Penske

Penske Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Typical Day at Penske
Rental Representative (Current Employee), Orlando,FLNovember 18, 2013
There is no real typical day at Penske. Each and every day is a new one with new challenges. I've learned a lot about inventory control and sales. We are required never to say no to a customer, even if it means overbooking. That's where inventory control comes in. We have many different locations in our district throughout central Florida and we can – more... pull trucks from those locations on an as needed basis. This job keeps you on your toes and will definitely keep your brain searching for new and inventive ways of doing things. The managers are great and really help you out when you're in need. The most enjoyable part of the job is simply getting to know the regular customers and knowing that you made someone's day by just being able to get them what they needed in a courteous and timely manner. – less
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), St. Louis, Mo.November 11, 2013
really enjoyed working for this company. Had great co-workers, and management was good.
fast paced repair and service shop
Diesel Tech III (Current Employee), Medley, FlNovember 7, 2013
Pros: always learning something new
Cons: short breaks
your goal on a typical day is too finish 2-3 PMs a day. At the end of the day you clean up your work area.
Good starter job
Rental Sales Representative (Current Employee), PANovember 7, 2013
Pros: fast growth, company car
Cons: micro management, low pay, bad commission structure.
Great job to start your career. promotions come quickly but pay isnt that great even with a better title. commission structure is very flawed. company car and phone is great.
exciting work enviroment
Material Coordinator (Current Employee), DeSoto, TXNovember 6, 2013
A typical day of work ranges from customer service call payrool data entry completign of loads and conference calls. reearching claims and compling date and answering questions on everything
Overall Great place to work
Accounting Intern (Former Employee), Green Hills, PANovember 4, 2013
Everyone is friendly and they look out for each other. If you need help you just have to ask. Management takes an interest in advancing your career. Many training opportunities. They even started offering a masters program on theircampus through a local college.
Snakes!
CSR/Inventory/Tech III (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 30, 2013
I worked for Penske for 3yrs and all I haft to say about them is they are nothing but a buddy system and are snakes in the grass!!!
Its warehouse
Clamp Operator and Truck Operator (Former Employee), Perris, CAOctober 30, 2013
its really hard work but its a great experience. I learned a lot about time management and decision making.
Great Place
Rental Representative (Former Employee), Reno, NVOctober 29, 2013
Loved working here. Loved working with ppl in general and the other workers. I used to work 65 hrs on average a week. Nothing hard at all. Most enjoyable was new customers everyday.
good company to work for.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 28, 2013
great company/work life balance. lots of fun we get he job done......great boss
just started
driver/hiker (Current Employee), Elmsford, NYOctober 24, 2013
so far i love the job it is a part of my dreams and would leave me to my future goals one day
Non stop daily day consisited of putting out fires and not much chance to be proactive more reactive job climate.
Branch Service Manager (Former Employee), Montgomery, NYOctober 19, 2013
Pros: tremendous customer service experience and customer relations work.
Cons: micromanagaed constantly, too many conference calls and meetings without accomplishing much
For the most part the technicians and associates were great to work with, unfortunately upper management was difficult to deal with. There were far too many conference calls and there was a tendency to be micromanaged which is difficult to deal with day after day. I did learn a tremendous amount of customer service and customer relation skills which – more... was a plus, but never could optimize my experience and skills with the micromanagement in place. There was not much emphasis on family life and more emphasis in how many hours you could work. I enjoyed some of the relationships I made with co-workers and fellow associates and will take more from the experience than I will leave. management is somewhat impersonal and focused on profit and loss more than employee training and benefits. – less
it's not who you know..............
hiker (Current Employee), southeastOctober 18, 2013
Pros: schedule
Cons: inept management
amazing, as top heavy as penske is, that people in mgmt are allowed to screw up, get sued, take people down with them, not pay their bills, guess at your paycheck.
and they maintain their position.
while they tell me there is No Work. however, they are outsourcing MY work at a much higher price. doesn't make any sense to me.
i can't live on $70 / day – more... ....... – less
LLP Manager
LLP Manager (Current Employee), Medina, MNOctober 15, 2013
The project manangement needs to be better. There were not clear org charts of who was in control and who was supposed to do what.
Mgmt. will look you in yhe eye and lie to you!!!
Driver (Former Employee), Cleveland, TNOctober 5, 2013
Pros: great customer, & workmates
Cons: mgr. lied putting employees in a bind, some had to sell their cars to pay bills.
Customer was fantastic ! Very easy to work with.
learned a lot about safety
Penske mgmt.however at this location told it's employees in Oct. 2011 meeting that everything was going great and our jobs were safe so if we wanted to make any major purchases it would be a good time to do so, said they had just acquired another 3 yr. contract.
In Nov. they – more... had other trucking companies coming in touring the facilities and giving them quotes for the contract, mgmt. still said not to worry this was just for show that we had the contract so don't worry about anything our jobs were safe. After Christmas and New Years shutdown they had another meeting with employees telling everyone Penske lost the contract and our jobs would officially end by Feb. 6/2012
Later found out that Penske had subcontracted out the account so they could make more proffit, they are actaully still in charge of managing that location.
Same mgr. different title. – less
IT WAS A GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR.
DELIVERY DRIVER CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), Escondido, CAOctober 3, 2013
Pros: everything was good
Cons: needed to care for my aunt
PENSKE WAS A VERY GOOD COMPANY TO WORK FOR.

AS A CUSTOMER SERVICE DELIVERY DRIVER, I

ENJOYED ALL ASPECTS OF THE JOB. THANKYOU!!!
COMPANY IS A GOOD PLACE TO WORK.
Fuel Attendant/Washer Truck Hiker (Former Employee), Lexington, SCOctober 3, 2013
ALLWAYS SOME WORK TO DO..KEEPING BUSY ALWAYS WITCH IS GOOD...
no play hard work short breaks
Tech III (Current Employee), Garland, TXSeptember 24, 2013
Im want more out of my career than most hard work pays off at the end.
unbelievable unethical
Management Trainee (Current Employee), OhioSeptember 21, 2013
Pros: none avoid them !!!!!!!!!!!!
Cons: everything
Do not work for them !!!!!!!!
before I start
Penske has a department that only fills out fake reviews
of what it is like to work for them to make the selves look good.
the company is unbelievable unethical.

working for this company has destroyed my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

there is no work life balance at all it is just work even if you – more... are not on the clock they still expect you to work.

management I can not say enough bad things about them so I wont.

culture and values lol I don't know what to say about that
I will just let you use your imagination.

co-works for the most part the people you work with are very unintelligent I can not stress this enough.
there are a few great people that work there
and all of them told me to get out while I still could
from what I heard from other people that I had worked with
my experience at Penske has been better then most.

I had to give them one star they do not deserve it.

what ever you do do not work for them !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! – less
nice place to work
Tech II (Former Employee), Akron, OHSeptember 20, 2013
good company to work for that cares about you. advancement possible with good work. great insurance. people easy to get along with.

About Penske

Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pa., is a joint venture of Penske Corporation and General Electric. – Read more