Peel Regional Police Employee Reviews

Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 October 2017
Over 30 years I developed life long friends and contacts while gaining an abundance of knowledge and experience . Enjoyed all my secondments and transfers.
Pros
Great training and commraderi
Cons
12 hour uniform shifts
really great environment and the officers were very friendly
youth in policing initiative student (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 August 2017
A typical day at work as a youth in policing initiative student was we would meet up in a classroom like setting and we would get various policing unit presentations, we would also do fun activities and be assigned certain tasks.
Pros
it was very fun
Cons
there was not any
Fun workplace with great experiences
Part time worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 June 2017
Working with the Peel Regional Police over the summer was one of the greatest opportunities that I got to experience. I have learned many great life skills while working with the Peel Regional Police.
Corporate Structure
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 April 2017
* Assisted in day to day IT and HELPDESK related tasks
* Culture in the work place was organised and easy reference materials
* Diverse co-workers and ability for growth
Professional Environment in Correctional Setting
Special Constable Acting Supervi (Current Employee) –  Toronto, Ontario20 December 2016
A typical day in an acting supervisory role includes organizing institutional pick up of inmates, including adult males, females and young offenders. Ensuring court appearances of inmates are conducted in an efficient and timely manner. Liaison with all levels of staff, management and Judiciary members. Keeping detailed notes regarding all medical and emergency incidents throughout the day and reporting directly to Staff Sergeant and Duty Inspector. Ensure safety of all staff members and inmates within the cell area. Rectify any administrative deficiencies associated with Recognizances of Bail, Warrants of Committal, Jail Papers, Remand Warrants and DNA Orders. Organize the safe and efficient return of all inmates at the end of each day.

Management can occasionally be resistant to recommended changes within the bureau. Co-workers often become discouraged due to lack of team support from management. The most challenging aspect of my job is being caught between a team of co-workers who are in desperate need of positive leadership and a full-time management team who are often opposed to providing necessary changes within the bureau.

The most enjoyable aspect of my job is being an active participant during high profile trials, verdicts and sentencing hearings.
Pros
Excellent Health Benefits, Reimbursement for Continued Education
Cons
Poor Air Quality, No Light (Basement), Highly Stressful
Leaders in Workplace Wellness & Health Promotion
Wellness intern (Former Employee) –  Derry Road Mississauga ON14 September 2016
The working environment was upbeat, organized and cooperative. There was some disagreement between the Occupational Health and the Healthy Lifestyle divisions. Voluntary Health practices were not accepted fully by the HR department. Coworkers were supportive and my boss was helpful. The difficulty was she was very busy. I learned about the hierarchy of getting approval. This meant proposals could be out of date by the time they were approved.
The satisfaction of seeing the employees take advantage of programs designed for their wellbeing was inspirational.
Great experience and a productive and fun workplace
Police Civillian (Former Employee) –  180 Derry Road East11 April 2016
Sorted call logs, filed police records, labelled boxes, worked with other police officers and police civilians, learned teamwork and leadership skills. Enjoyed everything about the job.
Pros
1 hour lunch break
Great place to work, interesting, diverse opportunities, quality people.
Staff Sergeant/Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 March 2016
Many positions in the organization are very dynamic as you are reacting to small and large scale events that occur in the community.
There are many very diverse positions in the Service that allows staff to transfer laterally or through promotion to higher ranks.
Many of the positions involve shift work. There are many different schedules, the hours of work can be 8, 10, or 12 hour shifts depending on the bureau/position you have.
The job can be stressful and also very rewarding. The organization has a number of support mechanisms to assist staff in having a balanced life, stress coping skills, and resilience.
Pros
Excellent benefits, professional organization, many career opportunties
Cons
shift work, 24/7 operation
Safe environment and enhanced knowledge about the career of policing.
Student Employee (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 November 2015
YIPI (Youth In Policing Initiative), was a summer internship that I was lucky to take part in. Not only did it provide students with information of policing, but it also allowed the students to have a more hands on experience. We participated in activities such as: repelling, the shooting range and also took part in the police PREP test. The most enjoyable part of the job was going out into the community and making a change. We did things such as: graffiti clean-up, learn more about the foster care homes, interact with the elderly, and also provide awareness of safety to children. Overall, it was a great experience and it further enlarged my knowledge in the career of policing.
Pros
Interacting with more police officers, being involved in activities, and the salary
Cons
N/a
Very interesting industry to work for
Lead Business Analyst / Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 July 2015
• Obtain end to end requirements lifecycle management of enterprise scale projects in Software, Web, Portal, HR, Supply Chain (WMS), Datacenter projects.

