PEEL DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD Employee Reviews

Student Teacher
Placement Student (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 March 2017
Excellent experience with PDSB thus far.
Many beneficial programs for students (ie. Breakfast Program, Boys and Girls Club, etc.). Teaching experience has involved many additional resources provided by the board which helps to facilitate a fantastic classroom learning experience.
Looking forward to working further with this board.
A wonderful place to work
Special Education Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 March 2017
My experiences has been positive. Being a Special Needs Teaching Assistant our days are busy a work life and social balance is important. It's a great stepping stone to use should you want to become a Behavioural Therapist, Guidance Counselor etc with additiinal education.
Pros
Playing a key role in shaping the future
Cons
Demanding job mentally, emotionally and physically
Greating working environment
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  254 Queen Mary Dr, Brampton, ON L7A 3L63 March 2017
-Working 1 to 1 with special needs children
-Endless opportunities for continuous growth
-Great staff (Flexible, supportive, educating)
Wish I could have stayed
Teachers Assistant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 March 2017
This job was easily the best job I ever had. People were amazing and I was able to thrive as an employee through continued training and opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Benefits were amazing
Cons
can't think of any, honestly
Productive and a super fun environment
Summer Camp Teacher Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 February 2017
A very diverse work environment filled with laughter and professionalism. The most enjoyable part of the job was the children, they made my day. The hardest part was to monitor them during lunch supervision, although it was a great experience!
Good company to work for
International Language Teacher (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 February 2017
I enjoy working in childcare environment. Like to work with children and be part of their regular routine guide so encourage them to be good future citizens
Awsome job just not for me
Mississauga - Custodian P/T (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 January 2017
Good job worked from 330 to 11 and it was a good ahift i was a floater and i woild jump from school to school and it was good

Only bad thing is alot of driving and even in bad weather in the winter but overall a good place to work awsome benifits and pension
Grade 6 Math Teacher
"Tutor in the Classroom" (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 January 2017
Prepared math lessons for grade 6 students to help them prepare for EQAO testing. Learned how to manage and work with younger children who are 'slow learners'. Management was not ideal - co-workers were great. Very helpful. I learned how to create schedules, use interactive math ideas for lessons. Hardest part is trying to provide help to students who do not want to accept the help.
Productive, Flexible
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 January 2017
Excellent Co-workers who are supportive and encouraging. I like engaging with different social activities with students and assisting them with their learning and any other difficulties.
Pros
Good Experience
Cons
Not enough permanent positions
No Stability and Outdated Policies
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 November 2016
Working as an occasional Behavioral Teaching Assistant a few years ago I would get far more jobs and at least would get calls the night before rather than in the morning and then there were fewer calls, they would be in the morning right before school started, only for half a day of work....and you are required to be available a minimum of 3 days a week for what......no one can live on that kind of insecurity.

I also was told after a number of months that I would never be hired as anything other than occasional because I don't have an ECE/Child and Youth Worker credential which to be honest is absurd as I have a 4 year undergraduate degree as well as post graduate education in mental health and addiction and a great deal of experience working with youth so I am more qualified than the people they are hiring. It is a "policy" issue that makes no sense.
Pros
I liked the disengaged youth I was working with
Cons
No job stability/security/room for growth
Very progressive board with many opportunities to progress as an individual
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 November 2016
A great place to work!
Many opportunities to become a "whole" person. Clean, well-kept schools, well budgeted programs, tremendous support from staff.
Pros
Great P.D.
Cons
Large classes
Pdsb
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON17 October 2016
I loved my job with the school board to the point where I never felt like I worked a day in my life! Loved being part of a team and interacting with staff and students.
productive and gain expereinces
educational assistant/primary/junior teacher/ECE (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 October 2016
Making a difference in lives of students. It is a great place to meet valuable individuals who are understand the needs of the students
It is good opportunities to work with children
International language Instructor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 June 2016
Teaching Mandarin is every saturday during evey school year. I am so pleased teaching and learning with my students about Chinese cultural and language.
Pros
have opportunity to professional development day each year
Cons
only 2.5 hours a week
A great opportunity
Casual Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 June 2016
I really enjoy working for peel because I am able to work in the field and use my education to its fullest potential. thank you.
Pros
a job i enjoy
Cons
summers off
Lunch Monitor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 June 2016
I enjoyed working with children and being of assistance for them.
The staff was friendly and helpful. I especially enjoyed spending time with the children.
Great place to be in
Supply Lunch Room Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON31 May 2016
.Great place to be in. Friendly environment. cooperative and supportive staff.
job work & life balance can be managed easily.
Cons
A school district that serves approximately 155,000 students at more than 240 schools in Mississauga, Brampton and Caledon.
Occasional Teacher (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 May 2016
I teach students in grades Kindergarten to Grade 6. I typically teach lesson plans that teachers have left for me but once in a while I am able to incorporate my own ideas and lessons into the day. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the children and establishing relationships with children in classes that I teach on a regular basis. It is important to me to be able to have even a small impact on the children every single day. I also have great respect and admiration for all of the teachers and administrators who I meet at the different schools and I enjoy getting to know them and learning from them.
Pros
Excellent working environment and conditions.
Cons
Can be inconsistent work (i.e. not every day).
Want to move on.
IT PROJECT LEAD (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON12 May 2016
Used to be a good IT department. Not any more. Lot of Politics, nepotism. Want to move on. Work/Life balance is good. Not interested in writing more.
It's the Education Sector
Office Assistant - Computer (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 May 2016
Working in a Secondary School, in the front office. Maintains, schedules and updates all student records and report cards. Verifies output and edits errors / conflicts. Contacts students / teachers / parents if necessary. Completes secretarial duties including typing / word processing, filing, activity bookings and photocopying. Performs communication duties including reception by phone or in person.

4.5