Pearson

Pearson Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Very flexible schedule
Test Scorer (Current Employee), Iowa City, IAApril 28, 2014
This is a work at home job that is very flexible to an individuals schedule as long as you have the qualifications and access to the internet on your home computer.
Productive and challenging work environment; great benefits
Operations Business Analyst-Workforce Management (Current Employee), Lebanon, INApril 24, 2014
Pros: you have opportunities to learn more and constantly be challenged. when you show the desire to learn, you will be given more work to do.
Cons: no room to grow with pearson; there is too much outsourcing since 2012.
A typical day at Pearson begins with a To-do list that you don't always get a chance to fulfill until late in the day or has to be be constantly realigned to priorities. You are busy with customer and technical issues that you will handle with a First-Call resolution frame of mind.
Learning is unlimited. If you want to grow your skills set, you will. – more... If you are satisfied to just do your job, you can do that as well.
Management had been deep in experience until recent reorganizations; but always willing to listen.
The hardest part of the job is knowing that communication is not always available to you. You will need a can-do attitude to get the answers yourself; ask a lot of questions, and think outside of the box.
The most enjoyable part is the family-oriented teams within Pearson. Your co-workers are interested in you and supervisors willingly work to develop you to be one of the best. – less
basic environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 21, 2014
not a secure job. work always slow down because they just sell school books.
Very competitive employee benefits
Production Clerk/Lead (Current Employee), Cedar Rapids, IAApril 18, 2014
Good place to work. great employee benefits, eg. health care, tuition support, 401 k etc
Excellent job culture, benefits, and overall experience.
Scorer (Former Employee), PRApril 15, 2014
Excellent opportunity to work from home. I scored English test form students. I learned to work under pressure. The experience from my co-workers and supervisors whats great. I feel gratification of these work because I improve my English language.
n/a
Loose Pick (Former Employee), Lebanon, INApril 11, 2014
Good company to work for. Would work for this company again. Dislike how far of a drive it was every morning to get to work.
Good people - declining business
Sr. Electronics Tech/Lead Repair Tech (Current Employee), Lebanon, INApril 9, 2014
Pros: free coffee good benefits
Cons: no room for advancement-declining business
We work hard to get as much done as possible with limited resources. As the demand for our product goes down less people are needed, so everyone has to step up and do more
Challenging, fast-paced environment
Assistant Director Regional Marketing (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDApril 7, 2014
I've enjoyed my time at Connections Academy. I like working with my co-workers and believe our product is high quality and can change a child's life.
productive
Line Lead (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 6, 2014
Pros: weekly pay, great job, friendly employees
Cons: amount of hours allowed to work before company lets you go
A great place to work. The only thing I didn't like was the amount of hours you work before the company lets you go.
Strange tableside mannerisms
Temporary Scorer (Former Employee), Lansing, MIMarch 31, 2014
Pros: two breaks and a lunch, the people you are able to come across, the quiet work atmosphere.
Cons: poor management, unreasonable production standards (similar to a plant/factory production model), unacceptable and childish behavior from supervisors, unclear and nonconsistent training material.
When contacted by Pearsons, you're told you will earn a 13.00 per hour. This is false. According to the hiring information given upon being recruited by a computerized system, it is revealed that you make a certain amount per test graded. The amount of tests you are required to grade would be roughly 4-7 tests a minute, in order to successfully meet – more... Pearsons' standards for their production model of 100-150 tests per hour or 5000-5625 tests per week. The training is a single day, and the scorer is expected to perform at top out-put after that single day. If the scorer cannot produce to the satisfaction of standards put forth by Pearsons, they will be repeatedly told they may be let go. This isn't exactly a productive method to keep the overall spirit of the work place at its highest. Overall, the information presented by their website does not meet what truly is expected of their temporary scorers. – less
Publishing Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 24, 2014
Pros: great work culture, benefits, smart people, nice atmosphere
I really enjoyed my time here. Honestly i'm sad to leave. The hours are really reasonable 9 am - 6 pm. People work from home often.
Customer service to sales reps
Senior Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lebanon, INMarch 23, 2014
Pros: great co-workes & benefits
Cons: inconsistency in quality control
Took calls from company sales rep regarding orders, samples, and returns. Authorized credits and debits.
productive place in a fast phase
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Cranbury, NJMarch 22, 2014
great place to work where I enjoyed where I have a passion for because it makes me feel important because I have to make sure that nothing happens for example theft or even a fight. I always get along with my cow workers because we help each other and the most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction that I have and a pleasure that I feel when – more... I left off the work just because i make or made the day perfect of what i did or what i do. and where everybody let you do the job without putting pressure. – less
Company filled with people who care, but work pace is too slow
Implementation Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 19, 2014
Pearson is a company that really cares about its employees and there is a lot of opportunity to move laterally to different positions within the company.

My biggest issue with Pearson is the culture--it's a large company that moves behind the curve. It seems like at times my work disappears into a black hole. Unless you are in the highest levels of – more... management, it's very easy to fade away, so it is difficult to build investment for a project among colleagues. – less
Great people at this company
Facilities Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 18, 2014
Pros: great people, gives you the opportunity to learn management skills.
Cons: manager is a bit rude to employees.
A typical day working at pearson is I come into work check the pantries as well as the conference rooms, I order lunch, book conference, data entry for invoices. Followup with the building on any repairs that needs to be done, assist with my manager on administrative duites. Assist with new hire badges and new hire paper work.
Wonderful place to work. I got a good sense of satisfaction that I was helping students.
Temporary Employee (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 14, 2014
I was extremely satisfied with my work at Pearson.
The supervisors were very helpful and responsive. I gained friendships with many of my co-workers.
The Human Resources manager was always helpful as was other employees.
The hardest part of my job was adjusting to the temperature control, but I understood that when working with computers all day, cool – more... temperatures are necessary to maintain alertness.
What I enjoyed most was challenging myself to be better each day than the day before and seeing my accomplishments. – less
Watch candidates take exams
Test Administrator / Proctor (Current Employee), Roanoke VaMarch 9, 2014
Pros: easy and no pressure
Cons: not enough hours
Proctor exams and make sure candidates are following procedures and have a wonderful testing experience.
This is a work from home position. I determine my own work schedule.
Distributed Scorer (Current Employee), homeFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: work from home; determine how many hours you want to work.
Cons: project-based, there may be times when you have nothing to score, other times there can be an abundance of work available.
Pearson is a leader in developing educational materials for all levels of education. Teacher candidates for national certification in the Secondary sciences must submit a teaching portfolio called the edTPA.

While one submits a work schedule to Pearson, it is flexible and allows you to work from home as little or as much as you wish. There is a limit – more... to how many portfolios can be scored in a day, because it is critical to follow all rubrics closely. – less
Tedius, Unproductive, Low Quality Environment
Media Project Manager (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: decent health care with gym memberships subsidized.
Cons: little to no chance for career advancement, low salary industry.
For the 45 year old employee looking for a non-hectic environment and simple pay, this is a good place to be. For the young college graduate, this place will be very lack-luster for you. The systems are outdated, the work is repetitious, the offices are quiet and inactive, and the career opportunities are minimum a decade away.
A multinational publishing house with great learning atmosphere
Development Editor (Current Employee), Noida, IndiaFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: fun
Pearson Education always keeps your learning curve steep.

About Pearson

Pearson is an international media company with world-leading businesses in education, business information, and consumer publishing. – Read more