Penhall Company Employee Reviews

Not a fun place to work
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, AL12 December 2017
Penhall is coming apart at the seams, the upper management has no experience in the industry and expects the lower management to train them while they get hammered about the financials.
better for single men wanting many hours and training and experience
Diamond Saw/Drill Operator & Mentor (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN1 December 2017
They were good to me. I was asked to do more than my job scope based on lack of staffing. It was okay at first. Then became mandatory, for the same pay. I asked for more compensation and they asked me to perform for 90 more days to prove it. I said i've been doing it. i can do it, and i shouldn't have to prove myself when you know and trust me to finish these jobs, already...alone!
Pros
leader board bonuses
Cons
lack of staffing. lack of dispatch. that was in 2016
Professional and Safety Oriented Place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN20 November 2017
Penhall is an amazing, challenging place to work at. Penhall challenges you to be the best you can be. Their mentor program focuses on providing you with the tools you need to succeed.
Great Job
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TX10 October 2017
Working with Penhall Company for almost 10 years taught me alot. I work well with others and can work very well in a fast paced atmosphere. Thank you!
Worked with little supervision
General shop helper (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WA3 October 2017
Maintained equipment, yard organization, kept shop clean, ran for parts, delivered equipment to job sites. Stocked parts room. Painted equipment. Kept shop organized at all times. Reported to manager daily and equipment work order filing.
Pros
Parts runner and delivering equipment to job sites
Cons
no overtime or healthcare
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CA4 September 2017
I would flat saw concrete and core drill hole. On a few occasions I ran a small crew for other drillers. I enjoyed the different locations. The management could have been more help to there employees.
Good fun people to work with
Combo Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO9 August 2017
Great people to work with. Good benefits and great hours. Although you can work alot of hours , during the winter slows down and you'll get that time back.
Pros
Work with fun people
Cons
Some days can be long
Good Company to work for and good people to work with.
Construction Laborer (Former Employee) –  Ellensburg, WA21 May 2017
Typical day at work long hours.
Learned something new every day.
Management works well with employees and takes care of their employees.
The hardest part of the job would have to be the temperature and long hours.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the pay and the people I worked for and worked with.
Unstable work hours.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR1 April 2017
Often times I would find that there would be equipment failures such as concrete cutting saws breaking down, rivet busters not working, cables exposing wires. I would also get to a job and not have the supplies readily available. I learned how to cope with set backs and pull together a job through grit to get it done. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a great team.
Pros
Working hard for good money.
Cons
Never know when your going to work.
Good Company
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO31 March 2017
The work load is heavy and demanding. Working for the company taught me all about the concrete industry. The management team was driving but consistent and fair.
Great company
Saw Operator (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TX6 February 2017
They truly care about safety and will allow you to stop a job if safety is a concern. Great benefits with matching 401. THe team is great.
not the best company to work for
operator helper (Former Employee) –  Houston, TX6 February 2017
joined Penhall as a helper with no experience in concrete cutting or drilling...starting pay wasn't bad I guess for no experience. What I didn't like about the Houston division is that the work is not consistent....not knowing if you'll make 40 hours or any hours for that matter is the worst. The actual work itself (wire sawing, core drilling, flat sawing and wall sawing) was a cool experience but I just not for me. The other helpers and operators were good people, some easier to get along with than others. Got to do some traveling too which I liked because Penhall would me pay per diem and for the nice rooms they put me in. The management could do better with their employees though.
Pros
uniforms, traveling, pay per diem and hotel
Cons
management don't take care of their employees or appreciate the work and production they do, Work is NOT consistent and the hours are NOT guaranteed.
Poor Job at Penhall
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NC2 February 2017
Don't work here. When i started all i could see was an unorganized mess. Stuff being done at the last minute when it had to be done hours before and then the superintendent not keeping track of the hours. It was just a mess. On top of that be prepared to not work for a month straight, During the winter they would seriously not call you but they'll inform you that you can't work and to wait it out. We have bills to pay and they expect us to seriously wait a month without work?!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Unorganized management, losing track of hours and no work for a month
Flexible company
Payroll Administrator (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CA18 January 2017
This is a great company to work with if a flexible schedule is needed. Penhall is always willing to work around schedule do to school or other personal needs.
Benefits
Cons
Healthcare benefits
Very Professional Company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Camarillo, CA4 November 2016
Penhall Company has a reputation for outstanding service and responsibility. There professionalism was put through the test during the Northridge quake. They performed above standards.
Pros
Union/Take Care of Their employees
Cons
None to Mention.
They lied about what the job was
Heavy Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, AL27 September 2016
I applied for the Heavy Equipment Operator position in Birmingham, AL. I got a call from the manager wanting me to interview, which I did. He even said on the phone, 'For the heavy equipment operator position'. However, after interviewing and being offered the job, my drug test paperwork said 'Field Technician'. They don't even own any heavy equipment at this location. They have concrete saws, and not much else. I would have been cutting concrete, not operating equipment. He said if there is a need for equipment, they rent it. Very dishonest, I got a bad feeling about the company, and did not go to work there.
Pros
Cons
Dishonesty
Communication Break Down
SUPERINTENDENT (Former Employee) –  Tukwila, WA, Eueka, CA6 June 2016
Penhall as a whole was great to work for! A lot of unique experiences and projects. Co-workers are normally great although management has it's downfalls. There seems to be no communication between divisions. It seems pretty greedy with no real corporate structure.
Pros
Unique challenges, Broad variety of job faces/types
Cons
Poor Communication, Lack of work/seasonal
Unorganized
Division Administrator (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CA11 July 2015
Was happy for the minute I was there. Hired me in March to turn around and lay me off in July. Very disappointed with the whole experience
Pros
Loved my manager
Cons
Didn't he try to keep me
Fast paced Construction Company
Field Operations Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Austin, Texas21 June 2015
Daily interaction with division managers to forecast future needs in all related fields.

Learned that companies need to adapt to change as the environment changes. This change is needed and change management must be in place and accepted in order to suceed.
Pros
Pay is above to average in the economy
Cons
Not acceptable to change.
Great Company
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA31 May 2015
A little old school when it comes to technology but they were a very good company to work for and I enjoyed the people tremendously.
Pros
800 pound gorilla in the concrete company
Cons
technology challenged

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Penhall Company. Our community is ready to answer.