JOB TITLE: SUPPORT TECHNICIAN / TECHNICAL TRAINER
GENERAL SUMMARY: Technicians in the group provide first line technical support to computer users experiencing difficulties with computer hardware and with computer applications and communications software at store level.
REPORTS TO: Head System Administrator
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Communicate electronically and in person with computer users experiencing difficulties to determine and document problems experienced.
2. Consult user guides, technical manuals and other documents to research and implement solutions
3. Provide business systems, network and internet training and support to users in response to identified difficulties.
4. Collect, organize and maintain a problem and solution log for use by other technical support analyst
5. Provide technical training on new systems, and create & maintain user documentation as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Time Management skills and the ability to work unsupervised
2. A personality conducive to working with users
3. Past experience in hardware, software and networking
4. Interpersonal skills are required to communicate with team members
5. Require a knowledge of the different Windows operating systems (XP, 7)
6. Troubleshooting software & hardware
7. Networking experience
8. A+, And Network + Certification preferred but not necessary
1. Lifting Equipment
2. Working at computer for extended periods
*The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities to do the job. Rather they are only intended to describe the general nature of the job. Included duties, is any additional task assigned by supervisor(s).