Pella Corporation Employee Reviews

Pella Corporation
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Pella, IA7 November 2016
Typical day at work would be assisting customers at the inbound call center providing information about product knowledge, product eligibility,estimated time of arrival, and product availability. I have learned how to take care of each customer one at a time and providing accurate information every time; while documenting any call so any one of my team members would be able to assist the customer next time they call in. The hardest part of the job is there is difficult to please everyone. The most enjoyable part is helping customers sell products.
Not to bad
Operator B (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PA12 August 2016
I worked there for a couple of years wasn't that bad. I was in the radius department and loved it didn't like being in my station by my self for a year. When I got back from Canada my manager at the time said do what you need to do we need to make product. Working the bugs out with help from my maintenance man. And one day we got a new manager didn't know how to do my job and tried to change everything I worked so hard on. I was impressing the big dogs for Iowa with everything I did. Even bending the triple pane glass bead. But it wasn't good enough for my manager so I walked way. The Iowa boys weren't happy but couldn't help me. I would like to go back but not if he still runs that line. And all the hard work I did I didn't get a raise the last two years I was there.
Pros
Benefits, vacation, payday was always on Friday
Cons
Zach
Great place to work with people focused culture
Talent Acquisition Intern (Former Employee) –  Pella, IA27 July 2016
Pella places a lot of focus on servant leadership, continuous improvement and giving back to the community. People are quick to help and respond. I was given the opportunity to grow not only professionally but personally as well. They were truly invested in my career.
Strongly encourages continuous improvemnts
RELOCATION MGR/SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Pella, IA8 July 2016
In the 8 years that I was employed by Pella Corporation, I was always encourage to reach a little farther and recognized for my accomplishments
Beware
Operator II (Current Employee) –  Gettysburg, PA26 May 2016
I currently work 3rd shift hours, 8:30pm to 6:30 am Sunday night through Friday morning. Extremely fast paced environment, expect to have Carpal Tunnel and Arthritis by your mid 20s. They only care about their production numbers at the end of the night, and will do whatever it takes to achieve them, so expect to bounce around between other lines/departments which can be very frustrating. And causes Very high turn over rate. You are being "timed" to do your job, this company has a time system and believes it has no flaws which I did agree. Your opinion will not be considered. Very short breaks include (2) 10 minute breaks and one 20 minute lunch for a 10 hour period. Expect (2) 6 minute and one 15 minute breaks bc they want you at your station ready to work at the end of breaks, not walking back from the break room. Management is a joke. Always somebody new bc they can't keep good managers, I wonder why?! Fresh managers out of college with no manufacturing experience will be your leader. No time with family during busy season, (April-September) sleep all day and work all night including overtime on Friday nights. Expect a 36 hour weekend to yourself. Hours drops below 30 hours/week in slow season (October-March) so plan ahead for a part time job. Advancement is available but will still face problems stated above. My overall experience was ok until the end of my 3 year career at this company. Good company to put some money in your pocket if you can handle it, but wouldn't recommend it, there are more "work friendly" jobs out there that will spare your back and fingers.
Pros
Great Health/Dental insurance.
Cons
Everything in review!
Long hours and high speed environment
Line Lead - Material Handler - Operator (Former Employee) –  Murray, KY28 November 2015
While the managerial culture often feels lacking, the job does provide decent compensation. There is a good retirement program and insurance is almost completely paid by the company. However, long hours and minimal environmental controls make this a sometimes difficult job to weather in spite of the benefits. Upward mobility is decent, and you will go somewhere as long as you are willing to put in the time and do not complain too much.
Cons
Short breaks.
Safety is of utmost importance
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Murray, KY3 November 2015
Good place to work that is more focused on safety of their team members that the number of production. Safety is always first.
Pros
Health care, Vacation, Opportunities for advancement
Cons
Hours are not consistant thoughout the year.
Bad management, bad culture, bad pay.
Sr. Warehouse Operator (Former Employee) –  Pella, IA11 July 2015
Typical day go in work in at varying times as needed in all sorts of different weather and load/unload trailers with product bound for various destinations. Or building windows/doors and operating various equipment as needed by the company. Management constantly critiqued and criticized work practices without ever having done them and offered no solutions to the criticism being given. If you were somehow legitimately injured at work you were punished and in most cases terminated. Make claims to be a family/people oriented company and couldn't be further from the truth. I was relieved when i found another job and resigned.
Pros
Better then nothing
Cons
short breaks, terrible management, constantly changing schedule, no rearguard for employees.
Very controlling environment
Maintenace Tech (Former Employee) –  Pella, IA29 June 2015
Most days started with responding to equipment needing adjustments or start-up issues. Communications with co-workers to determine tasks for the day. Combination of special projects mixed with trouble calls or daily inspections.
Pros
descent pay. good benifets
Cons
lay offs. turn over in management 2+ times per year. very tight controlled policies
Working here
TPM Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Macomb, IL26 June 2015
It is a great place to work. You have a lot of great team members here that are willing to do what it takes to help the company and yourself grow. There is politics going on here that you would expect from a large company, but its still a great place to work for.
Pros
They are felxible with hours in my position.
Cons
i don't have any kind of progression to move up in pay.
Very Corporate invironment
Drafting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pella, IA28 May 2015
When I first started with Pella, it was a family owned business that gave its employees the respect they deserved for the quality of work they provided. In the later years of my employment there, they became very corporate in that they put the company profit ahead of the welfare and treatment of their employees.
Pros
Full benefits.
Cons
Low job security, top heavy management.
Great company with amazing benefits
Oracle BOM/Configurator Analyst (Former Employee) –  Pella, IA23 May 2015
I enjoyed every day that I worked at Pella Corporation. Great people to work with and amazing benefits. It is the kind of company that makes you want to settle down and settle in,
A Good Job with Hard Work
Saw Operator, Assembler (Former Employee) –  Pella, IA20 May 2015
I worked there for 10.5 years. The job was demanding, but paid well. Benefits were excellent.

