Penske

Penske Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Typical Logistics
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Brownstown, MIJanuary 26, 2014
Pros: nice global company, room for growth, no glass ceiling
Cons: long hours, union, contacts
Just like most logistics company they are at the mercy of the fleet. What I mean by that is the truck loads are what really makes the company move, both the inbound from the suppliers and our own out bound shuttles. Adding to that it is a union facility so there is unnecessary politics always a mist.
Discriminative and Unwilling to train
Rental Agent (Current Employee), Denver, COJanuary 24, 2014
I worked for Penske for 8 months never recieved real training
good dispatchers
Auto Parts Delivery Truck Driver (Former Employee), Flint, MIJanuary 21, 2014
good dispatchers and good runs if u can get them. friendly co-workers ok trucks some new and not so new....
I enjoyed working for Penske. Pay was acceptable, raises annually, great benefits.
Secretary to District Manager (Former Employee), East Lee Street, Greensboro, NCJanuary 19, 2014
I had a very happy work environment at Penske Truck Leasing. I was transferred from working in the Colfax location when the District Manager Secretary position was eliminated. When I moves to East Lee Street in Greensboro, once again it was a very comfortable environment. I had different but fulfilling work responsibilities. I enjoyed the training on – more... new software. – less
Decent place, somewhat stuck in their ways
Management Trainee (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: lunch break, decent pay
Cons: working weekends, people dont care
Lots of things could be done better, but overall not a bad place to work. Better organization and planning could benefit completely, and those who earn being promoted should be promoted, not just longest tenured employees.
Fast paced environment
Fork-Lift Operator (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: hiring freeze
Great place to work if you can get on as full time employee. The benefits were great. This company is connect to Ford Motor Company and there was a hiring freeze because of the car industry woes. After a year of waiting to get hired permanently I sought other more secure employment.
Productavive workplace.
Warehouse Operator (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJanuary 18, 2014
Pros: it was a good workout doing this job
Cons: start time was 3 am.
Go in create these orders that were going to be delivered to Starbucks, load the trucks and then then would get delivered all over AZ to all Starbucks. Great people who worked there very generous and kind, great work atmosphere.
Awesome Team and Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Scheduler) (Former Employee), Stockton, CAJanuary 10, 2014
Pros: great team, benefits and compenstion
Cons: poor advancement opportunity.
Working together with warehouse and route drivers to disrepute product to customers. A light hearted team, who worked well together. Management team was open door, and did not micro-manage.
Penske logistics is a terrable place to work
Team lead (Former Employee), East Greenville, PAJanuary 7, 2014
Pros: no pros
Cons: no raises in six years
no job advancement
there are no bonuses no raises no forklift pre maintenance
Company is Career Orinted and Coworkers
Penske Logistics (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: pay/management/work atmosphere
Cons: wish contracts were longer
Daily reports on Compliance & Drivers recruiting, learned to overcome obstacles encouraging Safety with 42 Drivers. Management are professional and kind, coworkers are team players, hardest part of job was turning an applicant down, most enjoyable was Work environment, SMITH System Certified and Safety Compliance.
Women typically do not get higher ranking promotions
General (Former Employee), MichiganJanuary 6, 2014
If 50% of the workplace is women (not verified, but typical split) I would see roughly one woman per 40 men advancing to the higher positions. Promotions to higher ranking jobs is unusual for women.

Management concepts are sound. Strong on improving efficiency and driving down costs.
good people
level 2 technician (Current Employee), Carrollton, TXJanuary 5, 2014
I enjoy my co-workers and the bosses will work with your schedule
I really liked my job at penske.Imiss my co-workers
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: vacation-holidays-saftey and attendance bonuses
Cons: i really dont have anything negative to say
varied shifts -fast pace-loading and uloading trucks.company lost Ford contract to a competitor at contract renewal time.wish I was still there
Get it in Writing!
Csr/TechIII (Former Employee), Huntington, WVJanuary 1, 2014
Pros: benefits, fair pay scale
Cons: treat employees like a number.
Company has contradicting employment policy's,
Get all promises in writing. Good work environment. Management sees you like a number . Good training.
Don't Work For This Company!!! You've Been Warned...Waste of Time!!
Manager Trainee (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VADecember 30, 2013
Pros: its a paycheck
Cons: everything, cleaning trucks, lying to customers, answering the phone 200 times per day, wearing nice clothes to rent trucks...what a joke!!
I worked for this greedy company that fosters a culture of compulsive liars that are conniving and manipulative business professionals. Employees are taught to lie to customers...for instance lets say you have a reservation for a tuck rental and today is moving day and you mosey on down to Penske to pick up your truck. You already have your credit card – more... on file and have all of your volunteer movers ready to get busy loading you up...except there is one problem, they don't have your truck...Then the nice young and eager Manager Trainee informs you that your truck broke down, had a flat tire, check engine light was on, or any other lie under the sun as to not be accountable for not having your truck that you have reserved months in advance. These are excuses upper management passes down. I've been there done that...I've heard and seen it with my own eyes. If a companies middle MGT is comfortable lying to customers how do you think corporate MGT feels...exactly the same way!!! Their even more greedy in Greedy Green Hills!! Save yourself from wasting your time with there MGT Trainee program and find a real legitimate business to work for. The transportation business is corrupt!!! Don't believe the lies.. Also you losers up in Green Hills reading this and trying to manipulate Penske's image need to get a life, there is hope for you too! Go find a real job! – less
Fun and productive people
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Whitestown, INDecember 21, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: n/a
Probably the best job I've ever had. The management is great as well
Productive job and fun place to work.
Lift Operator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MODecember 19, 2013
I really enjoyed my time at Penske. I enjoyed my warehouse manager and all my co-workers.
Good opportunities to grow within the company
Biller/Plant Resolution Clerk (Former Employee), El Paso, TXDecember 13, 2013
Pros: good benefits
Cons: short brakes
A typical day at work was just like any other job get prepared for the shift and do the best for the customers.

I learned a lot as of different types of computer software and customer service skills.

My co-workers were always available to help each other as a good team.

The hardest part of the job was on shift change because you got to have everything – more... ready for the following shift without falling behind.

The most enjoyable part of the job was finishing the all the workload before our shitfs. – less
Growing Company
Team Leader/Forklift (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIDecember 8, 2013
Pros: money
Cons: the drive
Good Staff, Caring And Friendly Faces, Overall Good enviroment
Great working environment with percise Communication
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee), Batavia, ILDecember 5, 2013
Pros: paid breaks
Penske is a great corporation. Our day started with a team meeting for the follow up day, then straight to work after. A regular day consist of Picking orders in excess of +150 lbs. Packaging and staging orders for delivery is the normal everyday. Management communicates with everyone to ensure a safe and prosperous environment. My coworkers were excellent – more... team members to work with, always helping one another to achieve the task ay hand. There is no hard part about any job that I've have ever had, EVER. The most enjoyable part is lifting the rims, heavy drums and wheel hubs and challenging my body to adapt. – less

About Penske

Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pa., is a joint venture of Penske Corporation and General Electric. – Read more