Pella Corporation Employee Reviews

Great company with amazing benefits
Oracle BOM/Configurator Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAMay 23, 2015
I enjoyed every day that I worked at Pella Corporation. Great people to work with and amazing benefits. It is the kind of company that makes you want to settle down and settle in,
was a good place to work in begiining but not valued as much as it was in beginning
material handler (Current Employee) –  Macomb, ILMarch 10, 2012
was a good place to work but hard to advance anymore not very good at giving raises or cost of living raises they do care about safety and their product being of good quality
Pros
offer lunch and learns / do blood drives /
Cons
could offer more benefits for employees
Pella believes in quality products and family.
Specialist A, Curved Parts Water Spider (Former Employee) –  Shenandoah, IAJanuary 16, 2013
Working for Pella was an experience to remember. The company and its managers operate smoothly and efficiently, and the employees generally get along well together with additional communication of tasks and safety procedures.

Most enjoyable: Set hours, great pay and benefits, and the chance to be exposed to a line of work that can be educational and rewarding.

Least enjoyable: The indoor environment of the factory: Because the wood conditions need to be maintained at certain temperatures and humidity levels (no A/C during the summer and water misters providing extra humidity during the dry winter months), the indoor environment eventually became too physically unbearable to work in such conditions.
Pros
the opportunity to work with great people; benefits
Cons
overall environment
Pella Corporation is the greates place ive ever worked,and miss it terribly.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCMay 1, 2012
Pella is a super great place to work,every aspect of the job is well organized,people are caring and co-operative. benefits and hours are perfect for my life style.I have learned many new skills that will be alotted to my future success.my co- workers were like family,there really was no hard parts of any job there that i had to perform,but i would say rolling screens to tact time was probably most demanding for me,luckily ,I didnt have to do that to the point of dread,so it was all good excercise for our bodies.the most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that i was able to make a difference in our company in many ways as was others.
Pros
learning new skills
Cons
sometimes hot
they dont care about their employees.
Production Operator (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYJuly 1, 2013
I worked their 8 yrs. I only made .35 cents over a new hire. They took my raise away because I got sick n then trained me everywhere in the plant. Their health ins isn't that good. If u get hurt ( like a back or shoulder injury) they try to get rid of u.
Pros
has flex spend
Cons
to many to list
great group of coworkers
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAMarch 11, 2014
semi seasonal work. winters were usually slow so you could get a lot of time off or work reduced hours. summer months were very busy so it was hard to take time off and usually work 50+ hours per week.
Pros
compensation was awesome, great coworkers
Cons
long hours, a lot of weekends
Hard work, well paid
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Pella, IADecember 18, 2013
Extremely hard work. Fast paced. Heavy lifting. Extremely hot in the summer... Having said that, it is one of the highest paid employers in the area.

6 days a week during busy season/summer
Very slow during slow season, employees encouraged to take time off.

Constant management changes. Always someone new.

Co workers were great, they were happy for the most part and easy to work with.

Always an opportunity to change positions, learn something new, or change departments.

