Penske

Penske Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Productive and fun work place
Field Finance Initiatives (Current Employee), Reading, PANovember 13, 2014
I'm a temp, waiting to get hired on. I like my job and the company seems great!
Great Place to work
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Dearborn, MINovember 12, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: travel
Really enjoyed the people I worked with. Fast paced. Went to different locations
Process Associate, Accounts Receivable (Former Employee), Hyderabad, APNovember 10, 2014
Day starts with calling Client for the payment status.
Checking payment status on the client web portal.
I enjoyed my time there
Truck Driver (Former Employee), Vancouver, WANovember 4, 2014
Pros: it was a place to work
Cons: management had a lot of problems
I drove line hall at night, did what I was told got the job done right. Never had an accident or was late, worked there 15 years and got safety awards every year. But was injured on the job And fired after I filed with L&I.
warehouse worker
Inventory Forklift Driver (Former Employee), Ontario, CANovember 4, 2014
working in the inventory dept and keeping product in stock. Repackage any product with damage packaging and putting back into the system and stock.
Fun place to work
Order Coordinator (Former Employee), Clyde, OHNovember 2, 2014
Good people
Good work place
Good management
room for advancement
Productive place to learn and excel in the mechanicing field
Diesel Mechanic III (Former Employee), Montgomery,ALOctober 26, 2014
Pros: lots of room for advancement
Cons: nothing negative to report about htis company
I like working for this company,and it was a very good learning experience.
productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Union, NJOctober 22, 2014
Making and Receiving phone calls, management was great, co-worker were awesome great place to work, not a very hard place to work and I enjoyed the activates they did for the holidays.
Great company to work for
Diesel Technician (Former Employee), Garner, NCOctober 20, 2014
Work hard and get ahead. Plenty of opportunity to advance. Great people to work with. You can learn a lot working for Penske.
Poorly run
Truck Driver - Yard Switcher/Yard Jockey (Former Employee), Stockton, CAOctober 19, 2014
Cons: everything else
The pay and time off are the only things good about this particular account. Management have no idea how to run a yard properly, power-happy personnel, little to no communication, lack of organization, etc.

If I had to describe the Trader Joe's account, I'd compare it to a circus in terms of how the yard is run.
Fast Paced
Logistics Implementation Analyst/Outbound Sup. (Current Employee), Coldwater, MIOctober 14, 2014
Penske is a fast paced, deadline oriented environment that supplies JIT freight from many suppliers to Ford engine and assembly plants worldwide.
Excellent job stability
Rental Sales Representative (Current Employee), Seattle, WaOctober 13, 2014
Pros: job stability
Cons: training limited
Advancement possible of you're willing to relocate. Co-workers are great. Working with frequent customers is the best part.
Great workplace with highly motivated team environment
Branch Rental Manager (Former Employee), Pompano Beach, FLOctober 13, 2014
Good company to work for. Training and advancement opportunities in place for individuals looking to move up
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Chicago,ilOctober 9, 2014
My day starts out with talking to my co-workers for shift hand-off. I would then plan my day a figure if there was anything special needed for that day. After that I would make sure inventory was done, check with the workers, and do any paperwork that could be done. During the shift I would check in on the loaders and drivers to make sure all work was – more... done. At the end of the night I would send out any reports, and make notes for the next shift. – less
Best HR team
Safety team member (Former Employee), Brownstown, MiOctober 6, 2014
Pros: pre-shift meetings
Cons: no communication system to locate supervision
Fast pace work. Best co-worker attitude place I've ever worked. Upper management poor. Miss management caused them to lose Ford 150 contract. The hardest part of job was tiring to locate and communicate with floor supervisors. No phone policy and no available 2 way radios may it almost impossible to communicate with supervisors. 500,000 sqft building – more... would have to be searched on foot to find someone. – less
Productivre but ok work enviroment
Branch Rental Manager (Former Employee), Brook Park, OHSeptember 26, 2014
Penske is a good company. Productive work environment but you have to like the trucking business to survive.
friendly people
CSR (Former Employee), Roseville, MNSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: going on parts run
Cons: short breaks
customers, fun people to work with and the management was o.k
passing Penske vehicle audit
High Stress Job with great coworkers
Customer Service/Retention Associate (Former Employee), Reading, PASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: competitive commission structure
Cons: lack of communication
I was a Customer Servcie and Retention Associate at Penske. My Day consisted of answering phone calls for renting trucks, Customer Service issues, and Retaining current customer Reservations. The other associates I worked with were good people under a lot of stress. Management was fine but communication was a very weak point.
Logistic company for bmw and mini cooper.
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee), nazareth,paSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: consistently changing enviroment
Cons: salary and hours
Supervise inventory control of all new and returned parts dealing with BMW & Mini
Cooper totaling over 2.4billion.
Supervise over 10 direct employees and co supervise 200 employees in various departments.
Operate SAP frontline paired with RF scanning systems. Fork lift, train the trainer, CPR, and Blood bourn pathogen certified.
Supervisor of safety – more... teams 15 employees. LEAN manufacturing and problem solving skills to improve company SOP.
Corporate daily stock checks and problem solving. Maintain professional moral with performance reviews and corrective action planning.
Report directly to operations supervisor and manager.
Hold daily pre-shift employee meetings as well as daily management team meeting. – less
Confusing
Driver (Current Employee), Stockton, CASeptember 20, 2014
Cons: everything else
I hostle for the Trader Joe's account in CA. How the yard is run makes absolutely no sense. Lack of communication and organization as well as inefficiency. I've hostled at major locations such as Gallo and Amazon and actually thrived. At this Penske account it's a joke!

My suggestion would be to implement an on-board computer system for yard trucks, – more... this way hostlers can pick and choose moves far more efficiently.

I'd also like to add that the amount of hostlers at the site can easily be reduced from 8-7 to 4-5. I myself was able to handle 80-100 moves in a 10 hour shift at Gallo. If Penske could implement an effective on-board computer system, it would be a decent job. – less

About Penske

Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pa., is a joint venture of Penske Corporation and General Electric. – Read more