Pella Corporation

Pella Corporation Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great employees
Quality Engineering Technician (Former Employee), Pella, IAJune 25, 2014
Good company to work for, employees are engaged and want to do a good job. Company offers bonus and profit sharing annually
I enjoyed everyday at this facility a fabulous work environment.
Saw Machine Operator/Production Assembler (Former Employee), West Columbia, SCJune 5, 2014
Management and the employees were on the same page for getting our numbers in a safe manner. The only hard part of the job was that it got a really hot in the summer. But i left there everyday with a smile.
Great place to work with an excellent culture
HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER/PRODUCTION MANAGER (Current Employee), Macomb, ILApril 27, 2014
Pella Corporation is a fantastic place to work with great people. Excellent manufacturing environment with great leadership.
great group of coworkers
Assembler (Former Employee), Pella, IAMarch 11, 2014
Pros: compensation was awesome, great coworkers
Cons: long hours, a lot of weekends
semi seasonal work. winters were usually slow so you could get a lot of time off or work reduced hours. summer months were very busy so it was hard to take time off and usually work 50+ hours per week.
People focused culture
Distribution Development Specialist (Current Employee), Pella, IAJanuary 22, 2014
Great company that focuses on their employees while maintaining its status as a top notch manufacturer of windows and doors.
NIce place to work
Sales & Installation (Former Employee), Fairfield, OHJanuary 20, 2014
I enjoyed going to work, however the company relocated and move out of state.
terrible hours and terrible management
Production Worker (Current Employee), Murray, KyJanuary 7, 2014
decent company to work for if you absolutely have to work there, if other options are available take them.
Hard work, well paid
Assembler (Former Employee), Pella, IADecember 18, 2013
Pros: wages, room for growth
Cons: hiring managers fresh out of college with little to no work experience.
Extremely hard work. Fast paced. Heavy lifting. Extremely hot in the summer... Having said that, it is one of the highest paid employers in the area.

6 days a week during busy season/summer
Very slow during slow season, employees encouraged to take time off.

Constant management changes. Always someone new.

Co workers were great, they were happy for – more... the most part and easy to work with.

Always an opportunity to change positions, learn something new, or change departments.

Drama free. Management doesn't bother with nonsense found in other companies. All they care about is numbers and productivity. – less
Window builder
Window builder (Former Employee), Sioux Center IowaDecember 13, 2013
Pros: the pay and benefits
Cons: working conditions
Built all parts of the window. Rolled screens, did quality checks, followed safe and standard work procedures.
A great place to work
Senior Marketing/Contact Center Coordinator (Former Employee), Rockford, ILNovember 21, 2013
The employees on all levels, across all of the departments, really work well together.
Good company to work for.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Pella, IAOctober 31, 2013
Company that help employees with in house class to help them in there jobs
This job helped me get work experiance and buy my first vehicle
assembly line worker (Former Employee), Murray, KYSeptember 23, 2013
This job had me running all day long but I made

some great friends
Good job
Utility Operator (Former Employee), Murray kyAugust 19, 2013
The job was great but very hard physically on my body..... because of the housing market crashing in 08 work hours became unstable and I needed a straight schedule that didn't change.
they dont care about their employees.
Production Operator (Former Employee), Murray, KYJuly 1, 2013
Pros: has flex spend
Cons: to many to list
I worked their 8 yrs. I only made .35 cents over a new hire. They took my raise away because I got sick n then trained me everywhere in the plant. Their health ins isn't that good. If u get hurt ( like a back or shoulder injury) they try to get rid of u.
over all good work place clean had to resign due to lack of work becoming more and more slow each year
Assembly and Machine Operator (Former Employee), Gettysburg, PAJune 1, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: short breaks and short lunch
started 7 am did our stretches in the morning. Out look of work for the week ahead. I learned many different machine operations. I really enjoyed my co-workers got along well with the team. rolling and building screens was the hardest but I kept up well with it. most enjoyable was the fast paced environment. i like to keep busy
Productive and sometimes fun place to work. Lots of overtime
Lead (Current Employee), Murray, KYMay 20, 2013
Pros: decent pay and benefits
Cons: long hard hours, physical labor.
When working overtime with this company the hours can be long and rough. When working a straight 40 hour work week, the job can be fullfilling and fun. The pay is decent, but it is often hard to balance work and family life depending on the shift you work.
More of a seasonal job than a full-time job
Production operator (Former Employee), Murray, KYMay 20, 2013
Seasonal-like job, some overtime in the summer, hardly any hours in the winter and spring. They have a strict expectation of following the pace as all lines have a certain amount of time, tack time, each employee is suppose to work under for each department. The managers do stand over you with stop watches and time you. If you cannot run the speed desired – more... you will be at risk for termination for quality of work. They no longer use a rotation schedule so they can make more windows (production) and over work everyone in one position when on overtime with high demands of orders. Which is resulting in lots of repetitive motion injuries.I would not recommend working here for any reason. – less
Aweful job
Machine Operator/Acting Lead (Former Employee), West Columbia, SCMay 8, 2013
Pros: it was a job
Cons: everything
It was an aweful job! Horrible management! Too much mandatory overtime, too hot, management was aweful
Great Company
Team member (Former Employee), Macomb, ILApril 30, 2013
Pella is a great company, the management and core staff do a great job of working together to get high priority items accomplished. They have a great focus on safety, quality and productivity.
needs a lot of work to make a better company
line employee (Current Employee), monett, moApril 11, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: see review to many to list
Working for a pella company is not very rewarding. They say they are a family oriented company, but working 60+ hours a week and make you work holidays keeps you from your family. Took away personal time where it screws over the employee and only benefits the company to make it easier to get rid of employee. Pella bought our company, Efco and trying – more... to run it like a wood and vinyl window and door manufacturer, like pella windows and doors. When have kaizan events they already what they are going to do planned out and input from employees are ignored. They are getting rid of all the people that know what is going on and what has worked in past and what failed, and replacing them with overpaid college graduates that know nothing or bringing in people from other pella plants that are shutting down that have failed there. Management can not keep themselves straight. Tell you some thing and hour later you find out that what they told you was a lie. There is no trust between workers and management. Everytime you turn around you have a diffferent supervisor. Only advancement that you will receive is if you are a yes man. They will make you a leader, but if you have a opinion you wont advance. they tell you there is a open door policy, but the open door they open is one walking you out. They only good thing is the pay is decent. – less

1 2 3