Pentair, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great work environment
Safety manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 11, 2016
employee's are easy to work with , management support is very good , work day consists of safety meeting receiving permit survey work area.
The hardest part is seeing someone dismissed because of life saving rules violation , The most enjoyable is when all members are working together for a common goal.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Not a long term empolyment
Pentair is a great place to work
Inside Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Glendale, WIJanuary 30, 2016
Pentair has provided me with many opportunities over the last 28 years. I have had the opportunity to grow and develop great relationships with our customers and reps.my job was busy and never really knew what to expect day to day which was a real challenge that I enjoyed. I loved all my co workers when you have 28 years at a company you create great friend ships in all departments. The hardest part of the job is not making that customer happy it may be we don't have the product ,we didn't get their order exc. mosy enjoyable part is taking that upset customer to a level of satisfaction in the phone call, it just gave me a smile every time, most the it was an easy issue to resolve.
Pros
loved working with my co workers
Cons
Would have liked a little more of a mentor of a boss, so I would have been able to move to the next level, in the company.
Fun work place with great people who want to improve.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Delevan , WiJanuary 27, 2016
Pentair was a great place were I learned a lot about safety and lean.I was able to travel to other plants in the company to fix broken process or add process if it was not there.
Good Environment of work
JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDJanuary 16, 2016
I learned about digitrace and thermotrace and how the heat trace work, and the good part of the job is the good environment of work.
Pros
Pay Perdiem
Cons
No healthcare
Great people and care about each other
Lean Enterprise Leader (Current Employee) –  Moorpark, CAJanuary 5, 2016
Great place to work and grow. Good people and good environment. A lot of room to move up and learn. The hardest part of the job was the travel. It was over 75%, but that is atypical for most positions.
very hard work
Iron Pourer (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHDecember 30, 2015
very hard work..must be physically fit to operate equipment..dirty environment pay is decent but it takes a toll on your body. very dangerous work.
productive, hard work, actively moving and fun with friendly workers
Machine Operator/Assembler I (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNDecember 6, 2015
Good place to work and lots of learning experiences. Teamwork was shown and taught well with groups. Lots of communications within teamwork, team lead and supervisors
Pros
free beverages and good benefits
productive and a fun place to work.
Temp (Former Employee) –  Delavan, WIDecember 3, 2015
Inspected all incoming parts before used for defects. Learned how to take pictures and insert them on an E-mail. Management was great. I loved working with my co-workers, we all helped each other out. The hardest part of my job was that most of the molds the other companies used to make the parts needed repairs, but they did not want to repair. I helped keep track of rejected parts from over seas and was able to collect refunds for all. this was never done before. I was very proud of my self.
Pros
Were able to listen to music at your desks.
Cons
I was only working as a temp, would liked to been hired.
Great place to work...good people and they like to have fun.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TexasNovember 23, 2015
Pentair has been a good company to work for. They are always trying to help you learn new skills and keep you up to date on the latest and greatest technology.
Fun place to work
Accounts Payable Accountant UK & Ireland (Current Employee) –  Manchester, ENGNovember 17, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
The best company that I work for
On-Side Manager (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 9, 2015
Excellent companyto work for, great benefits, well manage, good people and enviroment, I know many employees that work here for maore than 20 years, many generations.
Benefits
Sinking ship
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Anoka, MNOctober 29, 2015
Years ago it was a great place. Management has made cuts and are driving people away. Anybody there longer than 10 years hasn't had a raise this decade. Morale is low and they can't figure out why. By not paying above average, no real talent is coming through the door. Due to this, there is all kinds of forced over time. The job it self isn't bad. The environment has become toxic.
Pros
Location and good safety record
Cons
No raises and forced over time
Gate Valves
Product Specialist (Former Employee) –  Reno-Stead, NVOctober 26, 2015
Nice place to work. Pentair puts a lot of effort on Lean. You will spend a lot of time working with others during Gemba walks. I would recommend this company.
Pros
Education Reimbursment
Cons
Small sales force
Fun place to work
Production Supervisor / Sr. Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Moorpark CAOctober 22, 2015
Enjoyable, technical, lots of engineering challenges and projects, good management, in process of renovating, technology wise is average
Good Place to Work
Automation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNOctober 20, 2015
Good Place to work, however macines need to be updated to keep up with customer demands, Machines are out of date and difficult to repair do to most items are obsolete
Pros
Free Soda Fountain
Cons
Dated Equipment
poor
Labor/ Quality Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHOctober 7, 2015
poor union old machines that broke down all the time making your life miserable and unable to perform your job management was poor and always clueless
Pros
pay was good
Cons
worked from behind all the time because of junk machines
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXOctober 6, 2015
Very productive work place & always working to find a new / improved process to benefit the customer. all individuals have there own privacy to be able to work properly & efficiently.
Horrible place to work
Finish dept (Former Employee) –  Dover NhSeptember 24, 2015
Loudy hours and low pay. Who can work for $9 an hour?? Place was dirty and poorly managed. Turn over rate was the highest I've ever seen at a company. A they want is more and give no incentive for working hard and showing up every day. Don't work here you won't be happy!
Pros
Nonr
Cons
Lousy hours and low pay
Excellent place to work at, and even better people to work with.
Assembly / Fabrication worker (Former Employee) –  Anoka, MNSeptember 20, 2015
Fast paced place with plenty of challenges.
Leads are friendly and helpful.
Co-workers come from all walks of life and are a cheerful bunch.
You can expect to grow accustomed to days being the same every day.
Pros
Friendly people, lots of positions to learn from.
Cons
Little job advancement.
Great people Great Job
Journayman electrian (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 10, 2015
a typical day consist of running pipe or pulling wire,they provided ample help and ever persons in a management position was very knowledgeable and willing to teach whoever wanted to learn. all in all id give this company a A+
Pros
hr lunch on some sites great compensation