Pentair, Inc.

Pentair, Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Documentation Specialist (Current Employee), Houston, TXJune 18, 2015
Good place to work, Enjoy my job. Work has taught me to alot more in the job field. Management was easy to work with, and there were pleasant people to work with and learn from.
Active and very positive workers in production
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee), 13950 mountain ave, Chino CAJune 16, 2015
Pros: Communicating with workers
Cons: Safety Hazards and focus more on workers concerns.
Workers are very energetic and positive. Management needs more staff to run facility in production. Management too busy to pay attention to safety suggestions given or safety hazards towards workers. Speaking to my fellow makes the job interesting to keep going. Most enjoyable part is when management listens to our concerns/.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 15, 2015
Pros: job was easy to do
Cons: not much room for advancement, no part time work and upper managment really out of touch with some team members
There is not much room for advancement, nor part time work available and upper managment really out of touch with some team members

Easy work, kind of repetition at times, order entry, answer phone 6 hours out of 8, resolve issues/disputes, process credits and RMA's
Pentair's goal is to keep a Win Right culture.
Applications Systems Analyst IV (Former Employee), Ashland, OHJune 15, 2015
Pros: Co-Workers
Cons: Agility to respond to bad economy.
Pentair's goal is to keep a Win Right culture. Lean Manufacturing is their attempt to cut costs internally. Great bunch of people to work with.
Not a good place to work
Supply Chain (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXJune 10, 2015
Pros: Good pay
Cons: Management, and excessive OT
Management not in tune with shop/cell functions just a "get it done" no matter what attitude. Plant Manager and Materials Mgr sucks !! They both are like dictators; besides this, every one at top level want to give orders. The hardest part of the job is been dealing with those Mgrs and the excessive OT; you cannot have a life balance due to this. They do not care if you are tired or not able to work OT, you MUST work even Saturdays and Sundays. If you do not agree on mngt decisions, it's like you are against to them and be sure they will fire you in a little while.... Good pay but, it does not wurth it.
Busy all day long with short lunch breaks
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee), Brookfield, WIMay 19, 2015
Pros: Good benifits, a lot of OT, always had work to do
Cons: To strict felt like you was working in a prison, too much OT
Busy all day long with little time to think but on the task at hand. I learned hold to assemble various types of water purification valves. Management was strict and direct could have been better. co workers were all good hard working people. Hardest part is standing in one spot for 10hrs a day. Enjoyable part of the job is between the months of Oct. and December with all the potlucks and Christmas party.
Some very ambititous, talented people.
Assembler (Current Employee), North AuroraMay 12, 2015
Pros: Lean efforts
Cons: The newest lean engineer
The company has a few very ambititous, talented people who truly want to help the company and help everyone succeed. However, others just ride on the coat tails and do as little as possible to still collect a paycheck. Another downside is that I see too much pressure put onto the harder working people to make up for the lazy ones. No one ever seems to get fired, no matter what happens. No one is held accountable with any kind of punishment. Some management will also talk badly about coworkers which makes us union workers lose trust in the organization. We used to be a very proud pump company, but now I see us starting to go downhill.
great work place
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Sanford, NCMay 6, 2015
Pros: great coworkers
Cons: layoffs
I enjoyed working here because their was always something new to learn and the supervisors were all very friendly and didn't hesitate to train me on a certain task.
Pentair One
E-Learning Developer (Former Employee), Delavan, WIApril 17, 2015
Pros: working to increase personal best
Cons: No teamwork, no positive morale, no appreciation
Most people came into work, did their own job were only social if you approached them, and then left at the end of the day. There was only teamwork when it was mandatory.
Embracing Lean
Value Stream Manager (Former Employee), Mount Sterling, KYApril 15, 2015
As a Value Stream Manager, I managed up to 65 employees, including 6 direct reports. Each day required the constant re-balancing of the production line to ensure targets were met. That was the most challenging and rewarding part of my job.
Excellent workplace
Production Technician (Former Employee), Moorpark, CAApril 1, 2015
