The Project Manager will be responsible for managing the relationship (account management) with a client from end to end. They will need to prospect, qualify, sell, nurture, invoice, and collect funds - this is a mandatory function of the role, although collection of funds may not be required all of the time.
The Project Manager will be assigned accounts with the expectation of making sales, whether it is
new business or an existing client. Territory is based on account assignment, not geographical territory.
The right candidate will have a technical background, both professional and educational.
This person MUST live in the Niagara Peninsula. We will accept candidates who are willing to relocate.
- New business development, prospecting, cold calling
- Nurturing relationships, account management
- Gain understanding & collect specs from client - project specifications
- Own process of quoting, invoicing, and payment collection
- 20% travel - required to be at client sites once a week, based on location
Mandatory Background Requirements:
- Post Secondary Education -in a technical program, such as Engineering
- Experience in manufacturing
- 3-5 yrs experience in sales and industry - this is not an entry level role
Mandatory Skill Requirements:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Social intelligence - know when to listen, know when to speak
- Technically savvy, including advanced-expert Excel user
- Excellent math acumen
- Ability to read drawings
- Detail oriented
- High technical ability:
>have sold to heavy equipment
>have sold heavy equipment
>machine shop familiarity
Compensation: The right candidate can earn up to $60K base, depending on experience. In year 1, a Project Manager performing at/above expectations can earn $90-$100K…with unlimited growth due to uncapped commission.
To Apply: - do not submit via Indeed
1. Complete our online application and note “Pen. Alloy in the company line -http://www.focus-america.com/online_application
2. Email your resume to dscott at focus-america.com
If the above 2 steps are not completed, you WILL NOT be considered for this role.