PEMBROKE REGIONAL HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work \Life Review
HEATH RECORDS TECHNICIAN (TEMPORARY) (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON13 February 2017
Excellent work place and environment. Very friendly and helpful Staff. Very accommodating with family life with regular wage increases after so many years of service.
organized and great staff
Clinical rotation (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON8 October 2016
I am a student PNS3 and currently on the rehab floor. i am learning new skills to properly keep care of patents. the nurses have been great and show much patience when i am not sure of some things. the hardest part of this placement is watching patients in pain and not being able to take it away. the most enjoyable part of my job is putting a smile on my patient's face, knowing that i have contributed a little bit to their recovery.
Pros
learning skills to job properly
Cons
not understanding some medical terms as good as i want to yet
Every day a learning experience
GEM Nurse-Geriatric Emergency Management (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON19 November 2015
Performed Geriatric Patient assessments of physical and cognitive-mental functioning or the frail elderly as they presented to the ED with a medical issue.
Developed a plan of care utilizing available community resources, and referrals for further assessment in order to assist the elderly to remain as functioning as possible in their own homes.

Geriatrics is fascinating and complex, much education is required to understand and intervene for this group of our society
Management is supportive in supplying ongoing education to meet advancing senior's issues
Pros
ongoing learning to assist seniors
Cons
bureaucratic restraints=inadequate supports for seniors
Enjoyed Medical Surgical was a trying experience
R.P.N (Former Employee) –  Pembroke ON14 May 2014
Caring for my patients needs whether it was a bath, meds, dressings, feeding or taking them for tests.
I learned that R.P.N.s did most of the work. Some co-workers spent more time at the desk talking about non job related things. While the good staff answered bells for all the patients even though it was primary nursing.
The hardest part about the job was speaking up for the patient when your voice seemed to fall on deaf ears no matter how hard you tried to advocate for the patient. At times the patients paid the price.
The most enjoyable part was my patient connections.
Pros
working with good staff
Cons
having work that was not yours being downloaded on youwhen you had enough of your own work.
Regional hospital that is growing to serve the needs of the community
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Pembroke, Ontario3 November 2013
The Penbroke Regional Hospital is a community-centred health care facility.
Great office work experience in professional environment.
Patient Information/Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pembroke, ON3 July 2013
At this position I performed data entry, file purging and organization of patient records. I learned about using organizational software such as Microsoft Access, and how to organize and purge patient files. My workers were helpful and professional. The hardest part of this job was going through thousands of patient files over the summer. The most enjoyable part of the job was the helpful and professional environment.
Great place to learn with very helpful nurses
Student Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pembroke, ON14 March 2013
As a student nurse, I would go in to work on Thursdays and Fridays. All the nurses there were very willing to take on student nurses and to help us if needed. We would provide all the care for two or three clients for the whole day and have a conference with our teacher at the end of the day to discuss any issues, concerns or celebrations of that day.