Fair pay and you are always offered overtime. I loved the hours/schedule I worked. I was able to get out of work and still run errands in the daytime.
Great Culture with ample resources to expand knowledge for Graduate Engineer Trainees
Planning Engineer (Current Employee), SharjahMarch 22, 2015
Pros: great medical insurance and benifits, free breakfast and lunch, supportive colleagues, flexible working hours
Cons: no half yearly/yearly bonus, promotion takes long time
I joined the company as a Graduate Engineer Trainee. I got to learn how to work in a corporate world, got hands on training. I quickly learned how to adapt in a results-driven environment. Every single employee is willing to help and extend their expertise. Even as the company expands rapidly, Everyone seems to enjoy it here and has the right balance between fun and productivity. The atmosphere is fun and exciting. Expectations and goals are high but the support is present to help all employees achieve set goals. Management wants to help their teams succeed.
Decent pay with decent benefits
Pump Tester (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSMarch 20, 2015
Pros: decent wages and benefits, incentives for reaching safety goals
Cons: the union is nothing more than a puppet with management pulling the strings
Pentair is a typical corporate environment where money is always the bottom line. It is a union shop, and a very weak union at that.
a nice work place with nice peoples
Assembly packing worker (Former Employee), Roseville, MNMarch 10, 2015
it's was nice and clean at this work place and i have learn with dealing, try to understand, and being friendly with the new and different peoples that have new and different type of personalities within myself. I don't really see any thing much hard about this job.
most likely about this job to me it was almost everything i do make me enjoyed and it is make me feel like my life it is not that bad.
productive and fun environment
Assembler/Production (Former Employee), WIFebruary 23, 2015
the nights were long but flew by fast, the co workers made the job enjoyable and the management was reasonable. i learned team work and communication is key to get the job done efficiently and on time
Specialty Application Group which is part of Industrial Heat Tracing Solutions platform needed a solution to handle SAG requests from Sales. This is t
SharePoint Consultant (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2015
• Analyze current business process and gather requirements from stakeholders
• Design SharePoint solution including Libraries, Lists, Pages, Charts and Workflows
• Create and Customize List Forms for each Request type
• Created several view for users, team members and executives
• Design Dashboard page with several charts like number of requests in each request type, by location, by team member, by status and On Time Delivery.
• Design home page with SAG logo, motto and tiles style new request buttons
• Created SharePoint Designer Workflows
• Create a solution for document management
• Train the SAG team and executives on how to use the tool
Project Engineer
New Product Introduction Engineer (Former Employee), Goa, IndiaFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: long hours
Total Solutions for Water Industry
Good Work
Project Teamwork
• Organizing review meetings for continuous improvements, maintaining CAPEX reports and reporting budget variance and schedule.
• Research investigations for product market using appropriate tools for and techniques such as PPAP, FMEA etc.
• Ensuring compliance with QMS, safety regulations and providing recommendations relating to feasibility of execution at site.
• Assisting in setting up a state of the art pump test rig facility for India’s largest fire fighting pump.
• Lean manufacturing Kaizen activities for 5S, VSM and visual management on manufacturing line
it's no good
warehouse employees (Current Employee), Menlo Park ,CaliforniaFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: nada
Cons: everything
They work you so much and they don't care about your personal life all you hear about is the bad thing you do you never do anything good in there pony of view
Fair
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee), Conroe, TXFebruary 3, 2015
No chance for advancement, I handle all receiving and QA it when it comes in. The hardest part of the job is all the heavy lifting and not having anyone to back me up or help. I have mastered the computer skills needed to perform my job to a high standard.
Program Analyst II (Former Employee), New Brighton, MNJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: compensation, advancement opportunity, company culture.
Cons: demanding travel schedule.
Pentair is a great company to work for, with a customer focused culture, excellent compensation and benefits plans, and a fair work/life balance. Highly recommended.

1 2 3 4 5

About Pentair, Inc.

Pentair is pumped about water! Water & Fluid Solutions, the company's largest segment, manufactures water flow and filtration – Read more