 24, 2014
its a great company to work for. great place and great people

1 2 3 4 5

About People's United Bank

People's United Financial is the holding company for People's United Bank (formerly People's Bank), which was founded in 1842. – Read more

People's United Bank Photos