Penske

Penske Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
high stress, poorly managed
Shop Foreman/Manager (Former Employee), calgaryAugust 29, 2014
Cons: poorly managed
poorly managed, safety not taken seriously, repaired and maintained 900 trucks and trailer out of a 6 bay shop
Have to have a good mental therapist to work here.
CSR Truck Maintenance (Current Employee), Concord ONJune 10, 2014
Pros: good benefits, some good enviroment depending on the location.
Cons: if you don't wach your step you will get cond.
Very bad run at Penske ( CONCORD, ON )

I had to fight for my hours for pay. Watch your pay stubs. Hours missing. Treated like a sub contractor.

Most of the time all information regarding the job was not given at the beginning. Did not know what was expected of the employee. Supervisors constant criticism. Mind changers, Rude & Greedy Scary environment. – more... Supervisor and Manager untrustworthy.

They don't supply equipment when using chemicals. Shop is poor managed. Disregard for safety of others just self.

Penske CONCORD ON is in one Word "Garbage" – less
cant see trees for the forest
mechanic / leadhand when needed (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABMarch 24, 2014
Pros: money benefits
Cons: hours fleet building
too many chiefs not enough worker bees bad fleet old fleet unobtainable goals
Friendly staff
Administration Clerk (Current Employee), Cambridge, ONMarch 3, 2014
Great co-workers, very understanding and patient. Very flexible.
Pay is good.
productive work place
Parts Assembler (Former Employee), Chatham-Kent, ONSeptember 26, 2013
Pros: working full time
Cons: some days long hours
- made parts for air brakes.
- learned the value of precision
- enjoyed working in a group setting
- was fast paced
Great Experience
Rental Representative (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 9, 2013
Work environment was enjoyable and staff was very supportive. Although it does get very busy at times, it was a pleasure to work here.
No Comment
Material Follow Up Analyst (Former Employee), Chatham, ONJune 9, 2013
I have nothing further to list about Penske as my position was eliminated due to the recession.
Great Compensation
Lead Rental Representitive (Current Employee), Halifax, NSNovember 12, 2012
Pros: compensation
Cons: everything
This job is extremely stressful and none management are taken for granted and unappreciated. Other then the compensation I have nothing positive to say about this company. I feel they are profoundly unprofessional, vulgar, rude, deceitful and most management have very few values or ethical standards.
Good work this company
Mechanic Apprentice (Former Employee), Cambridge, ONOctober 2, 2012
I work this company, but only contract no hire for permanent
Great company to work for
Diesel Technician (Former Employee), Garner, NCOctober 20, 2014
Work hard and get ahead. Plenty of opportunity to advance. Great people to work with. You can learn a lot working for Penske.
Poorly run
Truck Driver - Yard Switcher/Yard Jockey (Former Employee), Stockton, CAOctober 19, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: everything else
The pay and time off are the only things good about this particular account. Management have no idea how to run a yard properly, power-happy personnel, little to no communication, lack of organization, etc.

If I had to describe the Trader Joe's account, I'd compare it to a circus in terms of how the yard is run.
Fast Paced
Logistics Implementation Analyst/Outbound Sup. (Current Employee), Coldwater, MIOctober 14, 2014
Penske is a fast paced, deadline oriented environment that supplies JIT freight from many suppliers to Ford engine and assembly plants worldwide.
Excellent job stability
Rental Sales Representative (Current Employee), Seattle, WaOctober 13, 2014
Pros: job stability
Cons: training limited
Advancement possible of you're willing to relocate. Co-workers are great. Working with frequent customers is the best part.
Great workplace with highly motivated team environment
Branch Rental Manager (Former Employee), Pompano Beach, FLOctober 13, 2014
Good company to work for. Training and advancement opportunities in place for individuals looking to move up
Operations Supervisor (Current Employee), Chicago,ilOctober 9, 2014
My day starts out with talking to my co-workers for shift hand-off. I would then plan my day a figure if there was anything special needed for that day. After that I would make sure inventory was done, check with the workers, and do any paperwork that could be done. During the shift I would check in on the loaders and drivers to make sure all work was – more... done. At the end of the night I would send out any reports, and make notes for the next shift. – less
Best HR team
Safety team member (Former Employee), Brownstown, MiOctober 6, 2014
Pros: pre-shift meetings
Cons: no communication system to locate supervision
Fast pace work. Best co-worker attitude place I've ever worked. Upper management poor. Miss management caused them to lose Ford 150 contract. The hardest part of job was tiring to locate and communicate with floor supervisors. No phone policy and no available 2 way radios may it almost impossible to communicate with supervisors. 500,000 sqft building – more... would have to be searched on foot to find someone. – less
Productivre but ok work enviroment
Branch Rental Manager (Former Employee), Brook Park, OHSeptember 26, 2014
Penske is a good company. Productive work environment but you have to like the trucking business to survive.
friendly people
CSR (Former Employee), Roseville, MNSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: going on parts run
Cons: short breaks
customers, fun people to work with and the management was o.k
passing Penske vehicle audit
High Stress Job with great coworkers
Customer Service/Retention Associate (Former Employee), Reading, PASeptember 23, 2014
Pros: competitive commission structure
Cons: lack of communication
I was a Customer Servcie and Retention Associate at Penske. My Day consisted of answering phone calls for renting trucks, Customer Service issues, and Retaining current customer Reservations. The other associates I worked with were good people under a lot of stress. Management was fine but communication was a very weak point.
Logistic company for bmw and mini cooper.
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee), nazareth,paSeptember 22, 2014
Pros: consistently changing enviroment
Cons: salary and hours
Supervise inventory control of all new and returned parts dealing with BMW & Mini
Cooper totaling over 2.4billion.
Supervise over 10 direct employees and co supervise 200 employees in various departments.
Operate SAP frontline paired with RF scanning systems. Fork lift, train the trainer, CPR, and Blood bourn pathogen certified.
Supervisor of safety – more... teams 15 employees. LEAN manufacturing and problem solving skills to improve company SOP.
Corporate daily stock checks and problem solving. Maintain professional moral with performance reviews and corrective action planning.
Report directly to operations supervisor and manager.
Hold daily pre-shift employee meetings as well as daily management team meeting. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Penske

Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., headquartered in Reading, Pa., is a joint venture of Penske Corporation and General Electric. – Read more