Pentair, Inc.

Pentair, Inc. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Embracing Lean
Value Stream Manager (Former Employee), Mount Sterling, KYApril 15, 2015
As a Value Stream Manager, I managed up to 65 employees, including 6 direct reports. Each day required the constant re-balancing of the production line to ensure targets were met. That was the most challenging and rewarding part of my job.
Excellent workplace
Production Technician (Former Employee), Moorpark, CAApril 1, 2015
Fair pay and you are always offered overtime. I loved the hours/schedule I worked. I was able to get out of work and still run errands in the daytime.
Great Culture with ample resources to expand knowledge for Graduate Engineer Trainees
Planning Engineer (Current Employee), SharjahMarch 22, 2015
Pros: great medical insurance and benifits, free breakfast and lunch, supportive colleagues, flexible working hours
Cons: no half yearly/yearly bonus, promotion takes long time
I joined the company as a Graduate Engineer Trainee. I got to learn how to work in a corporate world, got hands on training. I quickly learned how to adapt in a results-driven environment. Every single employee is willing to help and extend their expertise. Even as the company expands rapidly, Everyone seems to enjoy it here and has the right balance between fun and productivity. The atmosphere is fun and exciting. Expectations and goals are high but the support is present to help all employees achieve set goals. Management wants to help their teams succeed.
Decent pay with decent benefits
Pump Tester (Former Employee), Kansas City, KSMarch 20, 2015
Pros: decent wages and benefits, incentives for reaching safety goals
Cons: the union is nothing more than a puppet with management pulling the strings
Pentair is a typical corporate environment where money is always the bottom line. It is a union shop, and a very weak union at that.
a nice work place with nice peoples
Assembly packing worker (Former Employee), Roseville, MNMarch 10, 2015
it's was nice and clean at this work place and i have learn with dealing, try to understand, and being friendly with the new and different peoples that have new and different type of personalities within myself. I don't really see any thing much hard about this job.
most likely about this job to me it was almost everything i do make me enjoyed and it is make me feel like my life it is not that bad.
productive and fun environment
Assembler/Production (Former Employee), WIFebruary 23, 2015
the nights were long but flew by fast, the co workers made the job enjoyable and the management was reasonable. i learned team work and communication is key to get the job done efficiently and on time
Specialty Application Group which is part of Industrial Heat Tracing Solutions platform needed a solution to handle SAG requests from Sales. This is t
SharePoint Consultant (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 23, 2015
• Analyze current business process and gather requirements from stakeholders
• Design SharePoint solution including Libraries, Lists, Pages, Charts and Workflows
• Create and Customize List Forms for each Request type
• Created several view for users, team members and executives
• Design Dashboard page with several charts like number of requests in each request type, by location, by team member, by status and On Time Delivery.
• Design home page with SAG logo, motto and tiles style new request buttons
• Created SharePoint Designer Workflows
• Create a solution for document management
• Train the SAG team and executives on how to use the tool
Project Engineer
New Product Introduction Engineer (Former Employee), Goa, IndiaFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: long hours
Total Solutions for Water Industry
Good Work
Project Teamwork
• Organizing review meetings for continuous improvements, maintaining CAPEX reports and reporting budget variance and schedule.
• Research investigations for product market using appropriate tools for and techniques such as PPAP, FMEA etc.
• Ensuring compliance with QMS, safety regulations and providing recommendations relating to feasibility of execution at site.
• Assisting in setting up a state of the art pump test rig facility for India’s largest fire fighting pump.
• Lean manufacturing Kaizen activities for 5S, VSM and visual management on manufacturing line
it's no good
warehouse employees (Current Employee), Menlo Park ,CaliforniaFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: nada
Cons: everything
They work you so much and they don't care about your personal life all you hear about is the bad thing you do you never do anything good in there pony of view
Fair
Receiving Clerk (Current Employee), Conroe, TXFebruary 3, 2015
No chance for advancement, I handle all receiving and QA it when it comes in. The hardest part of the job is all the heavy lifting and not having anyone to back me up or help. I have mastered the computer skills needed to perform my job to a high standard.
Program Analyst II (Former Employee), New Brighton, MNJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: compensation, advancement opportunity, company culture.
Cons: demanding travel schedule.
Pentair is a great company to work for, with a customer focused culture, excellent compensation and benefits plans, and a fair work/life balance. Highly recommended.
Fast paced
Quality Engineer (Former Employee), Chardon, OHJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: fast paced and challenging, your successes will be noticed and lauded
Cons: overtime is inevitable, anything negative can (and will) happen
You have to love quality to enjoy this opportunity, but if you do, it will be very rewarding. Management was great and will challenge you to do things you didn't think you were capable of. If not prepared, very easy to get overwhelmed and at times it can seem like all the other departments are against you but such is the nature of manufacturing. If you can succeed here, you can succeed anywhere
Assembler / Packer (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
I Enjoyed working for the company. I learned various job duties that would help me in other job places. The management was ok but I still learned a lot. The hardest part of the job was start up the machine and learning how it works. the most enjoyable part of the job was when we sometimes got pizza.
nice work place
Assembly Technician (Former Employee), Sanford, NCJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: nice work place
Cons: lay off
caterpillar is a good work place and the employee's work very well together to make sure they have quality products. employee's worked at a team.
good company
Sales and Technical Support Representative (Former Employee), Delavan, WIJanuary 6, 2015
Not sure about the other locations but at Pentair in Delavan, I loved my job and the people, from the office to the manufacturing site. good company to work for.
New Managemet and HR does not care for employees.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 29, 2014
Since the company became Pentair, the management and HR have show little to no care for the employees and work/life balance. Most employees at the Houston location are miserable.
Lean process
Planning, Scheduling Supervisor & Master Planner (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXDecember 22, 2014
Lean process. Manufacturing/Assembly/Shipping Valves to Distributors and End User. Daily Gemba Walk through all departments. Measure OTD/Daily shipping dollars. Need to have product knowledge to be successful.
No Thanks
Employee (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNDecember 15, 2014
Pros: no thanks
Cons: no thanks
No thank you, I prefer not to discuss this company. There were a lot of nice people and a lot of not so nice people. Typical organization, nothing new or out of the ordinary.
Fast Pace Work Environment
R&D Electrical Engineer Co-op (Former Employee), Brookfield, WIDecember 2, 2014
Pros: flexibility
Cons: small number of engineers
Learned about different engineering process and products.
Engaged in team activites and project design.
Developed hardware and software for water softeners.
company gives back
Brazer (Former Employee), Anoka, MNNovember 22, 2014
Pros: good break times
Cons: people stayed temps for too long 2+ years
good busy environment, good people and the company would go out of there way to provide employees with extra care around holidays exp. free turkey dinner for thanksgiving and free steak dinners for vets on veteran day etc.

1 2 3 4 5

About Pentair, Inc.

Pentair is pumped about water! Water & Fluid Solutions, the company's largest segment, manufactures water flow and filtration – Read more