Penske

Penske Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Poorly run
Truck Driver - Yard Switcher/Yard Jockey (Former Employee), Stockton, CAOctober 19, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: everything else
The pay and time off are the only things good about this particular account. Management have no idea how to run a yard properly, power-happy personnel, little to no communication, lack of organization, etc.

If I had to describe the Trader Joe's account, I'd compare it to a circus in terms of how the yard is run.
Fast Paced
Logistics Implementation Analyst/Outbound Sup. (Current Employee), Coldwater, MIOctober 14, 2014
Penske is a fast paced, deadline oriented environment that supplies JIT freight from many suppliers to Ford engine and assembly plants worldwide.
Excellent job stability
Rental Sales Representative (Current Employee), Seattle, WaOctober 13, 2014
Pros: job stability
Cons: training limited
Advancement possible of you're willing to relocate. Co-workers are great. Working with frequent customers is the best part.
Great workplace with highly motivated team environment
Branch Rental Manager (Former Employee), Pompano Beach, FLOctober 13, 2014
Good company to work for. Training and advancement opportunities in place for individuals looking to move up
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Chicago,ilOctober 9, 2014
My day starts out with talking to my co-workers for shift hand-off. I would then plan my day a figure if there was anything special needed for that day. After that I would make sure inventory was done, check with the workers, and do any paperwork that could be done. During the shift I would check in on the loaders and drivers to make sure all work was – more... done. At the end of the night I would send out any reports, and make notes for the next shift. – less
Best HR team
Safety team member (Former Employee), Brownstown, MiOctober 6, 2014
Pros: pre-shift meetings
Cons: no communication system to locate supervision
Fast pace work. Best co-worker attitude place I've ever worked. Upper management poor. Miss management caused them to lose Ford 150 contract. The hardest part of job was tiring to locate and communicate with floor supervisors. No phone policy and no available 2 way radios may it almost impossible to communicate with supervisors. 500,000 sqft building – more... would have to be searched on foot to find someone. – less
Productivre but ok work enviroment
Branch Rental Manager (Former Employee), Brook Park, OHSeptember 26, 2014
Penske is a good company. Productive work environment but you have to like the trucking business to survive.
friendly people
CSR (Former Employee), Roseville, MNSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: going on parts run
Cons: short breaks
customers, fun people to work with and the management was o.k
passing Penske vehicle audit
High Stress Job with great coworkers
Customer Service/Retention Associate (Former Employee), Reading, PASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: competitive commission structure
Cons: lack of communication
I was a Customer Servcie and Retention Associate at Penske. My Day consisted of answering phone calls for renting trucks, Customer Service issues, and Retaining current customer Reservations. The other associates I worked with were good people under a lot of stress. Management was fine but communication was a very weak point.
Logistic company for bmw and mini cooper.
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee), nazareth,paSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: consistently changing enviroment
Cons: salary and hours
Supervise inventory control of all new and returned parts dealing with BMW & Mini
Cooper totaling over 2.4billion.
Supervise over 10 direct employees and co supervise 200 employees in various departments.
Operate SAP frontline paired with RF scanning systems. Fork lift, train the trainer, CPR, and Blood bourn pathogen certified.
Supervisor of safety – more... teams 15 employees. LEAN manufacturing and problem solving skills to improve company SOP.
Corporate daily stock checks and problem solving. Maintain professional moral with performance reviews and corrective action planning.
Report directly to operations supervisor and manager.
Hold daily pre-shift employee meetings as well as daily management team meeting. – less
Confusing
Driver (Current Employee), Stockton, CASeptember 20, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: everything else
I hostle for the Trader Joe's account in CA. How the yard is run makes absolutely no sense. Lack of communication and organization as well as inefficiency. I've hostled at major locations such as Gallo and Amazon and actually thrived. At this Penske account it's a joke!

My suggestion would be to implement an on-board computer system for yard trucks, – more... this way hostlers can pick and choose moves far more efficiently.

I'd also like to add that the amount of hostlers at the site can easily be reduced from 8-7 to 4-5. I myself was able to handle 80-100 moves in a 10 hour shift at Gallo. If Penske could implement an effective on-board computer system, it would be a decent job. – less
Overwhelming
CSR (Current Employee), Homewood, ALSeptember 15, 2014
Pros: weekly pay
Cons: poor management
hardest part of the job is dealing with management favoritism, unfair practices of pay increase
Fun Work Place Family oriented
Outbound Telephone Sales Rep (Current Employee), Reading, PASeptember 10, 2014
Pros: free lunch games and promos
Very fast paced must multitask, management is great as long as your getting your work done and doing what your suppose to. Co-workers are great. But the best thing keep it at a work level your here to work not for best friends. Hardest part of the job is to stay focused when its loud, The most enjoyable part of my job is talkingto my customers.
Great people and fast paced
Branch Rental Manager (Current Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PASeptember 9, 2014
This is a fast paced environment with many opportunities to grow. You get to be a part of a team that will not let you fail unless you choose to do so.
A fun and friendly workplace.
Technician (Former Employee), Norfolk, VaSeptember 3, 2014
I really liked working for this company just couldn't work nights due to college at the time.
Great co workers, Fun work environment, alot to learn
C Level Diesel Technician (Former Employee), South Plainfield, NJSeptember 2, 2014
Pros: great co workers, able to learn alot
Cons: confusing management, too far of commute
Penske was a great company to work for that offered a lot to learn as a mechanic. The main negative that ruined the job was living an hour and ten minutes away which was much too far for what the much less amount I was being compensated. It was difficult balancing school, work, life and boxing. The management often times gave too much of a workload – more... for the mechanics and often times could not relate because the shop manager had been an automotive mechanic now managing diesel mechanics. The best part of the job was that the co workers would always make sure they taught me and had my back. – less
Good place to get your start
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee), Columbus, OHAugust 27, 2014
Pros: stepping stone
Cons: pay
Good WMS
Upper management will take advice
Good on line learning
work life balance good
OK pay
Great learning experience for first professional job
Assistant District Rental Manager (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARAugust 26, 2014
Rented out consumer and commercial trucks. Responsible for $1.1 million dollar consumer division. Managed the consumer division profit and loss balance sheet. Prospected, trained, and opened new consumer agent locations.
N/A
Mechanic (Current Employee), Homewood, ALAugust 19, 2014
Excellent benefits package as far as financial things are concerned.
good place to work
Driver (Current Employee), fort wayne,INAugust 19, 2014
Pros: good people
Cons: pay to low
a good place to work, pay not as good as could be???????????????????????????????

About Penske

Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pa., is a joint venture of Penske Corporation and General Electric. – Read more