The hardest part of the job was standing on your feet for 8 to 10 hours per day.

Safety is a very big issue. I learned how to keep a safe working environment.

The factory is shut down for up to two weeks at Christmas time.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Long hours standing
Working with the public allowed me to utilize my oustanding customer service skills.
Showroom Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Berkeley, CA14 April 2015
Great company however not too much room for advancement. The product is outstanding and only wish the economy was in better shape so we did not have to close the showroom.
Pros
Positive feedback
Cons
Poor management
Other than the Marine Corps, this job was the most enjoyable for me.
Lead Value-Add/Composite Builder (Former Employee) –  Pella, IA6 April 2015
I enjoyed going to work everyday. By far, this is the best company I have worked for in the civilian sector. Great culture, family owned and operated, great compensation, would like the opportunity to work for this company again. Have had nothing but regrets since leaving this company for family reasons in 2008.
Pros
Great company, great compensation, excellent benefits, treat all employees great.
Department Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR3 April 2015
Pella Corporation is a great place to work and was a good opportunity to work for such an active company. Their focus on CI was intense and it really made a daily difference.
Great place to work and grow
Sr. Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Murray, KY15 February 2015
I don't regret any aspect of my 20 years at Pella. The learning environment is awesome. They provided or assisted with any training I was up for to help my career.

I would be happy to work for them again.
Large corporation with lots of career options
Conferencing Administrator (Former Employee) –  Pella, IA8 January 2015
A great company to work for. The culture is one of it's best aspects. The management was always open to new ideas and excellent communication.
Pros
Great place to grow as an individual in a given area
Cons
You can get stuck in one field
TYPICAL DAY AT WORK
LABOR (Current Employee) –  MURRAY, KY11 December 2014
I BEEN IN MANAGEMENT FOR A LONG TIME BEFORE COMING TO PELLA. THE BIG PROBLEM IS THE MANAGEMENT MAKES YOU FEEL LIKE YOUR NOT EVEN THERE. THERE IS NO TEAM WORK AND I SURE THEY DONT KNOW HOW TO BUILD THAT WITH THE EMPLOYEES. IT STARTS FROM THE TOP AND THEY ARE NOT DOING ANYTHING ABOUT IT, IT FEELS LIKE IF WE GET THOUGH THE DAY ITS GOOD ENOUGH. THE TURN OVER % IS AROUND 75% SO THAT ALONE SHOULD TELL THEM SOMETHING. THE EMPLOYEES ARE SO UNHAPPY AND THERE MAD ALL THE TIME. I DON"T FEEL ANY JOB IS HARD, BUT MANAGEMENT MAKES IT HARD BY THE WAY YOUR TREATED. THE BAD PART IS YOU CAN DRIVE TO WORK AND YOU DON,T KNOW IF YOU ARE GOING TO EVEN WORK TILL YOU GET THERE AND THEN YOU MIGHT WORK 3 OR 4 HOURS. BUT IN THE SUMMER YOU CAN WORK ALL THE HOURS YOU WANT, BUT YOU WILL NOT HAVE A FAMILY LIFE. THE SAD PART IT CAN BE BETTER WITH TEAM BUILDING EVENTS FOR MANAGEMENT. THEY NEED TO TALK TO THERE EMPOYEES WITH OUT THEM FEELING THERE JOB IS ON THE LINE FOR SAYING SOMETHING.
Pros
IT CAN BE BETTER
Always food somewhere
Factory Laborer (Former Employee) –  Pella, IA21 November 2014
I would complete orders to the best of my ability. Customer satisfaction and safety are top priorities. I have met a lot of wonderful people at Pella Corp. and I was very proud to let people know that I was a member of the Pella team. A lot of labor was in my job description but that made the day go fast. Management was professional.
Pros
Always dinners, potlucks etc...
Cons
You could tell you had a work out by the end of the day