Peavey Industries Employee Reviews

Receiver (Current Employee) –  red deer abAugust 6, 2015
Great hours and benefits. Good on the job training. Good people, management needs some work though. Buyer barbecues are fun.
Pros
holiday long weekend early fridays off
Cons
Bad management
Flexible work schedule.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABSeptember 14, 2012
Working at Peavey Industries was a great place for me to work. With the ability to work through my lunches, and leave early so I could take my son to hockey was perfect.
My manager was awesome, she was very laid back and easy to talk to with any problems we might have. And what can I say about my co-workers except everyone helped each other out, and lent a hand when needed. Not to say that it was always perfect, you put 30 women together in an office, and there is bound to be mishaps. All in all though they were a fun bunch of ladies.
The hardest part of my job was trying to get my speed up for data entry as I came from the warehouse with no experience. However it did not take long, and I was up with the others.
The most enjoyable part of my job was when we were super busy, and there wasn't enough time for a full 15 minute break. The busier the better I always say.
Pros
good benifits, christmas pot luck, bbq's, staff shopping, flexible
Cons
not great wages
Dismal, harrasing, borderline unacceptable workplace
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABApril 16, 2016
Peavey started out like a decent job, Monday to Friday 8:00 - 16:30.
Overtime however things gradually became worse. The warehouse is beyond unacceptable in terms of dust. Mandatory overtime has become a common occurrence, they are so terribly understaffed that instead of expending the extra money to hire more employees they enforce mandatory overtime hours to try and bandage the problem. Morale is at absolute zero. The company simply doesn't know how to handle an unhappy worker. Their office staff constantly gripe about being underpaid. The few company events they do each year are just further excuses to harass their employees. For example the Christmas feast each year is held in the middle of the week around noon. During this time we are forced to preform some humiliating action to have the privilege to go get some food. They ramble on constantly about the Peavey family but it only comes into play when it serves their purposes. They are in constant violation of safety procedures and as far as I could tell are only now making amends to a fraction of the issues. They have made a series of blundering decisions in who is made supervisor and how those people are treated. The former supervisor of my department was demoted because his assistance was backstabbing him at every opportunity, she then took over his job and proved without a doubt she was incapable of preforming her duties. I ended up having to do far more than my job entails and may as well have been the supervisor myself. The forklift supervisor can constantly be overheard insulting his crew and further more elects that
  more... they do the most work even though he is still required to drive his lift and do the job. Numerous other departments have had incompetent or improper supervisors in place. The hardest part of this job is just putting up with all the insane levels of incompetence at every turn. Most of the crew either barely work or are simply unqualified to be working in this environment. The best part of the day was getting the heck out of there. In summary Peavey is well below the accepted standards of this or any other developed country. Perhaps if they relocated to Mumbai they would fare better.  less
Pros
Cons
Terrible management
best place i work at
Order picker (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABJuly 8, 2012
got a sheet with numbers and went and found product then box it and lable it and sent it to shiping
how to use a pallet jack
good managment
made some good friends
pulling really heavey pallets around
it was real work kept in shape
Pros
great hrs
Cons
dusty, and lots of mice
Productive and Good people
Warehouse Shipper and Receiver (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, ABAugust 25, 2013
Love the job, kept busy which i love, people was good and salary was good
Pros
the work
Cons
the location
good place to work
Warehouse Supervisor / Worker (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, ABOctober 11, 2012
Friendly people, opportunity for advancement and benefits
Pros
lots of overtime
Cons
?

Peavey Industries Reviews by Location