Peekaboo Child Care Employee Reviews

Preschool Teacher (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON6 April 2017
flexibility with scheduling
hardest part- physically demanding
enjoyable - children
typical day - caring for children, preparing activities in a classroom setting
pay very low,they expect you to work like crazy
ECE Assistant (Former Employee) –  trowers30 March 2017
the only workplace I know that you are required to find your own supply coverage if you cant find a person to cover you then you will be asked to come to work and the office will decide when to sent you home. Pay is not worth it to work like crazy. Staff are asked to clean the staff bathroom, mop the hallway,(when the kids are sleeping or you're on ratio, vacuum the carpet (because its not the cleaner's job) so you work here as a cleaner too, so if you wanna work here be ready to do some cleaning job.
Management only cares about money and getting more children, not listening to employees. Staff come and go.
Working with the children and their families is wonderful its hard to leave this place because of them but if the management doesn't show any support and care then that's the time to say bye. "You cant have a good daycare if you don't have a good staff foundation"
Pros
met nice people, enjoyable working with the children
Cons
pay, management
Very busy and full
Placement Student ECE certification (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 November 2016
Did my final term placement at Peekaboo in Brampton. The facility was in an older building but was well run. I learned a lot from the other ECE's during my 3 months there.
Families and children passionate about the art of dance.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 September 2016
Part time hours at night and weekends. Learned how to communicate to different age groups and personalities with confidence. Pre-planned lessons off scheduled work hours.
Pros
teaching children and adults the joy of dance.
Cons
Inconsistent pay from employer
perfect
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON16 June 2016
i am full time teacher in Milton peekaboo. i have very best experience with kids.i like to solve kids problem.and i was documented all the paper work and maintain children data.
Fast paced Child Care Centre
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Oakville, Ontario3 December 2013
There are 8 classrooms with children aged 6 months to 6 years old.
I learned how to lead in a team, accept constructive growth tips, and manage my time between interactions with the children and filling reports that are required by Management.
The hardest part of the job is learning to adapt to each child's specific needs while in a room of up to 24 children with only three staff.
The most enjoyable part of the job is being a vital part of the children's growth and education. It is truly amazing to watch a child grow from infancy to be an independent child with much success in their future.
Cons
Long hours, a lot of expectations with no reflection in the pay structure
Quality child care impacts positive influence on children,parents,& educators.(Everybody)
Student Volunteer with ECE (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 November 2013
Hello,
I worked with three co-workers in preschooler environment at Peekaboo child care center in Brampton.My co-workers were experienced in their fields,so I got feedback about my activities. I read and learned about behavior management policy too.Peekaboo curriculum is theme based and it represents an enjoyable moments in children's lives.The hardest part of the job was when I left Peekaboo child care. I mean to say that when my placement was going to finish and start my college. The happiest part of the job was everyday I began my morning to see young children. I learn lot from my experience, this is the main reason why I finished my diploma without take a break.
Jaswinder
Pros
Teamwork, Experience, child ratio, better working conditions, safe for children
productive and fun workplace, everyone is easy to communicate and get along with
Early Childhood Educator (Current Employee) –  wolfedale8 September 2013
I enjoy working at Peekaboo. I enjoy working with children/families, co-workers are easy to approach and friendly.

Personally, the hardest part of the job would also be the best. Watching the children as they excel and graduate to a higher level program ( infant to toddler)
Although it is sad to let them go, it is amazing watching them grow.
Pros
great staff and supervors
Early Childhood Assistant
Junior Kindergarten (Former Employee) –  Brampton21 September 2012
•Planned and implemented daily program plans for age groups ranging from infants through to school age to develop children’s skills
•Followed a theme based curriculum
•Designed and maintained budget for the classroom
•Maintained a clean work environment