Pella Corporation Employee Reviews

Pella is Viewed to be the Best.
Senior Manager, Product Marketing (Director) (Former Employee) –  Pella, IA23 May 2017
Pella Corporation is a fantastic family owned company. Employees feel empowered to do good work and are very fairly compensated. Located in rural Iowa, it's a great place to find work life balance.
Pros
Balance Life Style
Cons
Rural setting may not be for everyone.
Very productive environment for employees. Management gives encouragement ware it is due.
Mechine Operator (Current Employee) –  Murray, KY19 May 2017
Verry clean company standards. Management is excellent. Employees are great and H.R is very easy to communicate with. Sometime lunch was provided. Overall great company
Pros
Sometimes lunch is privided
Cons
Hours vary, depended on work load
Family owned and culture for employees
Segment Business Manager - North East Region (Former Employee) –  Pella, IA6 April 2017
Family owned and culture for employees, but operates like a well oiled business machine. Great Company, wish I was still there. Quality products, processes and service to internal and external customers.
Pros
Great product, great culture
Cons
New Management changes may upset the companies stability
Fast growing company
Cost Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Pella, IA3 April 2017
Pella Corp was a fast growing company that taught their employees to be efficient and open minded to help them grow as people. You had their support in whatever you wanted to work for.
This company sucks.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Gettysburg, PA27 March 2017
If I would have known that this place was going to turn into the awful company that it is I never would have started working there. They say opportunity for advancement but that's a lie unless you want to be a brown noser. They expect way too much out of their employees. Most people can't work that hard or that fast, especially in the summer heat. Saturday overtime is mandatory most of the year so be prepared to have no life. There is no air conditioning and the ppe and dress codes keep your body covered so you sweat like crazy. Management is incompetent. In a ten hour day you get 34 minutes of break time: 8 min break, 18 min lunch, 8 min break. There is a reason why this posting says hiring is ongoing. No one wants to work there.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
It's the worst job ever.
Good at the begining
Production Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PA15 March 2017
I worked my way up in the company and at the begining it was a great place to work for, but as new upper management took over we as team members went from that to just another worker and the enjoyment went out the door and lines started to work with less team member and was asked to do the same amount of windows in a day and mulitple job. At the end I was trying to move from a lead to manager and I was advised it wouldn't happen. When I gave my 2 week notice I was walked out the door and didn't receive any pay for the 2 week notice or the holiday pay that I was to receive.
Great team enviroment
Operator (Current Employee) –  Murray, KY10 March 2017
I work with a great group of people. We are always looking out for each other. Safety is of the highest concern. I am compensated very well for my time, however, I do feel like I am at work more than home. The demand on my time tends to be overwhelming at times.
Pros
Great group of people to work for and with. Great benefits.
Cons
Too much overtime.
Poor management
Production coordinator/supervisor Pella (Former Employee) –  Macomb, IL7 March 2017
Mostly temporary employees. The management is arrogant and extremely demanding. Pella is work hard and as fast as you can from arrival to departure. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND
Amazing Company
National Accounts Account Manager (Current Employee) –  NY16 February 2017
Amazing Company, great work life balance, amazing people to work with, great salary, fantastic place to work, company takes an interest in building careers.
Would never suggest
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PA11 February 2017
This place will put you into an early grave. Lead people showed favorites. Best not to have a family because you won't see them ever. Serious lack of communication. Pella does 45 job fairs a year, there is a reason for that. You can make decent money at pella, but they will destroy your health in the process. There is a reason very few people over35 work there. No education required to work here as long as you have two legs, two arms, and a will. USE CAUTION!!!
Pros
Can make decent money
Cons
Everything else
Very traditional Midwest company
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA2 February 2017
Great quality products, still family owned company
Company is a bit too slow with changes in the marketplace
Very traditional management structure from top down
Hardest part - meeting the sales targets that keep growing
Pros
Great products
Cons
Very traditional management structure
Your manager dictates your experience.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Macomb, IL22 January 2017
I've worked for a few different managers here and some were helpful and worked with me to get better and learn my job, where others saw it as a badge of honor to fire people, so they clung to the smallest excuse to write you up. They would tell people, "I had to talk to you about it, so it's a write-up."

Ultimately all management advancement goes through third/second shift as well. Gamebreaker for many.
Pros
Free food sometimes
Cons
Pretend to be interested in servant leadership, but they are just like every corporation
Decent place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PA11 January 2017
Company offers good wages and benefits. Training process is better than most. Job responsibilities are challenging though - fast paced, can be somewhat repetitive. But they offer good benefits and the people I worked with were awesome!
Very motivated company. But make special effort for employees.
Moulder Operator (Former Employee) –  Pella, IA9 January 2017
Very high prodution and ourput. Very quick in training on some new jobs. Managment very visible and involved and there to answer any questions on production.
Pros
Special days like Adventureland luncheons.
Cons
Many hours sometimes makes outside activities difficult.
Close nit company
Contact Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Pella, IA19 December 2016
I was very close to all my co-workers and most of the management. I would take phone calls daily to help customer's with their Pella windows and doors. The difficult part of the job was not interacting with people personality. I like to talk to people face to face instead of over the phone.
Productive and very friendly
Tech Operator (Current Employee) –  Murray, KY15 December 2016
If you don't mind working hard pella is the place to be.people who work there are fun to work with and there are a few activities such as there golf league,that is a blast. They have Christmas parties for your kids and Easter parties as well as bowling tournaments golf tournaments and sometimes flag football.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
You will work hard
Pella is a nice place to work
3rd shift assembler (Current Employee) –  Gettysburg, PA10 December 2016
Been working there since October 2016, once it's January I will be able to get the full benefits and everything since I went through a temp agency to get the job but overall a great place to work and people are pretty cool and easy to get along with and helpful to make everyone's jobs easier
Pros
Typically 2-3 breaks, time goes fast, friendly staff
Cons
Honestly think there should be a pool table, or free coffee atleast there that definelty boost overall moral of employees I believe so
Pella Corporation
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Pella, IA7 November 2016
Typical day at work would be assisting customers at the inbound call center providing information about product knowledge, product eligibility,estimated time of arrival, and product availability. I have learned how to take care of each customer one at a time and providing accurate information every time; while documenting any call so any one of my team members would be able to assist the customer next time they call in. The hardest part of the job is there is difficult to please everyone. The most enjoyable part is helping customers sell products.
Company with a vision that is failing
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pella, IA13 October 2016
Pete Kuyper (company founder) established a vision of how he wanted his company to be ran, unfortunately, the current regime is not living up to those standards.
Pros
Profit Sharing
Cons
Work life balance
Not to bad
Operator B (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PA12 August 2016
I worked there for a couple of years wasn't that bad. I was in the radius department and loved it didn't like being in my station by my self for a year. When I got back from Canada my manager at the time said do what you need to do we need to make product. Working the bugs out with help from my maintenance man. And one day we got a new manager didn't know how to do my job and tried to change everything I worked so hard on. I was impressing the big dogs for Iowa with everything I did. Even bending the triple pane glass bead. But it wasn't good enough for my manager so I walked way. The Iowa boys weren't happy but couldn't help me. I would like to go back but not if he still runs that line. And all the hard work I did I didn't get a raise the last two years I was there.
Pros
Benefits, vacation, payday was always on Friday
Cons
Zach

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pella Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.