PEEL DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD Employee Reviews

Offers a variety of teaching opportunities
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 June 2017
Peel Distract School Board is a great board to work for. They offer numerous training opportunities and are always trying to better the staffs knowledge and abilities.
Supportive and Inclusive
Occasional Teacher - Elementary (Current Employee) –  Peel, ON25 May 2017
There are lots of opportunities for professional development.
There is work 4-5 days a week as an occasional teacher.
You can choose which schools you will work when you start working.
Great professional work environment.
Human Resources Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 May 2017
A wonderful team with initiative and drive with a built in capacity for learning and growth culture.

I would highly recommend this employer to all types of learners and educators.
wonderful school board to be a part of!
Occasional Teacher (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 May 2017
-Multiculturalism
- Various aged children with unique abilities and personalities
- Room to grow and learn as a teacher
- Inclusiveness and developing
Pros
Working with children
Cons
High needs areas
Fun and interactive place to work
Lunchroom supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 May 2017
it was fast paced and required me to be on my toes at all times. each student required different assistance, which lead me to constantly be aware of my surroundings and who i was working with at the time.
No comment
AV Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 April 2017
Deal with IT related issues in 240 plus locations on a daily basis(not all every day) according to work orders placed. Politically correct based system and impossible to please all parties.
My co-workers were the enjoyable part of the job as we were in the same situation and we relied on each other.
Great place to work.
Grade 5 LTO Homeroom Teacher (Former Employee) –  Brampton, On16 April 2017
Peel district school board is a great employer who treats their employees well. I have found that most schools are very happy to have a supply come help, and are willing to share resources with staff. The most difficult part of the job as an occasional teacher is that you don't get to follow through a unit with students.
Peel District School Board
Teaching Assistant - Champlain Trail Public School (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 March 2017
Supporting and serving children is the most enjoyable and rewarding part of my this job. Providing children with support to achieve emotional, social and academic goals.
Pros
Hours
Cons
N/a
Student Teacher
Placement Student (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 March 2017
Excellent experience with PDSB thus far.
Many beneficial programs for students (ie. Breakfast Program, Boys and Girls Club, etc.). Teaching experience has involved many additional resources provided by the board which helps to facilitate a fantastic classroom learning experience.
Looking forward to working further with this board.
A wonderful place to work
Special Education Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 March 2017
My experiences has been positive. Being a Special Needs Teaching Assistant our days are busy a work life and social balance is important. It's a great stepping stone to use should you want to become a Behavioural Therapist, Guidance Counselor etc with additiinal education.
Pros
Playing a key role in shaping the future
Cons
Demanding job mentally, emotionally and physically
Greating working environment
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  254 Queen Mary Dr, Brampton, ON L7A 3L63 March 2017
-Working 1 to 1 with special needs children
-Endless opportunities for continuous growth
-Great staff (Flexible, supportive, educating)
Wish I could have stayed
Teachers Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 March 2017
This job was easily the best job I ever had. People were amazing and I was able to thrive as an employee through continued training and opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Benefits were amazing
Cons
can't think of any, honestly
Productive and a super fun environment
Summer Camp Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 February 2017
A very diverse work environment filled with laughter and professionalism. The most enjoyable part of the job was the children, they made my day. The hardest part was to monitor them during lunch supervision, although it was a great experience!
Good company to work for
International Language Teacher (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 February 2017
I enjoy working in childcare environment. Like to work with children and be part of their regular routine guide so encourage them to be good future citizens
Awsome job just not for me
Mississauga - Custodian P/T (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 January 2017
Good job worked from 330 to 11 and it was a good ahift i was a floater and i woild jump from school to school and it was good

Only bad thing is alot of driving and even in bad weather in the winter but overall a good place to work awsome benifits and pension
Grade 6 Math Teacher
"Tutor in the Classroom" (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 January 2017
Prepared math lessons for grade 6 students to help them prepare for EQAO testing. Learned how to manage and work with younger children who are 'slow learners'. Management was not ideal - co-workers were great. Very helpful. I learned how to create schedules, use interactive math ideas for lessons. Hardest part is trying to provide help to students who do not want to accept the help.
Productive, Flexible
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 January 2017
Excellent Co-workers who are supportive and encouraging. I like engaging with different social activities with students and assisting them with their learning and any other difficulties.
Pros
Good Experience
Cons
Not enough permanent positions
No Stability and Outdated Policies
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 November 2016
Working as an occasional Behavioral Teaching Assistant a few years ago I would get far more jobs and at least would get calls the night before rather than in the morning and then there were fewer calls, they would be in the morning right before school started, only for half a day of work....and you are required to be available a minimum of 3 days a week for what......no one can live on that kind of insecurity.

I also was told after a number of months that I would never be hired as anything other than occasional because I don't have an ECE/Child and Youth Worker credential which to be honest is absurd as I have a 4 year undergraduate degree as well as post graduate education in mental health and addiction and a great deal of experience working with youth so I am more qualified than the people they are hiring. It is a "policy" issue that makes no sense.
Pros
I liked the disengaged youth I was working with
Cons
No job stability/security/room for growth
Very progressive board with many opportunities to progress as an individual
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 November 2016
A great place to work!
Many opportunities to become a "whole" person. Clean, well-kept schools, well budgeted programs, tremendous support from staff.
Pros
Great P.D.
Cons
Large classes
Pdsb
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 October 2016
I loved my job with the school board to the point where I never felt like I worked a day in my life! Loved being part of a team and interacting with staff and students.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PEEL DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5