Pentair, Inc. Employee Reviews

horrible place to work
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Harwin TxApril 22, 2016
Management has no brain, no advancement opportunity, no encouragement on dedication even layoffs good employees on personal like or dislike basis.
Pros
Cons
no good health care, only one company allowed.
fun place to work
Material Handler Assembly (Former Employee) –  brookfiledApril 7, 2016
did assembly work, learned different lies in residential and commercial, drove the train that delivered the parts to the lines, stocked parts, people there are great
Pros
great hours
Horrible!
Mfg. Engineer (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXApril 5, 2016
Worst place in my 25 years in manufacturing. POOR management. Human robots with no brains. More interested in looking like a world class company, than actually making it happen.
Pros
Cons
regime mentality
High Production Shop
Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Anoka, MNMarch 25, 2016
Large company with low income employees for the most part. Plays a large role in the electrical enclosure industry. Assembly line style work environment.
Pros
Free lunch on weekendslots of overtime
Cons
long hours at night. favoritism among higher ups.
Great people to work with.
Employee (Former Employee) –  PentairMarch 10, 2016
Benefits are great but the price of insurance seems to be increasing yearly. A typical day at work is sitting staring at a computer all day. Must be able to manage your time wisely.
Good Place to learn new things at.
Lead Insulator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXMarch 7, 2016
Was a good environment and also good place to learn new things. It was a good opportunity and thought me a lot of things as well working there with them.
A pleasure to have worked for this company
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glen Waverley VICFebruary 26, 2016
Commenced employment as a Receptionist and over time advanced to Personal Assistant to the Financial Director and State Manager. Thrived on the busy environment working as part of a great team combined with high professionalism and excellent time management. Unfortunately was made redundant along with most of the staff.
Pros
Working with a great team
Cons
Fun working environment while listening to music.
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Delavan, WIFebruary 18, 2016
As soon as the shift started we would do our daily stretches for 15-20 mins then we would jump right on the line. There were a total of 8 people working on different parts of the pump but we had to do a total of 300 a night with only 2 people testing the pump then blowing the out with air. Afterward the lead guards, decals, and screens if needed we put on. While thats going on the other person would build the box, insert the manuals, and anything else it required. After the finished products were box and stapled they were arranged neatly on the palat.I learned a lot of different ways to handle problems in a timely fashion without falling to far behind or when to get a hold of a manager. Management was only really around when there was a problem. My co-works were some of the funnest people to be around till something bad happened then it sometimes lead to a lot of arguments. The hardest part of the job was having to constantly make up for lose time do to the machines. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing that we were at 96-100% quota every night and know that i was excepted so quickly because i learned so quickly.
Pros
It was nice during cooler days
Cons
non-smoking breaks
learning experance
Materials handler (Former Employee) –  Winamac, INFebruary 16, 2016
Working with the group of guys that I did work with was great because of the help we gave to each other when needed. The plant manager even came out at time to help. The hardest thing about working there was making sure inventory was correct at all times.
Pros
quarterly bonus
My dream job
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sheboygan, WIFebruary 11, 2016
I worked just short of 12 years at Pentair Water. I started in Technical Support and ended there as well. I have strong organizational skills, strong attention to detail, strong sense of urgency/ multi tasker, Pentair water analysis combined with usual office business. While at Pentair I used MS Word Power Point, Excel and Outlook.

After Pentair Water closed, I attended LTC for the Graphics & Web Design program. I am now familiar with Adobe In Design, Photoshop, Quark Express, and Adobe Illustrator.

I did not finish the course as I needed to get back to earning money.
Pros
I loved my job even thugh it was very busy at times.
Cons
Pentair Water closed it's doors on September 9, 2009
Great work environment
Safety manager (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 11, 2016
employee's are easy to work with , management support is very good , work day consists of safety meeting receiving permit survey work area.
The hardest part is seeing someone dismissed because of life saving rules violation , The most enjoyable is when all members are working together for a common goal.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Not a long term empolyment
Pentair is a great place to work
Inside Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Glendale, WIJanuary 30, 2016
Pentair has provided me with many opportunities over the last 28 years. I have had the opportunity to grow and develop great relationships with our customers and reps.my job was busy and never really knew what to expect day to day which was a real challenge that I enjoyed. I loved all my co workers when you have 28 years at a company you create great friend ships in all departments. The hardest part of the job is not making that customer happy it may be we don't have the product ,we didn't get their order exc. mosy enjoyable part is taking that upset customer to a level of satisfaction in the phone call, it just gave me a smile every time, most the it was an easy issue to resolve.
Pros
loved working with my co workers
Cons
Would have liked a little more of a mentor of a boss, so I would have been able to move to the next level, in the company.
Fun work place with great people who want to improve.
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Delevan , WiJanuary 27, 2016
Pentair was a great place were I learned a lot about safety and lean.I was able to travel to other plants in the company to fix broken process or add process if it was not there.
Good Environment of work
JOURNEYMAN ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Dickinson, NDJanuary 16, 2016
I learned about digitrace and thermotrace and how the heat trace work, and the good part of the job is the good environment of work.
Pros
Pay Perdiem
Cons
No healthcare
Great people and care about each other
Lean Enterprise Leader (Current Employee) –  Moorpark, CAJanuary 5, 2016
Great place to work and grow. Good people and good environment. A lot of room to move up and learn. The hardest part of the job was the travel. It was over 75%, but that is atypical for most positions.
very hard work
Iron Pourer (Former Employee) –  Ashland, OHDecember 30, 2015
very hard work..must be physically fit to operate equipment..dirty environment pay is decent but it takes a toll on your body. very dangerous work.
productive, hard work, actively moving and fun with friendly workers
Machine Operator/Assembler I (Former Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNDecember 6, 2015
Good place to work and lots of learning experiences. Teamwork was shown and taught well with groups. Lots of communications within teamwork, team lead and supervisors
Pros
free beverages and good benefits
productive and a fun place to work.
Temp (Former Employee) –  Delavan, WIDecember 3, 2015
Inspected all incoming parts before used for defects. Learned how to take pictures and insert them on an E-mail. Management was great. I loved working with my co-workers, we all helped each other out. The hardest part of my job was that most of the molds the other companies used to make the parts needed repairs, but they did not want to repair. I helped keep track of rejected parts from over seas and was able to collect refunds for all. this was never done before. I was very proud of my self.
Pros
Were able to listen to music at your desks.
Cons
I was only working as a temp, would liked to been hired.
Great place to work...good people and they like to have fun.
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TexasNovember 23, 2015
Pentair has been a good company to work for. They are always trying to help you learn new skills and keep you up to date on the latest and greatest technology.
Fun place to work
Accounts Payable Accountant UK & Ireland (Current Employee) –  Manchester, ENGNovember 17, 2015
Fun work place with supportive management. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.