Pembina Pipeline Corporation

Pembina Pipeline Corporation Employee Reviews in Canada

An Incredible Journey
Supervisor, Project Procurement (Former Employee) –  CalgaryOctober 25, 2015
I started at Pembina 4 years ago looking to start the next chapter of my life. I was looking for an opportunity to truly affect change and I found it.

I came into an organization that was without any true Supply Chain Engagement and was asked to share my experience to implement processes and best practices while still maintaining the "practical approach" style that had worked for Pembina for over 50 years.

Looking back I see so many changes and improvements that were a result of my leadership. I am so proud to know that a great deal of this progress was a result of my working with PM's and stakeholders to understand their world and work to show the areas that Supply Chain could truly add value.

As this organization enters it's next chapter of development and looking to focus on Lean it will be interesting to hear how the story ends. I believe it will be a challenge for many members of the organization as there will be some reservations for some PM's, and SCM people of how Lean can fit into the execution of projects that cannot always allow for long term planning.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Uncertain Expectations
no end to the work to do
contractor (Current Employee) –  Northern Alberta areaOctober 18, 2015
I have contracted for Pembina for 5 yrs now , there is more work than we could do. most of the direct employees do as little as possible and pass the buck when ever possible to the few that like to work.
Pros
steady pay check
Cons
Extremelly fast pace environment.
Document Control Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABOctober 1, 2015
Excellent Company with great benefits but I have no comment on my co-workers. Very unfriendly individuals in my group.
Pros
Great perks
Cons
very high volume of work with no breaks.
A six month contract turned into 31 months
Field and HSE Administrator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, ABJuly 24, 2015
Assisting all aspects of the construction facility, from HSE to the inspectors, to the operations division.
Working on a construction site building a gas facility was completely new to me. I had no idea of what the position entailed or what was expected, and with no one to give me direction, it was a learning curve from the beginning.
Many of the crew I've worked with since my arrival, and soon we'll all go our own way and on to different programs with different companies.
This crew considered everyone equal, no one person was less or more important than the next, regardless of who they were or the position they had, everyone was important.
Pros
The people and the company
Cons
That it's about to end
Don't Apply
SCM (Former Employee) –  CalgaryFebruary 17, 2015
If you're a person who can just do as your asked and you are able to sit like a dog until asked to move, this company is for you! Old boys club goes deep, if you don't join in you're on your way out.
Pros
good pay for little effort
Cons
the list is long
productive, serious but fun place to work in
IT Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABMarch 13, 2014
a typical day at work required tasks such as data entry, scanning/printing documents, and working on SAP. Management was good, and lenient regarding my school schedule. The hardest part of the job was working on SAP as I had to get used to it first and understand the ins and outs of it. Whereas the best part was preparing a guide for SAP which required some video recording.
Pros
free lunch
Very fun environment
HR - Payroll Administrator (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, ABSeptember 11, 2013
Worked with great people. Had a lot of fun, but was not working in my chosen profession, HR.
Great employee's to work with.
Office Services Coordinator and Facility Mgmt. (Former Employee) –  Calgary, OntarioDecember 12, 2012
Pembina Pipeline was a wonderful company to work for. They take very good care of their employees, both with career advancement, financially and super health care package.

My typical day at work was very face paced each and everyday and had to be a multi-tasker.

The hardest part of the job was not enough staff to help in this position.

Most enjoyable part of the job was achieving a project in record time and under budget.
Pros
monthly luncheons and yearly functions.
Cons
for my position specifically, not enough manpower.