Pella Corporation Employee Reviews

Good at the begining
Production Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PA15 March 2017
I worked my way up in the company and at the begining it was a great place to work for, but as new upper management took over we as team members went from that to just another worker and the enjoyment went out the door and lines started to work with less team member and was asked to do the same amount of windows in a day and mulitple job. At the end I was trying to move from a lead to manager and I was advised it wouldn't happen. When I gave my 2 week notice I was walked out the door and didn't receive any pay for the 2 week notice or the holiday pay that I was to receive.
Great team enviroment
Operator (Current Employee) –  Murray, KY10 March 2017
I work with a great group of people. We are always looking out for each other. Safety is of the highest concern. I am compensated very well for my time, however, I do feel like I am at work more than home. The demand on my time tends to be overwhelming at times.
Pros
Great group of people to work for and with. Great benefits.
Cons
Too much overtime.
Poor management
Production coordinator/supervisor Pella (Former Employee) –  Macomb, IL7 March 2017
Mostly temporary employees. The management is arrogant and extremely demanding. Pella is work hard and as fast as you can from arrival to departure. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND
Amazing Company
National Accounts Account Manager (Current Employee) –  NY16 February 2017
Amazing Company, great work life balance, amazing people to work with, great salary, fantastic place to work, company takes an interest in building careers.
Would never suggest
Assembly Line Operator (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PA11 February 2017
This place will put you into an early grave. Lead people showed favorites. Best not to have a family because you won't see them ever. Serious lack of communication. Pella does 45 job fairs a year, there is a reason for that. You can make decent money at pella, but they will destroy your health in the process. There is a reason very few people over35 work there. No education required to work here as long as you have two legs, two arms, and a will. USE CAUTION!!!
Pros
Can make decent money
Cons
Everything else
Very traditional Midwest company
Retail Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WA2 February 2017
Great quality products, still family owned company
Company is a bit too slow with changes in the marketplace
Very traditional management structure from top down
Hardest part - meeting the sales targets that keep growing
Pros
Great products
Cons
Very traditional management structure
Your manager dictates your experience.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Macomb, IL22 January 2017
I've worked for a few different managers here and some were helpful and worked with me to get better and learn my job, where others saw it as a badge of honor to fire people, so they clung to the smallest excuse to write you up. They would tell people, "I had to talk to you about it, so it's a write-up."

