Pella Corporation Employee Reviews

Pella
Assembly operator (Former Employee) –  Macomb, IL22 July 2017
I dont really have much to say about this workplace. It is like any other factory job. The productivity that you have is never enough. I overall just hate factory work.
Hardest working people I ever met
Window Assembler (Former Employee) –  Window assembler13 July 2017
Company ran people out door in first night of starting people were mistreated and harassed but the company couldn't keep Hr people to get the help you needed I needed my job and took it for four years till I was pushed to miss my breaks and working 10 hr shifts drove me to a breakdown Don't know how working hard like everyone did they never appreciated anyone We were put to managers holding stop watches telling you you weren't keeping up when you were and they just didn't care if you walked out they actually wanted it. I never seen so many people leave a company in my life
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad managers and had no Hr to help the abuse
Legacy Environment
Sys Admin (Former Employee) –  Pella, IA26 June 2017
Supporting legacy environments with no future retirement or replacement plan.
Lack of communication from Management
Easy going workplace culture.
Working with teams that did not have life cycle management was a challenge
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Slow Employee Progression
Poor homelife/work balance
Assembly Line Worker (Current Employee) –  Shenandoah, IA22 June 2017
If you're in it for the paycheck, Pella is the place to be. You are compensated well and you have very good coverage and insurance. However, if you are wanting to still have a life or spend time with your family, don't get your hopes up. This is a lot of the reason I am searching for a new position. I currently work nights and though the pay is well, all my close friends and family work dayshift and I get no time with them. Also, you work a large amount of overtime. If you can handle little time with the family and a lot of extra hours, it's a great place to be.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits
Cons
poor management team, number of hours worked
Excellent Company to Work for
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OH11 June 2017
Tremendous opportunities here. The company provides valuable training for job advancement. Great people, great ethics, great products! Great experience working for Pella
Stressful Environment
Customer Service Specialist - Contact Center (Current Employee) –  Pella, IA6 June 2017
Very stressful, and it is hard to move into other positions within the company. When jobs open up, they already know who they want to hire for those positions before they post the jobs available.
Great company with the best benefits package I have ever had.
Paint Line Leader (Former Employee) –  Carroll, IA30 May 2017
I was with the company for about 18 years in total. The pace was pretty fast in most areas of production. The management was fair and treated everyone with respect. The hardest part about the job was the high turnover in department managers. The best part was the people.
Pros
Profit sharing and great earned time off package.
Cons
Locations are not near bigger cities.
set up
Engineering Support Technician (Former Employee) –  pella ia24 May 2017
worked nights with manufacturer production lines
worked to improve work flow
modified line
sat in upper management to help flow and work with others and get a grasp on what was needed
Pros
great work environment
Cons
3 rd shift
never again
Assembly Operator (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PA23 May 2017
Not a good place to work. they work u like machines, but get written up if u get hurt. not a fun place to work. I feel that the friendship that was there is not there anymore. The management used to be fun and work with the lines But now all they want to do is sit in there office and wait for some one to ether miss up or quit. U never know how many hours u work a day or even a week. They change all the time.I have seen a lot of strong spirited people be broken and torn down do to the lack of friendship there is in there.
I needed a job
Production Worker / Window Glazer (Former Employee) –  Gresham, OR23 May 2017
I worked 3 years on graveyard with a lot of people that seemed really sketchy. I was on a manufacturing line doing the same 5 things for 10 hours a day destroying my body doing for $12.00 an hour.
Pella is Viewed to be the Best.
Senior Manager, Product Marketing (Director) (Former Employee) –  Pella, IA23 May 2017
Pella Corporation is a fantastic family owned company. Employees feel empowered to do good work and are very fairly compensated. Located in rural Iowa, it's a great place to find work life balance.
Pros
Balance Life Style
Cons
Rural setting may not be for everyone.
Very productive environment for employees. Management gives encouragement ware it is due.
Mechine Operator (Current Employee) –  Murray, KY19 May 2017
Verry clean company standards. Management is excellent. Employees are great and H.R is very easy to communicate with. Sometime lunch was provided. Overall great company
Pros
Sometimes lunch is privided
Cons
Hours vary, depended on work load
Family owned and culture for employees
Segment Business Manager - North East Region (Former Employee) –  Pella, IA6 April 2017
Family owned and culture for employees, but operates like a well oiled business machine. Great Company, wish I was still there. Quality products, processes and service to internal and external customers.
Pros
Great product, great culture
Cons
New Management changes may upset the companies stability
Fast growing company
Cost Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Pella, IA3 April 2017
Pella Corp was a fast growing company that taught their employees to be efficient and open minded to help them grow as people. You had their support in whatever you wanted to work for.
This company sucks.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Gettysburg, PA27 March 2017
If I would have known that this place was going to turn into the awful company that it is I never would have started working there. They say opportunity for advancement but that's a lie unless you want to be a brown noser. They expect way too much out of their employees. Most people can't work that hard or that fast, especially in the summer heat. Saturday overtime is mandatory most of the year so be prepared to have no life. There is no air conditioning and the ppe and dress codes keep your body covered so you sweat like crazy. Management is incompetent. In a ten hour day you get 34 minutes of break time: 8 min break, 18 min lunch, 8 min break. There is a reason why this posting says hiring is ongoing. No one wants to work there.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
It's the worst job ever.
Productive and very fast paced.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PA16 March 2017
Very fast paced. Never had time to do anything else but your job. Management was okay. Put in my two weeks since i found ppg industries which had much more to offer.
Pros
Paid breaks.
Cons
Short br3breaks
Good at the begining
Production Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PA15 March 2017
I worked my way up in the company and at the begining it was a great place to work for, but as new upper management took over we as team members went from that to just another worker and the enjoyment went out the door and lines started to work with less team member and was asked to do the same amount of windows in a day and mulitple job. At the end I was trying to move from a lead to manager and I was advised it wouldn't happen. When I gave my 2 week notice I was walked out the door and didn't receive any pay for the 2 week notice or the holiday pay that I was to receive.
Great team enviroment
Operator (Current Employee) –  Murray, KY10 March 2017
I work with a great group of people. We are always looking out for each other. Safety is of the highest concern. I am compensated very well for my time, however, I do feel like I am at work more than home. The demand on my time tends to be overwhelming at times.
Pros
Great group of people to work for and with. Great benefits.
Cons
Too much overtime.
Poor management
Production coordinator/supervisor Pella (Former Employee) –  Macomb, IL7 March 2017
Mostly temporary employees. The management is arrogant and extremely demanding. Pella is work hard and as fast as you can from arrival to departure. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND
Amazing Company
National Accounts Account Manager (Current Employee) –  NY16 February 2017
Amazing Company, great work life balance, amazing people to work with, great salary, fantastic place to work, company takes an interest in building careers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pella Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.