Penske

Penske Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun Place to Work
Special Billing Clerk (Former Employee), Brea, CAFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: exciting environment
Cons: healthcare
A typical day at work would be reviewing invoices and entering them into our database. I learned how to handle a high volume of invoices. Management was very engaging. My co-workers were very enjoyable to work with. The hardest part of the job was the commute in traffic. The most enjoyable part of the job, was getting great reviews from my management.
Good Benefits, Great employees
A worldwide leader (Former Employee), Reading, PAFebruary 7, 2014
Great employees, very good benefits. Enjoyed one on one time with employees. Disliked SOP were not established where it was necessary to be established. Micromanaging employees that were productive and ignoring employees that were not pulling their weight. That was primarily done by Mid-level manager who was wanting to standardize to his way of thinking, – more... not regulatory. This was not a company wide practice, but happened to be my personal experience with the company. Also, Safety Department was primarily comprised of individuals that had no where to fit within the organization but did not want to terminate them. – less
Fast pace, busy, and great co-workers to work with.
Senior Rental Representative (Former Employee), Honolulu, HIFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: keep busy and make day go by faster.
Cons: don't get off work on time.
Typical day at work is open rental office, count and record all vehicles on the lot. count cash in drawer, Input reservations into computer, check vehicles in and out and inspect vehicles, deposit daily sales into bank, did account receivables, answer phone calls, parked trucks into lot, call lease customers to bring trucks in for services, created – more... long term rental agreement to rental customers, and faxed and filed documents. – less
fun job with great people
Customer Service Representative Tech (Former Employee), Morrisville, NCFebruary 2, 2014
getting the rental trucks gassed and cleaned up for the next customer . coworkers and management were the best i ever worked with .
Good company to work for.
Shipping/Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee), Batavia, ILFebruary 2, 2014
Penske was third party logistics for Accuride Corporation. I enjoyed using the knowledge I had already gained and leading the new team members.
Fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Albany, NYJanuary 30, 2014
Penske is a great place to start your future in the field of renting Trucks and getting to know your customers
Team member support and great training
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Spring Hill, TNJanuary 28, 2014
Energetic team players and willing to go above and beyond to deliver quality results.
Typical Logistics
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Brownstown, MIJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: nice global company, room for growth, no glass ceiling
Cons: long hours, union, contacts
Just like most logistics company they are at the mercy of the fleet. What I mean by that is the truck loads are what really makes the company move, both the inbound from the suppliers and our own out bound shuttles. Adding to that it is a union facility so there is unnecessary politics always a mist.
Discriminative and Unwilling to train
Rental Agent (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 24, 2014
I worked for Penske for 8 months never recieved real training
good dispatchers
Auto Parts Delivery Truck Driver (Former Employee), Flint, MIJanuary 21, 2014
good dispatchers and good runs if u can get them. friendly co-workers ok trucks some new and not so new....
I enjoyed working for Penske. Pay was acceptable, raises annually, great benefits.
Secretary to District Manager (Former Employee), East Lee Street, Greensboro, NCJanuary 19, 2014
I had a very happy work environment at Penske Truck Leasing. I was transferred from working in the Colfax location when the District Manager Secretary position was eliminated. When I moves to East Lee Street in Greensboro, once again it was a very comfortable environment. I had different but fulfilling work responsibilities. I enjoyed the training on – more... new software. – less
Decent place, somewhat stuck in their ways
Management Trainee (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: lunch break, decent pay
Cons: working weekends, people dont care
Lots of things could be done better, but overall not a bad place to work. Better organization and planning could benefit completely, and those who earn being promoted should be promoted, not just longest tenured employees.
Fast paced environment
Fork-Lift Operator (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: hiring freeze
Great place to work if you can get on as full time employee. The benefits were great. This company is connect to Ford Motor Company and there was a hiring freeze because of the car industry woes. After a year of waiting to get hired permanently I sought other more secure employment.
Productavive workplace.
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: it was a good workout doing this job
Cons: start time was 3 am.
Go in create these orders that were going to be delivered to Starbucks, load the trucks and then then would get delivered all over AZ to all Starbucks. Great people who worked there very generous and kind, great work atmosphere.
Awesome Team and Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Scheduler) (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: great team, benefits and compenstion
Cons: poor advancement opportunity.
Working together with warehouse and route drivers to disrepute product to customers. A light hearted team, who worked well together. Management team was open door, and did not micro-manage.
Penske logistics is a terrable place to work
Team lead (Former Employee), East Greenville, PAJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: no raises in six years
no job advancement
there are no bonuses no raises no forklift pre maintenance
Company is Career Orinted and Coworkers
Penske Logistics (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: pay/management/work atmosphere
Cons: wish contracts were longer
Daily reports on Compliance & Drivers recruiting, learned to overcome obstacles encouraging Safety with 42 Drivers. Management are professional and kind, coworkers are team players, hardest part of job was turning an applicant down, most enjoyable was Work environment, SMITH System Certified and Safety Compliance.
Women typically do not get higher ranking promotions
General (Former Employee), MichiganJanuary 6, 2014
If 50% of the workplace is women (not verified, but typical split) I would see roughly one woman per 40 men advancing to the higher positions. Promotions to higher ranking jobs is unusual for women.

Management concepts are sound. Strong on improving efficiency and driving down costs.
good people
level 2 technician (Current Employee), Carrollton, TXJanuary 5, 2014
I enjoy my co-workers and the bosses will work with your schedule
I really liked my job at penske.Imiss my co-workers
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: vacation-holidays-saftey and attendance bonuses
Cons: i really dont have anything negative to say
varied shifts -fast pace-loading and uloading trucks.company lost Ford contract to a competitor at contract renewal time.wish I was still there

About Penske

Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pa., is a joint venture of Penske Corporation and General Electric. – Read more