PEEL DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD

PEEL DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD Canada Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great and progressive employer with a large work force.
VICE-PRINCIPAL (Former Employee), Mississauga, OntarioJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: interactions with students, parents, staff and the community
Cons: long hours
A Vice-Principal (VP) typically works at a school and helps the principal in dealing with behavioral problems with students, evaluating teachers, dealing with the day to day maintenance of the school. A VP is heavily involved in the daily routines of the students, teachers, and parents who participate in the education of their children. This often takes the form of discipline when dealing with students whose behavior is disruptive to or unsafe for other students. VP's are primarily responsible for creation of timetabling, curriculum support, exam scheduling, exam supervision, teacher absences, teacher evaluations, school building maintenance, assessment and evaluation, student registration, extracurricular activities supervision, community outreach, professional development activities, and chairing various school and board related committees.

The working hours are long and each day is full of surprises. The fast pace of the day makes the job more challenging and interesting. Making a difference in the lives of the students is the most rewarding part of the job. In my case it was supporting at risk students, their parents and diverse communities.
Supportive Environment with Friendly Co-workers
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee), Brampton, ONJune 24, 2014
Administration makes a superb effort in meeting new substitute teachers and making them feel welcome in each school. Full time teachers help newcomers find their way around the building and finding any missing work or coming up with other possible solutions to a problem. Teachers also like to include substitutes they know into their activities and events (ex. going out for lunch, playing on a team, etc.).
Productive and fun place to work!
Casual Field Office Elementary Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Brampton, ONJune 9, 2014
Pros: long breaks
Cons: not knowing what school your travelling to
A typical day at work is waking up early in the morning and going to any assigned elementary school to assist the entire school as a behavioral teaching assistant where I assist students with behavioral/special needs. I have learned that it takes a lot of patience and time to do this job and to get through the day smoothly.

I am very manageable with this job, it includes a lot of time management skills because there are different students that need assistance at different times of the day due to illness, medications. adjustment to supply teachers or any changes of schedule.

My co-workers are different individuals everyday! In this case, I love working with new people and meeting new personalities where I can learn and grow from different people each and every day. I also love meeting new children everyday, but I must say the hardest part of the job is trying to get these children to become use to you for the day. Most of these children that need assistance have a hard to adjusting to change of teachers so their behavior is increased. The most enjoyable part of my day is seeing the smile on a child's face when I can make them smile!
Good balance of life and work
Junior Buyer (Internship) (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONJune 7, 2014
Friendly co-workers and steady pace working enviroment. Great place to balance your work and life there.
A fun place to work and learn new skill while performing tasks. Great co-workers.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONApril 25, 2014
A typical day at work is busy. I have learnt that there are many ways in which one task can completed. I have improved both my hard and soft skills. I was able to manage and prioritize my tasks on a daily basis. My co-workers were very helpful, encouraging and always compliment me on what a good job I am doing. I did not experience any hard part of my job. The most enjoyable part of my job is learning new skills, interacting with people of different culture and making a difference in thatcompany.
productive and therapeutic work place
Child and Youth Worker (Current Employee), Hillside Middle SchoolApril 9, 2014
I work one on one with students to achieve their individual goals
My co-workers are very suppotive of everyone there
The hardes part of this job is not being able to satisfy all the students
Focused on Continuing Education
Grade Five and Six Teacher (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONMarch 7, 2014
Great team approach. The Board is supportive of continuing education and provides many training session on site as well as encouraging off site education.
I believe that as an employee and agent of the PDSB, I was on the leading edge of education and helping students develop as life-long learners.
School Administrator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 31, 2014
I enjoyed a most rewarding career with the Peel Board. I was indeed fortunate to be able to return in 2006 after unsustainable business ventures. I had the opportunity to serve the school communities as a teacher, consultant, vice-principal and principal.

In all roles, the most fun and rewarding aspect of the work were the positive relationships and associations with so many wonderful people, big and small.
I enjoyed this job and I learned something new everyday.
Educational Assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONJanuary 15, 2014
I enjoyed working everyday with the children. I enjoyed the job because everyday was different. During my time at this job I meet so many wonderful people from different backgrounds. I also had the opportunity to learn through my PD day workshops.
special needs
Educational Resource Facilitator (Current Employee), mississaugaNovember 6, 2013
Pros: good hours
Cons: low salary
At the end of each day there is a sense of reward. The smiles that welcome you each and everyday is in itself worth the job.
Treated very well...enjoyed all the positions
Vice Principal, Department Head and Teacher, (Former Employee), Mississauga and BramptonSeptember 30, 2013
As a teacher, I enjoyed helping students become successful citizens in society.

As a department head, I liked the performing the role of leadership.

As a Vice Principal, I was thrilled to achieve this position at such a young age (32)...major accomplishment for an immigrant kid. I liked working with all the constituents, including: students, parents, community and administration. I am a big picture personality.
Dream Job!
Technology Support Specialist (Former Employee), Peel regionSeptember 9, 2013
Setting up and maintaining computer networks; implementing local area networks and providing on-going support for administrative computer systems; supporting school staff by installing application software and operating system software; providing technical assistance to school staff in the set-up and use of hardware and peripherals; assisting the Internetworking Team with installation and maintenance of communications equipment and the resolution of problems; performing routine maintenance on hardware and operating system software, directing equipment for repair and monitoring repair process; testing, debugging and evaluating operating systems, applications software and user interface; training school staff on software and hardware; other related duties. Travel to a number of different locations and transport equipment.
I enjoy dealing with variety of people and that I thrive working in challenging and stimulating environment.
Occasional Teacher (Current Employee), BramptonSeptember 9, 2013
Mainly teaching grade 1-8 in various schools. My educational experiences have allowed me to develop expertise in a wide range of areas concerning children and adolescence . Some of these areas include the different stages of child development and the need to encourage students to explore their environment. I have also learned the importance of communication between school and home and the need to provide a safe and inclusive environment, where all students can feel successful
Fun & prospective environment with students
Summer School Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONAugust 18, 2013
Very good environment to initiate a first experience for real life work. Youngsters and elders are around to teach you several areas and times of life.
Fun Place
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), woodbridgeJuly 15, 2013
Pros: family
Cons: do not have one
One of the best places I worked at, after one year i became a supervisor, i am still close to the owners
fun and learn at the same time
Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee), Brampton, ONMay 13, 2013
Working hours are great from 8am to 3:30pm everyday. love it. workload is light. Salary and benefits are compatible.
Very secure and friendly.
Central Board Office Support Specialist (Former Employee), HJA Brown Education Centre, Mississauga, OntarioApril 29, 2013
An enjoyable place to work, updated facility, normal pressures and friendly staff. Management is firm but fair. Opportunities to increase your career through education.
flexible work environment
Education Resource Facilitator (Former Employee), Mississauga, ONFebruary 8, 2013
Pros: no shift work
Cons: don't have any
enjoyable and fun place to work! Enjoyed assisting students
getting so stressful now a days due to job security
Office Assistant (Current Employee), BramptonNovember 20, 2012
Pros: nice to be employed with the type of earning
Cons: not good to be on contracts
love to work with my co-worker but not enough to stay and progress.
professional environment
Education Assistant (Current Employee), Mississauga, ONOctober 26, 2012
I have worked for the Peel District School Board. I have been exposed to a mulitple of diverse experience.