• Create project artefacts; such as data flow diagrams (DFDs), Use case specification, SRS, Business cases, Process flows, work flows, business requirement documents (BRDs), Test cases, detailed requirement documents (DRDs), use case specification, wireframes/prototypes

• Conduct workshops, user training, support and defect tracking techniques

• Proficient at producing ad-hoc reports and interfacing with multiple levels of management

• Solid presentation, communication and client management task
• Strong work ethic I take ownership of all duties and responsibilities

• Managed and planned multiple projects simultaneously
summer student
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  180 derry road4 May 2015
great experience working for them. typical day consisted of filing paperwork. learned management skills which I've carried over to many other jobs
Pros
free lunch
fun and best work place
Youth In Policing Initiative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 August 2014
ive learned lot of skills from this job Eg: organizational and communication skills and PowerPoint skills
Pros
own cafeterias
Cons
1 hr lunch
Fantastic place to work!
Second Level Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 June 2014
You can not ask for a better place to work! Everyone there is very nice and pleasant. An amazing management team that really listens to what you have to say. Co-workers are always enthusiastic and willing to help out whenever possible. Most enjoyable part of working there was just going in every day, it was such a relaxing great environment to work in.
Good summer job/wages
Groundskeeper/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Norval, ON29 November 2013
Excellent organization to work for.

On the days I did maintenance, duties would include cleaning entire building after functions; daily maintenance; grass cutting, garden building, outdoor maintenance.

On the days I worked in the office, duties would include reception work: answering and directing all incoming calls; general office duties.

I learned how to keep a large facility clean and maintained
I learned how to manage incoming telephone traffic
Nice very professional staff
Hardest part of job was raking grass and picking rocks
Most enjoyable was the Receptionist work
Pros
working with adults was a new experienced
Cons
Extreme weather conditions in the summer
Eye Opening Experience
Escort prisoners from various penitentiaries (Former Employee) –  Mississauga2 October 2013
Securing inmates in a federal building and escorting them back and forth from police divisions and penitentiaries. I learned the power of words. Management was an eclectic bunch of individuals with interesting views on society. Co-workers had strong opinions.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Stress
Great people, positive environment, productive
Clerical Support II - Temporary Contract (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 July 2013
-great employees
-great staff
-exciting
-challenging
-the hardest part of the job was keeping track of inventory
-enjoyed keeping busy and being challenged
Pros
the people
Cons
not in barrie
Peel Police Review
Youth civilian worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 April 2013
This job was an excellent experience, unfortunately it was only a summer position that was offered to students. I got to work in a few different divisions and in different sections of the police force. This included the tactical unit, marine unit and even records unit. Since I've always loved law, this job was perfect for me. I got to learn the ins and outs of the every day life of a cop; in and outside the cruiser. The hardest part about this job was getting the cops that you were working with to accept you. Since they are very protective of what they do and the contents that they deal with, they are really conscious and territorial when it comes to new comers. The best part about this job was all the experience I gained through this job.
An exciting place for talent
Police Constable (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 February 2013
Being a police officer really allowed me to use a wide spectrum of my acquired skills I have gained through life experience. Using my skills from when I was a soldier serving in Afghanistan definitely came useful in protecting my co-workers in high level stress situations.

It was definitely an exciting job.