Ultimately all management advancement goes through third/second shift as well. Gamebreaker for many.
Pros
Free food sometimes
Cons
Pretend to be interested in servant leadership, but they are just like every corporation
Decent place to work
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PA11 January 2017
Company offers good wages and benefits. Training process is better than most. Job responsibilities are challenging though - fast paced, can be somewhat repetitive. But they offer good benefits and the people I worked with were awesome!
Very motivated company. But make special effort for employees.
Moulder Operator (Former Employee) –  Pella, IA9 January 2017
Very high prodution and ourput. Very quick in training on some new jobs. Managment very visible and involved and there to answer any questions on production.
Pros
Special days like Adventureland luncheons.
Cons
Many hours sometimes makes outside activities difficult.
Close nit company
Contact Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Pella, IA19 December 2016
I was very close to all my co-workers and most of the management. I would take phone calls daily to help customer's with their Pella windows and doors. The difficult part of the job was not interacting with people personality. I like to talk to people face to face instead of over the phone.
Productive and very friendly
Tech Operator (Current Employee) –  Murray, KY15 December 2016
If you don't mind working hard pella is the place to be.people who work there are fun to work with and there are a few activities such as there golf league,that is a blast. They have Christmas parties for your kids and Easter parties as well as bowling tournaments golf tournaments and sometimes flag football.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
You will work hard
Pella is a nice place to work
3rd shift assembler (Current Employee) –  Gettysburg, PA10 December 2016
Been working there since October 2016, once it's January I will be able to get the full benefits and everything since I went through a temp agency to get the job but overall a great place to work and people are pretty cool and easy to get along with and helpful to make everyone's jobs easier
Pros
Typically 2-3 breaks, time goes fast, friendly staff
Cons
Honestly think there should be a pool table, or free coffee atleast there that definelty boost overall moral of employees I believe so
Pella Corporation
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Pella, IA7 November 2016
Typical day at work would be assisting customers at the inbound call center providing information about product knowledge, product eligibility,estimated time of arrival, and product availability. I have learned how to take care of each customer one at a time and providing accurate information every time; while documenting any call so any one of my team members would be able to assist the customer next time they call in. The hardest part of the job is there is difficult to please everyone. The most enjoyable part is helping customers sell products.
Company with a vision that is failing
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Pella, IA13 October 2016
Pete Kuyper (company founder) established a vision of how he wanted his company to be ran, unfortunately, the current regime is not living up to those standards.
Pros
Profit Sharing
Cons
Work life balance
Not to bad
Operator B (Former Employee) –  Gettysburg, PA12 August 2016
I worked there for a couple of years wasn't that bad. I was in the radius department and loved it didn't like being in my station by my self for a year. When I got back from Canada my manager at the time said do what you need to do we need to make product. Working the bugs out with help from my maintenance man. And one day we got a new manager didn't know how to do my job and tried to change everything I worked so hard on. I was impressing the big dogs for Iowa with everything I did. Even bending the triple pane glass bead. But it wasn't good enough for my manager so I walked way. The Iowa boys weren't happy but couldn't help me. I would like to go back but not if he still runs that line. And all the hard work I did I didn't get a raise the last two years I was there.
Pros
Benefits, vacation, payday was always on Friday
Cons
Zach
Great place to work with people focused culture
Talent Acquisition Intern (Former Employee) –  Pella, IA27 July 2016
Pella places a lot of focus on servant leadership, continuous improvement and giving back to the community. People are quick to help and respond. I was given the opportunity to grow not only professionally but personally as well. They were truly invested in my career.
Strongly encourages continuous improvemnts
RELOCATION MGR/SERVICE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Pella, IA8 July 2016
In the 8 years that I was employed by Pella Corporation, I was always encourage to reach a little farther and recognized for my accomplishments
Beware
Operator II (Current Employee) –  Gettysburg, PA26 May 2016
I currently work 3rd shift hours, 8:30pm to 6:30 am Sunday night through Friday morning. Extremely fast paced environment, expect to have Carpal Tunnel and Arthritis by your mid 20s. They only care about their production numbers at the end of the night, and will do whatever it takes to achieve them, so expect to bounce around between other lines/departments which can be very frustrating. And causes Very high turn over rate. You are being "timed" to do your job, this company has a time system and believes it has no flaws which I did agree. Your opinion will not be considered. Very short breaks include (2) 10 minute breaks and one 20 minute lunch for a 10 hour period. Expect (2) 6 minute and one 15 minute breaks bc they want you at your station ready to work at the end of breaks, not walking back from the break room. Management is a joke. Always somebody new bc they can't keep good managers, I wonder why?! Fresh managers out of college with no manufacturing experience will be your leader. No time with family during busy season, (April-September) sleep all day and work all night including overtime on Friday nights. Expect a 36 hour weekend to yourself. Hours drops below 30 hours/week in slow season (October-March) so plan ahead for a part time job. Advancement is available but will still face problems stated above. My overall experience was ok until the end of my 3 year career at this company. Good company to put some money in your pocket if you can handle it, but wouldn't recommend it, there are more "work friendly" jobs out there that will spare your back and fingers.
Pros
Great Health/Dental insurance.
Cons
Everything in review!
Long hours and high speed environment
Line Lead - Material Handler - Operator (Former Employee) –  Murray, KY28 November 2015
While the managerial culture often feels lacking, the job does provide decent compensation. There is a good retirement program and insurance is almost completely paid by the company. However, long hours and minimal environmental controls make this a sometimes difficult job to weather in spite of the benefits. Upward mobility is decent, and you will go somewhere as long as you are willing to put in the time and do not complain too much.
Cons
Short breaks.
Safety is of utmost importance
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Murray, KY3 November 2015
Good place to work that is more focused on safety of their team members that the number of production. Safety is always first.
Pros
Health care, Vacation, Opportunities for advancement
Cons
Hours are not consistant thoughout the year.

76%