People's United Bank

People's United Bank Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Shrinking benefits/no raises
Credit Analyst (Current Employee), New York, NYOctober 14, 2014
Pros: if you don't work hard you probably won't be fired
Cons: talented people are leaving
Management is actively trying to cut expenses and is leveraging employee compensation and benefits. There is a true lack of leadership at the top and it shows in the stock price.
Productive Learning Environment
Lead Call Center Representative (Current Employee), Burlington, VTOctober 14, 2014
Pros: co-workers made it such a enjoyable and friendly environment
Cons: difficult to relay thoughts to management
* A Typical day at work is to come in at 8am, log into the phones and take calls until 5pm. We would have a 1hr lunch break during the day.
* I learned a lot about customer service, I feel this job helped me to aquire knowledge about how to handle escalated situations, and as a supervisor that is what I spent my day doing.
* The hardest part of the – more... job was figuring out certain customer issues. Some issues just take time to research and figure out. However this was also the most rewarding part of the job. Figuring out a complicated customer issue and being able to contact the customer and tell them that we have found a resolution was enjoyable. – less
Environment not conducive to conducting financial transactions
Senior Customer Service Associate/Teller (Current Employee), Staten Island, New YorkOctober 10, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: long hours. long drive from somerset, nj to staten island, ny.
People's United Bank is an in store bank. People's is open 7 days a week. As a Senior Customer Service Associate I am able to open and close the branch with another associate. The hardest part of the jobs is working at least three days a week open to close - 9AM to 7:30PM. I enjoy working and helping my customer have a great relationship with my bank.
To be provided
Financial Advisor (Former Employee), Williston, VTSeptember 30, 2014
The job was not the opportunity it was made out to be during the interview process
Management does not work well with employees
Loan Library Representative (Former Employee), Williston, VTSeptember 29, 2014
Cons: benefits, pay and they do not promote within.
The management sucks they do not treat their employee's equally, They only promote within their little circle. There is no room for advancement. The company does not look at you as an individual they look at you as a number.
Its ok
Senior Customer Service Associate/Bank Teller (Current Employee), Mamaroneck, NYSeptember 19, 2014
Coworkers are great.
Company can be disorganized.
Upper management is out of touch
Good work environment
CSA Bank Teller (Current Employee), Lawrence, MASeptember 15, 2014
At People's United I have learned how to be comfortable in selling products. A typical work day for me is helping customers out in their need, making deposits and withdrawals. I enjoy helping out a customer and being able to see them leaving the branch satisfied and happy.
Lots of training and quick career advancement
Manager- Compliance/Operations (Current Employee), Mount Vernon, NYSeptember 5, 2014
Great place to begin your career. They provide tons of opportunity for growth and managers really want you to succeed. The bonus plans are structured poorly and the benefits are average but available.
Lots of advancement opportunities
Lead Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), York, MESeptember 3, 2014
Company is always encouraging growth and offers many opportunities for advancement within the company by taking classes. Great work hours and flexibility.
Productive Workplace
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Middleton, MAAugust 30, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: short breaks
Provide customer service by greeting and assisting customers, and responding to customer inquiries
and complaints.
Plan and coordinate sales promotions, and prepare displays and advertising.
Focusing on customers and listening to personal stories about their everyday lives.
Following all customer privacy protection laws making sure no customer information – more... is exposed.
Make customers feel safe and comfortable with sharing personal information requiring their money and banking needs. – less
Merchant Services was a great place to work. I felt blessed to have spent many years there.
Senior New Account Specialist (Former Employee), Rutland, VTJuly 31, 2014
Pros: enjoyed the work, worked with really special people, department managers & staff were very supportive when i was out on disability.
Cons: people's united bank corporate shows no loyalty, 25 years banking experience of which 19 years was with pub, i also had 7 years teller experience, they wouldn't even grant me an interview for a teller position
I would set up New Accounts-Did maintenance on existing accounts.

Provided Customer Service. Trained Merchant's on credit card processing.

I thoroughly enjoyed my job and the people I worked with.
great place, great people
Senior Financial Service Associate (Current Employee), Hempstead, NYJuly 24, 2014
its a great company to work for. great place and great people
Great opportunity for advancement
Financial Services Manager (Current Employee), Waterbury, CTJuly 20, 2014
The only downfall is having to work Sunday's.
The pay is around industry average.
Good job culture, although it seems to be changing.
Great environment to learn the banking industry
Financial Service Associate (Current Employee), Lake Ronkonkoma NYJuly 19, 2014
There really is no typical day at work, on any given day I can be performing teller functions then moving on to opening an account and finishing with submitting a loan application. Learning and growing are paramount in the People's United Bank culture. Thanks to my co-workers and managers my knowledge of the products offered and the industry as a whole – more... is improving each and every day. – less
Fairly good company, lack of promotions
Senior Exception Items Processing Rep (Current Employee), Bridgeport, CTJuly 13, 2014
A good company, no promotions, not great pay, lack of communications from management, good training.
BANK
Customer Service Manager (Current Employee), Bridgeport, CTJuly 3, 2014
ANVANCEMENT FROM ENTRY LEVEL IS POSSIBLE BUT NOT MUCH ADVANCEMENT AFER MANAGEMENT
Poor management in place
Account Manager (Current Employee), Burlington, VTJune 25, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: poor leadership in management positions
Work days can be overwhelming for some areas, while others have nearly no work to do. Management is not consistent with employees treatment making it difficult to work there.
Terrible Place to Work
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), NYMay 25, 2014
There is no work life balance, you are required to work 9/12 hr. days including weekends. Low pay and no raises given. Terrible upper management and HR. Have to do the same job as the FSM but get paid 20k-30k less.
Wasn't What I Expected
Financial Services Associate (Current Employee), New HampshieMay 2, 2014
Pros: good management
Cons: teller stuff all the time
Typical day was mainly teller stuff, learned I wasn't going to do just desk work, managers are great, co-workers great, hardest part was not going desk work, enjoyed co-workers.
Peoples United Bank
SR. Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Bristol, CTApril 21, 2014
People's United bank was a great job were you learned a lot about the banking and finance world. It's a job were you learned to deal with a range of customers and gain a lot of customer service skills. There is a big family vibe in every branch everyone helping out each other so the branch could succeed with sales goals. The hardest part of the job – more... was sometimes dealing with difficult or unhappy customers. the most enjoyable part was the people you worked with and the customers that came in all the time were very pleasant. also gaining knowledge from doing day to day transactions – less

1 2 3 4

About People's United Bank

People's United FinancialĀ is the holding company for People's United Bank (formerly People's Bank), which was founded in 1842. – Read more

People's United Bank Photos