Penske

Penske Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great company, great training not so good pay rate
Branch Rental Manager (Former Employee), El Paso TXMay 30, 2014
Pros: training
Cons: salary
Busy all the time, all customer service issues go through the Branch manager. We have to be monitoring inventories and expenses. Great training at this company.
Good work enviroment
Logistics Analyst (Current Employee), dearborn, miMay 27, 2014
Good work environment. Open office culture. Work with suppliers, plants and carriers to ensure the customer's logistics network runs efficiently.
Route delivery driver
ROUTE DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMay 25, 2014
Route driver for the Starbucks account in San Diego. Delivery of all the merchandise, coffee and milk to the store on the specific routes day to day
If your a White Male...Forget It !
Operations applicant (Former Employee), Macedonia, Beachwood OhioMay 25, 2014
Pros: noe
Cons: being white male, experienced
They will throw your experience right out the window....they want minorities and women only....Dont waste your time.
excellent place to work and grow
Customer Service Representative, technician 3 (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXMay 21, 2014
great instructors and co workers. great opportunities for advancement.
Terrible job
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 19, 2014
Pros: nothing good about here
Cons: management and policies and procedures.
Management horrible and they don't train you.
Horrible policies for employees. Don't work here, I agree with all of the negative reviews because I have seen them all first hand.
Great work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Earth City, MOMay 15, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: schedule flexibility
Really enjoyed all of the employees and type of work environment.
A team environment at the location with corn hole at breaktime
Operations Manager (Current Employee), Durham, NCMay 9, 2014
Pros: relaxed and fun atmosphere
Cons: temp seems to always be set around 68 degrees inside and i get cold easily lol.
Responsible for safe and on-time delivery of customer goods.

Treat people with respect, get respect.

Always give 110% in all aspects of your life, your efforts will pay off.

Bring enthusiasm and develop trust in your team to do the job right and all see and feel the rewards.
See previous review
Branch Manager (Former Employee), Fort Collins, COMay 7, 2014
See previous review submitted for Penske Truck Leasing. See previous review submitted for Penske Truck Leasing.
Penske
Fork Lift Operator/ Scanner (Former Employee), Carlisle, PAMay 7, 2014
I learned alot from this place. Alot of warehouse work. Was a good company to work for.
Currently responsible for a fleet of 912 vehicles and 25 direct report employees in a first and second shift facility.
Branch Service Manager (Current Employee), Oakwood, OhioMay 4, 2014
Pros: compensation
Cons: lack of advancement opportunities and employee turnover
* Manage and provide preventative maintenance and repair scheduling.
* Ensure quality of technicians work and ensure appropriate scheduling to meet and exceed customer expectations while maintaining corporate standards.
* Prepare sales and inventory reports.
* Hire, train and evaluate personnel.
* Develop and implement strategies to increase customer – more... satisfaction, sales and market share as well as retain quality employees.
* Provide customer service resolutions.
* Formulate pricing policies for optimal profit margins.
* Provide staff with assistance in performing complicated or difficult duties.
* Coordinate and prioritize daily workflow while being responsive to urgent need customers. – less
order filler
order filler (Current Employee), Lawrenceville GAApril 23, 2014
To obtain a position that will enable me to use my strong organizational skills, educational background and ability to work well with people.
Stable, Good Work Environment - Inexperienced Management, Poor Compensation
Senior PC Support Technician/Incident Manager (Former Employee), Green Hills, PAApril 22, 2014
Pros: relaxed work environment, stability
Cons: lack of trained or qualified managers, compensation out of line with industry standards, especially in the it department, technology and innovation sub-standard or unreliable, morale issues
I gave 11+ years of dedicated service, blood sweat and tears, and was basically forced to leave due to ongoing disagreements with management regarding amount of responsibility combined with a ridiculously low salary. After working on several high-profile IT implementations that have reportedly saved the company more than $500,000.00 annually I became – more... very depressed and unappreciated. Management was not interested in promoting the best candidates, instead, they focus on hiring their friends, or people whom they like. After years of watching employees, whom I've personally helped to succeed there get promoted, I became very disgruntled. Management refused to work with me regarding professional growth or new career opportunities. Overall, I felt very under-employed, and very unappreciated. I started at Penske Truck Leasing, with incredible focus and dedication, I left very depressed, and disappointed. I would not recommend Penske to anyone who is looking for a long-term career oriented position. They may be ok if you are seeking to build your resume, skills, or experience. Believe me, management is lackluster, and mediocre is probably the single best adjective I can think of to describe the organization. I sincerely wish you well in your search for a good employer, but you might consider looking elsewhere. – less
Great place for learning
FUEL ATTENDANT/TECH III (Former Employee), Fredericksburg, VaApril 15, 2014
Pros: great learning experience
I started off as a fuel technician at Penske and was able to learn skills that promoted me to a Tech III. It was a great work environment that provided me certain skills in automotive work that I am able to use in my own personal life.
Highly collaborative work environment
Analyst (Current Employee), Reading, PAApril 14, 2014
The are many challenges in Penske which is a positive. No day is the same. Our culture is changing to be more of a collaborative atmosphere, also a plus. This gives us a competitive advantage and fosters new ideas. This is a good company and there is a lot of opportunity to grow.
Good people
Shift Lead Supervisor (Current Employee), Shelbyville, INApril 11, 2014
My co workers are very pleasant and fun to work with. The management team is always there with advice. It is a busy facility and there is always work to be done.
productive place to work
Diesel Technician (Former Employee), Bethlehem, PAApril 10, 2014
Pros: get educated while you work
Cons: no ac in shop l.o.l.
very nice place to work. even though it may be rough, you get the proper training you need.
Productive Work place
CSR (Former Employee), West Valley City, UTApril 7, 2014
Get to work and start filling up trucks and washing, Management was very nice and easy to work with, my co-workers were great workers and nice to get along with, the hardest part of the job would be when the pervious shift would slack off and I would have to make up for it. The most enjoyable part would be when we would all have a night shift bbq.
PM Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 6, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: 2nd shift
The people are great and work is done on computer timed basis. keeps you motivated and time goes by fast. I learned how to perform maintenance on tractors and trailers. The summers are hot and the winters are cold there. Much hotter inside during the summer.The weather just made it a challenge and that was good.
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Atlanta, GeorgiaApril 5, 2014
Enjoyed work but didn't like that the company moved with little notice

About Penske

Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pa., is a joint venture of Penske Corporation and General Electric. – Read more