Drama free. Management doesn't bother with nonsense found in other companies. All they care about is numbers and productivity.
Pros
wages, room for growth
Cons
hiring managers fresh out of college with little to no work experience.
well paying job for area
Operator II (Former Employee) –  Pella, IAMarch 12, 2013
a typical day at work involved being on an assembly line making windows. i learned about the window making process from cutting the raw materials to finishing the finished product. management for the corporation mainly consisted of unexperienced young college graduates who knew nothing of production. plus pella would move managers around so often that no manager truely learned their line. co-workers were all great people just trying to make a living. hardest part of the job would be the extreme heat. the most enjoyable part of the job was the 4 day work weeks of working 10 hr days 4 days a week.
Pros
having three day weekends
Cons
extreme heat conditions and poor quality products
Strong Brand
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Shenandoah, IASeptember 30, 2012
Strong company with strong brand. Lean Manufacturing practices are daily way of life.
Pros
culture
Cons
promotion potential without relocation
Always food somewhere
Factory Laborer (Former Employee) –  Pella, IANovember 21, 2014
I would complete orders to the best of my ability. Customer satisfaction and safety are top priorities. I have met a lot of wonderful people at Pella Corp. and I was very proud to let people know that I was a member of the Pella team. A lot of labor was in my job description but that made the day go fast. Management was professional.
Pros
always dinners, potlucks etc...
Cons
you could tell you had a work out by the end of the day
overall, a wonderful place of employment
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Sioux Center, IAOctober 12, 2014
enjoyed fellow employees and working with computer assisted machines and assembling final parts. Had a large turnover in the management side which had a minimal effect on the employees I was working with. I was laid off during one of the company downsizings they had in that period and bega retirement.
Pros
extremely clean envoiornment for machining materials.
Cons
never knew exactly how long this manager would be there
Great company with a solid direction
National Accounts Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 20, 2013
The management training program is great at Pella Corporation. They train you how to handle difficult employee situations, team building, and how to be a leader not just a manager. Also another part of working with Pella is that they focus on your personal growth. They have a formal mentoring program that pairs you with people from other business functions.
Pros
good management
Cons
economy impacts building material supply
over all good work place clean had to resign due to lack of work becoming more and more slow each year
Assembly and Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PAJune 1, 2013
started 7 am did our stretches in the morning. Out look of work for the week ahead. I learned many different machine operations. I really enjoyed my co-workers got along well with the team. rolling and building screens was the hardest but I kept up well with it. most enjoyable was the fast paced environment. i like to keep busy
benefits
Cons
short breaks and short lunch
Great place to work and grow
Sr. Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Murray, KYFebruary 15, 2015
I don't regret any aspect of my 20 years at Pella. The learning environment is awesome. They provided or assisted with any training I was up for to help my career.

I would be happy to work for them again.
Great co-workers, management is not good!
assembler (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PaDecember 6, 2012
Not very good management. High expectations, and they are big on their timings. They stand behind you with a stop watch and if you do not get product out in the right time, you get wrote up for it. Three write ups your out the door! Not a very good family oriented place. They could care less about your family as long as they had a body there.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
management
horrible place to work
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 18, 2012
This was my worst job ever. Avoid this place if possible. the ergonomics of each workstation is horrible, it will ruin your body for life.ie: arthritis, painful feet. Management having relationships with employees. Favortism. No advancment
Pros
ummmm
Cons
underpaid, unhealthy work conditions, ?hot, unethical managers, bad insurance, poor incentives
Productive and sometimes fun place to work. Lots of overtime
Lead (Current Employee) –  Murray, KYMay 20, 2013
When working overtime with this company the hours can be long and rough. When working a straight 40 hour work week, the job can be fullfilling and fun. The pay is decent, but it is often hard to balance work and family life depending on the shift you work.
Pros
decent pay and benefits
Cons
long hard hours, physical labor.
I enjoyed everyday at this facility a fabulous work environment.
Saw Machine Operator/Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  West Columbia, SCJune 5, 2014
Management and the employees were on the same page for getting our numbers in a safe manner. The only hard part of the job was that it got a really hot in the summer. But i left there everyday with a smile.
Pella was a very intense but productive workplace.
Operated Sash Welder and Sash Cleaner (Former Employee) –  west columbia scJune 28, 2012
Before start up at Pella Corporation it was required for workers to performed daily scretches before start-up. Teamleaders assign workers the areas to worked until it was time for rotation. Ive learned to punctual at all times, to patient, to established great communication with co-workers and managers. To work to tha best of my abilities.The hardest part of my job at the time was the intensity of the job. Seeking to meet the goals that was required.
Pros
acttivities for family and friends., special set ups the company would have for employees each month.
Cons
last minute notice to work additional hours before end of the shift, teamleaders or managers timing employees, the heat temperatures
Great Company
Team member (Former Employee) –  Macomb, ILApril 30, 2013
Pella is a great company, the management and core staff do a great job of working together to get high priority items accomplished. They have a great focus on safety, quality and productivity.