Demonstrate your experience, writing and organizational skills in this contract position (to August 31, 2014).
Reporting to the Manager of Communications, you will support all aspects of communications support for various student success initiatives, as well as the coordination of communications projects and special events.
More specifically, as a Communications Assistant, you will:
- Communicate information about the initiatives to Board staff and students.
- Plan and implement events for students and teachers, including booking keynote speakers and liaising with outside agencies.
- Manage project timelines.
- Create presentations.
- Write news releases and promote / pitch story ideas to news media.
- Manage sections of the Board’s website, including writing and editing website content and coordinating external graphic design, video production and other services to enhance the website.
As a Communications Assistant, you will be able to apply your:
- Community college diploma related to Public Relations, Communications or a related discipline.
- Excellent computer skills, including experience using PowerPoint, Excel, SharePoint and other web development software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, research and proofreading skills and note-taking abilities.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to working in a diverse school community and/or work environment.
The Peel District School Board is one of the largest school boards in Canada, with more than 152,000 students in 242 schools.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but will only be interviewing selected candidates. For the safety of students, all school board staff need to provide a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment.
To apply, please click "Apply Now." Closing date: Monday, November 11, 2013.
The Peel District School Board is committed to equity in employment. We will provide reasonable accommodation, based on any of the human rights protected grounds, during the hiring process if advised in advance.