People's United Bank

People's United Bank Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
N/A
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Carle Place, NYJune 29, 2015
Goals are low, and hence attainable. Back office support staff is excellent. Business partners are also a great asset to have while working on multiple deals.
Great place for new undergrads
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Marlborough, MAJune 25, 2015
Pros: Great place to work
Very hectic especially during busy seasons. You might have to work on weekends. great starting pay. It is sometimes hard to get a job there directly. thus, you might have to get in through an agency.
Great Coworkers, upper management was the issue
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Wells, MEJune 16, 2015
I work with wonderful coworkers daily but the upper management needs work. They don't understand what it is like to work face to face with customers so they make awful decisions based on assumption of day to day work. They don't treat you like individuals. It is also all about numbers without even considering the factors involved. They do offer a lot of training, but no pay raise for any of it.
Busy atmosphere with something new to learn everyday
Financial Service Associate (Current Employee), Bridgeport, CTJune 16, 2015
Working at my job is a very good learning environment. It is a very fast pace environment with a lot of learning opportunities. One of the main things learned is customer service, hence having great customer service skills. Management helps to make the day go by faster and clears up any questions or issues that come up throughout the day. Coworkers also help to get to the ultimate goal and we all work great together. The hardest part of the job is not being able to answer certain questions myself. This is where learning oportunities come from. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the satisfaction on the customer's face when their problem has been resolved and they have accomplished what they came to do.
Productive place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CTJune 4, 2015
People's Bank was an enjoyable place to work, with it's family oriented atmosphere. Most people who work there have been employed a long time witht he company. The history of the Bank is impressive and I learned a lot about myself and working with people.
Productive and professional
Customer Service (Current Employee), Torrington, CTMay 2, 2015
Love this job, love customers, love banking. I wait on customers, cash checks, deposits and withdrawls, also I can open accounts.
champainge taste on a beer budget
Lead Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), New Haven,CTApril 18, 2015
The experience that you get working at Peoples United is great. You can get ample training within the company if the tight scheduling will allow it. Working at a traditional branch is ideal, the Stop and Shop branch hours are very convenient for the customers, not so much for the employees. The day to day daily tasks that are asked of the employees are more than what you are compensated for. Employees – more... are often asked to work long 10 hour day, open and maintain personal and business accounts, open and close the branches, audit boxes and ATM. You are often expected to perform management tasks only being compensated for teller pay. It’s very hard to balance work and home life with PUB. It’s a great place to start and take advantage of the training; however it is not a career for most by any means. – less
Not great....
Customer Service (Former Employee), Nashua, NHApril 17, 2015
This bank has turned into such a corporate bank that all of it's employees despise working there. The pressure to sell banking products placed upon the tellers is deplorable and embarassing.
too much politics within the organization
Wealth Management Account Service Rep (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CTMarch 30, 2015
I learned a lot while I worked there for 3 1/2 years. The most enjoyable part of my job was communicating with various administrators across New England.
Long days
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Tarrytown, NYMarch 29, 2015
Don't feel valued as an employee. The pay is ok. Upper management is heavily involved in your day to day activities. Micro managers
Respect in all positions
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Commack, NYMarch 20, 2015
Pros: work life balance
Cons: no support
Set individual goals for large staff. Get daily focus for the day interact with all types of clients. Assist them with banking transactions such as lending & consumer & business deposits. Solve issues with accounts. Enjoyed the clients every day!
Growing pains but great learning opportunities
Customer Service Branch Manager (Current Employee), New YorkMarch 16, 2015
Pros: many certifications/trainings to be had
Cons: get pulled in many different and changing directions
Prior to the acquisition of ~60 branches of Citizens Bank, the company was run a certain way. Since then many things have changed in terms of management, goals, and overall focus.

The system of two managers, one operational and one sales, has intertwined their overall assignments without maintaining purpose for both roles.

In a Branch management role you are afforded many new items to learn/leverage/required thresholds such as; Mortgage lending, consumer lending, business lending, life insurance sales, investment sales, and Notary. While the trainings and licensing are great growth potentials, each new license/topic requires individual thresholds or goals to be met.
Friendly work environment
Senior Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Avon, CTMarch 12, 2015
It was a great learning experience and the people I worked with were extremely friendly. I really enjoyed my time there.
great learning experience
Intern (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CtJanuary 27, 2015
I would learn how different facets of the bank worked. As a intern I had to do a lot of the dirty work but enjoyed it. A typical day would be filing papers, or putting numbers on spreadsheets. Many of my co-workers were older then me so it was hard to relate but as a sports fan I was able to bond with many of the males about sports. The hardest part of the job was the monotonous day.
A little bank with a big bank attitude
Lead Customer Service Associate (Supervisor) (Current Employee), Boston, MAJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: nice hours
Cons: benefits suck, management has lost their way, you'll work hard but get 0 credit.
People's United Bank was a dream come true when I first started her 3 years ago. However; since starting here the culture has changed and everyone, especially the customers are suffering because of it.

The Boston market has focused a lot on hiring people from BOA so that they can bring that BOA attitude of selling and apply it here and while I believe change can be good, it has hurt this company. – more... New managers are not trained on the culture or even how to process transactions or open accounts. No one is ever held accountable and customers are always given wrong information because people in management don't want to admit they're wrong.

There used to be a lot of opertunity to grow but the growth manager won't promote anyone internally because he thinks everyone is lazy and tries to bully you into working for free until he is basically out of options and has to promote people out of pure nessacity.

If you're looking for a job this place will help to pay your bills but if you're looking for a career you might want to consider looking elsewhere. – less
It's really what you make of the experience.
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), MassachusettsJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: pto, worklife balance, numerous opportunities for growth
Cons: prevalent petty politics
Great work life balance and benefits. Largely sales oriented. You will do fine if you are not overwhelmed by the politics.
Know what you want to specialize in and know the right people and you'll gain great experience.
productive workplace
LEAD CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee), TorringtonJanuary 7, 2015
work day is filled with sales, good co-workers, driven team members
Love it
Customer Service Rep (CSA) (Current Employee), Danbury, CTJanuary 3, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
i love what i do at the bank. i learn everyday something new. i love working with my co-workers. its all about team work, there is always someone there to help with problems. i enjoy working with coworkers and customers. manager is always there to help and teach new things. i dont think i call hardest part of my job when i dont know how to help customer because i learn and use for next time.
An excellent company focused on the community.
ONLINE CONTENT MANAGER (Former Employee), Bridgeport, CTJanuary 1, 2015
Pros: management
People's United has a professional, community-or, it was oriented management staff. Each department, with whom I developed web content, had management with a forward focus. At every level ways to enable a positive customer experience was a priority.
Good Place to Work
Flood Insurance Monitoring Representative (Current Employee), Essex Junction, VTDecember 30, 2014
Great working environment and great people.
Worked with FIS and other banking software.
Management are friendly and constantly encouraging.
Best part of job is the relaxed and friendly environment.

1 2 3 4 5

About People's United Bank

People's United Financial is the holding company for People's United Bank (formerly People's Bank), which was founded in 1842. – Read more

People's United Bank Photos