Penske Employee Reviews

Unsure
Truck trailer mechanic (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 April 2017
Training they probidad for different brands like freightliner volvo cummins Detroit is good! I will probably not recommend to Work there i will say management due has issue running both shops
Pros
Training is good
Cons
The company has lost its customer focus
Service (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON19 April 2017
It is a job that isn't for everyone. It is fast-paced. The longer I have worked the more resentful I have become to the company. The sales staff sign contracts promising the world but the District staff works to make things as hard as possible to do things well.

Currently management preaches that Penske has a strong customer focus yet the same management has put a high priority to sell off trucks off the books over all their everyday customers so customer service is only getting worse. It is very clear that management is just a puppet for the larger management in the US and are only focused at doing anything to get a short term profit to justify their jobs. Stay away if you enjoy your mental health.
Benefits
Cons
Poor management organization
Team players
Technician Assistant/C.S.R (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 December 2016
I was promised an apprenticeship position that was false, I worked for 2 years with false hopes of moving up internally and geting the opportunity to go through school
Pros
Good People
Cons
Unkept commitments
Great place
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 November 2016
Management is strong,they train their staff well.
I enjoyed the freedom and independence to establish and maintain my career
Productive easy going
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 November 2016
Decent place to work nice and clean environment good addittude managers and HR very friendly and approachable benefits are great the company is on top of all types of paper work for anything needed for their employees
dull repetative work. horrible politics and management. no steady schedule
310T technician (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON28 September 2016
management is difficult to work with, higher up politics are a mess and scandal. work schedule is all over the place due to lack of help and unsteady work planning. overtime never offered and unpaid if worked unrequested. every man for himself environments. any new employee has no chance , leave your dignity at home. there is no help from HR when needed, you are on your own
Pros
decent pay and good benefits
Cons
everything else
Disgrace to the industry! Stay away
Truck and Coach Technician (Former Employee) –  Ontario11 August 2016
Where do I start? Managers and corporate personnel are not from the trade. They know nothing about the industry or what physically can be done in a shop. Demands are asinine and shop is planned on what what corporate wishes they can achieve with no room for error. They made up thier own estimated labour times for techs that are nowhere close to the labour times in the industry and most of the times are ridiculous. If you break a bolt on something you're pretty much written up. No appreciation is given for beating these times day in and day out , but if you go .1 over one job in no word of a lie yelled at. The entire mind set of the company is focused heavily on money. So bad in fact some of these managers would sell their kid to 3 time convicted pedophile to save 3 cents a year! It's disgusting. Everybody who works there developed health problems from the horrendous stress levels that never go away. Mine diminished as soon as I left there. Is like being three weeks behind everyday of the year, for years. You make a list of defects on a truck you just serviced , but none of it gets done because 14 more services have to get done that day and so unsafe trucks are released back onto the roads because there's no time to fix them.I could go on for ever. Worst place ever.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Your health will be ruined
Great Place to Work.
Shop Clerk/Administrative (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, Toronto14 July 2016
My immediate boss was fantastic. Fast paced environment but loved the job. Was a mix of customer service/financing/secretarial. Liked my co-workers very much.
Pros
Friendly, Comfortable Environment to Work
great people to work with
Truck Technician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Concord, ON2 May 2016
I was a Apprentice Diesel Mechanic Helper for my College Co-op Term. Because of my time at Penske I have gain a lot of confidence in the truck and coach mechanics field.
Pros
Everything was Great
Dont work there
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 March 2016
worst place to work at. extremely bad menagement. a lot of wannabe mechanic. and they dont do anything to improve always the same old story cause its menage like they own it instead of going the penske way. WORST PLACE TO WORK
Pros
Cons
everything
Employees activities
Chef de succursale (Location) (Former Employee) –  Boucherville, QC23 February 2016
Nice place to work, nice company politic between life and work, a good place to learn and improve your abilities. The cie push to do some volunteer in the society.
Penske is decent place to be employed at in the logistics/transportation industry
Rental Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 January 2016
Penske Truck Leasing is a massive company with fairly good advancement opportunities should you show promise and have a passion for sales/corporate culture. Management is invested in ensuring the company does well therefore creating a culture of efficiency and desire to grow, improve and succeed.
Good long term job
technician (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 November 2015
Good company to work for. Have good benefit and structure. Good team spirit but always under pressure, rental place. Everybody his most of the time happy witch create a good work environment. Good place to learn if you are willing to work hard for.
Pros
job security, experience, salary, benefit
Cons
work hours, management, under pressure
Full time is great, Not so much as part time/on call
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON12 November 2015
Penske is a great place to work if you are full time, but part time employees get no pay raise or benefits.
If it was up to my supervisors, I would work full time but corporate insist my position is only part time on call.
They can not understand that the more I work, the more money they make because the mechanics are paid a lot more and have to do my job what I am send home
Good Pay and benefits
Mobile Road Service and Fleet Management (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON6 August 2015
Always learning something, paid training, great people to work with started there from the beginning great place to start great place to learn
Pros
paid trainning
Cons
weak management and orginization
Penske
HD Mechanic Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Ab16 July 2015
Great place to work, lots of fun, learned a lot about trucks, great management, great co-workers, very enjoyable job. Hardest part was early morningsd
Productive and enjoyable people to work with
Rental Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, Ontario23 June 2015
Nothing but an absolute great atmosphere, with even better people to help you when needed, highly recommend this job to any entry level business people
Great Project
Logistics / I.T Contractor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga28 April 2015
The implementation project has been a very challenging and rewarding experience. Unprecedented exposure to real life situations and the most valuable lesson has been working in a 100% unionized environment.
Good Company/Good Benefits
Rental Representative (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON2 February 2015
Not much to say - good pay for the little work that needed done. Job security not good especially when facing a realignment.
Avoid
mechanic (Former Employee) –  edmonton14 January 2015
Management can't keep two trucks straight. The lack of communication from one level to another (let alone one shift to another) is laughable. Expect to have your job threatened on a weekly basis as "motivation."

Wages are ok for lube techs but it's like pulling teeth to earn proper rate as an apprentice.

In the interview they will promise the moon, in reality they deliver sand. Barely any training, cramped shop, old/barely working equipment, old/outdated computer system that is mandatory to use.
Pros
Cons
poorly run

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Penske. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval