Pearson

Pearson Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
productive place in a fast phase
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Cranbury, NJMarch 22, 2014
great place to work where I enjoyed where I have a passion for because it makes me feel important because I have to make sure that nothing happens for example theft or even a fight. I always get along with my cow workers because we help each other and the most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction that I have and a pleasure that I feel when – more... I left off the work just because i make or made the day perfect of what i did or what i do. and where everybody let you do the job without putting pressure. – less
Company filled with people who care, but work pace is too slow
Implementation Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 19, 2014
Pearson is a company that really cares about its employees and there is a lot of opportunity to move laterally to different positions within the company.

My biggest issue with Pearson is the culture--it's a large company that moves behind the curve. It seems like at times my work disappears into a black hole. Unless you are in the highest levels of – more... management, it's very easy to fade away, so it is difficult to build investment for a project among colleagues. – less
Great people at this company
Facilities Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 18, 2014
Pros: great people, gives you the opportunity to learn management skills.
Cons: manager is a bit rude to employees.
A typical day working at pearson is I come into work check the pantries as well as the conference rooms, I order lunch, book conference, data entry for invoices. Followup with the building on any repairs that needs to be done, assist with my manager on administrative duites. Assist with new hire badges and new hire paper work.
Wonderful place to work. I got a good sense of satisfaction that I was helping students.
Temporary Employee (Former Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 14, 2014
I was extremely satisfied with my work at Pearson.
The supervisors were very helpful and responsive. I gained friendships with many of my co-workers.
The Human Resources manager was always helpful as was other employees.
The hardest part of my job was adjusting to the temperature control, but I understood that when working with computers all day, cool – more... temperatures are necessary to maintain alertness.
What I enjoyed most was challenging myself to be better each day than the day before and seeing my accomplishments. – less
Watch candidates take exams
Test Administrator / Proctor (Current Employee), Roanoke VaMarch 9, 2014
Pros: easy and no pressure
Cons: not enough hours
Proctor exams and make sure candidates are following procedures and have a wonderful testing experience.
This is a work from home position. I determine my own work schedule.
Distributed Scorer (Current Employee), homeFebruary 28, 2014
Pros: work from home; determine how many hours you want to work.
Cons: project-based, there may be times when you have nothing to score, other times there can be an abundance of work available.
Pearson is a leader in developing educational materials for all levels of education. Teacher candidates for national certification in the Secondary sciences must submit a teaching portfolio called the edTPA.

While one submits a work schedule to Pearson, it is flexible and allows you to work from home as little or as much as you wish. There is a limit – more... to how many portfolios can be scored in a day, because it is critical to follow all rubrics closely. – less
Tedius, Unproductive, Low Quality Environment
Media Project Manager (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 24, 2014
Pros: decent health care with gym memberships subsidized.
Cons: little to no chance for career advancement, low salary industry.
For the 45 year old employee looking for a non-hectic environment and simple pay, this is a good place to be. For the young college graduate, this place will be very lack-luster for you. The systems are outdated, the work is repetitious, the offices are quiet and inactive, and the career opportunities are minimum a decade away.
A multinational publishing house with great learning atmosphere
Development Editor (Current Employee), Noida, IndiaFebruary 23, 2014
Pros: fun
Pearson Education always keeps your learning curve steep.
Very productive enviorment
folklift operator (Former Employee), Cranbury, NJFebruary 20, 2014
Pros: two fifteen minute breaks and a forty-five minute lunch
Cons: no benefits
Productive and very fun workplace with an indoor gym and a outdoor basketball court.
Knowledge
Academic Counselor (Former Employee), Duluth, GAFebruary 20, 2014
Identified the educational and career options appropriate for each student and assists with the analysis of each option, including possible outcomes and their implications; if needed, referred student to counseling services; sets up an action plan for the student to explore alternative careers and related majors.
A job and products I am proud to be a part of.
ASSOCIATE EDITOR (Current Employee), Glenview, ILFebruary 20, 2014
Pearson creates traditional and digital learning products for students of all ages. I work specifically within elementary education and experience first hand how textbooks and digital tools that children learn from are created - from conception to publishing (either on paper or online). The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the end product and – more... knowing that somewhere a child will engage with these products in a positive way. There are moving deadlines or problems to trouble-shoot and management is always open to discussion, which is a great help. A typical day might include dialogue between departments, my own writing and editing, exchange of information between vendors, etc. – less
productive working place
business improvement and quality inspection (Current Employee), Rugby, ENGFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: no free luch
Cons: yes i do over time
working troughout the day.
I learned about safety, enviroment situation, human behaviour, accident, jit, and team work.
management- about how to manage work and reach the target.
we need to work as team.
the hardest part of the job is to build a team.
the most enjoyable part of the job is fish the work in time and reach the target.
Work place
Area Sales Manager (Former Employee), Belgaum, KAFebruary 19, 2014
If i get the job in this organisation, i can servive. need to be get good salary, want to do hard work.
A Day With Pearson.
Technical Support (Current Employee), College Park, GAFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: it's from home
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work for me is to answer calls,chats, or emails helping students and instructors with different type of technical problems.I learned that not everybody is computer smart some call about the simplest things.My co-workers and the best love them and have never even laid eyes on them.The hardest part of this job is not being able to help – more... the next person if you don't understand.The most enjoyable part of the job is that I get to do it from home that is such an advantage. I Love That/ – less
A place full of books
Fork lift driver (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 18, 2014
Pros: easy work, and lots of breaks
Cons: the pay, and the small parking lot
Well its a easy job, but a fast paced one. You had to make sure you and your line meet the quota for the day. You had workers who would help when they were done. They made you feel like the whole job is on the same team.
Great team support and customer focus is key.
Centre Support Advisor (Former Employee), Harlow,EssexFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: term time only, regular updates and training conferences
I worked for Pearson as a Telephone appointment consultant and then upskilled to a Centre Support Advisor before being made redundant along with others in the department. My team members were great and we all had a great working relationship. Team leaders were very supportive in every aspect of our job roles and career development.The hardest part of – more... the job was to arrange an appointment with teachers as the government fundings were limited and teachers were often re-using past resources and adatpting them.The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a great team and feeling a sense of satisfaction when I had managed to help a teacher and offer the support they needed. – less
Workplace
Editor Acquisitions - Higher Education (Current Employee), Hyderabad,AndhrapradeshFebruary 6, 2014
Pros: job profile
Cons: job insecurity
My Typical day at works starts with talking to authors about the manuscript requirements and continue with sales , Production ,Manufacturing colleagues for the support required for the upcoming projects.

I learned its only and only our work which will support us during our good times as well as bad times and if its is accompanied by good relations – more... and great behavior we are bound to go places.

The good thing about the management is one will have ample scope to perform in each profile and sad part is you will not given required time and also there would be huge pressure to perform which at times can be very nerve breaking.

I was able to make some great relationships with colleagues from various departments who were supportive to me in my every project.

The hardest part of the job is that your job profile is bound to be insecure even if you are extremely talented and a great performer. – less
Good work environment
Senior Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee), Centennial, COFebruary 4, 2014
Pros: great opportunities
Cons: work schedules varied
Great place to work, learning and advancement is plentiful, no comment on management, most co-workers were great, hardest part of job was the work schedule, but I really enjoyed the job itself.
Nice place to learn and advance
Scoring Director, Scoring Supervisor, Reader (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 4, 2014
I got the opportunity to start working in the field w/o any previous experience. I always found all the training and coaching I needed.
Developer
Team Lead (Former Employee), Mysore,IndiaFebruary 3, 2014
Involved in Developing Question Bank Management Module.
• Performance Optimization in SP Level and Code Level.
• Resources file Generation.
• Involved in writing Stored Procedures.
• Implemented waterfall model.
• Used Asynchronous JavaScript and xml (AJAX).
• Involved in configuring web. Config file for ASP.Net web forms and the entire Web Application.
 – more... Implemented input validation using the ASP.NET Input Validation Controls and JavaScript.
• Prepared Unit Test Cases and Design documents.
• Implemented TFS as source control.
• Created stored procedures in SQL Server.
• Used MS-Reporting Service for generating reports.
• Worked on Performance tuning in SQL Server.
• Worked extensively on Data Collection Objects For data Transformation between the Business layer and the database layer – less

About Pearson

Pearson is an international media company with world-leading businesses in education, business information, and consumer publishing. – Read more